HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2014, 05:13 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Congrats on the quick start. I'm just going to ride out the storm until the other teams stop playing H/H or H/VH against me or they run out of energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
I got nothing, really. Hopefully, my new CF can score more goals than his predecessor and keep me from dropping off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Sorry. Haven't been putting much time into it lately. How does it feel?

It feels terrible! The worst thing ever! I'm going to cut myself. Some more. When will it end?!?!?!?!?! Take me home, jesus, take me home
Much better, its great you all got it in before my 3-1 loss to Arlington. Good news is he wasted a little energy playing Low.

Old
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
camrawrn

I have a goalie that I want to sell in hockey who is about 40 days away from becoming a Group 1 UFA. Do you guys think I would make a better profit by selling him now, or wait until after his contract renews? He's 1300 OR, and I have no idea how high the bid will be on him when he becomes a free agent.

Old
02-25-2014, 06:43 PM
suprvilce

I have a 28 year old 1400 OR goalie with 93 days until he is group 1 UFA too. I will be selling mine at the end of this season because i really don't want to find out how high a bid on him would be, i think goalies are too unpredictable. For example, this season i had the highest bid on two free agents with 2000 OR, both times the player was matched but i bid less than 10M for each player, on the other hand i saw players with 1900 OR getting 300M bids, so you never know what's going to happen. I will try to find replacement goalies for my team from free agent market before my goalies become free agents unless i'm 100% sure i want to keep certain goalie and am willing to pay solid cash to keep him (if it's very hard to get a goalie as good).

I did however already buy a backup goalie, though he has 70k daily salary and i'm not liking it very much - worst thing is he will most likely be my backup goalie until his chem gets very high or i decide to sell both of my top goalies.

Old
02-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I just sent out a bunch of challenges for friendlies.
Accepted them all.

Another update on my soccer team. I promise I won't keep this up after each game (even I'd be bored of it by then). Today's game was personally significant. My team hasn't gained any new players since my Sunday game, so I'm still lacking offensively. However, I managed to pull off a 1-0 win against the team that trounced my III.1 league last season. The Long Island Sound finished last season in 1st in III.1, losing 0 games and only allowing 1 goal. 1 GOAL. I'm proud to say I scored that 1 goal, btw. I bumped up my importance to Normal-Normal for this game for a few reasons. 1.) I suffered a couple of unfortunate losses prior to FAs coming in and need to recover in the standings. 2.) The majority of my team hasn't been replaced by better FAs yet. 3.) I wanted to BEAT this team. 4.) He typically plays Normal or higher in soccer and hockey, and true to form he went High-Very High on me.

My FA purchases are progressing. Still looks like I'll be getting that same CF I mentioned earlier in about 25 hours. I now also have a RM and CF that aren't having their offers matched by their respective teams after a couple days. If I land these 3, I only need to get a RD, a CM, and a CF.

Old
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
I have a goalie that I want to sell in hockey who is about 40 days away from becoming a Group 1 UFA. Do you guys think I would make a better profit by selling him now, or wait until after his contract renews? He's 1300 OR, and I have no idea how high the bid will be on him when he becomes a free agent.
He won't go for much as a UFA. If you want to sell him the value will go up after re-signing but I doubt by much. Luck will play a bigger role I reckon.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Got the win today in hockey for GBG to advance to the semi-finals (2vs3). Fought tooth and nail to make the comeback after losing game 1 at home. Might have a shot at facing-off vs Canucks if I can win this round.

50M is crazy money for a 20 year old handball goalie. Looks a bit funny to see the bidding go from 25M to 50M with nothing in between. I've got a few extra G's - when do you think is the best time of the season to put them on the market?

Old
02-25-2014, 09:35 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I have a 28 year old 1400 OR goalie with 93 days until he is group 1 UFA too. I will be selling mine at the end of this season because i really don't want to find out how high a bid on him would be, i think goalies are too unpredictable. For example, this season i had the highest bid on two free agents with 2000 OR, both times the player was matched but i bid less than 10M for each player, on the other hand i saw players with 1900 OR getting 300M bids, so you never know what's going to happen. I will try to find replacement goalies for my team from free agent market before my goalies become free agents unless i'm 100% sure i want to keep certain goalie and am willing to pay solid cash to keep him (if it's very hard to get a goalie as good).

I did however already buy a backup goalie, though he has 70k daily salary and i'm not liking it very much - worst thing is he will most likely be my backup goalie until his chem gets very high or i decide to sell both of my top goalies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
He won't go for much as a UFA. If you want to sell him the value will go up after re-signing but I doubt by much. Luck will play a bigger role I reckon.
I think I'm going to go ahead and sell him now. I'd rather not take the chance of somebody dropping a lot of money in free agency and not getting anything out of it.

