HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYR Permit other teams to talk to Callahan's agent

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2014, 01:32 PM
  #426
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
In a pipedream world I think Callahan should be taken by the devils at the deadline. Not too many contenders at this point have the cap space to take on a 4.275M cap hit, and those SHOULD be the ones that are going to need him. Kind of to convince him to come play for us in the future. We are only 3 points out of a playoff spot so we're not out of the race yet.

We're missing a young captain and Salvador's time is dwindling with every game he plays. Then again with how the Vanek trade turned out this doesn't look like something Lou would do. Maybe try to wait until he hits the market and make him an offer then.
What exactly does "taken" mean? What are the Devils sending to the Rangers for their Captain?

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 02:00 PM
  #427
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
What exactly does "taken" mean? What are the Devils sending to the Rangers for their Captain?
Kidnapped. The Devils want to kidnap Ryan Callahan

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:37 AM
  #428
monochrome
Registered User
 
monochrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ/IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats Zuccarelli View Post
Kidnapped. The Devils want to kidnap Ryan Callahan
Yes, thats exactly it.

I say "Taken" because I really do not know what the Rangers need. I'd rather say something broad then suggest guys who NYR do not need only to be exorcised by fans who do know the needs of the Rangers.

The most attractive thing may be picks, since we aren't doing so hot our picks may be relatively early. We did it for Schneider, we could do it again. We don't have too many exciting prospects and the ones that are I'm sure Lou will not get rid of.

monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 11:48 AM
  #429
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
Yes, thats exactly it.

I say "Taken" because I really do not know what the Rangers need. I'd rather say something broad then suggest guys who NYR do not need only to be exorcised by fans who do know the needs of the Rangers.

The most attractive thing may be picks, since we aren't doing so hot our picks may be relatively early. We did it for Schneider, we could do it again. We don't have too many exciting prospects and the ones that are I'm sure Lou will not get rid of.
From you guys?

Jagr, probably, but Callahan for Jagr just isn't smart for us no matter how much sense it appears to make.

Picks and prospects might work, but we'd need an NHL-ready kind of prospect. I'm guessing we don't get anywhere near Gelinas or Larsson

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM
  #430
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I had one exclamation point in my thread. Not sure why you're goign all drama queen in your thread?
You gave a snarky response and got one in return.

I fail to see how or why you're shocked by this.

Quote:
Maybe because you seem to expect something that hasn't ever happened in the NHL? (I'm not including the Hossa sign & trade because he wasn't aware that he was going to be traded when he signed the deal with OTT).
So you knowingly then gave me a snarky response while putting words in mouth (apparently going off what the insiders say is expecting it to happen) and then contradicting yourself by citing an example and the realizing after you did so, you disqualified it because it didn't fit into your argument.

You're batting 1.000. Keep up the good work.


Last edited by The Amity Affliction: 02-07-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Autocorrect
The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
  #431
gqmixmaster
Registered User
 
gqmixmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
The Rangers offered him a 5/30 contract. 6m per. Callahan declined.

So you're wrong, they do think he's worth 6m. They just don't think he's worth that money over 7 years.
maybe he just doesn't want to play for the rangers anymore

I know that if I were a pending UFA I would rather sign in the offseason because it means the value that would be paid to the rangers in terms of players or picks via a trade will instead go to himself in the form of money via a bid up in the UFA season.

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
  #432
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts
 
The Amity Affliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
Yes, thats exactly it.

I say "Taken" because I really do not know what the Rangers need. I'd rather say something broad then suggest guys who NYR do not need only to be exorcised by fans who do know the needs of the Rangers.

The most attractive thing may be picks, since we aren't doing so hot our picks may be relatively early. We did it for Schneider, we could do it again. We don't have too many exciting prospects and the ones that are I'm sure Lou will not get rid of.
Honestly, it would probably take something ridiculous for a rival like the Devils, Isles or Pens to get Callahan.

I know someone who worked for Sather and he's a vindictive SOB, there's a good chance that he'd demand something from them to the point where it kills ANY discussion.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.