HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Immonen/Prucha don't get signed...

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
If Immonen/Prucha don't get signed...

Because of the reported two-way stick up, I'm gonna be a little mad. Shouldn't Glen have negotiated two-way for Ward as well?

This is from Aug. 5th's Post by Everson that may have went unnoticed.

Quote:
They signed 26-year-old forward Jason Ward to a two-year, one-way contract at 625G and 650G, as an unrestricted from Montreal, and 28-year-old Ville Nieminen, another unrestricted from Calgary.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
There are some players you try to nickel and dime (re: Euros), but when it's Jason Ward we're talking about, you just have to get the deal done.

Guess who's not going to Hartford this year no matter how much he sucks?

Old
08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
dumpsathernow*

"There are some players you try to nickel and dime (re: Euros), but when it's Jason Ward we're talking about, you just have to get the deal done.

Guess who's not going to Hartford this year no matter how much he sucks? "

Great post Kodiak. I totally agree. I mean, Ward, Purinton and Rucinsky. Can we just stop. I know we had to fill out the roster but geez....

Old
08-06-2005, 11:20 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
There are some players you try to nickel and dime (re: Euros), but when it's Jason Ward we're talking about, you just have to get the deal done.

I dont think the Rangers would have sent him to Hartford even if he did have a 2 way contract...that would mean he'd have to go on Waivers and im pretty sure someone who pick him up. He would have to clear waivers again to be called back to the Rangers as well.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Fish

Well the NHL makes it a requirement that entry level contracts be two-way contracts...so it's not Sather's fault on this one.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Well the NHL makes it a requirement that entry level contracts be two-way contracts...so it's not Sather's fault on this one.
But players of a certain age are not bound by the standard entry level contract. Under the old CBA, players 25 and older were not, but that was when the rights of Europeans were held much longer. I don't know what the age limit is under the new CBA.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Fish

Well Prucha and Immonen are 22 and 23 respectively...the new European free agent threshhold is 22 but they haven't explained how it will be applied to prior draft picks. I did hear that it might be enforced next summer, I think for players drafted in 2000 or before, I would guess it would then continue until it caught up.

At any rate, it's not very fair to hold someone responsible for something that is out of their control. And not much point when there's so much else that he could be held accountable for that has had a much greater impression than either of these two signings would have.

Old
08-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Is Immonen a free agent if he doesn't sign this year?

Old
08-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Is Immonen a free agent if he doesn't sign this year?
According his agent, yes. So Immonen and his agent has some advance in the negotiations because of this fact.

Old
08-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

If they don't get signed this year, neither of them will probably ever play for the Ranger organization.

And I'm sure if Sather really wanted either or both of them here, there are ways to ease the pain of a two-way contract. They haven't outlawed signing bonuses, have they?

Old
08-06-2005, 06:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Unless the NHL and IIHF agree on a transfer agreement,no prospect with a contract in Europe will be signed by any NHL team unless that NHL team negotiates a transfer fee with the European club team and NHL will frown at that

Old
08-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Fletch

If the Rangers were going to send...

Ward to Hartford, chances are he would suck and who cares if someone picks up a 26 year old with 100 games of NHL experience, coming off a 20 goal AHL season, and 10 NHL goals. The only reason he signed with the Rangers was because he has a one-way. With room under the cap, it doesn't matter much, although I'm not sure why the contract's for two years. Slats likes to try and find these kind of guys (still young, former #1 picks, and hope they fulfill their original promise).

Old
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If they don't get signed this year, neither of them will probably ever play for the Ranger organization.

And I'm sure if Sather really wanted either or both of them here, there are ways to ease the pain of a two-way contract. They haven't outlawed signing bonuses, have they?
Outlawed no...but they have regulated them for entry level contracts. Basically there's a cap on what Sather can offer them...

Old
08-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Outlawed no...but they have regulated them for entry level contracts. Basically there's a cap on what Sather can offer them...
Either way, I have no fear that Sather is trying to nickle and dime them.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Something new about Immonen. In a local newspapres JYP boss Jukka Seppänen was interviewed about Immonen's situation. Seppänen said he thinks Immonen will most likely move to the Rangers. It's isn't a done deal though. There's a new deadline for the IIHF/NHL deal and that deadline is at monday. If the deal gets done, Immonen's transfer is up to the Rangers. If there's no agreement Seppänen said JYP aren't going to force Immonen to stay here and it's only a negotiation issue, meaning a transfer fee. According to Seppänen, JYP isn't just going to let him leave if Sather just ask JYP to let him go. There have to be some money involved, how much? He wouldn't say.

