HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR Press Conference Transcript

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 03:48 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
JR Press Conference Transcript

"I scored a lot of my goals mainly due to the fact that I play a very physical game, I create more room for myself. People have told me to slow down, but I live on the edge and I play on the edge, at a high speed."

"I didn't expect to be here today, well, I did, but not in this uniform, It's been a pretty big whirlwind for me in the last twenty-four hours. But with the opportunity to come here to LA, I was extremely excited about it."

"The Flyers called me yesterday to ask if I would be willing to take a trade. I said 'yeah, but only if you trade me to two teams,' and LA was my first choice. [Flyers General Manager] Bobby Clarke was good enough to reciprocate and grant my wishes."

"I have a no-trade clause, and they asked if I would entertain a trade, I said the only way I would entertain a trade is if it was to the Los Angeles Kings or the Phoenix Coyotes. Phoenix is my home, but LA is like my second home. I spend so much time out here in LA, they were the only two teams I would accept a trade to. The Flyers did everything they possibly could to make sure my wishes were granted, so I have to thank them."

"When Bobby Clarke asked me where I want to be, I said that I wanted
to go to the Kings. They have a really good team. They just got Pavol Demitra, my buddy Lucky Luc [Robitaille] just signed here. It's a really good fit for me, and I know I can bring a lot of excitement and a lot of enthusiasm."

"It was a nip-and-tuck thing, I know they were both talking a lot with Philly yesterday. I think the Coyotes had a little problem with their cap, and that allowed the Kings to make the deal."

"I've been wanting to play here for quite some time, and I know that coming here, I'm going to bring a lot of zest and a great attitude--a lot of exciting hockey."

"It's close to my home. I live in Arizona, my family lives in Arizona. It was going to be very hard to me to go to Philly knowing my family is going to stay in Arizona. Coming here is very close to home. I have a lot of friends out here. Playing in LA has always been something I wanted to do. I think I fit very well here in LA. I'm an LA kind of guy."

"Luc then asked me, 'Did it happen?' I said 'no, it didn't happen yet.'"

And then, doing what is likely one of the best-ever imitations of Robitaille, Roenick quoted his good friend:
"I'm calling them right now! I'm calling them right now," he said.
"I'm telling them they gotta get you."

"It's nice to see that Luc has a lot of people who respect him around here. Luc and I have been friends for many, many years. For the opportunity to come play with him, I'm thrilled, I'm ecstatic."

"The quest to get him thirty goals this year is going to be weighing heavily on my mind because he told me that's what I have to do if I come here."

"I can add a tremendous amount to the roster, not only a lot of speed and a lot of physical-ness, but the thing that I love doing the most is a lot of playmaking. With Luc, how he likes to sit in front of the net--he just scores goals. It'll be nice to feed a guy who just puts the puck in the net. With Pavol Demitra here--another real crafty guy. These are guys I'll be able to feed the puck to and know something good is going to happen."

"I'm passionate in everything I do, I'm passionate with my family, I'm passionate with my friends, I'm passionate with my job. When I get going, when I get riled, I'm going to defend myself, I'm going to defend my teammates, I'm going to defend my game. I'll defend my team to no end."

"I boost my guys, too. I'll be a cheerleader for my teammates and boost them along, getting them energized. That's one of the best parts of being on a team is helping other guys and leading by example."

"I've always liked how this team has played. They've always played with a tremendous amount of intensity, they've always played with a tremendous amount of grit. It's always been a hard place for me to play in. It's always good when you go to a place that's hard to play in because you don't have to worry about that anymore."

"He(Andy Murray)'s always played me really hard, He's a coach that goes out and really studies other teams. He knows how to beat other teams. He's a student of the game. There are no better coaches than those who really put time in to see what makes other teams tick. The reason it was so hard for me to come in here and play was because he knew how to frustrate me. He made it hard for me here because of his game plan."

"I feel great, I think a year [off] has saved my career," I think it's added maybe two or three years to my career. I've had time to sit back and relax and get a new drive for the game. My body has completely healed. I feel stronger now. I really it's helped me."

"At 35, not knowing if I wanted to play much longer, this year off has probably given me the drive to play another three or four years, which is a great feeling for me."

"I just hope people understand that the Kings are trying to build a top-end team to watch, hopefully, bringing myself here, bringing Pavol Demitra here, and hopefully getting a couple other guys throughout the summer, we want them to realize that the Kings are making a very, very big push to put a really good team on the ice."

"I really feel the team that Dave is putting together is going to be a force to be reckoned with, hopefully, everyone here in Southern California is going to stand behind us and fill up Staples Center. I think there's going to be a new rebirth of hockey out here in Southern California. I'm really excited to be a part of that."

Old
08-05-2005, 03:51 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
"I'm passionate in everything I do, I'm passionate with my family, I'm passionate with my friends, I'm passionate with my job. When I get going, when I get riled, I'm going to defend myself, I'm going to defend my teammates, I'm going to defend my game. I'll defend my team to no end."

I was cracking up when he was imitating Luc's accent.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:55 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Soo.... do i get the white or black #97?

Old
08-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Mindcircus

That was a really good impression of Luc. Very funny.

It's all about the Roenick third jersey!

Old
08-05-2005, 04:10 AM
McSorley 33

Nice pick up, either way.

Old
08-05-2005, 03:20 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quite impressed good speech but ya only talked baout Luc and Demitra doubt he'll play much with luc....

Old
08-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Quite impressed good speech but ya only talked baout Luc and Demitra doubt he'll play much with luc....
I would expect them together on the powerplay

But Roenick is way to fast of a skater to be on a line with Luc

Old
08-05-2005, 03:33 PM
10 ft. pole

I would like an All American Line

Brown-Conroy-Roenick
Gleason-Miller

Old
08-05-2005, 09:16 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Luc will be spotted when even strength, but he will play alot with JR on the PP.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Press Conference Pics

Old
08-06-2005, 08:30 AM
nocturn

Anyone have the conf in a downloadable file format? Everytime I watch it on lakings.com, it stops and freezes my whole system up.

Thanks.

Closed Thread