HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #11 - LIVE Hockey Draft this Saturday!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2014, 01:20 PM
  #926
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Lost 1-0 today in the NC due to a 3rd period PPG. Shots 32-16 for me. I was planning on devising my energy strategy after this game. Guess that is no longer necessary.


canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 01:42 PM
  #927
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
I lost 4-2, so now I no longer have that to worry about and I can start camps as well. 29 year olds need some rest.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:02 PM
  #928
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
You guys lost some games, I might be losing my Helper tag. And maybe my teams, too. Who knows?

EDIT: Now lubosko and Temlis are involved! Two GMS!

Thanks for the advice, canucks


Last edited by tujague: 04-15-2014 at 02:28 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:27 PM
  #929
camrawrn
Registered User
 
camrawrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
You guys lost some games, I might be losing my Helper tag. And maybe my teams, too. Who knows?

Thanks for the advice, canucks
Wait, what now? O_o

camrawrn is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
  #930
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Wait, what now? O_o
I've bought players from teams in the past who were going to lose their teams because they were in debt for 21 days. I was getting ready to do it again, but the player I'd buy would be awful and obviously an over-payment. I asked canucks what the policy was for this. He said ask a GM. I did. Like an idiot. Now they're questioning me, my transfers, talking about doing something to the teams I helped, removing my Helper tag, and whatever else.

I asked lubosko, he said he'd talk to vlady, then sent Temlis to talk to me. That's a pretty damn good day.

maybe I shouldn't be posting this?

tujague is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:58 PM
  #931
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I've bought players from teams in the past who were going to lose their teams because they were in debt for 21 days. I was getting ready to do it again, but the player I'd buy would be awful and obviously an over-payment. I asked canucks what the policy was for this. He said ask a GM. I did. Like an idiot. Now they're questioning me, my transfers, talking about doing something to the teams I helped, removing my Helper tag, and whatever else.

I asked lubosko, he said he'd talk to vlady, then sent Temlis to talk to me. That's a pretty damn good day.

maybe I shouldn't be posting this?
HF Boards isn't PPM jurisdiction. As I said in a PPM message to you, let me know if they do something radical. I have your back. You were give a few teams an out from bankruptcy and one of them has had a ProPack for 7 years. Besides, if they're going to go back and look at the transfers the bigger issue is why weren't they caught the first time? I mean, if they didn't catch them then perhaps the bids weren't that outrageous.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 03:21 PM
  #932
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
B4e...

I will edit this post once I have your feedback. How do I speed up time on this source code? I changed the "MatchTime" to 3600 but the formatting looks like crap and the score isn't visible.

Code:
       
          var match_end = 3600; 
          MatchTime = -3302;
          MatchLive = 1;               
          
          DoMatch();

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 03:25 PM
  #933
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
HF Boards isn't PPM jurisdiction. As I said in a PPM message to you, let me know if they do something radical. I have your back. You were give a few teams an out from bankruptcy and one of them has had a ProPack for 7 years. Besides, if they're going to go back and look at the transfers the bigger issue is why weren't they caught the first time? I mean, if they didn't catch them then perhaps the bids weren't that outrageous.
I'll post these here so everyone knows what's going on. In addition to scheduling friendlies with these guys (and getting other managers to do the same -redcard & Leggmann among others), I also bought one player for 5M when he was 15yo. Two months later, after his finances were in order, the guy I helped asked to buy him back. I put him on the market for 1M, but he bid 5M anyway.

The other player I helped only needed me to buy two players. Each cost 1M. I fired them a few days later because they were truly awful.

I think the Iraqi who started all of this will lose his team without further help.

The American who just asked for help this morning might be in trouble as well. He only has 10 days left, but I don't know his finances yet.

-----
I think everything is okay now. After I explained everything, and I volunteered all info (with links), I think they realize that I was only doing enough to help them save their teams. It wasn't like I was giving these guys 10s of millions of dollars. On top of that, the guys I've helped have been ProPackers since I saved them.

Also, I think this last guy being an Iraqi probably helped as well. If they were all from the US, they might have made a bit of a stink. Like I was helping friends or something. But the fact that I was willing to do the same thing to help a foreigner (more actually, he never could have paid me back the 5M I was willing to spend) had to be a mark in my favor.


Last edited by tujague: 04-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
  #934
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
The American who just asked for help this morning might be in trouble as well. He only has 10 days left, but I don't know his finances yet.
I've asked them to put restrictions on staff for new managers. Also, that one manager should walk away from his team... starting from scratch, given he's demolished everything, is a WAY better option for the long-term success of his franchise.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 04:04 PM
  #935
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I've asked them to put restrictions on staff for new managers. Also, that one manager should walk away from his team... starting from scratch, given he's demolished everything, is a WAY better option for the long-term success of his franchise.
I agree, but he's only 13 years old and really attached to his team for some reason. I can't understand all of his translated comments, but I feel like he's on the verge of tears when he talks about saving his team, his players and his 24 experience.

tujague is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
  #936
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Could be a 13 year old with Autism or something. Well I am glad it was worked out.

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
  #937
kytihu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Bulls - As a coincidental return of the favor from earlier in the season, I'll be in camp for our 3rd place series. You can win the bronze in a walk.

kytihu is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
  #938
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
Bulls - As a coincidental return of the favor from earlier in the season, I'll be in camp for our 3rd place series. You can win the bronze in a walk.
COLLUSION!!!!

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
  #939
fakezomg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Tujague, they should look into your match-fixing as well. Three red cards for my team in our game today, and at my stadium even?!? Something ain't right there...

fakezomg is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
  #940
camrawrn
Registered User
 
camrawrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I've bought players from teams in the past who were going to lose their teams because they were in debt for 21 days. I was getting ready to do it again, but the player I'd buy would be awful and obviously an over-payment. I asked canucks what the policy was for this. He said ask a GM. I did. Like an idiot. Now they're questioning me, my transfers, talking about doing something to the teams I helped, removing my Helper tag, and whatever else.

I asked lubosko, he said he'd talk to vlady, then sent Temlis to talk to me. That's a pretty damn good day.

maybe I shouldn't be posting this?
Well that's silly. Though there is a bit of humor in them (possibly) taking away your helper tag for helping teams stay alive...

I'm with Canucks. If they do something radical, I got your back. Not that I'm important at all. But we could go start our own league! With blackjack and hookers!

camrawrn is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:34 PM
  #941
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
I'm with Canucks. If they do something radical, I got your back. Not that I'm important at all. But we could go start our own league! With blackjack and hookers!
Now we're talking!!! Oh the myriad of ideas I'd have for a sports sim game of our own...

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 09:16 PM
  #942
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Well that's silly. Though there is a bit of humor in them (possibly) taking away your helper tag for helping teams stay alive...

I'm with Canucks. If they do something radical, I got your back. Not that I'm important at all. But we could go start our own league! With blackjack and hookers!
Children its Hookers and blow....

tescosamoa is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 10:28 PM
  #943
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Children its Hookers and blow....
The staples of life. Hookers and blow that is. Not children. That'd just be wrong.

canucks357 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
  #944
camrawrn
Registered User
 
camrawrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
The staples of life. Hookers and blow that is. Not children. That'd just be wrong.
We won't judge.

camrawrn is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 11:25 PM
  #945
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
Tujague, they should look into your match-fixing as well. Three red cards for my team in our game today, and at my stadium even?!? Something ain't right there...
He has to beat you. That way he can crap the bed against me like he normally does, you can crush me like you normally do, and all will be right with the world.

redcard is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 01:42 AM
  #946
Bulls4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
NICE

I love trophies

but still does not mean im going to win the series. I remember season 1 team USA lost his 1st and 2nd goalie for the finals and still managed to beat me.


