HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2014, 04:24 PM
  #226
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
watching the nt game. I have 6 2 min suspensions to 0 by procastinators..... I always get more suspensions than the other team. I have no idea why. Does anyone know? P.S. looks like I will lose this game.
I can't watch my NC match with the Melons

tujague is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 04:32 PM
  #227
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Uggg and it was VH/VH vs VL/VL serious.... Uggh

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 04:41 PM
  #228
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
well at least in football I had 10ST, 10SW vs 1ST and 1SW and lose 1-0



Tomorrow I will lose to smart people in hockey and end my 8th place hope. Good week

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
  #229
fakezomg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
By comparison, USA I.1 has 6 teams at 170 or higher.

Code:
Rnk	Team				Team strength
1	1.FC Corona		234
2	Boilermakers		217
3	Arlington Betamax		204
4	Bleeding Wildcats		191
5	The Fakeballers		189
6	Mouth Breathers		170
Note there may be teams running training camps in both instances, like Bombsville Atomics for example.
My team (the stupidly-named Fakeballers) is up to 192 now that my best CD is done serving his leftover suspension from last season. That'll probably be the highest rating I see all season since energy loss tends to match nearly 1:1 with player improvement rates. Then again, it might go up some if I manage to spend some of my half billion on a new guy.

In hockey, there's a decent chance I'll slip into 8th place and make the playoffs - I wonder if Obryantj will be a spoiler though...

fakezomg is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
  #230
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
My NC run is over. 28-28 with 1min left. He scored. I was stopped. Now I debate how long before I blow my team up and relegate.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 05:30 PM
  #231
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
My NC run is over. 28-28 with 1min left. He scored. I was stopped. Now I debate how long before I blow my team up and relegate.
Not yet. I would ride this season out a wee bit longer. You should be able to get rid of the <250 players within the next 2 months. LOL your SA is as good as mine.... Well maybe a little better....

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 07:20 PM
  #232
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Not yet. I would ride this season out a wee bit longer. You should be able to get rid of the <250 players within the next 2 months. LOL your SA is as good as mine.... Well maybe a little better....
I judge an SA by what it produces not how much is invested

Mine was good for the first month of its existence (lvls 2-4) and crap since.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 08:56 PM
  #233
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
Is anyone else having problems with watching matches or altering your lineups? I can't watch anything. I can change my lineup in hockey. In soccer and handball, my lineups are still set the right way if I go to the Next Match page. But if I go to the lineup page, it's all screwed up.

There's no shirts on the field and no players in the lineup. The players are selected in the bottom list, and deselecting/selecting other players will bring up the "Lineup not save" bit. But no players appear on the lineup part, and no shirts appears on the field.

I also can't bring up the 'Special tags' emoticons in the forum.

Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: It looks like it's a Firefox thing. The lineup page in Chrome is working. What the hell.


Last edited by tujague: 02-13-2014 at 09:32 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
  #234
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
ChL Groups are out. I'm paired with:
Algeria - 101 OTS
Australia - 161 OTS
Malaysia - 73 OTS

Lets see which game screws me of a perfect 6-0 and knocks me down in the playoff seeding.

Obryantj: Your group looks quite tough. You'll do fine, but you certainly have one of the highest OTS groups I've seen.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 12:23 AM
  #235
fakezomg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
I got a pretty easy ChL group compared to my past runs - 145, 139, and 94. Maybe the third time's the charm for making the playoffs?!

fakezomg is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 05:27 AM
  #236
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
ChL Groups are out. I'm paired with:
Algeria - 101 OTS
Australia - 161 OTS
Malaysia - 73 OTS
Jesus...

My group looks like this..

Germany - 228 OTS
Belgium - 214 OTS
Denmark - 212 OTS

I'll be competing with 212 OTS.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 07:24 AM
  #237
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
ChL Groups are out. I'm paired with:
Algeria - 101 OTS
Australia - 161 OTS
Malaysia - 73 OTS

Lets see which game screws me of a perfect 6-0 and knocks me down in the playoff seeding.

Obryantj: Your group looks quite tough. You'll do fine, but you certainly have one of the highest OTS groups I've seen.
My senses tell me that this is sarcastic and is being posted to bait me into posting.

Algeria - 156
Australia - 125
New Zealand - 122
(I'm at 221)

After glancing through some of the other groups, this might be one of the tougher groups in our ChL. Something about this setup doesn't seem right (mostly considering the differences between the different ChL tournaments).

You can definitely win the ChL if you have a low seed. Just look at last season.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
  #238
old time hockey4
Registered User
 
old time hockey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
ChL Groups are out. I'm paired with:
Algeria - 101 OTS
Australia - 161 OTS
Malaysia - 73 OTS

Lets see which game screws me of a perfect 6-0 and knocks me down in the playoff seeding.

Obryantj: Your group looks quite tough. You'll do fine, but you certainly have one of the highest OTS groups I've seen.
For my CWC draw:
North America (?) - 117 OTS
Azerbaijan - 141 OTS
India - 96 OTS

Surprised there isn't much difference still in the CWC and ChL, would have thought my draw would end up being way easier than yours, but still, only have to put a decent line out against Azerbaijan and should get a perfect record.

old time hockey4 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
  #239
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Jesus...

My group looks like this..

Germany - 228 OTS
Belgium - 214 OTS
Denmark - 212 OTS

I'll be competing with 212 OTS.
"Rest of World" ChL/CWC are slightly different than the European version


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
My senses tell me that this is sarcastic and is being posted to bait me into posting.

Algeria - 156
Australia - 125
New Zealand - 122
(I'm at 221)

After glancing through some of the other groups, this might be one of the tougher groups in our ChL. Something about this setup doesn't seem right (mostly considering the differences between the different ChL tournaments).

