HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 in OT. I don't know what to think anymore.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:05 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Thing is, we can't have the current situation continuing. It's sure great to have resources in the event of injury however, as we all suspect, there is little to zero chance that DD loses ice time or is traded. Will it mean that they try to move Brière?
It's unlikely DD has much if any appeal to other NHL GMs. Also unlikely DD is dumped the season after MB gave him a 4-year extension, as that would be admitting a mistake, and I'm starting to think neither MB or MT can admit making mistakes, and the Qc media do not tend to call them on their mistakes. And especially with DD here, signing Briere was also a mistake.

According to reports from Gatineau before Christmas, Briere wants out. I'd say this could give our cowardly helmsmen the chance to save face by blaming Briere for his trade. So if the Gatineau rumors reappear in the Qc media I think that means Briere is going to move.

You mentioned injuries I would never hope for an injury to any player especially not a Hab but hypothetically if DD were to sprain his uterus and miss a month or two I think we'd see a much better team performance

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
It's unlikely DD has much if any appeal to other NHL GMs. Also unlikely DD is dumped the season after MB gave him a 4-year extension, as that would be admitting a mistake, and I'm starting to think neither MB or MT can admit making mistakes, and the Qc media do not tend to call them on their mistakes. And especially with DD here, signing Briere was also a mistake.

According to reports from Gatineau before Christmas, Briere wants out. I'd say this could give our cowardly helmsmen the chance to save face by blaming Briere for his trade. So if the Gatineau rumors reappear in the Qc media I think that means Briere is going to move.

You mentioned injuries I would never hope for an injury to any player especially not a Hab but hypothetically if DD were to sprain his uterus and miss a month or two I think we'd see a much better team performance
You want some news out of Gatineau? I'll give you some. According to a verrrry prominent agent, MT has lost the trust of 11 players.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Brian Wilde, whether you like him or not, asks Therrien questions after every game about suspect decisions and he never answers. Always gives some comment about how he doesn't talk about that, or no comment. Then walks away, no accountability for not answering the tough questions while gets praise from RDS and those minions for giving BS cliche answers for puff ball questions.

Media is not doing their job essentially and Therrien is a clown.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
You want some news out of Gatineau? I'll give you some. According to a verrrry prominent agent, MT has lost the trust of 11 players.
And about 95% of the fan base. Doesn't matter though because his best friends at RDS love him and Bergevin is too busy fixing his hair to see what's going on.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Not surprising. If true there are two ways to stop this mutiny: get rid of the coach, or get rid of those leading the mutiny. Which will it be?

Old
02-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Not surprising. If true there are two ways to stop this mutiny: get rid of the coach, or get rid of those leading the mutiny. Which will it be?
Maybe the biggest brushback will be coming from upcoming UFAs and players from other teams who will be adding the Habs to their blacklists on account of Therrien.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Classic.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:29 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Leafs have been downsizing in the goon department. Mike Brown gone, now Mark Fraser. So, it is basically Colton Orr and Fraser Mclaren, and the latter is currently on IR.

Komarov was a troll and not a fighter; he went to Russia.
McLaren is back. He fought Kassian last night.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:33 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Maybe the biggest brushback will be coming from upcoming UFAs and players from other teams who will be adding the Habs to their blacklists on account of Therrien.
Maybe and the Mtl market has had this problem for years, also variously blamed on the schooling for kids (language) issue, or the loss of privacy, the severe weather, the high taxes.

But imo for most UFA, money/term is the main factor. There's the rare exceptions, eg hometown discount, strong desire to win a cup before retiring, want to be with certain teammates etc but mostly it must be about the money/term.

I wouldn't relate the UFA situation only to Therrien.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Leafs have been downsizing in the goon department. .
So have we. There was an opportunity for Parros to be an instigator yesterday and he didn't take it. Play right in front of him, with Prust getting cross-checked from behind by Gudas (I believe). Parros was right next to Gudas and what does he do. Pretty soft intervention.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
The UFA market is almost irrelevant at this point - bone dry market supply makes it a place to stay away from. Habs future is internal development. Young kids have little choice but to follow the coach, he holds their fate in his hands.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Maybe and the Mtl market has had this problem for years, also variously blamed on the schooling for kids (language) issue, or the loss of privacy, the severe weather, the high taxes.

But imo for most UFA, money/term is the main factor. There's the rare exceptions, eg hometown discount, strong desire to win a cup before retiring, want to be with certain teammates etc but mostly it must be about the money/term.

I wouldn't relate the UFA situation only to Therrien.
That's a fair point, as money walks a lot of times. However, there will be those who are watching how some veterans are being handled by MT and may abhor being put in the same position. And yes, we already have a mountain of factors to dissuade as it is on account of the particulars of our market.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:57 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Sorry guy but re this emerging position from DD apologists -- concede that he's not very good, but suggest that removing him would hurt the team -- is a sort of twisted zero-sum argument isn't it? Anyway it's supposition.

The Habs have won just six of their last 15 games, but wow DD has notched 12 points over that period. Whose success is more important? The Habs or DD?

Also to all DD fans -- How often do you watch non-Habs games? Because DD's play simply does not match up to other guys in his role, not even close.
Obviously the Habs.

But the point is that we need to ADD to their production. I've said many times I'm all for moving Gallagher off their line. We need to get a second productive offensive line. DD and Patch rarely use Gally anyway - get someone else there to do the dirty work.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote