HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #56: PENGUINS @ KINGS - Thursday, 1/30/14 @ 7:30 pm PST {TV FS-W, Root}

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
Back up in net?

Old
01-30-2014, 06:05 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I like switching Dustin Brown over to the right side, sometimes having him switch sides can make him "reset" and start to find his game again.

I don't like Lewis on a scoring line though... god I don't like that at all.

So we're facing a backup goalie AND he's a former Kings player/prospect? That's a double curse, the last time that happened (Sharks, backup + NBC) we won so I think we're good!

Old
01-30-2014, 06:08 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I like switching Dustin Brown over to the right side, sometimes having him switch sides can make him "reset" and start to find his game again.

I don't like Lewis on a scoring line though... god I don't like that at all.

So we're facing a backup goalie AND he's a former Kings player/prospect? That's a double curse, the last time that happened (Sharks, backup + NBC) we won so I think we're good!
Former Kings players/prospects just score goals on us... oh...

Old
01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
MynameisKing

Let's see here: Will the Kings learn from the Pens about how to win games with offense in the regular season OR The Pens learn from the Kings how to win with defense in the playoffs. You know what's gonna happen? The Pens beat the Kings with their own brand of defense. It's their offense!

Old
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Trolfoli

uuuhhhggg!!! Just going to DVR this game and take a nap to try to get over this flu.... So if the Kings win I don't want the "where are all the critics now" people to wonder what happened.

I'll just be happy if the Kings get more then 4 goals before the break. It's like the economy, you just have to readjust your expectations!!!

Old
01-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
uuuhhhggg!!! Just going to DVR this game and take a nap to try to get over this flu.... So if the Kings win I don't want the "where are all the critics now" people to wonder what happened.

I'll just be happy if the Kings get more then 4 goals before the break. It's like the economy, you just have to readjust your expectations!!!
LOL

I'll be sure to pour one out for the homies.

01-30-2014, 06:42 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Zatkoff starting tonight? Yup, we're getting shutout tonight. You just know its going to happen.

Old
01-30-2014, 06:47 PM
KingCanadain1976

Were finally back at home Kings 3 pits 1 Go Kings Go

Old
01-30-2014, 06:53 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

What would the moral victory be here? Avoiding the shutout? If so, I'm all up for just getting the moral victory.

Old
01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
lexlavender

Quote:
OK I'm starting to really worry at this point. Even PUCK U is getting down.

Hope Muzzin/Stoll take about 10 penalties each so the Kings get a chance to study up on the power play. Good to get to see Scuds again.

Line rushes from Kings insider.

King/Kopitar/Carter
Lewis/Richards/Williams
Clifford/Stoll/Brown
Nolan/Fraser/Toffoli
Frattin

I know did I just make this up to F with people or is this what Sutter's going to run!!!!
This just shows how truly garbage our left wing depth is. If we had the same quality wingers on our left as we do our right, we would be guaranteed the cup every year. Serious, look our right, and imagine the same thing but on the left. insane how lopsided this team is. I can't believe we let penner walk for nothing AND traded gagne for practically nothing. I love deano, but the way he has dealt with this issue is baffling.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Score a goal!

Old
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
theMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
Zatkoff starting tonight? Yup, we're getting shutout tonight. You just know its going to happen.
bite your tongue bucko

Old
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'd like to see the Kings players take a few cheapshots and start a melee. F it! This is the perfect team to do it with. I hate these Peter puffers.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:27 PM
AlabamaKingsFan

This is the exact type of game quick dominates.kings 4 pit 0

Old
01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlavender View Post
This just shows how truly garbage our left wing depth is. If we had the same quality wingers on our left as we do our right, we would be guaranteed the cup every year. Serious, look our right, and imagine the same thing but on the left. insane how lopsided this team is. I can't believe we let penner walk for nothing AND traded gagne for practically nothing. I love deano, but the way he has dealt with this issue is baffling.
It's a cap world. Every team is going to have a hole somewhere. If Brown was doing his usual thing, and King was having his current season, the left side looks somewhat better.

