HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Team speed

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 06:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Team speed

Is there a team faster than us from top to bottom now? We really don't have any bad skaters. I guess Greg Johnson and Adam Hall are the slowest and neither of them are actually slow

Old
08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Actually, Greg Johnson is considered pretty fast. He's no Legwand or Kariya, but he's can skate.

Hall is probably the slowest, but he's hardly a lumbering oaf. Still, his speed is pedestrian compared to the rest of the team.

I think it's safe to be of the opinion that we have the fastest forward core in the game. Our Dcore, while mostly great skaters is not nearly as fast. While Timonen and Hamhuis are great skaters, neither are have great speed. The same can be said of Eaton, though he's not as good a skater as either. Zidlicky's not a great skater, nor is he fast. Suter is likely the fastest of the bunch. But he has real good speed, not Jovo speed. I can't speak for Markov's speed.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:45 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
anyone faster than us? no one comes to my mind.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Actually, Greg Johnson is considered pretty fast. He's no Legwand or Kariya, but he's can skate.

Hall is probably the slowest, but he's hardly a lumbering oaf. Still, his speed is pedestrian compared to the rest of the team.

I think it's safe to be of the opinion that we have the fastest forward core in the game. Our Dcore, while mostly great skaters is not nearly as fast. While Timonen and Hamhuis are great skaters, neither are have great speed. The same can be said of Eaton, though he's not as good a skater as either. Zidlicky's not a great skater, nor is he fast. Suter is likely the fastest of the bunch. But he has real good speed, not Jovo speed. I can't speak for Markov's speed.
I disagree on Eaton, Eaton is a fast skater. I also think Zidlicky is a very good skater.

The scouting report on Markov boast his speed as well.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I disagree on Eaton, Eaton is a fast skater. I also think Zidlicky is a very good skater.

The scouting report on Markov boast his speed as well.
I disagree with your disagreement.

Eaton is a good skater, but I've never been impressed with his top end speed. Same with Zidlicky.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's a great problem to have Eaton and Zidlicky as your slow guys isn't it...

Old
08-05-2005, 10:14 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
It's a great problem to have Eaton and Zidlicky as your slow guys isn't it...

There's not a bad skater on our team as it stands. Hall isn't the greatest, but he's no Jason Allison. Everyone else is an above average skater. And the scary thing is, our prospects are all great skaters. Radulov is a great skater. Shish is a phenomenal skater. Upshall can flat out fly. Klein is a great skater. Weber is a really good skater. Parent is a great skater and can flat out fly. We are a smooth skating, blazing team from top to bottom, veterans to prospects. If the new NHL is anything like Gary B envisions, we'll be in incredible position.

Old
08-05-2005, 11:37 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

YOu know this has to be killing some of the "old guard". Nashville is the team that should be contracted in their eyes. I mean we're the sole reason for contraction right. And look who benefits the most. First they change some rules to open the game up (advantage us), then they put in a salary cap so high dollar teams have to shed salary (advantage us), then they give us money through revenue sharing to pay for us to get Kariya.

Old
08-05-2005, 11:39 PM
handtrick

Quote:
YOu know this has to be killing some of the "old guard". Nashville is the team that should be contracted in their eyes. I mean we're the sole reason for contraction right. And look who benefits the most. First they change some rules to open the game up (advantage us), then they put in a salary cap so high dollar teams have to shed salary (advantage us), then they give us money through revenue sharing to pay for us to get Kariya.
Yea...sucks to be a Leaf fan today.....

Old
08-05-2005, 11:53 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:

Old
08-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I don't know - Hartnell sucks at skating. Obviously I'm kidding, but if anyone is likely to wipe out on their own with no help its gonna be the bull. It may be because of his playing style (balls to the wall) but I've seen him kinda get tangled up on himself more than once. He is not a bad skater, but thats always been a knock on him - but with the puck driving to the net, nobody is better

Old
08-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I don't know - Hartnell sucks at skating. Obviously I'm kidding, but if anyone is likely to wipe out on their own with no help its gonna be the bull. It may be because of his playing style (balls to the wall) but I've seen him kinda get tangled up on himself more than once. He is not a bad skater, but thats always been a knock on him - but with the puck driving to the net, nobody is better
He can skate, he just can't take corners or stop

----

This team is fast. I tend to agree more with Smokey on our defensemen's speed, but either way, we are different as a group than almost all other teams, in that......all 6 of our defensemen can skate at least average (if not above) and make out precise passes. I expect our PP to jump into the top 10 this year, and I also expect us to be in a positive +/- ration in Goals For/Goals Against. If these rules are called as stated, we are going to be spending a heck of a lot of time on the PP.

Oh, and I love the fact that we continue to draft speedy players with our high draft choices. As Smokey pointed out, all of our top prospects can really skate.....Lets just hope they all make it here to wow the fans .

08-06-2005, 02:20 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Is there a team faster than us from top to bottom now?
According to Paul Kariya himself, probably not.

Old
08-06-2005, 06:16 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
According to Paul Kariya himself, probably not.
He did say that didn't he? Not much for mincing words is he?

Closed Thread