HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Senior Citizens Bank Park

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2014, 10:20 AM
zarley zelepukin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I still am baffled how BJ Rosenberg keeps getting chances for, what, the third straight year of being awful?
Because he has pretty good stuff. Guys with good arms will always get chances, especially on teams with thin bullpens.

Diekman is similar but I think he would actually be doing well if the manager knew how to use him. They keep saying he can pitch against RHB but his career splits are drastic. At the very least, they should be picking spots when they use him against righties. Maybe don't send him up there when the opposing RHB happens to be an all-star calibur hitter, and don't send him out for a second inning to pitch to 3 righties. This should be pretty obvious by now.

Old
04-29-2014, 10:35 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Because he has pretty good stuff. Guys with good arms will always get chances, especially on teams with thin bullpens.

Diekman is similar but I think he would actually be doing well if the manager knew how to use him. They keep saying he can pitch against RHB but his career splits are drastic. At the very least, they should be picking spots when they use him against righties. Maybe don't send him up there when the opposing RHB happens to be an all-star calibur hitter, and don't send him out for a second inning to pitch to 3 righties. This should be pretty obvious by now.
Of course he has good stuff. He doesn't know how to use it.

Old
04-30-2014, 08:47 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
I'm not impressed at all with Bastardo, and I never really have been to be honest. Papelbon is paid too much to just be looking better.
Oh I definitely agree. Trying to have a glass half full approach here. RAJ makes it really tough.

Old
04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
PhilaFlyers

Tonight's game has been postponed.

Old
04-30-2014, 01:15 PM
FlyersFan61290

This has nothing to do with baseball other then it's where it took place but I just found this hilarious. I stumbled on it while watching some Phanatic videos to kill some time.

Old
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Tonight's game has been postponed.
Not a shocker. Weather is garbage.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
05-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Phileeguy
39.90N 75.17W

I've had bowel movements that stunk less, and were more solid than the Phillies' BP.

Old
05-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Good win. Entire division is over .500.

05-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Very nice. They usually lose when I catch them on TV so that felt good.

05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Very nice. They usually lose when I catch them on TV so that felt good.
So please stop watching them. K thanks .

Old
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

Only a game and a half back. Unfortunately I don't see the bullpen situation being resolved so the team can really only go so far.

Old
05-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

I have no idea how I want to feel about this team. I don't want them to be awful, since going through the summer with only a bad baseball team is excruciating, but on the other hand, I don't think this franchise goes anywhere with RAJ at the helm, so maybe losing isn't the worst thing.

Old
05-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
So please stop watching them. K thanks .
Haha, that's the thing, I only see them a few times a year. So the other losses aren't my fault. .

Old
05-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Phileeguy
39.90N 75.17W

So far, Phillies deserve one of these tonight.

Old
05-06-2014, 08:03 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
So far, Phillies deserve one of these tonight.

Asche says take that back

Old
05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Cole has been brutal.

Old
05-06-2014, 08:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Sat down and saw it was 5-0 in the bottom of the sixth and my bro asked me to what I wanted to watch, we were in the middle of deciding. Glad we didn't change it.

Old
05-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Phileeguy
39.90N 75.17W

Quote:
Cole has been brutal.
Cole's worst month ERA-wise and WHIP-wise is March/April. Considering he was pushed back nearly a month before his first start, maybe he's still in that first month frame of mind. Bats bailed him out in the 6th, but he better get back on track. I don't expect that to happen that often this year.

Old
05-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Ruben has to go. He turned a potential dynasty into a laughingstock.

Old
05-08-2014, 08:29 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
No kidding. Back in 2008, I thought: wow. The Phillies could be contenders for the next 5-8 years!

3 years. Get him away.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Phileeguy
39.90N 75.17W

I went out last night and (thankfully) missed most of the game. I caught some of the early stuff when it was still 1-0 and figured they had a shot. Boy, was I wrong. I checked my phone for the score by the time it ended and laughingly said "holy ****" when I saw it.

I'd post another facepalm pic, but I'm going to guess if I did that for this team every time they deserved it it would reach spam levels.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
It's such a huge what-if. What a moron.

