HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Darcy call Tampa now

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Darcy call Tampa now

Im sold on TB being the perfect trading partner for the Sabres. Tampa NEEDS a goaltender. desperately. Biron would fit perfectly with there mature yet still young nucleus. TB also needs depth at RW. enter Kotalik. and alas TB is deep on the blueline. They have Sarich, Kubina, Boyle, and Sydor. any one of them would immediately pair on our top line with Kalinin. They have Pratt and Lukowich, as well as youth knocking on the door in Egener. If we can make a package out of Biron, Kotalik, and Jillson for any of there top 4 We'd be set to go into the next season IMO. If we could pry Kubina (adding Stafford might make it happen) I do a cartwheels.

I posted on the TB board inquiring on this same topic. hoping to get some responses.

thoughts?

Old
08-05-2005, 06:11 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Would be nice to get Sarich back in the fold.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
..or bring Boyle in.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
SakicTheGreat*

Quote:

Yuck, no thanks.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreAv19
Yuck, no thanks.
yea he only developed better and faster than anyone on the sabres blueline over the last 4 years. save maybe kalinin.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:18 PM
clawdad

You won't get Sarich. Too young, too cheap, too good. Besides, he's about to hit his prime. Sydor gets reasonable money, provides veteran leadership, and seems to attract cup rings. Boyle can probably still be signed reasonably and may be a star offensive player under the new rules. Kubina, may be possible only because he's in line for alot of money next year if he produces this year. Kubina, Sarich and Richards all have to be re-signed next year and Kubina may be UFA eligible.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawdad
You won't get Sarich. Too young, too cheap, too good. Besides, he's about to hit his prime. Sydor gets reasonable money, provides veteran leadership, and seems to attract cup rings. Boyle can probably still be signed reasonably and may be a star offensive player under the new rules. Kubina, may be possible only because he's in line for alot of money next year if he produces this year. Kubina, Sarich and Richards all have to be re-signed next year and Kubina may be UFA eligible.
Boyle might be possible. i think his QO is around 2.1 if im not mistaken. Looks to me like TB might need to shed some contracts if they want to add a goalie and a winger. Biron + Kotalik for Boyle. TB adds a goalie and winger and only adds Kotaliks contract since Boyle and Biron is pretty much a wash.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Any one of the defensemen mentioned would certainly help us. At the same time, Tampa isn't going to be eager to part with any of them.

Biron + forward might get us one, but Sarich is probably untouchable in such a deal.

I'm sure Darcy will see what the dilly is ASSUMING the organization is open to trading Biron. For all we know they're still stuck on him, though I sincerely hope not.

I agree that from our perspective, Kotalik is the man to move. He is clearly the odd forward out as he is in Ruff's doghouse and IMO has less to offer (considering both now and potential) than all of our other forwards. He is cheap and has a damn fine shot, so that could make him attractive.

We have to consider that Thibault is open game now, also.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:03 PM
jpb

I think Tampa could use a good goalie. I don't think they'll consider Biron an upgrade over Grahame, and doubt that the Bolts will want to pay $2.1 million for a backup. If a goalie gets traded to Tampa by us, it's Noronen. I think if forced to choose between Miller and Noronen, Mika goes, and trading either one of those two at this point is a mistake.

Biron to Phoenix or LA Kings makes more sense.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Rowley Birkin

Yeah, I don't see TB as a great trading partner. We will never get Kubina, Sarich is not good enough for 1st pairing yet imo. Boyle could be a good fit, but i'm not sure.

I think our best trading partners are Calgary {despite having Kipper, they have an abundance of good D}, Phoenix as said, and Nashville {despite having Vokoun}

I have said this in another topic but i'll say it again here. How about going after Wade Redden in Ottawa. They will be struggling for sure with cap space, having to sign so many quality players. Redden is FA next year, therefore his value is quite low, and Ottawa still has Chara also needing to be signed, and Volchenkov, Phillips, etc. in their team so he is not their top priority. I don't see Redden as the perfect player, but in this situation he is a good fit for us.

How about a deal of Drury, Biron + ? for Redden and Fisher? Not sure what it would take for Ottawa to bite, but i see a good deal to be worked out here.

