HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2014, 11:48 PM
  #901
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Go check out the rangers board. Some think they could get MSL. one just needs to stop and ask why would one of the better teams in the east trade their second best player right before the return of their star for a UFA? some crazy talk right there
They could. Marc Savard LTIR, that is

Ryker is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
  #902
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 15,480
vCash: 500
Callahan is breaking down faster than Richards. Hopefully some team is dumb enough to offer him 5 mill a year next year.

Jtown is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 08:41 AM
  #903
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
I am not going to fell sorry for the Ranger fans at all. They are expecting too much in return of Callahan. I get it, he is your captain, but he wants a boatload of money too. You aren't getting Martin St. Louis for him, or any first line winger to be honest.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:08 AM
  #904
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 200
Did someone seriously think they were getting MSL for Callahan?!?!

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:10 AM
  #905
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
Did someone seriously think they were getting MSL for Callahan?!?!
There is multiple fans thinking that's who is coming back. Boomer said that the other player was in the Olympics too.

This is a simple one. Micheal Raffl for Cally. Cally then signs a 5 year deal worth 5 million per season. We then flip him and every asset we have for that Pete Weber fellow who played for Canada.

If it does happen, Stevie Y deserves to get fired on the spot. They could easily get more for him. I would give more than that up for St Louis to play along side of Giroux.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:40 AM
  #906
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 50
Boomer predicted the klein trade a week before it happened

Flyerss is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:51 AM
  #907
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 633
Who is this Boomer fella and what might his twitter handle be? TIA.

eta: wait it's Boomer Esiason?! He knows hockey??

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:56 AM
  #908
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 15,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Who is this Boomer fella and what might his twitter handle be? TIA.

eta: wait it's Boomer Esiason?! He knows hockey??

Boomer esiason. Nfl mvp, One of the best qb's not in the hof ( along with randall) , been a staple on cbs nfl show for about a decade and is also a popular sports radio personality in nyc.

just google boomer esiason twitter

Jtown is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:59 AM
  #909
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Boomer esiason. Nfl mvp, One of the best qb's not in the hof ( along with randall) , been a staple on cbs nfl show for about a decade and is also a popular sports radio personality in nyc.

just google boomer esiason twitter

Just surprised it was that Boomer.

http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/bu...-could-be-big/

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:02 AM
  #910
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
If Martin St Louis was ever available, the Flyers should and most likely would be right in the middle of it to get him. We have Vinny, who we know are very good friends and also Homer wouldn't miss the opportunity to get a big named player like him. I think we could offer better than a UFA that probably won't re-sign and a conditional pick like the rumor package in the deal is.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:52 AM
  #911
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
If Martin St Louis was ever available, the Flyers should and most likely would be right in the middle of it to get him. We have Vinny, who we know are very good friends and also Homer wouldn't miss the opportunity to get a big named player like him. I think we could offer better than a UFA that probably won't re-sign and a conditional pick like the rumor package in the deal is.
no thanks

stop signing old players

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:58 AM
  #912
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no thanks

stop signing old players
didn't see he was still signed - edited.

dingbathero is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  #913
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,358
vCash: 500
Even at age 38 I would take him. He just won the art ross last year. He is in great physical shape and still skated like the wind. I have no problem with his age. Also is signed through next year.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 01:33 PM
  #914
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,351
vCash: 880
What would people think about adding one of the enigma's at the deadline to potentially play with Giroux and Voracek?

Havlat?
Heatley?
Hemsky?
Vanek?
Erat?

If we could flip Meszaros and/or Grossmann and/or Downie for any of these guys, it'd certainly lighten the blow of their massive contracts (Erat's isn't big at all). Vanek is almost assured to be a rental. There are other (old) big names who are UFAs next year at forward who might be had like Jagr, Cammalleri, Iginla, Alfredsson, Gionta, Legwand, O. Jokinen, Whitney, etc...then younger guys like Vrbata, Callahan, Roy, Michalek, Kulemin, Stasny.

I'd certainly be open to having Erat or Hemsky come through, personally...assuming Callahan, Kulemin, and Vrbata can't be had for Mez/Grossmann/Downie/mid-late picks

sobrien is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 01:44 PM
  #915
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 7,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
What would people think about adding one of the enigma's at the deadline to potentially play with Giroux and Voracek?

Havlat?
Heatley?
Hemsky?
Vanek?
Erat?

If we could flip Meszaros and/or Grossmann and/or Downie for any of these guys, it'd certainly lighten the blow of their massive contracts (Erat's isn't big at all). Vanek is almost assured to be a rental. There are other (old) big names who are UFAs next year at forward who might be had like Jagr, Cammalleri, Iginla, Alfredsson, Gionta, Legwand, O. Jokinen, Whitney, etc...then younger guys like Vrbata, Callahan, Roy, Michalek, Kulemin, Stasny.

I'd certainly be open to having Erat or Hemsky come through, personally...assuming Callahan, Kulemin, and Vrbata can't be had for Mez/Grossmann/Downie/mid-late picks
Most of those guys are RW's so I don't see them playing with G-Jake. I'd rather try and get some undervalued D-man like a Kris Russell. Hopefully they don't make a desperation move though. This team is not suited to make a long run. No sense in trading a long term asset for the short term.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 01:53 PM
  #916
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Oh man, this delusional blogger on hockeybuzz is speculating things like Callahan for Lucic, Pacioretty or Simmonds.... I don't understand how someone could legitimately believe any of those deals could happen. The stupidity doesn't process in my brain.

orange is better is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  #917
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
he's not very good defensively
He's just as good defensively as most of the guys we already have. Plus he's elite offensively.

flyersfan018 is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 04:20 PM
  #918
kelmitchell
Registered User
 
kelmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Smyrna delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Don't laugh serious question, is the roster freeze over now? Or is it until the first game back on tuesday ??

kelmitchell is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
  #919
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
Don't laugh serious question, is the roster freeze over now? Or is it until the first game back on tuesday ??
Midnight tonight.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
  #920
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,131
vCash: 500
Yeah I know it's Eklund, but ya never know...

BTW I'm not a fan of any of those players unless the deal is an absolute steal.

Quote:
The Flyers appear to be targeting Andrew MacDonald from the islanders as well as Dustin Byfuglien... They would not be acquiring both players...Trevor Daley looks like he may be another option...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/58175

The Couturier Effect is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:34 PM
  #921
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,717
vCash: 500
and here... we go.

SuchySays is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 09:57 PM
  #922
Striiker
Non-factor
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
This might be a dumb question, but what are the chances that a trade actually happens right after midnight (obviously assuming a trade was already worked out in advance)? Would that ever happen or would they just wait until tomorrow during the day?

Striiker is online now  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:11 PM
  #923
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Yeah I know it's Eklund, but ya never know...

BTW I'm not a fan of any of those players unless the deal is an absolute steal.



http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/58175
I love how everyone here acts as if they don't believe what he says and are afraid to admit they actually do

Ryker is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:20 PM
  #924
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
I wonder what it would take to get Kulikov from FLA?

Leighton +?

lancer247 is offline  
Old
02-23-2014, 10:24 PM
  #925
Striiker
Non-factor
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I wonder what it would take to get Kulikov from FLA?

Leighton +?
haha I think you mean Laughton, Leighton wouldn't be worth a dirty towel if he was still here.

Striiker is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.