HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nikolai Kulemin is available

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2014, 06:36 PM
  #101
SensUnofficial
@SensUnofficial
 
SensUnofficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Kitchener, Ontario.
Country: Canada
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Get this guy in a Sens Uni. Asap!

SensUnofficial is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:38 PM
  #102
marty111
Registered User
 
marty111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
I'd just like to remind some posters in this thread of Jordan Staal.

Kulemin most likely would re-up with the Pens so they should be looking at the deal as getting a signed Kulemin. Not that his value is crazy high or anything (Sutter, 1st Round, Mattaa, etc.) but a swap of similar caliber players is likely, regardless of contract position.

marty111 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:47 PM
  #103
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 30,188
vCash: 500
Kulemin will go somewhere and become a fan favorite + score 25 goals consistently while playing superb defence... watch

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:48 PM
  #104
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I'd just like to remind some posters in this thread of Jordan Staal.

Kulemin most likely would re-up with the Pens so they should be looking at the deal as getting a signed Kulemin. Not that his value is crazy high or anything (Sutter, 1st Round, Mattaa, etc.) but a swap of similar caliber players is likely, regardless of contract position.
Staal>>>Kulemin, Kulemin is a pending UFA while Staal still had a year left and the Pens don't have Kulemin's brother to justify paying a high price for him. It doesn't matter if it's likely that he re-signs, that doesn't mean he will.

Edit: if he comes with a reasonable extension, a Sutter for Kulemin swap isn't crazy. However, I doubt the Pens would do a sign and trade with a player that may not fit and the Pens don't have a replacement 3C. They're also looking to add a top-9 F, not add one and lose 1. Megna and a 3rd for Kulemin is something I'd look into.


Last edited by penguins2946*: 01-31-2014 at 06:53 PM.
penguins2946* is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
  #105
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kulemin will go somewhere and become a fan favorite + score 25 goals consistently while playing superb defence... watch
Can't believe we'll lose this guy because Nonis signed Clarkson to that contract, ****ed up

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:50 PM
  #106
Ryp37
Registered User
 
Ryp37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,182
vCash: 500
Can confirm Don Cherry influenced this

Ryp37 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
  #107
Juxtaposer
Outro:Divina Comedia
 
Juxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 38,300
vCash: 500
I want Kulemin in SJ. He's great and I've wanted him for years.

Juxtaposer is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:52 PM
  #108
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 30,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Can't believe we'll lose this guy because Nonis signed Clarkson to that contract, ****ed up
yup pretty saddening...

Kulemin > Clarkson even if Kule had same contract

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:53 PM
  #109
Major19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Can't believe we'll lose this guy because Nonis signed Clarkson to that contract, ****ed up
Clarkson's $5.2mil contract is not the reason Kulemin won't be re-signed. Kulemin wanting $4mil is the reason Kulemin won't be re-signed. People have to let it go with Clarkson.

Major19 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:56 PM
  #110
King Mapes
The King of HF!
 
King Mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 26,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8771 View Post
We want him in Pittsburgh!
I actually think that'd be the perfect fit

King Mapes is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:56 PM
  #111
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major19 View Post
Clarkson's $5.2mil contract is not the reason Kulemin won't be re-signed. Kulemin wanting $4mil is the reason Kulemin won't be re-signed. People have to let it go with Clarkson.
Think about what you just typed. If we didn't have Clarkson, we would be able to re-sign Kully for $4 million and it would be much better value.

So YES, Clarkson contract is the reason Leafs are losing Kulemin. I am not one to rag on Clarkson every turn as I haven't in Leafs forum, but when I see us losing our longest serving player who is the definition of hard worker, Clarkson signing makes me bitter.

You're acting like Clarkson was a bonafide 2nd liner who deserved to get his contract, Kulemin>Clarkson.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 06:58 PM
  #112
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User
 
Sonic Disturbance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: China
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Some absolutely ridiculous proposals offered for Kulemin. Megna/Gibbons and a 3rd? I'm pretty sure the Leafs would rather have Kulemin for the rest of the season + playoffs and risk letting him walk then trade him for that package. Last year, your OWN team gave up Joe Morrow, a recent first round pick for Brenden Morrow and 2 2nds for a #6/7 D-man in Douglas Murray. Teams bid and will overpay for UFAs. Orpik is no longer the same player he was 3-4 years ago and we just got Gleason who's played great so he's a no as well. Niskanen would be nice but it seems like Pens fans love him (somebody in this thread just said that if his last name was Keith, he'd be in contention for the Norris this year )

Sonic Disturbance is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:00 PM
  #113
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
yup pretty saddening...

Kulemin > Clarkson even if Kule had same contract
Just not true

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:00 PM
  #114
M10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Impending UFA. The leafs have also made him available so that kind of lets everyone know they can't or are unwilling to sign him. Has shown flashes of elite play, but overall is a 3rd line winger.

I can't justify anyone giving up more than a 2nd or a similar player.

M10 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:02 PM
  #115
M10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
Some absolutely ridiculous proposals offered for Kulemin. Megna/Gibbons and a 3rd? I'm pretty sure the Leafs would rather have Kulemin for the rest of the season + playoffs and let him walk then trade him for that package. Last year, your OWN team gave up Joe Morrow, a recent first round pick for Brenden Morrow and 2 2nds for a #6/7 D-man in Douglas Murray. Teams bid and will overpay for UFAs.
You're right, that's a serious overpayment.

