HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forget Ziggy, how bout a trade for Zetterberg/Datsyuk?

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 05:34 PM
santiclaws

vCash: 500
Forget Ziggy, how bout a trade for Zetterberg/Datsyuk?

Two great, young players. Detroit is extremely unlikely to be able to keep both, since according to the Detroit Free Press, the Wings have about $10 million left to sign Datsyuk, Zetterberg, defenseman Niklas Kronwall, a goaltender, another defenseman and a few third and fourth liners. Datsyuk is asking for $4M, Zetterberg for $2.5M. It would likely take a good young prospect or two, or a prospect and a pick to wrestle one of these guys (most likely Datsyuk because of his asking price) from Detroit.

Say Brown and Cammy or Brown/Cammy and a pick? No question Detroit is hearing some good deals being offered for one of those two guys, so they wouldn't come cheap. But, both are young and very talented. Datsyuk at $4M versus Ziggy at $4.5 or so? Hmmm.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws
Two great, young players. Detroit is extremely unlikely to be able to keep both, since according to the Detroit Free Press, the Wings have about $10 million left to sign Datsyuk, Zetterberg, defenseman Niklas Kronwall, a goaltender, another defenseman and a few third and fourth liners. Datsyuk is asking for $4M, Zetterberg for $2.5M. It would likely take a good young prospect or two, or a prospect and a pick to wrestle one of these guys (most likely Datsyuk because of his asking price) from Detroit.

Say Brown and Cammy or Brown/Cammy and a pick? No question Detroit is hearing some good deals being offered for one of those two guys, so they wouldn't come cheap. But, both are young and very talented. Datsyuk at $4M versus Ziggy at $4.5 or so? Hmmm.
I would say lay off the drugs.

In my opinion Brown will be a better player than either of those players in a couple of years. Don't forget Datsyuk's numbers were artificially inflated by playing with Brett Hull.

Old
08-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:

Good idea, but I'm afraid it's just fantasy hockey.
Those 2 players are the future of the Wings, I can't believe they re-signed SteveY & Schneider just to find themselves back against the wall, being forced to trade their best 2 young assets. This said, Detroit will ask for players to win now, not Cammy & Brown.

My 0.2

Old
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Good idea, but I'm afraid it's just fantasy hockey.
Those 2 players are the future of the Wings, I can't believe they re-signed SteveY & Schneider just to find themselves back against the wall, being forced to trade their best 2 young assets. This said, Detroit will ask for players to win now, not Cammy & Brown.

My 0.2
Hey it may look like I am picking on you Albi but isn't it......

Old
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Hey it may look like I am picking on you Albi but isn't it......

Old
08-05-2005, 05:50 PM
santiclaws

Quote:

In my opinion Brown will be a better player than either of those players in a couple of years. Don't forget Datsyuk's numbers were artificially inflated by playing with Brett Hull.
I should lay off drugs? I love Brown and think he will be a pretty good player, but I just don't see him putting up anywhere near the numbers those two natural scorers will put up when they reach their peak. And Brett Hull is long past being able to "artificially inflate" anyone's numbers. If anyone inflated anyone's numbers, Datsyuk inflated his.

Quote:
Good idea, but I'm afraid it's just fantasy hockey. Those 2 players are the future of the Wings, I can't believe they re-signed SteveY & Schneider just to find themselves back against the wall, being forced to trade their best 2 young assets.
Well, yes, it is fantasy hockey. However, I don't think they'll trade both, but I'm not sure how they'll be able to fill all their needs without trading one of them. Plus, there's a heavy rumor that Datsyuk is seriously considering staying in Russia. Given a choice between receiving a couple of good young players and losing Datsyuk for nothing...

Old
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I should lay off drugs? I love Brown and think he will be a pretty good player, but I just don't see him putting up anywhere near the numbers those two natural scorers will put up when they reach their peak. And Brett Hull is long past being able to "artificially inflate" anyone's numbers. If anyone inflated anyone's numbers, Datsyuk inflated his.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then. Because when I believe Brown has alot more potential then either of those players. At 27 Datsyuk has had one 30 goal season and at 24 Zetterberg has had one 22 goal season. I believe Brown will be a 30+ goal scorer before he is 24.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:09 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then. Because when I believe Brown has alot more potential then either of those players. At 27 Datsyuk has had one 30 goal season and at 24 Zetterberg has had one 22 goal season. I believe Brown will be a 30+ goal scorer before he is 24.
I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:21 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

either way, datsyuk is not goin to come cheap, regardless of his salary. and complying w/ dt's philosophy, we're not goin to lose young guys (a prerequisite for a trade) for anybody, even datsyuk. i would love to pick him up though, boy does he have a pair of hands.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
either way, datsyuk is not goin to come cheap, regardless of his salary. and complying w/ dt's philosophy, we're not goin to lose young guys (a prerequisite for a trade) for anybody, even datsyuk. i would love to pick him up though, boy does he have a pair of hands.
I would definitely pick either of these guys as long as I didn't have to sacrifice young talent to get them. That is probably unrealistic. But if Detroit really gets in a cap bind they may make a bad decision that benefits another team. Who knows?

Old
08-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd pass.

A 28 and a 24 year old, or a 20 and a 22 year old?

I'd rather take my chances and see what the younger couple can do in the next few years.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:08 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:

woa! hold on there spongebob...datsuk is highly skilled man...his points aren't inflated by hull...he can hold his own no matter where he goes and be one of the best players.

08-05-2005, 07:09 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
cammy and a pick (2nd?) would be well worth the 24 y.o. datsuk imo...

Old
08-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
No way in h*** do the Kings deal Brown, or Cammi for that matter. Especially with the new rules kicking in this year, they will definately want to see what these 2 can do in the NHL.

Closed Thread