I'm about to start a mini-rebuild in hockey. My facilities aren't maxed, but I miss training my own players. Plus having to replace free agents every season is not fun. So I'm going to search for 19-22 year old prospects that are semi-cheap since I'll be demoting to one of the weaker leagues in America.

Old
02-25-2014, 09:52 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Accepted them all.

Another update on my soccer team. I promise I won't keep this up after each game (even I'd be bored of it by then). Today's game was personally significant. My team hasn't gained any new players since my Sunday game, so I'm still lacking offensively. However, I managed to pull off a 1-0 win against the team that trounced my III.1 league last season. The Long Island Sound finished last season in 1st in III.1, losing 0 games and only allowing 1 goal. 1 GOAL. I'm proud to say I scored that 1 goal, btw. I bumped up my importance to Normal-Normal for this game for a few reasons. 1.) I suffered a couple of unfortunate losses prior to FAs coming in and need to recover in the standings. 2.) The majority of my team hasn't been replaced by better FAs yet. 3.) I wanted to BEAT this team. 4.) He typically plays Normal or higher in soccer and hockey, and true to form he went High-Very High on me.

My FA purchases are progressing. Still looks like I'll be getting that same CF I mentioned earlier in about 25 hours. I now also have a RM and CF that aren't having their offers matched by their respective teams after a couple days. If I land these 3, I only need to get a RD, a CM, and a CF.
We are not going anywhere, so bump up energy to compete against those you are close to. Otr is more important than saving energy, just make sure your reserves can beat the computer based teams.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:26 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Might have a shot at facing-off vs Canucks if I can win this round.
I was going to give a smart-ass comment asking how you could win and not play me. Then I realized I could lose.

Quote:
50M is crazy money for a 20 year old handball goalie. Looks a bit funny to see the bidding go from 25M to 50M with nothing in between. I've got a few extra G's - when do you think is the best time of the season to put them on the market?
It is steep. I'm concerned without another bid that the gamemasters will take some money away from me. When that happens who knows how much they'll pull. It is frustrating because say they take 20M away for a 30M sale. Who is to say with a 25M max bid they wouldn't have bidded up to 40? I'm holding out for a bidding war. Someone has to be desperate for a GK. Worst case he stays in Canada which would be nice.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:36 PM
canucks357

Haha, I just put an UFA bid on THIS GUY.

Old
02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
19 or. Is that a mistake

Old
02-26-2014, 12:31 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
19 or. Is that a mistake
Haha, nope! I'm guessing he only ever trained to 600 OR or so and when he hit 0/6 C/L he started dropping OR like crazy. I've heard it is many OR points per day.

Old
02-26-2014, 12:39 AM
canucks357

Tossed 4 guys on the market in hockey, check them out.

All are solid players (18yo C, 18yo D, 16yo C, 15yo G). C/L history and Qs in chat.

Old
02-26-2014, 04:39 AM
suprvilce

Sports academy levels 8, 9 and 10 have not given me a single 70% AvQ player. Worst yet out of all pulls in s2 and s3, only two qualities total were above 80.

Level 11 continues with this trend.

Also i thought scouts(HR) opinions on unscouted players changes on Wednesdays in handball, .... maybe every two weeks? They look the same to me as on Saturday.

Last edited by suprvilce: 02-26-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old
02-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
If that falls through, keep an eye on this guy for when he goes on the market again.

Old
02-26-2014, 08:25 AM
tescosamoa

Ugg fell asleep 10 minutes before a keeper in handball went for 20m. I had 19m. Perhaps for the better. 15 5/6 but with good Q's on the Primary and secondarys.

Today in handball is the battle between the secondary tier teams in I.1 USA .Carm please play VL/VL I actually think the standings right now reflect the groupings of teams. Top 4 and 5-8.

Football I am off to a great start 5-1-1 , spent some energy but I have a plan in place to manage it.

Hockey. Playing in the 5-8 bracket for II.4 I made it into the top 8 on the final day. Mind you I have zero energy now and I lost my top C to injury but finishing top 8 was a very nice surprise. Two triples coming up shortly ( 2500, 2000) Yay

Old
02-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Temm

Quote:
I saw your loss. How are you going to approach the next two serieses? You going to try:
  1. Win at all costs?
  2. Win a certain series to pick an easy team in the P/R round?
  3. Win a certain series to pick an easy league to relegate to?
  4. Save energy to ensure you win the P/R round?
Those options are not mutually exclusive.

Would I like to win at all costs? All cost is too expensive. I don't want to burn my energy to win everything lest I not have enough left in the tank to defeat the opponent in the P/R round. Losing there would be the true insult. In that regard, the 4th option, saving energy for the P/R round, is an adequate answer as well.