You can definitely win the ChL if you have a low seed. Just look at last season.
Ya but you need the best team or right up there. I'd say I'm 5-7th best. And I wasn't being sarcastic. I said it was one of the tougher groups... mainly because you don't have anyone sub-120 OTS . You'll crush them, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
For my CWC draw:
North America (?) - 117 OTS
Azerbaijan - 141 OTS
India - 96 OTS

Surprised there isn't much difference still in the CWC and ChL, would have thought my draw would end up being way easier than yours, but still, only have to put a decent line out against Azerbaijan and should get a perfect record.
Good luck man! I much prefer the CWC. Same OTR/win and weaker opponents. I full expect you to make the finals. Anything less than the semis is a failure. No pressure

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 10:00 AM
  #240
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,745
vCash: 500
I wasn't going to login today, but I had to see my ChL group

North America (CD ATLACATL) - 161
Chinese Taipei (Valencia_TW) - 189
Malaysia (Ramunia) - 99

That's a tough group. Not Emerald tough, but damn.

No telling what my OTS is until Friday, but it's at 151 right now with 4 starters and a bunch of scrubs.

tujague is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:09 AM
  #241
kytihu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Yikes. In I.1 handball, is Cataclysm's manager on here?

He spent $2.6M on a 50 OR sporting director with 25 AQ according to my unscouted HR when he already has several other competent looking SDs.
How is that even remotely a good decision? Sorry if he's on here or someone knows him personally. Seemed odd to me.

kytihu is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
  #242
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 500
When 221 OR player scores on a 1444 OR goalie....

suprvilce is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 11:27 AM
  #243
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
Yikes. In I.1 handball, is Cataclysm's manager on here?

He spent $2.6M on a 50 OR sporting director with 25 AQ according to my unscouted HR when he already has several other competent looking SDs.
How is that even remotely a good decision? Sorry if he's on here or someone knows him personally. Seemed odd to me.
Let's assume he has lvl 10 SA. 100 efficiency adds 50% of your SA level. So assume 25% efficiency (2x 50 OR SDs). So that makes his SA perform like lvl 11.25.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 12:13 PM
  #244
kytihu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Let's assume he has lvl 10 SA. 100 efficiency adds 50% of your SA level. So assume 25% efficiency (2x 50 OR SDs). So that makes his SA perform like lvl 11.25.
Interesting POV when you look at the numbers. Thanks for sharing.

But let's break down this specific purchase:

- He's 35 youth training, 15 player training
- He's currently selling an SD with 27 youth training
- So in this scenario, he's gaining 8 youth training points
- So his youth training efficiency gains maybe net 5%?

So how much is 5% worth? Is that worth the opportunity costs? Not sure. And it's not like the SD he's selling will recoup much of the costs, because he'll probably go for <$50k.

And since the quality is so low, this staff guy will be run-of-the-mill by season's end


ETA: Stumbled across him on the latest transfers list. He's 35/15, reflected above instead of my original assumptions.


Last edited by kytihu: 02-14-2014 at 12:47 PM.
kytihu is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
  #245
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Cap is going into panic mode. He switched his system late last season when his SA was not panning out for him to his current system. So he has about 6 to 8 players on his team that he specialized in that are now useless to him. Add in that his SA has underperformed and his position in the league. Over paying 12M on winters from MOJO Well its dire. So he is making a huge gamble. He is short on cash and cannot start SA11. He needs players and is going for the short term gain. I can see 2 camps being run shortly and a hope that SA10 brings in 4 good replacements over the next two weeks. I think it will be another mistake in his list of mistakes he started with last year. He should have kept with his system, not wasted that money on Winters and spent energy at the beginning of the season to push for 7-8th and then he would be in a position now to dictate when he wants to spend the energy to win. His system would have allowed his better players to be sitting with about 92-95 in energy.

We will see some additional panic from him as he wants to remain in the top league.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
  #246
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Heh he just posted this

I finally upgraded my sporting director, though it cost a pretty penny. Luckily the director is still young. My youth training efficiency jumped from 28% to 33-34%. Hopefully this will help with my sports academy difficulties. I did upgrade my sports academy to level 10 within 1-2 weeks of being as fast as possible.

I am also in the process of trying to replace my depth players with bargain younger prospects and older rental players. Hopefully I will be able to make a net profit.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 02:50 PM
  #247
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Cap is going into panic mode.
Who we talkin' 'bout here (Willis)?

canucks357 is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 02:50 PM
  #248
Obryantj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Heh he just posted this

I finally upgraded my sporting director, though it cost a pretty penny. Luckily the director is still young. My youth training efficiency jumped from 28% to 33-34%. Hopefully this will help with my sports academy difficulties. I did upgrade my sports academy to level 10 within 1-2 weeks of being as fast as possible.

I am also in the process of trying to replace my depth players with bargain younger prospects and older rental players. Hopefully I will be able to make a net profit.
I've avoided upgrading my sporting directors so far, primarily due to cost. 2.6M for a 35/15 sporting director would be tempting. Assuming that I can wait 4 days for my SA to upgrade, tomorrow will be my last pull at SA-10. I may try to upgrade while waiting for the upgrade to occur if I can do so without impacting my ability to start SA-12 in 12 days.

Obryantj is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 02:58 PM
  #249
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Who we talkin' 'bout here (Willis)?

http://ppm.powerplaymanager.com/en/m...2352-capsaicin

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 03:28 PM
  #250
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
2.6M for a 35/15 sporting director would be tempting.
I should sell mine if that's what they're going for!

canucks357 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.