HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How 'bout those Monarch lines???

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
How 'bout those Monarch lines???

Clarke / Lehoux / TK
Roussin / Ryan / Hogeboom
Karlsson* / Steckel* / Parros
Brad Smythe / ??? / Kanko

*assumes contracts happen
** I really don't know if Cammalleri will make the Kings or not. Flinn is in this category, too. Do you think Barney would stay around, or would he move on??

Old
08-06-2005, 10:24 AM
dafranchz

Kanko -->I 've never heard of a fourth line sniper.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
Kanko may have left his sniper-skillz with the Kitchener Rangers. We'll have to wait and see. I'd have included him in the Monarch's top-6 but, last season (with all the injuries), Kanko didn't produce on the top two lines. However, he never failed in the "energy/aggitation" 3rd/4th line role.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Clarke / Lehoux / TK
Roussin / Ryan / Hogeboom
Karlsson* / Steckel* / Parros
Brad Smythe / ??? / Kanko

*assumes contracts happen
** I really don't know if Cammalleri will make the Kings or not. Flinn is in this category, too. Do you think Barney would stay around, or would he move on??
I can assure you Smyth wont be on the 4th line. And TK will be in L.A.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:22 AM
10 ft. pole

You can count on Pushkarev in Manchester as well. Him and Grebs should be fun to talk about.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:24 AM
King Blazer

TK is more likely to be in L.A. than Manchester...

They used Smyth as a RW on the first line with Cammalleri and Brown last season. Brown played on the LW all season here in Manchester. Smyth's more likely to be the RW on the Lehoux Clarke line...

I'd push Kanko up onto the left side of the Steckel-Parros line. He spent time there when he was healthy last season. Speaking of Kanko, he's spent a lot of time on the LW here in Manchester. Not sure if the left is the side the Kings project him on. His game and AM's systems tend to have me thinking he's being/been moved onto the left side...

Ryan couldn't handle the 2nd line center role last season. They went out and signed David Hymovitz just before the start of the playoffs to center the second line. It's a new year and Ryan spending the summer weight training in L.A. is a step in the right direction. I'm skeptical about him as the #2 center in Manchester, BUT that's exactly where Gilmore indicated he'd be slotted...

I'll be shocked if Cammalleri is in Manchester...

Please send Flinn to Bakersfield or Reading instead...

Pushkarev could end up back in the Juniors as an over-age player but then Calgary would have to use 2 exemptions on him. No idea if they'd want to do that or not?

No idea if they'll offer center Tyler Harrison an AHL contract or not. He could be the 4th center.

Manchester IS an option for Kopitar... Because he was drafted in the first round, he can play in the AHL this year. The four options for Kopitar are Kings, Monarchs, CHL or Europe. I'd be very surprised if he cracks the Kings line-up so that leaves the two N.A. options as AHL or CHL. If they're going to send him to the Juniors I'm sure they're aware that Regina (hold his rights) was the last place team in the WHL last season. The Pats went 12-50-4-6...No idea of where Regina projects to finish this season. I wouldn't be too flipped about them sending Kopitar there if they're projected to suck. Maybe they'll just let him stay in Europe for another year?

I think Barney will probably have to sign an AHL deal somewhere. He's had too many injuries for any NHL team to take a chance IMO. Would the Kings sign him to an AHL deal? I think it depends in part on if they decide to bring some of the Euros over and which ones they do bring. If he wouldn't be taking time away from others than maybe they'll go for it but even then I don't know if they'd do it...

It will be interesting to see where Connor James lands this season...

Last edited by King Blazer: 08-06-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old
08-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I can assure you Smyth wont be on the 4th line. And TK will be in L.A.
True about Smythe. Dunno what I was thinking. Here 'ya go:

Clarke / Lehoux / TK (I'm thinking he'll bounce around between the Kings and 'Narchs)
Roussin / Smythe / Hogeboom
Karlsson / Steckel / Parros
James / Ryan / Kanko

Better? Yes, Smythe isn't a center, but if Cam makes the big club and Steckel isn't offered a contract, the Monarchs will have to convert wingmen to centers.

BTW.....why hasn't a coach been announced yet? Training camp opens in, like, 3-ish weeks!

Old
08-06-2005, 11:33 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
BTW.....why hasn't a coach been announced yet? Training camp opens in, like, 3-ish weeks!
I think they're waiting for people to forget that the guy they're going to announce (Hughes) is a guy they fired, excuse me, "relieved of his coaching responsibilities" a while back. Also, by waiting, it gives the impression that they actually considered others. IMO, it's gonna be Jim Hughes. No link, no "inside source" unless you consider my gut as an inside source...

Also, the AHL schedule was just released yesterday so they probably had to confirm availability with all the candidates before making their final decision...

Old
08-06-2005, 11:38 AM
jt

You better put Cammy in there...there's no room for him on the Kings unless they trade someone...maybe Brown too.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:50 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
You better put Cammy in there...there's no room for him on the Kings unless they trade someone...maybe Brown too.
Brown is going to play in L.A. on the left side, probably 3rd line to start....
Cammalleri will skate on a RW for JR or Conroy...

See, there's room for both of them...

Old
08-06-2005, 11:58 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Someone

I don't even want to answer this one!

