HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Caps interested in Miller

Old
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
McPhee has overpaid at the deadline, what, twice in his career? Don't make it out to seem like the Erat+Latta for Forsberg trade is the norm for him. It's clearly the exception to his typical trade pattern of protecting any assets worth more than a 2nd round pick. He very very rarely moves prospects, and has traded away a 1st round pick for a player only once that I can recall (when he got Brouwer, with multiple years of team control, for a 1st).

Miller makes no sense in Washington. McPhee runs a tight ship, in terms of rumors. All smoke, no fire.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBondra View Post
WTF really? For a (very good) UFA rental? You don't "dangle" a talent like Kuznetsov. I think Grubauer alone should do it.
No, it shouldn't.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:23 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Drooooooool.
I think the point of his comment was to show that Kypreos was saying other untrue things, as the Wild beat reporter yesterday said he couldn't even believe he had to say that Coyle was not going to be traded.

Besides, if Coyle were offered, this deal would've been done already. It isn't, so he obviously hasn't, so Kypreos is making that one up, which goes to his reliability on this speculation.

I will laugh if the Caps trade for Miller in their quixotic quest to climb over five teams to get the lower wildcard spot to get blasted by the Pens in round 1.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:25 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Oh yay, another Russian haha.
You will soon find out that Murray doesn't like Russian very much.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Green, Erat and a first for Ott and Miller
While Ott would plug a hole, losing Green creates a bigger one.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:26 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I've seen that through his draft history...bye bye Grigo.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:27 PM
SaintAnthony

Chuck Fletcher was quoted yesterday by the St. Paul Pioneer Press saying Charlie Coyle is not available. He is an integral part of the future of the Wild building down the middle with Koivu-Granlund-Coyle. I just can't see the Wild getting a deal done for Miller right now. After what they gave up for Pominville they can't afford to give up a 1st or any more good young players right now, especially for a rental.

I believe the Wild will wait until after the Olympics and if they need some goalie help might look at Tim Thomas or another veteran. Looking for long term goalie will help will have to come in the off season and try and figure out how Harding's health is and what to do with Backstrom's contract.

SaintAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBondra View Post
WTF really? For a (very good) UFA rental? You don't "dangle" a talent like Kuznetsov. I think Grubauer alone should do it.
I didn't say that it was necessarily a smart idea to do that, but rather that in order to play for a guy like Miller, McPhee may need to pay a price that might make the prospect fanboys at HFBoards a little bit queasy. That's all.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerfanthe View Post
Kypreos also said that the Wild were interested and he heard that Coyle was being dangled.
GM Fletcher said he isn't going to move Granlund and or Coyle.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Dunkster19

Just remember it was Kypreos who tweeted about the coaching and Gm change coming soon in Buffalo a week or two before it actually happened.

Dunkster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

With Miller's salary at 6.5 mil, to make cap room for him Buffalo would have to take salary back. Mike Green would just about do that with a salary just a bit north of 6 mil.

Miller for Mike Green, Neuvirth and 2nd

After watching Mike Green's recent hugfest with Karlsson, I'd be happy to see him go.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Good news if you're a Sabres fan. Outside of Datsyuk and Malkin only one Russian forward in the past 10+ years has played a role on a Stanley Cup winning team. Besides McPhee didn't wait 10 years for Kuznetsov to come over just to trade him a few months before he landed on North American soil.

Kypreos also said Kane for Miller was as good as done like 3 years ago and isn't the rumor from this summer that Miller shot down a deal to Washington last year?