And Joe Morrow is where?

Face it, Kulemin is a 3rd line winger and a free agent. You're getting a 2nd or a similar player in terms of talent.

M10 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:03 PM
  #116
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
As Dreger pointed out, Leafs won't give him away. Unless they get a offer they really like, we'll just keep him and let him walk.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:03 PM
  #117
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
Some absolutely ridiculous proposals offered for Kulemin. Megna/Gibbons and a 3rd? I'm pretty sure the Leafs would rather have Kulemin for the rest of the season + playoffs and let him walk then trade him for that package. Last year, your OWN team gave up Joe Morrow, a recent first round pick for Brenden Morrow and 2 2nds for a #6/7 D-man in Douglas Murray. Teams bid and will overpay for UFAs.
That's a young NHLer and a 3rd. You're not going to get much better than that. It's irrelevant what Shero did last year. If we want to base this on past trades, Ponikarovsky is a lot more comparable to Kulemin, and they got a young NHLer (Caputi) and a D worth a 5th. Megna and a 3rd isn't bad for Kulemin.

penguins2946* is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:05 PM
  #118
M10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
As Dreger pointed out, Leafs won't give him away. Unless they get a offer they really like, we'll just keep him and let him walk.
He'll end up in Pittsburgh in July regardless. Malkin's BFF and we have a need there. Not to worried about it.

M10 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:05 PM
  #119
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User
 
Sonic Disturbance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: China
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M10 View Post
You're right, that's a serious overpayment.

And Joe Morrow is where?

Face it, Kulemin is a 3rd line winger and a free agent. You're getting a 2nd or a similar player in terms of talent.
Morrow was arguably the most hyped Pens prospect in 2011-2012 (Pens are my 2nd/3rd favourite team and I lurk their boards occasionally) along with Despres and Bennett and then struggled in 57 AHL games the next year before getting traded. Pens fans are now like "Oh well, he's not a great prospect" but that wasn't the case before. A UFA Kulemin might actually be worth close to a 2nd but I can definitely see him fetching more as teams overpay.

Sonic Disturbance is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:06 PM
  #120
overlords
#FakeBlous
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,923
vCash: 500
Kulemin next to Eller would be amazing. Please, bergevin..

overlords is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:07 PM
  #121
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User
 
Sonic Disturbance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: China
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
That's a young NHLer and a 3rd. You're not going to get much better than that. It's irrelevant what Shero did last year. If we want to base this on past trades, Ponikarovsky is a lot more comparable to Kulemin, and they got a young NHLer (Caputi) and a D worth a 5th. Megna and a 3rd isn't bad for Kulemin.
A young NHLer with less than 30 games only because of injuries from the Pens. Neither would make the Leafs (our wing depth is our greatest strength). When I watch them play, I see AHL potential - not really good enough to play top-6 and too small/not good enough defensively to play bottom-6. InB4 "look at their AHL stats, above PPG". Well, so is Spencer Abbott and he's a while from making the Leafs.

Gibbons/Megna would not replace JVR, Kessel, Lupul, Raymond, Clarkson or Ashton in the top-9. Carlyle also likes to run goons in the 4th line with Orr/McClaren and Bodie.

Sonic Disturbance is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
  #122
M10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
Morrow was arguably the most hyped Pens prospect in 2011-2012 (Pens are my 2nd/3rd favourite team and I lurk their boards occasionally) along with Despres and Bennett and then struggled in 57 AHL games the next year before getting traded. Pens fans are now like "Oh well, he's not a great prospect" but that wasn't the case before. A UFA Kulemin might be worth close to a 2nd but I can definitely see him fetching more as teams overpay.
Nah.

M10 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
  #123
ChesapeakeRipper
Tres Comma Club
 
ChesapeakeRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto (Scar City)
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensUnofficial View Post
Get this guy in a Sens Uni. Asap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Kulemin next to Eller would be amazing. Please, bergevin..

what's with the division rivals wanting our players eh?


its got to be an overpayment if he goes within the division. prob goes to pitts IMO.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:09 PM
  #124
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M10 View Post
He'll end up in Pittsburgh in July regardless. Malkin's BFF and we have a need there. Not to worried about it.
Good for him and Pens then, really. I like Kully as do most if not all Leafs fans, wish him all the luck and success else where.

I mean no point in arguing back and forth, in free agency when 29 other teams are bidding on him and a team like Florida offers him $4.5-4.9 million and Pens have to either match or not sign him then you'll see how much his bff comes into play with his agent.

Time will tell.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
01-31-2014, 07:12 PM
  #125
Diatomic
Mitch Matthewlander
 
Diatomic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Do you have a source for this? I am not arguing with you, just curious.

I am hoping that Kulemin wants to stay in Toronto, but have not heard anything from a reliable source how he feels about it. I have heard lots of speculation both ways.

Nonis said that he did not start negotiating with Kessel or Phaneuf until they came to him and said that they wanted to remain with the Leafs. It would be interesting to find out if Kuleman, (and Bolland for that matter), have told Nonis what they want.
He's spent his whole career here and I've seen videos where he calls Toronto his 2nd home, especially since his family has come over here and adapted very well to toronto. If you want to find the videos It'll probably be tough to find lol.

Diatomic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.