HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2014, 11:47 PM
  #251
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Marco Roy with 4 points in the first period alone... Very nice.
Good for him, he's had his fair share of injuries this season and overall I am quite disappointed in his season.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 11:48 PM
  #252
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
His final stats:

70gp 35+50=85 +29 83PIM

Really wondering why he fell to 7th round. Corey Pronman said that he had Chase going 100 picks before we drafted him. Not going to complain though.
Just one of those players who slip threw the cracks. 17 goals in his draft year probably turned off some scouts , but I am happy he had underwhelming draft year season , he is looking like a good pick now.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 11:50 PM
  #253
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Good for him, he's had his fair share of injuries this season and overall I am quite disappointed in his season.
Yea under a ppg post draft year not really impressive at all, and then you look at Cogs scoring 20 this season and bleh.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 12:42 AM
  #254
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 116
Link to Greg Chase's 4 point night.

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/video/36643

Link to Ben Betker's beauty goal tonight. 1:10 mark.

http://www.everettsilvertips.com/vid...e41e132d2b2019


Last edited by Mozesmadness: 03-16-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added Betkers goal.
Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:16 AM
  #255
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Greg Chase draft+1 season
70GP 35G 50A 85P - 1.21ppg
Jordan Eberle draft+1 season
61GP 35G 39A 74P - 1.21ppg


I'm not saying Chase will turn out as good as Eberle, but it's more of an interesting comparison for Chase and I'd be interested to see how Chase's even strength production matches up to Eberle's. Either way, this looks like a hell of a pick for the 7th round and I think MacT may have found an agitating third liner for the future.

Lindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:34 AM
  #256
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob Fail View Post
Yea under a ppg post draft year not really impressive at all, and then you look at Cogs scoring 20 this season and bleh.
I liked what I saw of him in rookie camp but then he got hurt, returned and had a quick start but since then got hurt again and kind of fell off the map. I'm not giving up on him or anything, but he needs a big time bounce back season next season.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:49 AM
  #257
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I liked what I saw of him in rookie camp but then he got hurt, returned and had a quick start but since then got hurt again and kind of fell off the map. I'm not giving up on him or anything, but he needs a big time bounce back season next season.
Would rather have Cogliano , also Gagner would of fetched at least a 1st when Cogs was moved would rather had the 1st selection and Cogs then Gagner and Roy.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:56 AM
  #258
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I liked what I saw of him in rookie camp but then he got hurt, returned and had a quick start but since then got hurt again and kind of fell off the map. I'm not giving up on him or anything, but he needs a big time bounce back season next season.
Do we send him back to junior for his overage year or does he go to OKC?

Same goes for Khaira, Betker, and Moroz.

Personally I'd like to see all but Moroz held back for there overage year.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 02:44 AM
  #259
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Do we send him back to junior for his overage year or does he go to OKC?

Same goes for Khaira, Betker, and Moroz.

Personally I'd like to see all but Moroz held back for there overage year.
I'd send him and Betker back and graduate Moroz and Khaira to OKC.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:18 AM
  #260
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
If I'm not mistaken, Chase is also eligible to play in the world juniors next year by one day (Jan 1st bday).

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
  #261
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Chase is also eligible to play in the world juniors next year by one day (Jan 1st bday).
Yup, he should make it. Same with Nurse and I think Houck has an outside chance if he has a good start.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 09:40 PM
  #262
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
NCAA games for next weekend are set.


North Dakota(Simpson) vs. Miami
Western Michigan(Morrison) vs. Denver(Laleggia)

Cornell(McCarron) vs. Union
Quinnipiac(Jones) vs. Colgate

UMass-Lowell(Campbell) vs. Notre Dame

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 11:52 PM
  #263
Hynh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
NCAA games for next weekend are set.


North Dakota(Simpson) vs. Miami
Western Michigan(Morrison) vs. Denver(Laleggia)

Cornell(McCarron) vs. Union
Quinnipiac(Jones) vs. Colgate

UMass-Lowell(Campbell) vs. Notre Dame
Is it wrong that I want UND to lose so the Oilers can hurry up and find out if Simpson is signing? WMU too.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:15 AM
  #264
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Is it wrong that I want UND to lose so the Oilers can hurry up and find out if Simpson is signing? WMU too.
Pretty sure NoDak is close to a lock for the NCAA tourney even if they lose, so we'd still have to wait a while for their season to be done.

