HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Armchair GM(Tank Time/2014 Modified Version)

Old
03-01-2014, 06:06 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Stanely kup!

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats31 View Post
I think it is something we should experiment with the rest of the year and maybe in camp once Barkov comes back. Our biggest weakness is scoring right now, our best playmaker and our best pure scorer are Barkov and Bjugstad right now. I am intrigued to see how they would do together. If they wind up developing chemistry immediately and form hit it off great and make each other better we should think about keeping them together. If they continue to play at their current level which is fine move them back to being #1 and #2 C's.
Yup that was basically my point, its worth at least investigating once Barkov returns. After seeing Bjugstad's goal yesterday too, I think its definitely something he can transition to and be very successful at (maybe moreso than as a center). Then we make an all out push to sign Stastny to be our #2 center and we'll be in a much better place overall.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:31 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
There's our #1 RW. Next season saved!
In this era of the salary cap, building a sustainable winning team is all about cap management, a part of which is signing a RW like Boyes to a reasonable contract, which in turn allows money to be spent elsewhere.

Agree that it is not very exciting

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Grabner scores in overtime to beat the Jets.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Jovo and Olsen are the weak links at the back right now.

Campbell is playing like crap, but that's because he doesn't care anymore. He'll bring it at beginning of next season.

Gilbert had that terrible turnover...honestly don't think it matters whether he stays or goes at the point.

Guds is going to get his 2 year bridge contract this summer, up to him to earn a long-term one after that.

Kulikov is playing his best hockey of the season right now...should be interesting to see how Tallon handles his next contract. When does he get UFA status?

Would be huge if we could somehow land Niskanen this summer.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 09:44 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

I think we should use our 2014 1st on defense, whether we trade it for defense or draft defense. Jovo needs to hang 'em up so we can move forward. I'd like to see Gilbert on the move. Seems like every one of his giveaways ends up in our net. Campbell, Kuli and Guddy stay. Olsen is still a question mark. He's been inconsistent. Guess this is evaluation time, yet again, for Petrovic and Robak. We need to sure up our defense somehow. Maybe acquire Alex Edler somehow? Garrison? Someone!

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
I think we should use our 2014 1st on defense, whether we trade it for defense or draft defense. Jovo needs to hang 'em up so we can move forward. I'd like to see Gilbert on the move. Seems like every one of his giveaways ends up in our net. Campbell, Kuli and Guddy stay. Olsen is still a question mark. He's been inconsistent. Guess this is evaluation time, yet again, for Petrovic and Robak. We need to sure up our defense somehow. Maybe acquire Alex Edler somehow? Garrison? Someone!

if ekblad is off the charts, i rather get an offensive player and trade one of the young guys

garrison can probably be had for petrovic+trocheck+shore or something, along with picks. even if that screams quantity for quality, i think its a good one moving forward for a rebuilding team like canucks. they get a good bottom 4 d-man, a good bottom 6 2way center and a potential top6 center in trocheck

Last edited by gudzilla: 03-05-2014 at 10:56 AM.
gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
SufferingCatFan

Let the 2014 tank begin with 2 AHLers now on defense (Petrovic, Robak) and 2 on offense (Trochek, Piri)....

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote