HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thread about Nothing Part 195: Baby it's cold outside.

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Lous Special Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Earth Day really upsets me.

It is a representation of all that is wrong with the so called "environmental movement" There are real stewards and conservationist of our natural resources that have been swept aside for a political stance that literally has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with funding.

It is sad to see people who have actual done good works and have accomplished great things, meaningful things and tangible things pushed out of the way for loudmouths with a bullhorn.

I guess it is a microcosm of everything that those filthy, dirty, greased hands of politics touches?
In my experience of life most people seem to only "care" about nature when they're witnessing how great it is, ie if they take a certain vacation to a nature spot or at the zoo or see a cool nature photo online that all their friends like. But they don't give a sh** enough not to litter on the ride home from that trip etc.

Old
04-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Today is Earth day.
Walk or bike instead of drive.
Don't light up for a day-in fact quit anyway.
Don't eat meat today.
Recycle, don't be lazy.

Have a nice day
Man I already broke all of these other than not lighting up. I don't smoke anyway though.

Old
04-22-2014, 09:36 PM
dismantlingsummer
No closer to heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I'm about to be an alum at Pace.

Marketing major so I'm in Lubin. Any questions feel free to ask.
That's actually what I'm majoring in as well. If I think of any questions, I'll PM you. Thanks.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:40 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post

Why is it suggested we don't eat meat today?
Because if people actually believe in the Global Warming science, (rather than just blinding accepting something they know virtually nothing about) meat consumption is approximately the worst thing you can do for the planet (again, that's IF you believe this stuff). That's per the UN IPCC science, who are the Lord & Masters of Global Warming research, claims, and solutions.

So why do you (and virtually nobody) not know the above, and if meat consumption is even worse than driving SUVs or using coal, then why is virtually all the focus on oil, coal, SUVs, and alternative energy? Simple. Because politicians cant rake in ****loads of money if you don't eat a rib-eye tonight. Hypocrisy. Fraud. Rinse/repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Earth Day really upsets me.

It is a representation of all that is wrong with the so called "environmental movement" There are real stewards and conservationist of our natural resources that have been swept aside for a political stance that literally has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with funding.

It is sad to see people who have actual done good works and have accomplished great things, meaningful things and tangible things pushed out of the way for loudmouths with a bullhorn.

I guess it is a microcosm of everything that those filthy, dirty, greased hands of politics touches?
Bizarre Earth Day Factoid?

The founder of Earth Day murdered his girlfriend, had her composted, and then claimed the CIA did it (yes really).

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/n...ed-girlfriend/

Old
04-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Lous Special Sauce

F that,, I'm going to eat so much steak this week it's going to be ridiculious

(I'd like to add that I'm not disagreeing with you)

Old
04-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Cowbell232

So I'm getting tired of using and buying expensive stupid razor blade cartridges.

Anyone use an electric razor? What kind, likes/dislikes?

04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

I do but only after an actual shave...and they're all pretty much the same. but if you want crappy razors for cheap, there's that dollar shave club thing. if you hate your face

Old
04-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Richer's Ghost
This guy can coach

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So I'm getting tired of using and buying expensive stupid razor blade cartridges.

Tried a few over the past 2 decades. Never liked them enough to stop using blades. Something about the angled cut of a razor led to less problems than the flat cut of electric. Not as close, still get irritation, etc.

Panasonic had the best battery life from my experience. Last one lasted like 10 years and could go a week without recharging.

Braun sucked. Needed recharged almost every day and foils would micro-crack and cut up your face but you wouldn't know it until after you got out of the shower and saw all the lines leaving you looking like you just got mauled by a mountain lion.

If you go for it - get an expensive one, not a cheapo one.

Old
04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Lous Special Sauce

Quote:

Blades are the way to go,, in my experience electric razors suck (except for how easy they are, just flipping a switch is as easy as it gets) but the result is crappy

Its not the use that wears blades down fast, it's the water.. After everytime you use the blade dry it thoroughly, that should help make them last longer

Old
04-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Tried a few over the past 2 decades. Never liked them enough to stop using blades. Something about the angled cut of a razor led to less problems than the flat cut of electric. Not as close, still get irritation, etc.

Panasonic had the best battery life from my experience. Last one lasted like 10 years and could go a week without recharging.

Braun sucked. Needed recharged almost every day and foils would micro-crack and cut up your face but you wouldn't know it until after you got out of the shower and saw all the lines leaving you looking like you just got mauled by a mountain lion.

If you go for it - get an expensive one, not a cheapo one.
Been using a electric razor for about 10 years now, very happy with it. Like RG said, not as a close shave as a manual, but it gets pretty damn close.

I use a Braun series 3 which is a fairly cheap one, but I shave maybe once or twice a week and barely grow whiskers so I didn't want to break the bank. It does the job nice, but the battery sort of sucks and I probably should change the foil cartridge (definitely has been more than 18 months, which they recommend you change it), so it irritates my skin a little.

Anyway, like RG said, if you do go for it, go for a quality, expensive one.

Old
04-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Bleedred
#freeauvitu

I use an electric norelco. I only use an electric because I have to shave so much. I will use a regular razor if I've went a while without shaing though. The electric hurts when it's too long.

Old
04-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Devils Dominion
DraftPicks 4 Castron

Just had a tasty black and white cookie from a bakery off Route 46 in Morris County.
Made my day.

Old
04-23-2014, 04:29 PM
EliasFTW

I straight razor it. Makes you appreciate a smooth face when you have to Dry, strop and oil the razor acter each use.

Old
04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
tr83
FIGHT!

Quote:

While I don't use an electric, I shave my head and face twice a week with the Target brand disposable 3 bladed flex head razor (about $6/8). I shave in the shower so that the hair is nice and pliable and lather it up with regular bar soap. Each razor lasts about 6-8 shaves only if you bother to dry it afterwards to prevent blade dulling.

Old
04-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:

Electric works well if you shave consistently. Not as close as a razor, but it's not a significant difference. If I go a few days without shaving I have to use a razor because longer hair gets caught in the electric shaver and it hurts like a *****.

Old
04-23-2014, 06:51 PM
njdevils1982
Hell Toupée!!!

havent shaved in 10 years….just hair clippers at 1/4" when i feel like it…….also have let my hair grow since early '09….will donate it eventually to a kids charity ala parros and hartnell.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:13 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Just had a tasty black and white cookie from a bakery off Route 46 in Morris County.
Made my day.
look to the cookie, DD.

on another note, I ****ing hate this fat ****

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=politics

Old
04-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Cowbell232

Thanks for all the opinions.

Still on the fence about the whole thing. Definitely think I'd shave more often if it was easier, which makes the electric sound more appealing across the board except that if I don't like it I just dumped $100-200 out the window.

Old
04-24-2014, 08:32 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Agree with RG that Braun stinks, disagree with him and most others that electric is "not even close" to using a razor blade.

This definitely used to be true, but I dont think its been true for at least 5 or 6 years with newer technology of pivoting heads (this is key) etc. I use a Phillips electric, and it amazed me the first time I used it how close it was to the real thing. Battery life's great too. I still keep a Mach III for tough face curves just in case or something the electric just isnt getting, but by-and-large the electric does 98% of the job and saves time and $$$$. My 2¢

Old
04-24-2014, 10:43 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Because if people actually believe in the Global Warming science, (rather than just blinding accepting something they know virtually nothing about) meat consumption is approximately the worst thing you can do for the planet (again, that's IF you believe this stuff). That's per the UN IPCC science, who are the Lord & Masters of Global Warming research, claims, and solutions.

So why do you (and virtually nobody) not know the above, and if meat consumption is even worse than driving SUVs or using coal, then why is virtually all the focus on oil, coal, SUVs, and alternative energy? Simple. Because politicians cant rake in ****loads of money if you don't eat a rib-eye tonight. Hypocrisy. Fraud. Rinse/repeat.
Science is a funny thing. It can tell you how things work but it cant make you understand them.

Especially when you blindly accept something you know very little about.

Old
04-25-2014, 12:17 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Science is a funny thing. It can tell you how things work but it cant make you understand them.

Especially when you blindly accept something you know very little about.
Yes; I totally agree.

That's why I didn't bother posting a link to the UN environmental Working Paper analysis on livestock's massive greenhouse gas contribution, because those who "blindly accept" wouldn't bother reading it anyway (or want to).

Old
04-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Devils Dominion
DraftPicks 4 Castron

Some old guy recently told me not to eat anything with eyes.

Old
04-25-2014, 01:30 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Filet mignon doesn't have eyes.

Old
04-25-2014, 03:12 AM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Not even potatoes?!

Old
04-25-2014, 06:18 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

I love not having to work Fridays. The best part? Waking up and getting to play some puck in the morning. Wonderful.

Closed Thread