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
nickybacks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
It's probably a combination of Grubauer, Kuznetsov, and draft picks that he's planning to dangle at Murray. I know that consistent goaltending is an issue for the Caps, but Miller's not going to come cheap and I don't think that they can afford giving up young assets like that; they're a bit of a bubble team.
not a chance they deal kuz and gruby for a rental in miller, this team is not a ryan miller away from a cup. I might offer us something of neuvy, green, brouwer and a pick but that still seems way steep of an overpayment for a rental. As a caps fan no interest in miller

nickybacks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkster19 View Post
Just remember it was Kypreos who tweeted about the coaching and Gm change coming soon in Buffalo a week or two before it actually happened.
It was actually a month or so and it was completely bogus. Terry Pegula met Lafontaine on dumb luck a week before hiring him, well after Kypreos "reported" a change was coming in Buffalo.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

The thought of trading Mike Green for Ryan Miller has to be the most asinine thing I've heard. The Capitals defense without Mike Green would make Buffalo's look great. Connor Carrick, Tyson Strachan, or Steve Oleksy would be the 2RD.

Old
01-28-2014, 12:39 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkster19 View Post
Wasn't he the one that also said Suter to Detroit was a done deal?

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Djp

Quote:
Ya that was the big rumour, but I think it was Erat all along.

You don't announce a big time breaking news press conference for Erat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Green, Erat and a first for Ott and Miller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
With Miller's salary at 6.5 mil, to make cap room for him Buffalo would have to take salary back. Mike Green would just about do that with a salary just a bit north of 6 mil.

Miller for Mike Green, Neuvirth and 2nd

After watching Mike Green's recent hugfest with Karlsson, I'd be happy to see him go.
As Tim Murray said he isn't giving Miller away and both deals proposed here is doing that.
Green is a pure dump and Neuvirth +2nd <<< Miller

1st = Ott

Erat + green are two pure cap dumps.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:41 PM
nickybacks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The thought of trading Mike Green for Ryan Miller has to be the most asinine thing I've heard. The Capitals defense without Mike Green would make Buffalo's look great. Connor Carrick, Tyson Strachan, or Steve Oleksy would be the 2RD.
green has a year remaining after this year with a cap hit of over 6.25 mil.. his play and health in the past few years(including this season) has decline drastically and is a liability in his own end more ofen then he should be....doesnt seem too asanine to me

nickybacks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Wilson and a 1st

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I hate to be that guy that brings up his fortunes in fantasy hockey - but as a Miller owner in our keeper league, hearing him linked with the Blues constantly, seeing him end up in Washington would be quite the letdown. As a Ducks fan, though, not seeing him in St. Louis would be a decent silver lining, obviously.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

I hope GMGM gives up Kuznetsov for Miller. That would be hilarious.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybacks19 View Post
green has a year remaining after this year with a cap hit of over 6.25 mil.. his play and health in the past few years(including this season) has decline drastically and is a liability in his own end more ofen then he should be....doesnt seem too asanine to me
His cap hit is $6.08M, which is under $6.25M.
He's been healthy this year.
His point totals are down compared to his Norris finalist years, but his defense certainly isn't in decline. He's a very good possession player on a struggling possession team, and is one of the better Caps defenders in 1-on-1 scenarios. Certainly better than Carrick, Strachan, or Oleksy in just about every facet of the game.

The second pairing on the team would be Orlov-Carrick. If you don't think that's asinine, I don't know what to tell you.

Old
01-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybacks19 View Post
I might offer us something of neuvy, green, brouwer and a pick but that still seems way steep of an overpayment for a rental. As a caps fan no interest in miller
Doesn't mean that the Sabres would bite on that, nothing of interest besides Neuvy at this point of the Sabres rebuild. Even Neuvy is a bonus, not the main chip of the trade imo.

edit: Besides I think people seem to forget that we have a plethora of picks available, it's not going to be only Miller in the trade from the Sabres side.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You don't announce a big time breaking news press conference for Erat.

As Tim Murray said he isn't giving Miller away and both deals proposed here is doing that.
Green is a pure dump and Neuvirth +2nd <<< Miller

1st = Ott

Erat + green are two pure cap dumps.
The only way the Caps could acquire Miller is if they dumped some salary. Mike Green's salary is in the neighborhood of Millers. Trading prospects/draft picks will not help alleviate Washington's salary cap.

Green/Neuvirth and pick from Brouwer, Laich or Marcus Johansson

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2014, 12:47 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

The Sabres could retain salary on Miller and take back a forward like Erat to make the deal work under the cap.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote