HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where will Ziggy sign?

View Poll Results: Where will Ziggy sign?
Detroit 7 8.97%
Florida 3 3.85%
Los Angeles 43 55.13%
Toronto 5 6.41%
Other 20 25.64%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Game Misconduct

vCash: 500
Where will Ziggy sign?

Prediction time.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:17 PM
guzmania

San Jose

Old
08-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Captain Ron

Detroit and Toronto do not have the cap room. So between Florida and the Kings I believe he would choose LA. Hey Guz....San Jose hasn't made any moves yet why would they start now?

Old
08-05-2005, 06:24 PM
guzmania

Because they haven't made any moves yet and they might be stung by Kariya going to Nashville. This division is going to be a dogfight. Load up now or load out early in April. They lack that high end scoring punch even worse than the Kings did last week. Sometimes when GMs hearts are broken the get silly on the rebound.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Prediction time.
mmmmmhmmmm---jinxing time

KJ, please, close this thread

Old
08-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Captain Ron

Why would anyone say Detroit? Where do you think the Wings are getting this money. They are already at the cap and are trying to figure out how to sign Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
mmmmmhmmmm---jinxing time

KJ, please, close this thread
This coming from the guy who jinxed us in the Crosby lottery......

Old
08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
This coming from the guy who jinxed us in the Crosby lottery......
LOL

I knew this was coming...

And btw, I didn't jinx anybody, it wasn't me who designed the avatar.
Come on Bob, don't blame...we've still got Kopitar after all...

Old
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
LOL

I knew this was coming...

And btw, I didn't jinx anybody, it wasn't me who designed the avatar.
Come on Bob, don't blame...we've still got Kopitar after all...
I am not complaining about Kopitar.. In fact I am excited the Kings got him. But it is odd hearing you bring up jinxes. You may not have designed the Avitar but you did petition all Kings fans to change theirs.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I am not complaining about Kopitar.. In fact I am excited the Kings got him. But it is odd hearing you bring up jinxes. You may not have designed the Avitar but you did petition all Kings fans to change theirs.
That's true, I started the thread.
The funny thing is that I'm italian and by definition VERY superstitious about sports (thank God only about sports). By example, I can't stand "Predictions threads" before the games, that's the worst jinx you can find. I don't know why I had that idea about Crosby, maybe just to make some noise, it was a kind of game, that's it.
But once the regular season will start, things will get serious.

Old
08-05-2005, 06:56 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

NY Isles should have been a choice.

but I think he will end up back in LA.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
NY Isles should have been a choice.

but I think he will end up back in LA.
I think the Islanders dropped out of the bidding when they signed Satan. The Rangers have been rumored though. I am not sure how serious they are.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
You are going to get to many votes for us because everyone here wants him and is believing he cant go anywhere but to us

Old
08-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
You are going to get to many votes for us because everyone here wants him and is believing he cant go anywhere but to us
Actually I am trying to look at the situation objectively. Who really can afford the money to get Palffy and has the cap room? Maybe 2 or 3 teams. The advantage that we have is that Ziggy has already played here, he knows the team really wants him, and we have Demitra.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Face Wash

Minnesota maybe...

Old
08-06-2005, 01:41 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Because they haven't made any moves yet and they might be stung by Kariya going to Nashville. This division is going to be a dogfight. Load up now or load out early in April. They lack that high end scoring punch even worse than the Kings did last week. Sometimes when GMs hearts are broken the get silly on the rebound.
I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". SJ skull *****ed our division with a bunch of nobody's the last season. They have team speed, grit, good defense, and great goaltending. They really don't have to do much. They don't even really need to market, because there isn't ***** to do in SJ. They get great attendance regardless of who's on their roster. They got rid of all their marquee players and actually ended up doing better.
That's why I really want to see Cammy and Brown on the second line, as they're hungry to prove something, especially at this level.

Ziggy needs to drop his agent and sign with us!

Old
08-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". SJ skull *****ed our division with a bunch of nobody's the last season. They have team speed, grit, good defense, and great goaltending. They really don't have to do much. They don't even really need to market, because there isn't ***** to do in SJ. They get great attendance regardless of who's on their roster. They got rid of all their marquee players and actually ended up doing better.
That's why I really want to see Cammy and Brown on the second line, as they're hungry to prove something, especially at this level.

Ziggy needs to drop his agent and sign with us!
I think Ziggy wil be back and that would leave one spot open for Camms and Browny to fight for. Unless, Klatt and/or Army is gone I think whoever loses that battle will be sent down to Manchester

Old
08-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Other: Ziggy will play in the MHL(Mexican Hockey League for you amateurs) and will play for the Mexico City Matadores.

08-06-2005, 03:54 AM
AVE MAN

Toronto (unfortunately)

Old
08-06-2005, 09:48 AM
King Blazer

In the past week, the Kings added Demitra who is a self-described good friend of Ziggy's. Then, by luck or whatever, JR feel to them. The result is that the options for linemates for Ziggy has increased substatially. He could find himself playing on JR's wing. I'm thinking that JR will provide a bit of protection for Ziggy. If skating on a line with JR isn't to Ziggy's liking what about using his buddy Demitra as a center and having Ziggy on his wing? If, the possibility of skating on the wing for either JR or Demitra isn't enough for Ziggy, he probably wasn't coming back to L.A. anyway. I think short of bringing back Stumpel (if the package rumors are true), DT and company have put together a great scenario for Palffy; if he walks, so be it. It's on Ziggy, not DT...

Try Cammalleri on the RW of one of the two top lines. IF he doesn't cut it, move him and make line adjustments. Demitra can play on the RW if needed. Is it an ideal situation to put Demitra on the wing? I don't know. Is using Cammalleri on the RW on one of the two top lines better than using Palffy? No, but it's more likely than not what they'd have to do for 15-20 games anyway given Ziggy's injury history.

If Ziggy wants to hold out for a 4th year, let him walk. I think 3-yrs is a stretch with Palffy. Are there other teams that will go 4-yrs with Ziggy? Probably. I just hope the Kings aren't one of them. How is Ziggy's shoulder really? He basically played 49 or 50 games in Europe last season. Was he even hit once over there? I don't know. Will Ziggy even be healthy for the playoffs? Again, I don't know.

Last edited by King Blazer: 08-06-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old
08-06-2005, 10:03 AM
*BLoTTo*

It's simple. If he doesn't sign here, he's a complete A$$HOLE. ENOUGH already. But.. my heart has been saying Islanders. He's been there before, and with He, Yashin and Satan that's pretty sick. Just come home Ziggy. Dammitt!!!~

Old
08-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BLoTTo*
It's simple. If he doesn't sign here, he's a complete A$$HOLE. ENOUGH already. But.. my heart has been saying Islanders. He's been there before, and with He, Yashin and Satan that's pretty sick. Just come home Ziggy. Dammitt!!!~
Unfortunately for the Isles they don't have that kind of cap space. As it sits right now (before RFA signings) the NYI have over 22 million commited to 8 players. That would leave about 15-17 million to give to 15 players. If they gave Palffy in the $4-5 million range they would be hard pressed to sign very many RFA's.

Old
08-06-2005, 12:53 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
In the past week, the Kings added Demitra who is a self-described good friend of Ziggy's. Then, by luck or whatever, JR feel to them. The result is that the options for linemates for Ziggy has increased substatially. He could find himself playing on JR's wing. I'm thinking that JR will provide a bit of protection for Ziggy. If skating on a line with JR isn't to Ziggy's liking what about using his buddy Demitra as a center and having Ziggy on his wing? If, the possibility of skating on the wing for either JR or Demitra isn't enough for Ziggy, he probably wasn't coming back to L.A. anyway. I think short of bringing back Stumpel (if the package rumors are true), DT and company have put together a great scenario for Palffy; if he walks, so be it. It's on Ziggy, not DT...

Try Cammalleri on the RW of one of the two top lines. IF he doesn't cut it, move him and make line adjustments. Demitra can play on the RW if needed. Is it an ideal situation to put Demitra on the wing? I don't know. Is using Cammalleri on the RW on one of the two top lines better than using Palffy? No, but it's more likely than not what they'd have to do for 15-20 games anyway given Ziggy's injury history.

If Ziggy wants to hold out for a 4th year, let him walk. I think 3-yrs is a stretch with Palffy. Are there other teams that will go 4-yrs with Ziggy? Probably. I just hope the Kings aren't one of them. How is Ziggy's shoulder really? He basically played 49 or 50 games in Europe last season. Was he even hit once over there? I don't know. Will Ziggy even be healthy for the playoffs? Again, I don't know.
good post! couldn't agree more.

Ziggy seriously needs to wake up. He's making a spectacle out of this (at least for me). Loyalty is being put to the test, and right now he has none of it!

Old
08-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Goallum

I'm thinking ATL

Old
08-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Game Misconduct

We have 20 wise posters. Pittsburgh.

Closed Thread