Frolov and O'Sullivan years ago. Cammalleri at times too. Cammalleri was leaving for the money, and unfortunately the 1st round pick that the Kings got for him didn't turn into anything. O'Sullivan went for Williams. That left Frolov. The Kings get Smyth, and have him and Frolov. Frolov ends up leaving because the Kings were going for Kovalchuk. The Kings obviously miss out on Kovalchuk, and Ponikarovsky comes in. He's not the answer, so they trade for Penner. Now it's Smyth/Penner/Ponikarovsky. Smyth then gets traded, Ponikarovsky leaves, and the Kings sign Gagne. Penner and Gagne sounded good, but Penner was awful, and Gagne got hurt. The Kings then trade for Carter, and move Brown to the left side in the absence of Gagne. The next year, Brown/Penner/Gagne are around, but Gagne doesn't fit and gets dealt, and Penner has yet another bad regular season. Penner then leaves because the cap goes down, King has a surprising season, but Brown can't buy a point on the road this year. Quite the trek.

Gagne isn't even in the league anymore, so no use crying over that milk.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:37 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Guess what...we get another back up goalie tonight in former King prospect Jeff Zatkoff. It's now official, teams know if they play their back up against LA, the chances of winning increases. 5 of the last 7 games, teams have used their back ups against the Kings and including tonight...3 straight games.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:42 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Just score, baby.
Fixed it.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:50 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Guess what...we get another back up goalie tonight in former King prospect Jeff Zatkoff. It's now official, teams know if they play their back up against LA, the chances of winning increases. 5 of the last 7 games, teams have used their back ups against the Kings and including tonight...3 straight games.
In the infamous last 18 games, the Kings have scored 27 non-EN/SO goals. 7 of those goals came in games against Boston and St.Louis for some reason. In the other 16 games, the Kings have scored 20 goals, for an average of 1.25 per game. An AHL backup could do well against the Kings right now.

The funny thing is that Pittsburgh is 4th overall in goals against. Boston and St.Louis have been in the top 3 all year long, and the Kings scored goals against them recently. So that must mean 3 or 4 goals tonight for the Kings. Because why not?

Old
01-30-2014, 07:52 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
OK I'm starting to really worry at this point. Even PUCK U is getting down.

Hope Muzzin/Stoll take about 10 penalties each so the Kings get a chance to study up on the power play. Good to get to see Scuds again.

Line rushes from Kings insider.

King/Kopitar/Carter
Lewis/Richards/Williams
Clifford/Stoll/Brown
Nolan/Fraser/Toffoli
Frattin

I know did I just make this up to F with people or is this what Sutter's going to run!!!!
Well in all fairness to Lewis, he did have that real good shift in ANA [the 1st shift of the game], that lead to the only goal in the 2-1 loss last week. Sutter must still rewarding him for that effort.

Old
01-30-2014, 07:58 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
In the infamous last 18 games, the Kings have scored 27 non-EN/SO goals. 7 of those goals came in games against Boston and St.Louis for some reason. In the other 16 games, the Kings have scored 20 goals, for an average of 1.25 per game. An AHL backup could do well against the Kings right now.

The funny thing is that Pittsburgh is 4th overall in goals against. Boston and St.Louis have been in the top 3 all year long, and the Kings scored goals against them recently. So that must mean 3 or 4 goals tonight for the Kings. Because why not?
I know, totally mindblowing. This isn't even a back to back situation for the Pens either. They played Monday and don't play again until Saturday, yet they sit Fluery .

Old
01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I know, totally mindblowing. This isn't even a back to back situation for the Pens either. They played Monday and don't play again until Saturday, yet they sit Fluery .
Locker room material imo. I'd be pissed if I were a player.

We're going to see an offensive explosion of three goals tonight. I feel it in my bones.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
Locker room material imo. I'd be pissed if I were a player.

We're going to see an offensive explosion of three goals tonight. I feel it in my bones.
Sad that we're at a point where three goals is an explosion

Old
01-30-2014, 08:20 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

If we score three goals and win, I'm buying everyone falafel or a cup of rain water. I haven't decided yet.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
If we score three goals and win, I'm buying everyone falafel or a cup of rain water. I haven't decided yet.
I'll steal everyone a car.

Old
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
takk

Quick begrudges Scrivens right now, he probably wishes to face 60 shots tonight.

Closed Thread