Old
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Jtown

Quote:
in 2008 we had just won the ws, and had a top 5 farm system.

in 2009, raj made a great move by getting lee and trading away carrasco, knapp, donald, and marson... all those guys were in our top 10 but only 1 blue chip guy in knapp. None of those guys amounted to anything and we won that trade bigtime. we lost in 2009 because of cole hamels. If he was his usual self we wouldve gone back to back but he sucked that whole year. also lidge sucked.

in 2010 we did the lee and halladay swap. Huge mistake. Not because halladay wasn't great but he wasn't that much better than lee and we lost out on D'narud , drabek, and michael taylor, and got aumont jc ramierez and gilles out of lee. Of those 6 prospects the only one that has amounted to anything is D'anaurd.

Ruben also signed ibanez in 2010 which was an awesome signing for a while but eventually he slowed down. We lost to the giants in 2010 and in all honest it was the flukiest series of all time, so many weird plays like a ibanez hit off the wall that is a double in any other park but it bounced right to the outfielder that held him up at first.

2011, the team was getting older and he gave up a ransom for hunter pence at the trade deadline which was the right move because that looked to be the teams last year that they had a chance to win it alll. Singelton, cosart, santana were all dealt and considered all blue chippers. none have been impactful.

we also gave up ja happ and villar for oswalt but i forget which year.

Of all those prospect we traded none have amounted to anything with michael taylor and drabek being huge disappointments.

Looking back raj made the right decision every time . There is literally nothing more he could've done. The onlyl prospects that might come back to haunt us is singelton and d'naruad.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:08 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
And Anthony Gose. He may not reach his ceiling, but still a valuable asset. Villar if he figures it out could be Jean Segura like. Nice power and speed combo. Good glove.

The worst move was the Pence debacle. He gave up a ton and then comes right back the next year and flips him for a sub par package. In what world is Domingo Santana a player to be named later? Ridiculous. I still can't get over that. Out of that trade they could potentially get a middle rotation starter, a starting 1B, a bullpen piece, and possibly and power hitting corner outfielder.

In other news JP Crwaford looks like a good one and they will have the #7 pick next month.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:27 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
in 2008 we had just won the ws, and had a top 5 farm system.

in 2009, raj made a great move by getting lee and trading away carrasco, knapp, donald, and marson... all those guys were in our top 10 but only 1 blue chip guy in knapp. None of those guys amounted to anything and we won that trade bigtime. we lost in 2009 because of cole hamels. If he was his usual self we wouldve gone back to back but he sucked that whole year. also lidge sucked.

in 2010 we did the lee and halladay swap. Huge mistake. Not because halladay wasn't great but he wasn't that much better than lee and we lost out on D'narud , drabek, and michael taylor, and got aumont jc ramierez and gilles out of lee. Of those 6 prospects the only one that has amounted to anything is D'anaurd.

Ruben also signed ibanez in 2010 which was an awesome signing for a while but eventually he slowed down. We lost to the giants in 2010 and in all honest it was the flukiest series of all time, so many weird plays like a ibanez hit off the wall that is a double in any other park but it bounced right to the outfielder that held him up at first.

2011, the team was getting older and he gave up a ransom for hunter pence at the trade deadline which was the right move because that looked to be the teams last year that they had a chance to win it alll. Singelton, cosart, santana were all dealt and considered all blue chippers. none have been impactful.

Of all those prospect we traded none have amounted to anything with michael taylor and drabek being huge disappointments.

Looking back raj made the right decision every time . There is literally nothing more he could've done. The onlyl prospects that might come back to haunt us is singelton and d'naruad.
I agree, I'm not too upset about the prospects we've lost outside of the Pence trade. But, those moves were stupid. Trading Lee to Seattle made absolutely no sense to me. It's absolute ******** that the move was made because they couldn't have Lee and Halladay for some reason. On top of that trade making no sense and losing Lee, he got a heaping pile of crap as a return. I still think Cosart and Singleton will be pretty good. Villar, idk.

The signings he's made have pissed me off most of the time, as well. I still think they should've made a play at Michael Cuddyer.

Closed Thread