HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v7

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2014, 12:01 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRockBruinsChoke View Post
Briere and Bourque are terrible linemates? I think the other way, Briere and Bourque has a terrible center how bout that.

Cuz those two forwards have a history of putting up high numbers and having experience. Eller is a liability and our worst center for our top 3 lines.

Plus there's a reason why Eller doesn't get enough minutes, ever thought of that? lol xD
All the credibility you had has been destroyed with that post.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:01 PM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Based on... a guess? Note: Jagr at 40/41 is still putting up waaaaay better numbers than Gionta was at 30/31, let alone Gionta right now. Dig on that.
Jagr, a future hall of famer who also has multiple hundred point seasons and 20+ years of experience.. with the number of young guys we have, its just another reason why this guys a good investment.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:03 PM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
All the credibility you had has been destroyed with that post.
If you think Eller has higher trade value than Briere then you should do stand up comedy. Bourque maybe, but if we can get McGinn for Bourque (Who is a center with MUCH better numbers than Eller) then Bourque as well has higher value.

Lol @ you thinking Eller is a good 3rd line center, lol xD

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Friend, your ability to argue makes me think that you're a lawyer.
Propensity or inclination might have been better word choices than ability. Just sayin'.

Old
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I do not understand everyone's ***** for Jagr.
I don't understand it either by March he'll be out of gas. As for trading Eller and Gionta for Jagr and Volchenkov is idiotic. Long term it makes no sense to trade for an over the hill winger like Jagr.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:04 PM
FazChenyuk

If its for gionta or bourque its okay

Old
02-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Jagr, a future hall of famer who also has multiple hundred point seasons and 20+ years of experience.. with the number of young guys we have, its just another reason why this guys a good investment.
Or would have been a couple years ago, even, I agree.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:19 PM
shutehinside

Jagr for Gio makes a lot of sense.

I can see that trade happening.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:38 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Jagr for Gio makes a lot of sense.

I can see that trade happening.
I'm pretty sure fans in NJ would prefer getting a 1st or 2 2nds.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
If you think Eller has higher trade value than Briere then you should do stand up comedy. Bourque maybe, but if we can get McGinn for Bourque (Who is a center with MUCH better numbers than Eller) then Bourque as well has higher value.

Eller is a very good 3rd line Center. Way more value than Bourque and Briere combined. If MB offered Eller for Mcginn and Briere for Mcginn, Colorado would take the Eller trade hands down.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:04 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I agree but the owners make the trades not the fans. The "Gionta Brothers Show" has marketing potential, to put people in the seats of an arena that currently has a lot of empty seats. That means revenue right now. A draft pick not so much.

I'll just keep saying this until it becomes the truth

Old
02-16-2014, 01:13 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I agree but the owners make the trades not the fans. The "Gionta Brothers Show" has marketing potential, to put people in the seats of an arena that currently has a lot of empty seats. That means revenue right now. A draft pick not so much.

I'll just keep saying this until it becomes the truth
That's a contradiction. The fans won't fill the seats if they were not interested in the Gionta Brothers Show to begin with.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
That's a contradiction. The fans won't fill the seats if they were not interested in the Gionta Brothers Show to begin with.
Since when is that rink ever full?