BTW, why did you do this before a match against Mojo when you had a great shot at making the finals?

If Tubbs sells for more than 70M I will very likely buy 2 NT quality players and put facilities/arena on hold. At 70M, so far, Id have 200M to play with at start of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
Bulls - As a coincidental return of the favor from earlier in the season, I'll be in camp for our 3rd place series. You can win the bronze in a walk.


Last edited by Bulls4ever: 04-16-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Bulls4ever is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 01:47 AM
  #947
Bulls4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
put in some salary restrictions. something that would not allow then to hire more than 40% of their income or so.

do this till the manager reaches 51 days


the biggest issue is that after the manager makes the mistake he cant even try to sell the staff as he has to wait for 50 days. it is almost 2 months of struggles!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I've asked them to put restrictions on staff for new managers. Also, that one manager should walk away from his team... starting from scratch, given he's demolished everything, is a WAY better option for the long-term success of his franchise.

Bulls4ever is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 01:50 AM
  #948
Bulls4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
i dont change the Matchtime

between MatchLive and DoMatch ADD the following

SimulateMatch(10); ShowTime();


10 = seconds. you can go at as many as the match_end shows.
you wont be able to fast forward. if you want to do so, just change the value on SimulateMatch save and refresh.

and u need to wait till the page shows the goalies before editing the source code

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
B4e...

I will edit this post once I have your feedback. How do I speed up time on this source code? I changed the "MatchTime" to 3600 but the formatting looks like crap and the score isn't visible.

Code:
       
          var match_end = 3600; 
          MatchTime = -3302;
          MatchLive = 1;               
          
          DoMatch();


Last edited by Bulls4ever: 04-16-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Bulls4ever is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 06:58 AM
  #949
Cory
Hockeytown
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4ever View Post
put in some salary restrictions. something that would not allow then to hire more than 40% of their income or so.

do this till the manager reaches 51 days


the biggest issue is that after the manager makes the mistake he cant even try to sell the staff as he has to wait for 50 days. it is almost 2 months of struggles!!!!!
I actually ran into this very problem when I started. They had no restrictions on buying staff and no warning about how high the salary would be comparative to my income. I had to take out a loan to be able to afford to fire the 2 staff members. I recovered, but that was a waste of nearly $7 million while I was developing. I know other managers who did the same thing too. They definitely need to restrict the purchase of staff members for awhile when you're starting.

On another note, would it appear completely self-serving if I switched the US NT arena from the vacant Vectordome (home of the Irresistible Force) to my arena that will be 100% complete on Saturday? Seriously, I think our boys are sick of cleaning the cobwebs off of things they leave in the locker room during the week.


Last edited by Cory: 04-16-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: it snowed yesterday. yay
Cory is offline  
Old
04-16-2014, 08:25 AM
  #950
tescosamoa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
200M very nice. I can see you looking at NT player level as next year I see you fighting it out for a playoff spot now with Tubbs gone and your current team.

I will have 25M to play with at the start of the season. Already have it spent... well I have the next 3 seasons already mapped out. I am sticking with the team I have now and what ever the SA/Draft brings.

Out of the teams coming up I think Megees should beat Baltic and then baltic loses to Hanover. Hanover should be top 5 team next season. I would rather have Baltic than Hanover in I.1.

Okra/San Crispino will struggle in I.1 and the loser should lose to repairman if the energy is not too bad.

Beer and Badel should both come up as well and struggle.

So I figure I will be back fighting it out for 8th spot again which is not good for me. Either way next year with the energy levels will make for a very interesting season as a good losing streak on N/N to N/H will make for some desperate times.

I think the top 6 will be Mojo, Megees, Hanover, Salt Lake, Covington and Erratic. The rest of us will battle it out for the last two 2 spots. Mind you the difference between the 6-14 spot is not that great. So barring a major collapse or some very good early season market moves its going to be a royal slugfest.


Last edited by tescosamoa: 04-16-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: ..
tescosamoa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.