I think WMU needs to win the NCHC title to move on though, so they'd be done with a loss.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:49 AM
  #265
Hynh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Pretty sure NoDak is close to a lock for the NCAA tourney even if they lose, so we'd still have to wait a while for their season to be done.

I think WMU needs to win the NCHC title to move on though, so they'd be done with a loss.
To be honest, I have no clue how the NCAA schedule works. All I know from my years of following the Oilers is that losing ends your season quicker than winning.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:30 AM
  #266
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
To be honest, I have no clue how the NCAA schedule works. All I know from my years of following the Oilers is that losing ends your season quicker than winning.
Each of the six divisions have a tournament. The winner of those tournaments automatically get a spot in the national tournament. Ten other teams are voted in by a committee.

NoDak was a good enough team that if they don't win the NCHC tournament, they're pretty close to a lock to be voted in.

Their first game in the NCAA tournament is March 29th or 30th. If they lose it, they'll be eliminated, so that'll be the earliest Simpson might be signed.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:15 PM
  #267
Tw0Shoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Do we send him back to junior for his overage year or does he go to OKC?

Same goes for Khaira, Betker, and Moroz.

Personally I'd like to see all but Moroz held back for there overage year.
Betker and Roy still have a year of junior left before their overage year don't they? Neither of them have played 4 full CHL seasons, so they'd have to go back if they didn't make the NHL team.

Tw0Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:23 PM
  #268
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
Betker and Roy still have a year of junior left before their overage year don't they? Neither of them have played 4 full CHL seasons, so they'd have to go back if they didn't make the NHL team.
They wouldn't be overagers, but because of their late birthdays(Sept15-Dec31), they'll be eligible for the AHL.

They'll both be 20 years old by December 31st, so technically this coming season will be their 20 year old season.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:28 PM
  #269
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
They should do another year Roy has been injured a lot this year so it won't hurt either of them

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:32 PM
  #270
Tw0Shoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
They wouldn't be overagers, but because of their late birthdays(Sept15-Dec31), they'll be eligible for the AHL.

They'll both be 20 years old by December 31st, so technically this coming season will be their 20 year old season.
your overage year is when you turn 21 during the season, not 20.

Tw0Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:55 PM
  #271
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
your overage year is when you turn 21 during the season, not 20.
Correct. That's why I said they wouldn't be overagers.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 04:09 PM
  #272
Tw0Shoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
They wouldn't be overagers, but because of their late birthdays(Sept15-Dec31), they'll be eligible for the AHL.

They'll both be 20 years old by December 31st, so technically this coming season will be their 20 year old season.
Sorry I read it wrong. I was always under the assumption that they had to play in the CHL until their overage year(unless they played 4 seasons.)
Thanks for the correction.

Tw0Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 11:21 PM
  #273
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 116
WHL on SHAW will be carrying the Hitmen vs Ice matchup in the first round of the WHL playoffs.

Great chance to watch Chase in the playoffs. Also I good chance to see two sure fire top ten picks battle it out in Sam Reinhart and Jake Virtanen.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 01:32 AM
  #274
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
So...

Marco Roy's playoffs start on the 20th against Moncton.

Nurse and the Greyhounds play Kyle Platzer and the Owen Sound Attack on the 21st.

Jackson Houck and the Giants play Portland on the 21st

Betker/Khaira play also start their playoffs on the 21st, they're taking on Seatle.

On the 20th Chase and the Hitmen take on Sam Reinharts Kootenay squad.

Oil Kings will play either Red Deer or Prince Albert. Game's tomorrow, winner's in, that's pretty intense.


Last edited by 40oz: 03-18-2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: ',
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 02:34 PM
  #275
Dangerdanger
Registered User
 
Dangerdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Don't know if anyone saw this, but here is the coaches poll for OHL players.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2014...llot-2014.html

Of note for the west, Nurse was #1 hardest shot (which I found surprising and promising), #2 offensive defenseman and #3 defensive defenseman

Dangerdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.