HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LI

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2014, 05:50 PM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
But at least we can say we tried. I can't see us surviving too long in the playoffs with Holden getting 18+ minutes a night.
Not should he. Come the playoffs, as most teams do, our top pair should be seeing close to 30 minutes. I just don't see why it has to be win now just because we've done well. Nothing we can do this year can win the cup. We can still sit on this and improve for another season at least. Not sell away at the expense of the only depth we have.

Anyway hopefully it's one or the other and definitely not both (hopefully parenteau)

Old
01-29-2014, 05:55 PM
forsbergavs32

Yeah...Roy's comment about PAP helping us in the near future is very interesting, there has to be some sort of deal being worked out.

Old
01-29-2014, 06:00 PM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Not should he. Come the playoffs, as most teams do, our top pair should be seeing close to 30 minutes. I just don't see why it has to be win now just because we've done well. Nothing we can do this year can win the cup. We can still sit on this and improve for another season at least. Not sell away at the expense of the only depth we have.

Anyway hopefully it's one or the other and definitely not both (hopefully parenteau)
Yeah, that isn't happening. They will be playing against the oppositions top lines. Like they are now. As will Stastny. So we need a decent 2nd pair to defend against teams 2nd line.

Old
01-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Waingro
Foppa2118

All these rumors have me reading way too much into everything, but Roy seemed way more jovial in the media scrum today at practice than he has in recent weeks. My conspiracy theory is he's got a mini bidding war on his hands for PA, and knows he'll get something good for him in the next couple days. He just seemed to be in a really good mood.

Old
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Christian Litscher

Given what we know... would you do

Barrie+Sgarbossa+2014 1st for Girardi+Brassard
Parenteau+McLeod+Malone for Markov+Moen+capdump(Briere/Bourque/Gionta)

Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay
O'Reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Brassard-MacKinnon-Talbot
Moen-Mitchell-Bordeleau
Cliche

Markov-Johnson(23-26 min)
Hejda-Girardi(20-22)
Benoit-Sarich/Guenin(12-16)
Sarich/Guenin
Holden

Varlamov
Giguere

-This would only be appealing if we plan on resigning Markov/Girardi. We have the capspace to give Stastny/RoR/Varlamov/Markov/Girardi 5-6M.
-Markov gives us a top pairing LH and really helps out our powerplay.
-Girardi and Hejda would form a great shutdown pairing.
-Moen is a veteran cup winner and would give us an elite pk tandem with Talbot.
-Roy should be fairly familiar with Brassard given the Q connection and he was a beast in last year's playoffs.
-Losing Barrie hurts but we likely have to choose between him and Elliott anyway.
-We sell the farm a little here, but the core pieces are still in place.
-Compliance Wilson and the Mtl capdump in the summer.

Old
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
In what world does having a 10G 30P guy as our top RW make sense?
In a world where the avs most offensive line is their third line. Ott could fit in on the top line and give us two excellent defensive top lines to throw at teams before McGinn-MacKinnon-Talbot go to work. That's an incredibly hard to play against top 9 with two good defensive pairings behind them.

Plus it's not like Ott hasn't produced in the past. Last season he was on pace for 15 goals and 41 points. The year before he put up 39 points and 11 goals in 74 games. His peak season trumps McGinn's by a good bit, 19 goals, 46 points in only 64 games. So he can chip in as the sandpaper on a very tough to play against top line.

Old
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Except that reason doesn't make any sense. They had just won 4 straight when they put him back in the lineup against the Leafs last week.

Then they lost to the Lightning and put Tanguay back in after being 4-1 in the last five games.

Then they won in FLA with PAP and Tanguay in the lineup, and lose in TB with PAP and without Tanguay whom they rested. So Roy scratches PAP, and dresses Tanguay even though they're still 5-2 in their last 7 games.

They win in a close game in Dallas where Varly had to make 41 saves, and PA is scratched again for a second game.

I'm not exactly sure what the reason is for why PA is scratched, but I'm almost positive it's not to keep the lineup the same because it's winning. They wouldn't have brought PA back last week if that were the case. The fact that Roy is using that as a reason, is now making the idea of just resting his knee seem like it's not the case either, because they'd just say that.