Old
08-05-2005, 08:58 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

LA could use some right wingers. Palffy and Carter probably won't be back.

The last I read about Grebeshkov, some Kings fans weren't as high on him as previously.

Maybe Biron and Kotalik for Grebeshkov, pick?

Old
08-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
LA could use some right wingers. Palffy and Carter probably won't be back.

The last I read about Grebeshkov, some Kings fans weren't as high on him as previously.

Maybe Biron and Kotalik for Grebeshkov, pick?
Biron and Pyatt/Connolly/Grier/Stafford/Pominville/whatever. I really think we should hold onto Ales.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Why is everyone down on Kotalik? He's virtually a lock for 20-30 goals this year, and is one of our most versatile forwards. Not to mention he has the best shot on the team, and one of the quickest releases in the entire league (remember when he beat Brodeur with a wrist shot... from the blue line?)

Sure he had some problems last season (which was 2 years ago) and tore up the Czech league last year. He should be a part of the core of this team.

As for dealing with Tampa, they definitely seem to be in need of a goaltender. They might be more interested in Noronen, though. Grahame as proved to be a solid netminder for them, and they could give him a shot to start.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Erack82

Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre
As for dealing with Tampa, they definitely seem to be in need of a goaltender. They might be more interested in Noronen, though. Grahame as proved to be a solid netminder for them, and they could give him a shot to start.
Grahame will not be handed the #1 job, as it almost seems like the Lightning might be in a similar situation as when we had Cloutier and Weekes battling it out for the #1 spot. I really like Biron and Noronen both ALOT. Noronen had a stellar year in Finland which really catches my eye. He is big, young, and could come at a cheaper price than Biron. I really can't see the Lightning trade away Kubina, Sarich, or Boyle, though I know you have to give up something to get something. Would Buffalo be interested in Sydor?

Possible players of interest:
Darryl Sydor (2.1 million) Top-2 dman
Shane Willis (500-700k) Possible 3rd liner scorer
Afanasenkov (?) Could be dangerous with Afinogenov...think of the marketing possibilities.

Mika Noronen (665k) Big Finnish...and cheap.
Jeff Jillson (1 million) Big defensemen who could step up right away.
Martin Biron (2-3 million) Solid #1 for about 1/3 the price of Khabibulin.

Would Darryl Sydor be enough to fetch Noronen and Jillson? Sydor and Affy? Any ideas?

Sydor can step in as your top 2 right away while freeing up some money to sign St. Louis and Lecavalier while getting a solid goalie. Noronen could be a possible mentor for Ramo down the road if he makes it. Jillson is big (a must for Feaster).

Thoughts?

Old
08-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Erack82

From a Red Wings how about:

Jiri Fischer and Jiri Hudler
for
Jeff Jillson and Martin Biron

Hudler + Kotalik?

Thoughts? Meh I don't know.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:23 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
Im sold on TB being the perfect trading partner for the Sabres. Tampa NEEDS a goaltender. desperately. Biron would fit perfectly with there mature yet still young nucleus. TB also needs depth at RW. enter Kotalik. and alas TB is deep on the blueline. They have Sarich, Kubina, Boyle, and Sydor. any one of them would immediately pair on our top line with Kalinin. They have Pratt and Lukowich, as well as youth knocking on the door in Egener. If we can make a package out of Biron, Kotalik, and Jillson for any of there top 4 We'd be set to go into the next season IMO. If we could pry Kubina (adding Stafford might make it happen) I do a cartwheels.

I posted on the TB board inquiring on this same topic. hoping to get some responses.

thoughts?
He's a UFA no need to lose anyone for him.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:28 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erack82
From a Red Wings how about:

Jiri Fischer and Jiri Hudler
for
Jeff Jillson and Martin Biron

Hudler + Kotalik?

Thoughts? Meh I don't know.
I would throw rose petals and kiss the ground that Darcy walks on if he could pull off that deal. Fischer and Hudler are both extremely exciting players with a ton of potential, and I would do that trade in a second.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre
Why is everyone down on Kotalik? He's virtually a lock for 20-30 goals this year, and is one of our most versatile forwards. Not to mention he has the best shot on the team, and one of the quickest releases in the entire league (remember when he beat Brodeur with a wrist shot... from the blue line?)

Sure he had some problems last season (which was 2 years ago) and tore up the Czech league last year. He should be a part of the core of this team.

How a guy who scored 20 goals once is a lock for 20-30 is beyond me. His shot is good. but when talking about him it's the only thing one can referance as good and thus is overrated. wow he beat brodeur with a wrist shot.... he is obviously, wihtout the shadow of a doubt, the odd mand out as far as wingers go in Buffalo. If he isnt playing on a top line he;s worthless. Dumont, Hecht, Max, Vanek.... enough said.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
I would throw rose petals and kiss the ground that Darcy walks on if he could pull off that deal. Fischer and Hudler are both extremely exciting players with a ton of potential, and I would do that trade in a second.
me too. i would have tattooed Darcy on my head if he landed Fishcer in any way.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin
Yeah, I don't see TB as a great trading partner. We will never get Kubina, Sarich is not good enough for 1st pairing yet imo. Boyle could be a good fit, but i'm not sure.

I think our best trading partners are Calgary {despite having Kipper, they have an abundance of good D}, Phoenix as said, and Nashville {despite having Vokoun}

I have said this in another topic but i'll say it again here. How about going after Wade Redden in Ottawa. They will be struggling for sure with cap space, having to sign so many quality players. Redden is FA next year, therefore his value is quite low, and Ottawa still has Chara also needing to be signed, and Volchenkov, Phillips, etc. in their team so he is not their top priority. I don't see Redden as the perfect player, but in this situation he is a good fit for us.

How about a deal of Drury, Biron + ? for Redden and Fisher? Not sure what it would take for Ottawa to bite, but i see a good deal to be worked out here.
Calgary isnt a good partner. they have no interest in a goalie of ours. no matter what you say, I would never trade Pyatt for Lydman.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Erack82

Holland wouldn't go for losing Fischer and I think I am in the proccess of being shot for mentioning him. But Fischer frustrates the hell out of me, same goes for Hudler too. Seeing as he is the only big physical defensemen on the roster I know it won't happen. I think Tallinder would have to come too somehow. Everyone knows the Red Wings are in love with Sweden. A match made in heaven (minus Tallinder's ordeal).

Old
08-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Jame
Dream '16

[QUOTE=eSabre]Why is everyone down on Kotalik? He's virtually a lock for 20-30 goals this year, and is one of our most versatile forwards. Not to mention he has the best shot on the team, and one of the quickest releases in the entire league (remember when he beat Brodeur with a wrist shot... from the blue line?)[eSabre]

Sure he had some problems last season (which was 2 years ago) and tore up the Czech league last year. He should be a part of the core of this team.QUOTE]

"One of our most veratile forwards" ???? are you nuts. the only versatile forwards i see on buffalo are Drury and Hecht, with mention to Briere and Roy. other than that players have roles to fill. and the onyl role Kotalik can fill is scoring goals. and he can barely do that. Kotalik doesnt backcheck. he doesnt work for the puck in the corners. he doesnt lay the body. he doesnt score the big goals. basically he scores some goals and doesnt even do that well. Pyatt is more valuable to the team 8 times out of 10. he;s a better skater. he works better in the corners in both zones. He's defesnively sound. he's bigger. He can play the PK. he's got more potential to be a regular contributor to an NHl team.

Kotalik is the upper eschelon of fringe NHLers

Old
08-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erack82
Holland wouldn't go for losing Fischer and I think I am in the proccess of being shot for mentioning him. But Fischer frustrates the hell out of me, same goes for Hudler too. Seeing as he is the only big physical defensemen on the roster I know it won't happen. I think Tallinder would have to come too somehow. Everyone knows the Red Wings are in love with Sweden. A match made in heaven (minus Tallinder's ordeal).
whatever you want. we'll take Fischer and Hudler. Biron, Kotalik, Talllinder....sounds good to me. magic fax machine

Old
08-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame

Kotalik is the upper eschelon of fringe NHLers
I wouldn't call him fringe, but his career may not be all that long.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:18 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Kubina or Boyle would look great in a Sabres uniform...

Closed Thread