HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v7

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
It's time for Markov to go. It pains me to say this because I love the guy, but the Habs need the assets that he can bring us. This team isn't going anywhere with him anyway. He's still a good defenceman, and is our most valuable trade asset.

Rumours are Kings are interested but the Habs are asking for Toffoli, which is a bit rich. Doug Murray got two 2nds last year. The Habs should get a 2014 1st, 2015 2nd, and a prospect for Markov.

I wonder if the Colorado rumours are really about Markov? Avs could use him too. A pairing of Markov and Johnson would be a perfect #1 pairing for them.

Avs prospect system is not as strong as the Kings, so they may be looking for a player for player trade, like maybe Stastny for Markov, which I'm not as high on.

I would also trade Gionta. Briere can take his RW spot with Plekanec.

Gio to anywhere for a 3rd.

MB really needs to get off his ass and at least trade some of our veteran UFAs. Only one I'd keep is Murray.

Old
02-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Where did you hear anyone had any interest in Markov ?

Old
02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The voices in his head.

Old
02-02-2014, 05:16 PM
HCH

If Bergevin makes a trade, I hope it is with an eye to the future and to help this team limp into the playoffs. I think he is realistic enough to see that overpaying at this deadline won't accomplish much this year and just make the future that much more bleak.

I don't know if it realistic but I like the idea of Diaz for McGinn. A trade that would send Gionta go to LA for a guy like Nicolas Deslauriers is also the kind of trade I would like to see. For me, Markov would also be available if the team could get the kind of return that Calgary got for Iginla. The usual suspects like Bourque, Briere and Desharnais should be made available as well. And Douglas Murray has put himself in an interesting position with his play of late.

Briere and Gionta might actually have some appeal to a team trying to make a run and their combined careers have very little life left in them no matter where they play. Take the assets you would get in return and run.

If Bergevin is not a seller at the deadline I will be disappointe.

Old
02-02-2014, 05:23 PM
AmeriHab

I agree it's time to move the general, but filling his role will be tough.

I'll be the least popular person here, but what kind of value could we get for Gally? He plays a fun game and always moving, but will he be able to ever withstand a full season and playoffs, especially with our team not able to defend him in every scrum? I'd be ok moving him if the value was there coming back. Gally to a contender stocked with prospects who is close to the cap but needs scoring would pay a lot I'd imagine.

Old
02-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I hope Bergevin trades himself and Therrien to TVAsports for a $50 gift certificate to the Gap

Old
02-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
I agree it's time to move the general, but filling his role will be tough.

I'll be the least popular person here, but what kind of value could we get for Gally? He plays a fun game and always moving, but will he be able to ever withstand a full season and playoffs, especially with our team not able to defend him in every scrum? I'd be ok moving him if the value was there coming back. Gally to a contender stocked with prospects who is close to the cap but needs scoring would pay a lot I'd imagine.
There's no chance I'd move him for prospects. Elite level talent like Larsson or E.KAne would MAYBE be guys I'd move him for.

Old
02-02-2014, 05:53 PM
sampollock

This week will be like the last 15 no trade from MB. He is not going to do zip

Old
02-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
I actually have a feeling he's going to make a minor league deal, just so people know he's still alive. Then go back into hiding.

Old
02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
There's no chance I'd move him for prospects. Elite level talent like Larsson or E. Kane would MAYBE be guys I'd move him for.
Markov's greatest trade value will be at the deadline when a team wanting to make a push will overpay. If he is going to be traded that is the time to do it. But if you do it then, a team making a push for a playoff run is not going to give up a front line asset. It would defeat the purpose of the trade.

The alternative is to make them pay by demanding high end prospects and high draft choices.

Trading him would leave a gaping hole that won't be immediately filled by one player so whatever you get in exchange needs to have significant upside.

Old
02-02-2014, 06:38 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
I really don't expect anything until the final trade deadline. It allows the team more time to evaluate our own prospects and those on other teams. That improves the chances of making a decent deal. I don't expect anything in the way of blockbusters.

Old
02-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Markov's greatest trade value will be at the deadline when a team wanting to make a push will overpay. If he is going to be traded that is the time to do it. But if you do it then, a team making a push for a playoff run is not going to give up a front line asset. It would defeat the purpose of the trade.

The alternative is to make them pay by demanding high end prospects and high draft choices.

Trading him would leave a gaping hole that won't be immediately filled by one player so whatever you get in exchange needs to have significant upside.
Oh, I was replying to somebody talking about moving Gallagher.

