HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2014, 06:18 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Canuck can you let me know the next CDN meeting. I will swing by.
Where are you living these days? I'll certainly let you know. Favourite that PPM meeting thread and you'll get an update there should I completely drop the ball

Old
03-06-2014, 10:27 PM
canucks357

Damnit soups! I just finished scouting this guy and you have a bid on him!

Old
03-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

Pascale Gentile is my first good youth pull in soccer. Unscouted (which gives a fair margin of error with my facilities) he has 95 MID, 77 SHO, 85 PAS, 78 TEC, 99 SPE, 87 HEA. In two days I'll have him scouted. He's universal, but unfortunately he's 5/6 CL. Never sold a good player in soccer before. Hoping he can nab some decent cash.

Old
03-07-2014, 09:00 AM
canucks357

*** Big Changes in PPM ***

Read all about it HERE.

Summary:
  1. There are now 3 types of sponsor offers: 1) same as the current system, 2) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus for each win and 3) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus 5x per season based on your team's rankings (provided you've met your stated position)
  2. Draft will start next season in all sports, including hockey
  3. Match imporatance will soon impact the chem and EXP growth of a player
  4. Webpages are now more friendly for touch-screen devices

All exciting new additions! More strategy comes into play now!

Last edited by canucks357: 03-07-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old
03-07-2014, 09:11 AM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Read all about it HERE.

Summary:
  1. There are now 3 types of sponsor offers: 1) same as the current system, 2) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus for each win and 3) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus 4x per season based on your team's rankings (provided you've met your stated position)

Well, there's one way to get me on the game more. THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!

Old
03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
tescosamoa

3 should be interesting on hows its implemented. Especially with how you pick #1. Hopefully the position one is a little realistic like saying finishing 16th for a newly promoted team. Or huge payouts for those rare wins. Something tells me that based on league strength option 2 and 3 will not have much value for most teams. But we will see what they have.

Last edited by tescosamoa: 03-07-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: ..
Old
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Read all about it HERE.

Summary:
  1. There are now 3 types of sponsor offers: 1) same as the current system, 2) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus for each win and 3) one with a smaller weekly payout and a bonus 4x per season based on your team's rankings (provided you've met your stated position)

That all looks very interesting! I'll have to spend a lot more time with my assistant Ginger Morgan going over all the facts and figures.

Old
03-07-2014, 10:36 AM
canucks357

Quote:
3 should be interesting on hows its implemented. Especially with how you pick #1. Hopefully the position one is a little realistic like saying finishing 16th for a newly promoted team. Or huge payouts for those rare wins. Something tells me that based on league strength option 2 and 3 will not have much value for most teams. But we will see what they have.
We will have to see what the baseline:bonus ratio is. I know for me, this past season, 2 and 3 would have been the way to go knowing I'd finish 1st with 32+ wins.

It gets tricky now since I'm predicting a mid-table finish next season.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Hey Jonesey!

Predators Trade David Legwand

Request granted. Next.
Life is good!

Anyways, my pro pack expired. The only real bonus for me this early on is the auto-practice, right?

I'll re-up eventually but I want to wait as long as I can.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
idiroft

YES! After winning game 1 in OT at home and losing a pretty balanced game 2 away, I had ENOUGH!

So I shortened the line-up to three lines, changed the game plan away from that horrible "Breaking up of play" and started playing like a really favorite in the final!

I WON GAME 3!
Final result 1- 0.
PP goal late in the third.
Shots 38 - 16 in my favor.

II.2 here I go

Old
03-07-2014, 11:41 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traded Legwand View Post
Life is good!

Anyways, my pro pack expired. The only real bonus for me this early on is the auto-practice, right?

I'll re-up eventually but I want to wait as long as I can.
There are many more perks but auto-practice is a big one. Keep in mind, with the draft starting next year in hockey, only ProPack owners will be able to pre-rank their players. Without ProPack you will draft based on pre-rankings if you can't be online at draft time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
YES! After winning game 1 in OT at home and losing a pretty balanced game 2 away, I had ENOUGH!

So I shortened the line-up to three lines, changed the game plan away from that horrible "Breaking up of play" and started playing like a really favorite in the final!

I WON GAME 3!
Final result 1- 0.
PP goal late in the third.
Shots 38 - 16 in my favor.