Old
02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Bruins chokin, is trollin Eller again i see.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:27 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Eller is a very good 3rd line Center. Way more value than Bourque and Briere combined. If MB offered Eller for Mcginn and Briere for Mcginn, Colorado would take the Eller trade hands down.
Eller in NJ will play exactly the same position he is playing with the Habs: third line chercking center behind Zajac and Henrique.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:32 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Since when is that rink ever full?
Never, the point is the fans will come if the team is winning, not for some hypothetical Gionta Show.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:36 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I think there are two kinds of hockey consumers, especially in smaller markets. 1) The real hockey fans are informed, smart and loyal and think in the long-term interests of their team. 2) People who just want entertainment and will buy into marketing gimmicks, eg giveaway nights, fighting, or locally-born brothers reunited. The second group's money is just as good to an owner.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Never, the point is the fans will come if the team is winning, not for some hypothetical Gionta Show.
It would be wonderful......if we got anything of value for him.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:38 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I think there are two kinds of hockey consumers, especially in smaller markets. 1) The real hockey fans are informed, smart and loyal and think in the long-term interests of their team. 2) People who just want entertainment and will buy into marketing gimmicks, eg giveaway nights, fighting, or locally-born brothers reunited. The second group's money is just as good to an owner.
The second group is usually not the kind of group that comes back every game, that's the issue with this kind of business.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I think there are two kinds of hockey consumers, especially in smaller markets. 1) The real hockey fans are informed, smart and loyal and think in the long-term interests of their team. 2) People who just want entertainment and will buy into gimics, eg giveaway nights, fighting, or locally-born brothers reunited. The second group's money is just as good to an owner.
OT, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be listing fighting in your "gimmick" list. Shootouts, maybe, but fighting has been in hockey longer than the red line or even the forward pass (think about that), making it as fundamental an aspect of hockey as anything you'll find. Very hard for the anti-fighting crowd to accept, granted.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:42 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Not sure they will get that for Jagr. Not just that but NJ is still trying to make the playoffs this year.
Gio is a player who can help them do that and will likely be rejuvenated in the system that allowed him to be a solid player. A 2nd won't do that now and may never.

Lou does things differently than most GMs.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:46 PM
vokiel
I hate blind shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Not sure they will get that for Jagr. Not just that but NJ is still trying to make the playoffs this year.
Gio is a player who can help them do that and will likely be rejuvenated in the system that allowed him to be a solid player. A 2nd won't do that now and may never.

Lou does things differently than most GMs.
Jagr helps them a lot more than Gio ever could, that's where this scenario makes no sense to me. If Lou believed Gio could help the team make it to the playoffs, he would be inquiring about his availability. I have no problems believing this, however it wouldn't be at the cost of a player who just brings more. He'd probably try to throw picks or bad contracts at MB. (Volchenkov, etc...)

Old
02-16-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:

You are embarrassing yourself. Briere and Bourque have zero value. Eller is a good, big, fast, young centre with lots of upside.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:52 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Jagr helps them a lot more than Gio ever could, that's where this scenario makes no sense to me. If Lou believed Gio could help the team make it to the playoffs, he would be inquiring about his availability. I have no problems believing this, however it wouldn't be at the cost of a player who just brings more. He'd probably try to throw picks or bad contracts at MB. (Volchenkov, etc...)
If Gio signs an extension which is likely than it does make sense as he's a lot younger and can still play, especially in Jerseys system.

Also, no reason why this deal couldn't be expanded on both sides by included prospects like Matteau and Leblanc etc.

Just saying I can see Jagr in mtl playing with Plex and Gio going back to NJ where he had his best years.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:56 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
The second group is usually not the kind of group that comes back every game, that's the issue with this kind of business.
Yes again you're right. However, there is an interesting numbers angle to this. The Real Hockey Fans in smaller markets may account for only a tiny proportion of the population, and this may be reflected in media coverage etc. A "gimmick" reaches the huge majority of the population that are not Real Hockey Fans, and sports marketing departments are always looking for ways to do this because the results can be dramatically positive.

(Plus although they will whine about operations, often the Real Hockey Fan will stay with their team like a sucker all the way )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
OT, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be listing fighting in your "gimmick" list. Shootouts, maybe, but fighting has been in hockey longer than the red line or even the forward pass (think about that), making it as fundamental an aspect of hockey as anything you'll find. Very hard for the anti-fighting crowd to accept, granted.
I agree. I stream all my hockey and watch a lot of local feeds, this is empirical and non-scientific but I think the promotions in smaller markets, say a 20 second ad for an upcoming game, feature more hitting and fighting than similar spots in traditional/larger hockey markets. Especially staged fights. there's a whole production protocol for them. So fighting has been transformed into something of a gimmick imo. But yes shootout etc are better examples.

Closed Thread