But I agree with what you're saying. I'm all for moving Markov for picks, young players and/or prospects at this deadline.

Old
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
HCH

Quote:
Oh, I was replying to somebody talking about moving Gallagher.

But I agree with what you're saying. I'm all for moving Markov for picks, young players and/or prospects at this deadline.
Oops, sorry. I got lost in all the names being tossed around

Old
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Tyson

A few decades ago the Dallas Cowboys traded the most prized asset, Herschel Walker for player and picks which turned the Cowboys quickly into a great team. I would seriously consider trading PK for a firsts line forward like Hall or Mackinnon. Habs have several solid D prospects but need a first line player badly. Time to become bold.

Old
02-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Oops, sorry. I got lost in all the names being tossed around
No worries!

Here's what I'm feeling today....

Bourque + Markov
To LA for
J.Nolan + Deslauriers + 1st

As well as...

2nd + Andrighetto/Thomas + Bennett/Thrower
To SJ for
J.Demers

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Nolan
Bournival-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Prust

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Demers
Beaulieu-XXXX

That's a lot of money saved and a lot of potential added. We even improve our prospect pool!

Old
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
A few decades ago the Dallas Cowboys traded the most prized asset, Herschel Walker for player and picks which turned the Cowboys quickly into a great team. I would seriously consider trading PK for a firsts line forward like Hall or Mackinnon. Habs have several solid D prospects but need a first line player badly. Time to become bold.
There was no salary cap to think of back then, the Cowboys were allowed to pay Walker an "exit bonus" to make him accept the trade, just how do you think there is a similarity to the 2014 NHL?

Old
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I would definitely think about trading PK for Mackinnon and EJ.

Old
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was in the notes section of a column by Larry Brooks. I can't find the column right now because I'm watching the Super Bowl, but it was reported that the Kings inquired about his availability because their PP sucks. 29th overall, 13.9% and are looking for a PP quarterback to play with Doughty.

Apparently, Bergevin asked for Toffoli ending the conversation. I'll see if I can find it.

Old
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Beendair Donedat

Send the entire veteran "leadership" core. Gionta, Markov, and Plekanec... They can net some positive players and picks and they aren't doing anything for this sinking ship....

Old
02-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Send the entire veteran "leadership" core. Gionta, Markov, and Plekanec... They can net some positive players and picks and they aren't doing anything for this sinking ship....
Sounds amazing on paper. Why forget the fact we need the players' permission with their NTCs. All three have complete NTCs, if I'm not wrong. They'll want to be moved to a contender and, as someone already pointed out, nothing significantly established but, young or other than late draft picks (in any round we get) will be coming back our way.

Old
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Sounds amazing on paper. Why forget the fact we need the players' permission with their NTCs. All three have complete NTCs, if I'm not wrong. They'll want to be moved to a contender and, as someone already pointed out, nothing significantly established but, young or other than late draft picks (in any round we get) will be coming back our way.
You got 1 right and 2 wrong. Pleks and Markov have modified NTC's. If you go to capgeek.com and hover over the lock beside their name it will tell you what the lock is there for.

Old
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Riggins

vCash: 50
Trade Markov and Gionta (if he waives his NTC) at the deadline. Try to trade Diaz, Bouillon and Murray too for anything you can get. Also see if anyone is silly enough to take Briere and Bourque.

After selling we can still make the playoffs and see what happens. San Jose were even sellers at the deadline last year with a good team. With or without those guys this team is going nowhere. May as well get some assets for the future at the deadline. Heck, maybe we could trade Markov and then re-sign him on July 1.

I'd also like to try to dump Emelin before his ugly new contract kicks in.

Old
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Runner77

vCash: 66696
Quote:
From the usual bogus sources that can't be used here, so he's doing it indirectly. Nice try though.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
No worries!

Bourque + Markov
To LA for

As well as...

To SJ for
J.Demers

Bournival-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Prust

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Demers
Beaulieu-XXXX

That's a lot of money saved and a lot of potential added. We even improve our prospect pool!
You massively overrate Demers and Deslauriers, we'd get fleeced on both deals.

Old
02-03-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
No worries!

Bourque + Markov
To LA for

As well as...

To SJ for
J.Demers

Bournival-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Prust

Emelin-Subban
Gorges-Demers
Beaulieu-XXXX

If we could get Demers for that package i take it but why would SJ trade a good dman when they are a contender? Trading Markov better get us a better package than a late 1st and a 4th liner. We should be targeting ROR if he is available and use Markov as 1 piece to get him. ****** LA if they won't give Toffoli.

Closed Thread