I believe that from my scouting there is little threat left from the possible opponents in the P/R round from the three divisions I have the possibility of meeting an opponent from. If there were a chance that I would have to engage a runner-up from III.3, then I would surely relegate, but since the Machine is now managerless, I do not fear having to meet that fate.

So, to sum up your questions separately:

Win at all costs? Within reason.
Win a certain series to pick an easy team in the P/R round? Moot.
Win a certain series to pick an easy league to relegate to? There is no intent to relegate.
Save energy to ensure you win the P/R round? Within reason.

Old
02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temm View Post
Those options are not mutually exclusive.

Would I like to win at all costs? All cost is too expensive. I don't want to burn my energy to win everything lest I not have enough left in the tank to defeat the opponent in the P/R round. Losing there would be the true insult. In that regard, the 4th option, saving energy for the P/R round, is an adequate answer as well.

I believe that from my scouting there is little threat left from the possible opponents in the P/R round from the three divisions I have the possibility of meeting an opponent from. If there were a chance that I would have to engage a runner-up from III.3, then I would surely relegate, but since the Machine is now managerless, I do not fear having to meet that fate.

So, to sum up your questions separately:

Win at all costs? Within reason.
Win a certain series to pick an easy team in the P/R round? Moot.
Win a certain series to pick an easy league to relegate to? There is no intent to relegate.
Save energy to ensure you win the P/R round? Within reason.
Well I wish you luck. I enjoy your II.3 posts about franchise stat totals. Keep the II.3 forum active after I'm gone! (with any luck)

#####

I just posted an 18yo 6/6 Universal CM for sale. Qs in chat (most important ones are all 75+).

Old
02-26-2014, 06:20 PM
tescosamoa

Picked up a goalie for handball. Got my second choice for almost half of my first choice. 11m. Also leaves room for me to grab my third choice. Gotta fix his ratio and he will be my starter next season and possibly the season after. 280 OR 15 year old 6/6 player for 11M. His OR makes him #1 on OG for goalies and 7th overall.

Old
02-26-2014, 06:58 PM
canucks357

My top-2 soccer GKs have identical builds. Here are the numbers in case someone wants to help deduce how much of a bonus EXP gives. Shame chem wasn't the same.

34 IGR
58 chem
17 EXP

39 IGR
98 chem
118 EXP

Old
02-26-2014, 07:09 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Today in handball is the battle between the secondary tier teams in I.1 USA. Carm please play VL/VL I actually think the standings right now reflect the groupings of teams. Top 4 and 5-8.
Forgot to switch tactics at all for our game today, which somehow ended up with me countering you. Sort of. My team has been so bipolar recently, it's ridiculous. I'm getting completely destroyed in Champion's League. Some of those teams are waaaaay too good.

In hockey, I'm 1 win away from winning the Toilet Bowl and securing 17th place. Aren't some of you guys in II.4?

In soccer, I'm in 6th place again. I'm winning the easy games, but losing the close games. Meh. I'm hoping I can work my way up to 3rd this season after I purchase a goalie. If I purchase a goalie. Damn facility costs...

Old
02-26-2014, 08:49 PM
tescosamoa

canuck what is up with the decision made today

Old
02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
In soccer, I'm in 6th place again. I'm winning the easy games, but losing the close games. Meh. I'm hoping I can work my way up to 3rd this season after I purchase a goalie. If I purchase a goalie. Damn facility costs...
How do you need a goalie? I'll already be lucky to score on you when we meet.

EDIT: Canucks, I JUST noticed you are the assistant manager for EVERY level of Canadian national soccer team. Spread the wealth, man.

Last edited by Cory: 02-26-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old
02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
canucks357

Quote:
canuck what is up with the decision made today
The gamemaster said even the initial bid was too much "due to his age". Everyone ignores the fact he was 18 6/6 and is guaranteed another year at that C/L. You get some 15 5/6 now 16 5/6 and you can't say the same yet because they're 16 they can go for more?

The market dictates value. The 50M was likely because someone wants an all-Canadian team. I hate when they jump in and compensate, it is ********. Unless it is an illegal trade or there is something fishy going on, let the market dictate. Otherwise it just perpetually leaves a sour taste in your mouth,

Quote:
EDIT: Canucks, I JUST noticed you are the assistant manager for EVERY level of Canadian national soccer team. Spread the wealth, man.
I was added to the U17 team so I'd have the sweep... I didn't ask for any of the positions!

Old
02-26-2014, 10:22 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
How do you need a goalie? I'll already be lucky to score on you when we meet.
He's my 3rd worst starter in terms of OR, and my backup is a 442 OR at 31 years old. I figure I'll move my current starter to a backup position, then get rid of my current backup.

Plus I'm just a huge fan of goaltenders in every sport.

Closed Thread