HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfredsson MUST GO !

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Why you don't trade Alfie

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawac...4-df47192d5e2c

"It was a great experience in my home town and it was the first big thing I'd won since junior," he said yesterday. "But obviously I dream of winning the Stanley Cup in Ottawa. And that's what I was thinking. It was nice to win at home, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the one I want."

He wants the cup! There is no way Ottawa trades a player who desperately wants to play for them and win.

"Alfredsson hopes the team can come to an agreement with winger Marian Hossa, who isn't pleased with an offer of $8 million over two seasons.

"If he gets a deal worked out with Ottawa or he ends up going to arbitration, he's going to do whatever's best for the team," said Alfredsson.

"There's no question about it. That's the kind of character he is. I don't expect anything else from him, either."

Strong words from the captain. It seems as if he's kind og half-lecturing Hossa. Great strategy nonethless.

Old
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/news/sports/story.html?id=f4ffd949-bf5d-4f59-8b04-df47192d5e2c

"It was a great experience in my home town and it was the first big thing I'd won since junior," he said yesterday. "But obviously I dream of winning the Stanley Cup in Ottawa. And that's what I was thinking. It was nice to win at home, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the one I want."

He wants the cup! There is no way Ottawa trades a player who desperately wants to play for them and win.

"Alfredsson hopes the team can come to an agreement with winger Marian Hossa, who isn't pleased with an offer of $8 million over two seasons.

"If he gets a deal worked out with Ottawa or he ends up going to arbitration, he's going to do whatever's best for the team," said Alfredsson.

"There's no question about it. That's the kind of character he is. I don't expect anything else from him, either."

Strong words from the captain. It seems as if he's kind og half-lecturing Hossa. Great strategy nonethless.
Dammit. I started a thread for this article but it seems you posted this before I finished putting it together. Oh well.

Old
08-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=164430

Old
08-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

What's with all these fans of Canadian teams ranting about their European captains like Toronto with Sundin, Koivu with Montreal, and now Alfredsson with Ottawa.

Old
08-20-2005, 01:49 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan313
What's with all these fans of Canadian teams ranting about their European captains like Toronto with Sundin, Koivu with Montreal, and now Alfredsson with Ottawa.
And what's with fans who say a team can't win with a European as captain?

Besides, the important part with regards to Alfredsson is that he's a team player dedicated to Ottawa winning the Cup. That's what's good to read if you're a Sens fan.

Old
08-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan313
They're the same schmucks who were preaching that you can't win a Cup with a European goalie before Hasek and Khabibulin scared them away.

Old
08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Jasper

vCash: 707
What a stupid thread. If Ottawa won the cup in the past few years you'd have Redden on your list. Alfedsson is the heart and soul of this team and he doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. How do you propose that this team gets better by removing him.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Release The Lehner

I said ALFREDSSON doesn't have what it takes.

Then I said if you want to find a player that does then the best place to look is Canada. Sure a few Europeans have popped up and contributed here and there but the CONSTANT in almost every team since 1990 is a Canadian.

When there is a European or American as either the Captain or Conn Smythe winner every single year for 15 years (12 of 15 both were Canadian) then you can say something.

Old
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator

Then I said if you want to find a player that does then the best place to look is Canada. Sure a few Europeans have popped up and contributed here and there but the CONSTANT in almost every team since 1990 is a Canadian.

When there is a European or American as either the Captain or Conn Smythe winner every single year for 15 years (12 of 15 both were Canadian) then you can say something.
Hey, you're right!

They were all white too! So I hope they never make a black guy a captain... in fact they should strip Iginla of it right now!

Old
08-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
This is so full of it... The reason there is such a disproportionate number of Canadians winning these awards is simply because there is a disproportionate number of Canadians playing in the league! Europeans, particularly Russians did not start to come over in any meaningful way until the late eighties and even then it was more of a trickle. To be a captain of a hockey team requires many exceptional personality traits and Canadians do not have a monopoly on those. You must of been one of those people who really missed Don Cherry last year.

Old
08-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Release The Lehner

And why is there a disproportionate number of Canadians ?

Simple...

Because Canada produces better hockey players than other countries.

Therefore...

If you were looking to find an elite hockey player to lead a team to a Stanley Cup the most probable place to find one would be in Canada.

Old
08-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Raging Bull

C'mon Mr. Cherry, don't you have better things to do than post nonsense on hockey boards? We know it's you.....the gigs up!

Old
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
And why is there a disproportionate number of Canadians ?

Simple...
Because Canada produces better hockey players than other countries.
Therefore...
If you were looking to find an elite hockey player to lead a team to a Stanley Cup the most probable place to find one would be in Canada.
It is not even worth discussing anymore. You can find re-runs of All in the Family on the Deja Vu network.

Old
08-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Release The Lehner

I'm sorry. Normally I'd be frolicking through a field with my dog; but he hurt himself

http://www.di-links.com/link1780.html

And stoopid Kypreos and Bill Waters won't let me come play water baloon tag with them

Old
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Release The Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat

It is not even worth discussing anymore. You can find re-runs of All in the Family on the Deja Vu network.
I'm not the one who revived the thread after 2 weeks.

Old
08-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
I'm not the one who revived the thread after 2 weeks.
And I wasn't the one who started this stupid thread!

Old
08-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Release The Lehner

Quote:

And I wasn't the one who started this stupid thread!
I thought you weren't gonna talk anymore

Old
08-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
I thought you weren't gonna talk anymore
I wasn't talking I was writing!

Old
08-21-2005, 11:11 AM
nneate

Quote:
I wasn't talking I was writing!
I know you are but what am I?

Old
08-21-2005, 11:16 AM
discostu

I think this thread has run it's course.

Closed Thread