So between the lines... Immonen will move if the Rangers offer him the role that satisfies him. The story did only have comments by Seppänen, not Immonen's agent or from the man himself. I think this is a great news if you're a Rangers fan. I still have mixed feelings about this and the people who know me, know why.

Old
08-12-2005, 10:50 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Something new about Immonen. In a local newspapres JYP boss Jukka Seppänen was interviewed about Immonen's situation. Seppänen said he thinks Immonen will most likely move to the Rangers. It's isn't a done deal though. There's a new deadline for the IIHF/NHL deal and that deadline is at monday. If the deal gets done, Immonen's transfer is up to the Rangers. If there's no agreement Seppänen said JYP aren't going to force Immonen to stay here and it's only a negotiation issue, meaning a transfer fee. According to Seppänen, JYP isn't just going to let him leave if Sather just ask JYP to let him go. There have to be some money involved, how much? He wouldn't say.

So between the lines... Immonen will move if the Rangers offer him the role that satisfies him. The story did only have comments by Seppänen, not Immonen's agent or from the man himself. I think this is a great news if you're a Rangers fan. I still have mixed feelings about this and the people who know me, know why.
Thanks for the news....I really hope so...if he comes over the off-season for me will be complete.

Old
08-13-2005, 01:25 AM
eco's bones

Hopefully Slats is on the ball for this one.

Old
08-13-2005, 04:17 AM
Balej20*

The Rangers should have plently of money to throw around if they have to negotiate some deals with some Euro clubs...atleast it will finally be money put to good use.

Old
08-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Fletch

Did you say satisfying role?

with a lock to compete for the fourth line center position, what can be more satisfying?

Old
08-13-2005, 07:47 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

He can still be sent to hartford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak

But, he still gets paid the same salary. Unlike a 2 way contract, when a player gets sent down, he gets paid the lower of the 2 salaries while inthe minors.

Old
08-13-2005, 08:08 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Because of the reported two-way stick up, I'm gonna be a little mad. Shouldn't Glen have negotiated two-way for Ward as well?

This is from Aug. 5th's Post by Everson that may have went unnoticed.
You say if they dont get signed , why is there some reason that you would think they still would, if Sather most likely done nothing by now i wouldnt expect it. Prucha is basically a no and for Immonen I would 75% no 25% yes he will be here.

Plus if signed they both would have to be in Hrtfd unless they get 3rd and 4th line spots which is what would happen. I would say get them both over hope trhey produc so when guys like Rucinsky, Straka are gone they could get some 2nd line even first line time.

Plus Sather is in love with Betts, do you actually think Sther would rather have 2 good playmaking prospects who could help the FUTURE OF NYR instead of Betts,hell no why would he,2 healthy euro prospects get some big time when he could give an injury prone Betts big time or any one of his genious FA signing's.

At times I look and wonder is Sather really as dumb as he is or is he just actually trying to ruin the future of the NYR's, I mean it may sound silly but it seems to bemore true. H e will low ball guys like Immonen and Prucha but sign betts for 6 or 7 hundred thousand or what ever it was. Sather wants people to know he is running the team and wont do what is necessary to help the NYR's cause that makes him seem like he has less power. THIS GUY NEEDS TO GO NOW, I dont think he is doing really any good for this organization. IMO.

Old
08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

In defence of Sather, didn't we critisize him for delaying the signing of Montoya? Let's just wait and see what happens.

Old
08-13-2005, 10:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel_master
In defence of Sather, didn't we critisize him for delaying the signing of Montoya? Let's just wait and see what happens.
Yeah Sather was going to nickle and dime Montoya.That was the popular mantra.Turns out Sather gave Montoya the max cap of $984k allowed for 2004 draft picks in the new CBA

Old
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
But, he still gets paid the same salary. Unlike a 2 way contract, when a player gets sent down, he gets paid the lower of the 2 salaries while inthe minors.
I'm aware of how a 1-way contract works. It was a jab at management because if there's one too many players on the roster, and they can send down a player with a 1-way contract or a 2-way contract, they're going to keep the 1-way player even if he sucks.

Old
08-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan

God, I hope there's a transfer deal in place so Slats doesn't have to negotiate the transfer fee.

"One dollar, Canadian, and that's my final offer for Immonen!"

Closed Thread