HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LI

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Guys, it's obviously going to be PAP, Wilson and 3 prospects for Subban.
Too bad the Avs don't even have 3 healthy prospects...

Old
01-29-2014, 11:52 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
This deal would rely some on Montreal wanting to clear cap space and how much they would like to rid themselves of Briere, who may not be a horrible player but is on a horrible contract for a cap team.

Avs:
Briere (4 Mill) @ One more season
Bourque (3.33 Mill) @ Two more seasons
Gorges (3.9 Mill) @ Four more sason
Habs 2nd Round Pick 2014

Avs:
Parenteau (4 Mill) @ Two more seasons
Elliott (.840 Mill) RFA
Wilson (2.25 Mill) @ One more season
Avs 1st Round Pick 2014

Habs clear roughly 5 million off the cap for the summer and this deadline, allowing them to make another move this year or to save it for re-structuring the team in the offseason. PA improves a dreadful offense, again coming with a good cap hit. Elliott is a decent PMD prospect, and Wilson is a decent 6/7 D man.

Avs have more than enough cap space for the next 2-3 years to take on the "bad" contracts of Briere and Bourque. Both would benefit from the Avs being able to use them in specific roles rather than being forced to play them too much in wrong situations. The Avs also have a wide spectrum of players to try and pair them with. Worst case, one or both COULD be bought out via a compliance buyout this summer. Gorges helps solidify the D core for a long time to come. While he may not be a top tier D man, he is a steady force that will slot in with Barrie or Johnson.

O'Reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Lando-Stastny-Tanguay
Briere-Mac-Bourque
McLeod-Mitchell-Talbot

Hejda-Johnson
Gorges-Barrie
Benoit-Guenin

Depth Holden, Sarich, and Bords.
Eww, Bourque is awful and would be one if the more expensive 4th liners in the league on this team. Briere doesn't do much, and gorges and their second for pap is fair as is. So basically we're giving them Elliott and our first to swap Ryan Wilson for their expensive crap? That seems really dumb. For our first and Elliott to come into play one of those guys would have to be replaced by Gallagher.

Plus the Canadiens don't really need another smaller PMD prospect. So the value we're giving up isn't even a great fit for them.

For them to dump both briere and Bourque with gorges you'd have to take away both Elliott and our pick and put in another 2nd rounder coming our way next year. And I'd still rather just pair it down. Gorges+2nd for pap is fair to both sides, if the want to swap briere for Wilson on top of that that's ok, but anything past that just stops making any sort of sense.

Old
01-29-2014, 11:58 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Quick question...Dustin Byfuglien's name keeps popping up as being potentially available in the media from time to time but nobody here really has mentioned him someone we could use or would be interested in. Is it because he is right handed (although I do see some lefty's listed from time to time) or is it because folks just don't like him and think he's not worth it? I'm just kinda wondering why his name never appears when folks discuss potential trade targets.
He's not what we need and would still require a size able trade offer. I'd have a lot more interest in Enstrom since an Enstrom - EJ pairing would make a great top pairing for the next 5+ years. But again the acquisition cost isn't something we can afford unless Hishon just explodes between now and the next trade deadline.

Old
01-29-2014, 11:59 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I get the feeling if a trade goes down, it will be with Pittsburgh or Ottawa. Both are looking for scoring line wingers and Ottawa really wanted PAP when he became a free agent.

I'm not even getting involved with this Montreal BS because none of it even makes sense, so it's hard to believe.

Old
01-30-2014, 12:06 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
This deal would rely some on Montreal wanting to clear cap space and how much they would like to rid themselves of Briere, who may not be a horrible player but is on a horrible contract for a cap team.

Avs:
Habs 2nd Round Pick 2014

Avs:
Elliott (.840 Mill) RFA
Avs 1st Round Pick 2014
That deal is nonsense. No way we give a first round pick without getting a top notch prospect.

Old
01-30-2014, 12:20 AM
viach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I get the feeling if a trade goes down, it will be with Pittsburgh or Ottawa. Both are looking for scoring line wingers and Ottawa really wanted PAP when he became a free agent.
+1
Like you I think so and I hope so because I don't want a trade with Montreal. Don't think teams are good trade partner

Old
01-30-2014, 12:42 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post

I'm not even getting involved with this Montreal BS because none of it even makes sense, so it's hard to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post
+1
Like you I think so and I hope so because I don't want a trade with Montreal. Don't think teams are good trade partner
I'm in agreement with you guys, both teams also make better trading partners than Montreal. Would like to get either Despres or Wiercioch back, but they need to be accompanied by someone/something else.

Old
01-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
I don't know if I would call PAP useless this year....

He started the season riding shotgun to a rookie 1st overall pick with a player in McGinn that could not find chemistry with a periodic table last year. Just as he was getting top line minutes with O'Reilly and Duchene, he got hurt and has not looked like he was fully recovered/comfortable since. This was followed up with again being put to the third line at times and spending quality minutes playing with Mitchell and Talbot.