There has been so much smoke around the Avs in the last week or so involving trade rumors, and now this weirdness with PA. You have to think this has to do with a potential trade.
There's one thing that you guys didnt talk about when it was time to comment all those trade rumours with PAP . The Québec medias said that they were not surprised with the PAP rumours because they were told that Roy and PAP wasnt on the same page . Rumours is that they are not seeing each other eye to eye, Roy is not happy with PAP's work ethic , he's cutting the corners and Roy is not happy ,as a result there are frictions between the two .

Old
01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
All these rumors have me reading way too much into everything, but Roy seemed way more jovial in the media scrum today at practice than he has in recent weeks. My conspiracy theory is he's got a mini bidding war on his hands for PA, and knows he'll get something good for him in the next couple days. He just seemed to be in a really good mood.
Late last night Yvon Pedneault from TVA sports said that the Avs receved a lot of phone calls about PAP , following the Habs rumours .

Old
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Late last night Yvon Pedneault from TVA sports said that the Avs receved a lot of phone calls about PAP , following the Habs rumours .
Bidding War!

Old
01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Good, get the best deal possible. Not other teams' scraps.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:16 PM
hockeyfish

The suspense is killing me.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:26 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Just get a deal done and over with already. This speculation stuff annoys me.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:33 PM
agentblack

Does PAP for Despres make sense? I heard he was playing really well in the A since he got sent down. I dont know the Pens money situation but id love a young talented d man like him that can play now.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Does PAP for Despres make sense? I heard he was playing really well in the A since he got sent down. I dont know the Pens money situation but id love a young talented d man like him that can play now.
Pens probably would have to add a bit.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Salaries don't work out, but it would be a good fit otherwise. May as well just do PAP and Barrie + whatever else for Letang.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:42 PM
cgf
FireBednarsSuccessor

Maybe it's cause I'm a bigger football fan than I am a hockey fan, and as we approach the end of the january transfer window the english press pull speculation out of their ***** like nobody in any other sport that's desensitized me, but all of the silly speculation doesn't bother me. Just gives me something to laugh at until ultimately nothing comes of it.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Waingro
Foppa2118

Quote:
There's one thing that you guys didnt talk about when it was time to comment all those trade rumours with PAP . The Québec medias said that they were not surprised with the PAP rumours because they were told that Roy and PAP wasnt on the same page . Rumours is that they are not seeing each other eye to eye, Roy is not happy with PAP's work ethic , he's cutting the corners and Roy is not happy ,as a result there are frictions between the two .
You know that's one thing I've always noticed about PAP, but it hasn't been a big concern of mine because he's usually very consistent offensively and you don't have to have every player play a dedicated two way game 100% to be successful.

It may be something Roy believes though. PAP is a guy that floats the most on the team and doesn't really work all that hard defensively. Even Tanguay and Mitchell work hard defensively and back check hard most of the time.

I wonder if part of a supposed conflict is in offensive playing style. Roy has said all year how he asked guys to tweak things in their approach. Maybe PA has been reluctant to do so. Seems odd though, he's a vet and he's a guy that hasn't exactly proven anything beyond the last few years. You would think he would just buy in like the rest if the team.

Either way it's a very interesting development, and when it comes down to it he's the best to move anyway IMO. He's got more trade value than McGinn, frees up more money, they keep McGinns physical presence which is a weakness anyway, and PA is a bit redunt with tangs as a RW playmaker anyway.

Old
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Just get a deal done and over with already. This speculation stuff annoys me.
Agreed. All this holdup better be worth the payoff in the end.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Was just browsing MHH and saw this fanpost:

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2014/1...ly-for-5-years

I know it has very little credibility, but it sounds semi-legit and I thought it was worth sharing here.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
About damn time. Roy has let him get away with it for far too long now. The occasional good pass on the offensive end doesn't make up for PAP's turnovers and awful defense. We're better off with him out of the lineup.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
JoeSakic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post

I know it has very little credibility, but it sounds semi-legit and I thought it was worth sharing here.
I dunno, the bag-boy at "my store" is a heck of a lot more credible than Eklund.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:

Guitarpick has over 1400+ posts so at least he isn't some random account, but obviously I find this very hard to believe

Old
01-29-2014, 08:11 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:

Wow great rumor. Even if taken with a grain of salt.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
4-5 years for Varly would be perfect. Anything over that with a goalie freaks me out.

Old
01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Freaky Styley

If we do a deal involving Parenteau to Montreal for a Dman, I wouldn't mind seeing Briere coming back the other way if we are talking about packages

Closed Thread