II.2 here I go
Awesome! GREAT JOB! THE FANS GO WILD!!!! Good luck in div2 man! It's a whole nother beast when you promote

Old
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
canucks357

So, I did an experiment and I can prove forwards contribute to defence.

Yesterday (1316 total):
LW1,C1,RW1 with LD1,RD1 - 274 Def, 296 Off, 161 Sho
LW2,C2,RW2 with LD2,RD2 - 305 Def, 174 Off, 106 Sho

Today (1319 total):
LW1,C1,RW1 with LD2,RD2 - 316 Def, 297 Off, 137 Sho
LW2,C2,RW2 with LD1,RD1 - 265 Def, 174 Off, 130 Sho

Comments:
Moving my defensive defencemen from L2 to L1 increased the defence rating of that pair from 305 to 316 due to the better defensive forwards. Surprisingly, moving more offensively minded defencemen away from the lineup actually increased the offensive rating of the lineup the moved from. This only leads me to conclude that a better defensive defenceman adds more to the offensive rating than an offensive defenceman. I'll switch the lineups back to see if it was training that cause the +1 Off bump when switching D. Also, shooting changed but that was expected since we know D contribute to the shooting strength of a line.

Old
03-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Emerald76

Right lads - my hockey team are all for sale!

10k start with a 1 week deadline.

Go for it!

Old
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
camrawrn

Once again, I forget to set my tactics for my game against Cory. Meh. Oh well, good game, you definitely deserve the win.

Old
03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
tescosamoa

I almost took down Corona's with my B team today.... Lost in kicks....

Old
03-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Cory
Hockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Once again, I forget to set my tactics for my game against Cory. Meh. Oh well, good game, you definitely deserve the win.
I did not expect you to make the same mistake twice. My new toy up front wasn't even a factor in the game. I am so happy your stadium is maxed though, it helped pay for my purchase from earlier today and then some. Sorry about the loss man, I really thought that was the end of the line for me in the National Cup. This is uncharted territory for me now...

Old
03-07-2014, 10:48 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I did not expect you to make the same mistake twice. My new toy up front wasn't even a factor in the game. I am so happy your stadium is maxed though, it helped pay for my purchase from earlier today and then some. Sorry about the loss man, I really thought that was the end of the line for me in the National Cup. This is uncharted territory for me now...
It's all good, my soccer team is always an underachiever in the National Cup. It makes up for my overachieving hockey team.

Old
03-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Cory
Hockeytown

After a long period of not being able to improve my soccer team I finally nabbed a few players, all at a bargain. For RD and both CFs, I shelled out under $5 million for the trio. One of the CFs is 25 and has about 30 days left on his contract, so that probably helped keep his price down since he'll be RFA next season. I do still have an unmatched bid for a RFA RD, but I picked Kylemore up yesterday for $500K. He's universal, so if I get the other guy he's a cheap insurance policy off the bench who can play either side. If the other team decides to match, then I'm still set on fullbacks.

I'm pretty excited over the recent additions. Although forward may still be my weakest position, I've now filled both of them and am nearly done with roster improvements. I only need CD, CM, and RM or LM (my current LM is universal, so I have flexibility to grab either side to finish it off).

I've thrown a few players up for sale to make room for the remaining players I need and to cut down on unnecessary salary since my budget is pretty tight. The only one anyone here may be interested in is the previously mentioned Pascale Gentile. He's fully scouted and Qs are listed in his chat.

Soccer has been a completely different experience than hockey for me. In both, I'm working to build up the stadium/arena before making a big facility push. However in hockey I've been able to buy bargain bin players and focus almost entirely on my infrastructure. My team success has been mediocre as they are in the weird position of being too good for III but not good enough for II since I refuse to invest too much in players who could push me higher. Meanwhile, I've been forced to focus on my roster first in soccer to have any hope of decent sponsor offers to build my infrastructure after going from IV to II in two seasons. It's an interesting change of pace.

Old
03-09-2014, 11:45 AM
canucks357

Ouch, two of my starting 11 in soccer are RFAs right now. My long-time captain and NT CB Tyson Borden the one, and my 26yo 4/6 (yes, that's right, 4 years at 6, 5 and now 4 C/L) RM are up. Both ~1600 OR. I hope I have enough funds to keep both of them. No bidding more than 10k my fellow HF Boards friends!

Old
03-09-2014, 11:47 AM
tescosamoa

Ended up seeing a bargain yesterday for handball. A 15 6/6 U 327OR and for 17M So I bid on him thinking someone else would snag him... Nope. I got him. So I now have a shiny new Back who is currently trained as a Defensive Back. So I will have him scouted tomorrow and determine where he will end up training. Right now I will have him slated in to replace my 20 year old 274OR LB. A nice cool 53OR jump for my starting line up. I will play him every game to get the chemistry up for the playoff's. I dropped a 224OR 15 year old. Now I finally have 4 players above 300.

Old
03-09-2014, 12:49 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Ended up seeing a bargain yesterday for handball. A 15 6/6 U 327OR and for 17M So I bid on him thinking someone else would snag him... Nope. I got him. So I now have a shiny new Back who is currently trained as a Defensive Back. So I will have him scouted tomorrow and determine where he will end up training. Right now I will have him slated in to replace my 20 year old 274OR LB. A nice cool 53OR jump for my starting line up. I will play him every game to get the chemistry up for the playoff's. I dropped a 224OR 15 year old. Now I finally have 4 players above 300.
Very nice, it shows me 85% avq! I'll be very curious to see how he turns out scouted

26.5M income this week from tickets alone! And one of those playoff games was played in 15k arena.

Old
03-09-2014, 02:42 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Holy cow! Well done! And I want to thank you for posting about this. After reading it I thought "I'm just waiting for code to finish running on my computer. Why not check to see what is on the market." So I did, and landed this guy for 12.5M! I owe it to you! I think I'll nickname him Karol "tescosamoa" Hulek!

Scouted Qs in chat:
FiP - 50 (73)
Sho - 36 (73)
Blk - 38 (80)
Pas - 34 (75)
Tec - 41 (83)
Spe - 47 (84)
Agr - 40 (70)
OR - 311
AQ - 75
15 6/6 Universal

Last edited by canucks357: 03-09-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old
03-09-2014, 03:41 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Holy cow! Well done! And I want to thank you for posting about this. After reading it I thought "I'm just waiting for code to finish running on my computer. Why not check to see what is on the market." So I did, and landed this guy for 12.5M! I owe it to you! I think I'll nickname him Karol "tescosamoa" Hulek!

Scouted Qs in chat:
FiP - 50 (73)
Sho - 36 (73)
Blk - 38 (80)
Pas - 34 (75)
Tec - 41 (83)
Spe - 47 (84)
Agr - 40 (70)
OR - 311
AQ - 75
15 6/6 Universal
LOL! The same thing went through me and i said to myself why not check what is on the market.. and i saw the very same player Didn't bid since i'm kind of in question marks about what to do with my wings.

My LW has similar Qs and dropped to 5/6 at 16 but he is one of my best players so i'll leave him be for now, and i already bought one RW as a project RW who due to poor season i'm actually giving some playing time.

Old
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
LOL! The same thing went through me and i said to myself why not check what is on the market.. and i saw the very same player Didn't bid since i'm kind of in question marks about what to do with my wings.

My LW has similar Qs and dropped to 5/6 at 16 but he is one of my best players so i'll leave him be for now, and i already bought one RW as a project RW who due to poor season i'm actually giving some playing time.
I'm glad you didn't bid! His Qs favour a wing, sure, but wings do the least in the game. I think I'll make him a back like my other recent purchase. That gives me 3 decent 15yo 6/6 backs, two Us and one R.

Old
03-09-2014, 04:41 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
I'm glad you didn't bid! His Qs favour a wing, sure, but wings do the least in the game. I think I'll make him a back like my other recent purchase. That gives me 3 decent 15yo 6/6 backs, two Us and one R.
I thought so too, but it really depends on the type of team. For example some teams rely heavily on pivots, some others have wings as their best players. I know i said myself some time back that wins aren't really important and that pivots are very important but i'm starting to come around. I think that as teams get more balanced in tearms of good players at all positions wings can be quite good. A team in my country with 6 players over 250, two of them 20 & 21 year olds, plays mostly wings based shooting and is very successful (also plays all games VL). So when thinking about converting players to backs keep in mind that most of the players you'll get from SA aswell most you will find on the market will be backs.

Closed Thread