PAP is a top 20 winger in this league. Problem is the Avs already have two guys that are better (O'Reilly and Lando), two that are above average (Tanguay and McGinn), and a center in Mac that can do the job too. Pair that with some glaring needs, and PAP becomes a trade chip.
Top 20 winger? You gotta be kidding me!

Old
01-30-2014, 02:37 AM
AvalancheFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Deadpool View Post
Top 20 winger? You gotta be kidding me!
He is, I was about to name 20 and laughed how easy it was. He is a good winger though. Very capable and will perform in a top 6 role. Anyways, if he's the guy we have to move for defensive help then I'm all for it. I have always wanted to keep Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly, Stastny, Erik Johnson and Varlamov. Add Mackinnon to that core and it's very solid to build around. Trade some extra offensive help for defence and go from there. Nothing major but try and make a smart move for a youngish defencemen with upside for good value. That's how I see it.

Old
01-30-2014, 03:51 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:

Avs:
Habs 2nd Round Pick 2014

Avs:
Elliott (.840 Mill) RFA
Avs 1st Round Pick 2014
Easily one of your worst weekly 10 man proposals, bro. Holy cow. Asset per asset, we get completely screwed. What was the thinking here?

Old
01-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Not sure if it got posted here or not but McKenzie was on TSN radio yesterday and he said a number of teams inquired about Parenteau because he can provide a boost of offense for teams that need it. He said the issue with the Avs is that they weren't happy with his play since coming back from injury so they told him to take a seat. He thinks PAP wasn't too happy about that because he has been working hard to get back and help the team so now there's some friction/issues there.

As for the Parenteau/Bourque stuff, he said all he heard was that the Habs inquired about Parenteau. He doesn't know any details about the talks and who turned down what. However, he added that he thinks Bourque's contract is untradeable.

On Friedman's segment on the show he was asked if anything will happen before the Olympic break, he said teams are talking and the Avs, Sabres, and Kings are three teams to watch.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:20 AM
kento19
@kento19

Parenteau for Despres +.
Yup, I said it. +

The Avs are in no rush to trade anyone. They don't need to trade Parenteau but if the right deal comes along they will likely take it.

The Pens however want to win and win now. Every year it seems they go out and get a rental player but this could be a real opportunity for them. Parenteau is locked up for a couple of years on a fantastic contract and could be the the first line right winger that Sidney Crosby never had.

I know PAP hasn't been good this year. I've hated on him more than anyone, but he's still a very very skilled hockey player. He just seems to be in a slump.

Patrick Roy knows how good of a fit PAP would be in Penguin land. I'm sure there's been talks already and if so Roy has definitely been trying to get the most out of the deal. Patty has seen lots of Simon in his coaching days and i'm sure he's the kind of defenseman he would like to get.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:45 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Parenteau for Despres +.
Yup, I said it. +

The Avs are in no rush to trade anyone. They don't need to trade Parenteau but if the right deal comes along they will likely take it.

The Pens however want to win and win now. Every year it seems they go out and get a rental player but this could be a real opportunity for them. Parenteau is locked up for a couple of years on a fantastic contract and could be the the first line right winger that Sidney Crosby never had.

I know PAP hasn't been good this year. I've hated on him more than anyone, but he's still a very very skilled hockey player. He just seems to be in a slump.

Patrick Roy knows how good of a fit PAP would be in Penguin land. I'm sure there's been talks already and if so Roy has definitely been trying to get the most out of the deal. Patty has seen lots of Simon in his coaching days and i'm sure he's the kind of defenseman he would like to get.
Pens don't have the cap space.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:04 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

This may mean nothing, but it sounds like the Habs called up Christian Thomas this morning.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Hans Landaskog

I swear, if we trade for Rene Bourque, I'm going to be pissed.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Avs71

Why is it that people think the Avs would be adding to Parenteau to get Wiercioch or Despres?

Parenteau is still top 30 for RW PPGs this season. That is despite being a "3rd line, overpaid, healthy scratch." Last season he was 6th in RW scoring.

Wiercioch plays 16 minutes a night, and is already 23. Despres is in the AHL and will be 23 at the start of next season. It's not like we are talking about sheltered 20 year olds.

Do the Avs not get worse in those deals, for at least this season?

Old
01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Why is it that people think the Avs would be adding to Parenteau to get Wiercioch or Despres?

Parenteau is still top 30 for RW PPGs this season. That is despite being a "3rd line, overpaid, healthy scratch." Last season he was 6th in RW scoring.

Wiercioch plays 16 minutes a night, and is already 23. Despres is in the AHL and will be 23 at the start of next season. It's not like we are talking about sheltered 20 year olds.

Do the Avs not get worse in those deals, for at least this season?
In my proposal I said PArenteau for Despres +.