Old
08-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Cosmos

[QUOTE=King Blazer]
Manchester IS an option for Kopitar... Because he was drafted in the first round, he can play in the AHL this year. The four options for Kopitar are Kings, Monarchs, CHL or Europe. I'd be very surprised if he cracks the Kings line-up so that leaves the two N.A. options as AHL or CHL. QUOTE]

Used to be that a drafted player under 20 yr options were the big club, college or juniors.

Did the NHL change the reqirement where an 18 yr old draftee can be assigned to the clubs minor league team?

Old
08-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Capn Brown

Re: Kopitar......

I was under the impression that a player had to be at least 20 to play in the AHL...?? Did the rules recently change? I remember Brown's rookie year. The Kings could either keep him on their roster or send him back to his junior team, but he couldn't go to the Monarchs due to age restrictions.

Rules permitting, I'd DEFINATELY love to have Kopitar in Manchester! I seriously doubt he's got anything left to learn in Europe......

Old
08-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Capn Brown

Cosmos, you were quicker on the draw!

Old
08-06-2005, 12:17 PM
King Blazer

[QUOTE=Cosmos]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Manchester IS an option for Kopitar... Because he was drafted in the first round, he can play in the AHL this year. The four options for Kopitar are Kings, Monarchs, CHL or Europe. I'd be very surprised if he cracks the Kings line-up so that leaves the two N.A. options as AHL or CHL. QUOTE]

Used to be that a drafted player under 20 yr options were the big club, college or juniors.

Did the NHL change the reqirement where an 18 yr old draftee can be assigned to the clubs minor league team?
I'ts my understanding that players drafted in the first round of the NHL draft are eligible to be assigned to the AHL. Kevin Gilmore confirmed this earlier in the week during his interview on nhsportsradio.com. I know it's going to upset a lot of the CHL fans, but in the end, there are players under 20-yrs old that are between the CHL and NHL in their skills set and maturity.

It is also my understanding that the NHL is still working out their agreement with the CHL. The previous agreement expired about the same time as the NHL CBA and the NHL chose to focus on their CBA...

Old
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Fat Elvis

Don't forget Neilson, Ryan Murphy, Connor James and even Dan Welch.
IMO they won't sign Karlsson ever if he wants 1st round $$
TK will be in LA
Don't be suprised to see the Kings bring over Andrei Shefer, it's almost now or never for him and Murry did say he might be that Euro coming over.
I'd love to see Mantyla over as well, to play wing.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Captain Ron

[QUOTE=Cosmos]
Quote:
We don't know all the possible changes since the F**king NHL will not let us see the damn CBA....... ..............

end rant

Old
08-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Cosmos

Quote:
Cosmos, you were quicker on the draw!

Old
08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
I'ts my understanding that players drafted in the first round of the NHL draft are eligible to be assigned to the AHL. Kevin Gilmore confirmed this earlier in the week during his interview on nhsportsradio.com. I know it's going to upset a lot of the CHL fans, but in the end, there are players under 20-yrs old that are between the CHL and NHL in their skills set and maturity.

It is also my understanding that the NHL is still working out their agreement with the CHL. The previous agreement expired about the same time as the NHL CBA and the NHL chose to focus on their CBA...
Holy crap! In that case:

Clarke / Lehoux / Smythe

Roussin / Kopitar* / Pushkarev*

Kanko / Steckel* / Parros

James / Ryan / Hogeboom

*assumes contract
With Barney, Flinn, and Karlsson as possible plug-ins

Old
08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
We don't know all the possible changes since the F**king NHL will not let us see the damn CBA....... ..............

end rant
I think the changes you're looking for are in the agreement between the NHL and the CHL and not in the NHL CBA...Last I knew, the agreement between the NHL and CHL was still being worked out because the NHL chose to work out the CBA with the players first...

Last edited by King Blazer: 08-06-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 12:34 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Holy crap! In that case:

Clarke / Lehoux / Smythe

Roussin / Kopitar* / Pushkarev*

Kanko / Steckel* / Parros

James / Ryan / Hogeboom

*assumes contract
With Barney, Flinn, and Karlsson as possible plug-ins
Kopitar and the Euros will have to be done by August 15th. (Euro transfer deadline) if they want to get them over here for this season. That gives them a little more than a week to get it done...

Old
08-06-2005, 12:37 PM
monarchs0102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
Thats because he is not a sniper! can't find the back of the net!!!!He belongs on the 4th line!!!

Old
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
TK signed a one way deal with the Kings. He will be in LA

From the looks of things I would expect the Kings to run 3 offensive lines, maybe a line of youth like Cammy one or two others in the role of the former energy line.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchs0102
Thats because he is not a sniper! can't find the back of the net!!!!He belongs on the 4th line!!!
Kanko had a rough year last year and needs to play on one of the top 2 lines to be effective.

I only saw a few Monarchs games on TVlast year, but I talk to a lot of Monarchs fans and people in the organization. I have seen Kanko play a lot and he was out of his element last year. Playing him on one of the bottom lines if like playing Luc Robitaille on one of them...doesn't work.

In Monarchs terms, It would be like playing Lehoux on one of the bottom lines

Old
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
In Monarchs terms, It would be like playing Lehoux on one of the bottom lines
Watched that for his first two seasons, I'll pass thanks...

Closed Thread