HF fans tend to base everything on NOW and age. Parenteau was a healthy scratch last game and Despres is a young Dman with tons of potential so according to HF Despres>Parenteau

General Managers in the NHL however have a real opinion of hockey and place a lot of value on proven experience. Parenteau holds a lot more value to an NHL general manager than to a HFboards teenager.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:

Avs:
Habs 2nd Round Pick 2014

Avs:
Elliott (.840 Mill) RFA
Avs 1st Round Pick 2014

Habs clear roughly 5 million off the cap for the summer and this deadline, allowing them to make another move this year or to save it for re-structuring the team in the offseason. PA improves a dreadful offense, again coming with a good cap hit. Elliott is a decent PMD prospect, and Wilson is a decent 6/7 D man.

Avs have more than enough cap space for the next 2-3 years to take on the "bad" contracts of Briere and Bourque. Both would benefit from the Avs being able to use them in specific roles rather than being forced to play them too much in wrong situations. The Avs also have a wide spectrum of players to try and pair them with. Worst case, one or both COULD be bought out via a compliance buyout this summer. Gorges helps solidify the D core for a long time to come. While he may not be a top tier D man, he is a steady force that will slot in with Barrie or Johnson.
Oh, that's an awful scenario. Are you looking at Briere's and Bourque's production from 2010-11 or something? They're nothing like that anymore. That's like two depth forwards (miles past their prime) coming back. We'd be better off with David Jones and Milan Hejduk.

I don't mind Gorges though. A bit slow, but not a bad player. But if the Avs could figure out how to fix Wilson, wouldn't that be similar?

Old
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
I swear, if we trade for Rene Bourque, I'm going to be pissed.
If Ryan Wilson is going the other way, I would be thrilled. A PAP/Wilson for Gorges/Bourque deal would be a good one of the Avs.

There is also somebody that claims to work for the Habs that is claiming they are trying to make room for Beaulieu to stay up for the season.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:52 AM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
In my proposal I said PArenteau for Despres +.

HF fans tend to base everything on NOW and age. Parenteau was a healthy scratch last game and Despres is a young Dman with tons of potential so according to HF Despres>Parenteau

General Managers in the NHL however have a real opinion of hockey and place a lot of value on proven experience. Parenteau holds a lot more value to an NHL general manager than to a HFboards teenager.
Getting a good feel for the value of PA is pretty difficult. I could see him returning one of these high upside defender we are talking about. I can also see him returning Bourque and a meh prospect as well.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
If we get a good piece in return I'm fine with taking a cap dump back because we can still amnesty guys at the end of the year.

Old
01-30-2014, 09:00 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
If Ryan Wilson is going the other way, I would be thrilled. A PAP/Wilson for Gorges/Bourque deal would be a good one of the Avs.

There is also somebody that claims to work for the Habs that is claiming they are trying to make room for Beaulieu to stay up for the season.
I am not sure if that would be a "good one" for the Avs.

Does Wilson and/or PAP fit in here anymore? It sure doesn't seem that way, but if you break down the trade value wise I am left with this.

I would much rather have Wilson on my team than Bourque

And I feel PA is worth slightly more than Gorges.

I would ultimately feel that Montreal got the two better players.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
01-30-2014, 09:03 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I am not sure if that would be a "good one" for the Avs.

Does Wilson and/or PAP fit in here anymore? It sure doesn't seem that way, but if you break down the trade value wise I am left with this.

I would much rather have Wilson on my team than Bourque

And I feel PA is worth slightly more than Gorges.

I would ultimately feel that Montreal got the two better players.
And Montreal fans would feel the opposite, as they would feel that Gorges is better than PAP. It is pretty fair value IMO. As washed up as Bourque is, I think he is a better player for his position than Wilson is. Bourque doesn't fit there, but he can play a 3rd line wing role still and be somewhat effective. It is a pure hockey trade, get worse with the forwards to get better on defense.

Creasy ‏@The_Creasy 1m
Interesting.. #Habs Bourque was told that he MAY be a healthy scratch tonight vs #Bruins

Old
01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Zolik37

vCash: 352
Meszároš from Philadelphia would be a good pick up at the trade deadline. He is UFA after this season and it looks like they are not going to resign him. Has 15 pts in 32 games this season, thats not bad.

maybe Wilson/Meszaros swap?

Old
01-30-2014, 09:09 AM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
And Montreal fans would feel the opposite, as they would feel that Gorges is better than PAP. It is pretty fair value IMO. As washed up as Bourque is, I think he is a better player for his position than Wilson is. Bourque doesn't fit there, but he can play a 3rd line wing role still and be somewhat effective. It is a pure hockey trade, get worse with the forwards to get better on defense.

Creasy ‏@The_Creasy 1m
Interesting.. #Habs Bourque was told that he MAY be a healthy scratch tonight vs #Bruins
The_Creasy???

Closed Thread