HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v7

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Destoker

vCash: 500
Watching Byfuglien today made me giggle at the idea of snaggin him. You guys saw him pulverize gorges in the boards... He would solve our size problem and net presence instantly, plus he's a freaking ferrari on skates! I'd be willing to give a lot for him but what are jets needs?

What about Gorges and De la rose for big buff a second round pick? It works salary wise, sure we give a quality prospect but we put our hands on a emulation of what we can only dream Mccarron will ever be. Plus he's well known by the organisation...

Old
02-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Mick11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I would definitely think about trading PK for Mackinnon and EJ.
Sure you would.

Old
02-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Mick11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
Watching Byfuglien today made me giggle at the idea of snaggin him. You guys saw him pulverize gorges in the boards... He would solve our size problem and net presence instantly, plus he's a freaking ferrari on skates! I'd be willing to give a lot for him but what are jets needs?

What about Gorges and De la rose for big buff a second round pick? It works salary wise, sure we give a quality prospect but we put our hands on a emulation of what we can only dream Mccarron will ever be. Plus he's well known by the organisation...
DelaRose is a second round pick so... Basically

Gorges VS Buff ?

Yeah right fair value for 'Peg

Old
02-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Mr. Hab

Darn NO TRADE CLAUSES!:

Do you guys (and girls) think Markov, Gionta (no trade clause?) will waive their no trade clause? Kind of awkward to ask a player to waive it and he says no!

Many teams imo in the Western Conference will want Markov (or Gionta). We could get a lot.

Plekanec:
I wish he could stay for at least another 4-5 seasons....he's never injured (*knock on wood*) which is ultra important, his salary is VERY fair, he's consistent and underrated, and can shadow the best stars in the NHL, never complains no matter who he plays with,etc,etc. We would sorely miss him if he's traded.

Example:
Markov+Pateryn
FOR
J.Demers+1st Rnd Pick+2nd Rnd Pick

Old
02-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post

It's a waste when The Big Buff misses the playoffs...'cause he's a PLAYOFFS' BEAST.

PK Subban and The Big Buff = contender every season, imo.

Markov-PK Subban
Gorges-Byfuglien
Beaulieu/Tinordi-Murray

OR

Bourque-Plekanec-Byfuglien
or
_?_-Eller-Byfuglien
or
_?_-Briere-Byfuglien
(many options)

Example:
1st Rnd Pick+Emelin and/or Diaz+__?__+__?__
FOR
Byfuglien

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-03-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old
02-03-2014, 02:56 AM
TT1

i find it odd that neither ror or subban have resigned with their teams yet. if we do move subban i pray to god that we get a kings ransom for him

Old
02-03-2014, 03:08 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
i find it odd that neither ror or subban have resigned with their teams yet. if we do move subban i pray to god that we get a kings ransom for him
Might as well wait to sign PK, beginning of the year he was the leading point getter on D and everyone was talking $8MM+ but at the rate he's going he might not be top 10 at year end with many guys making a lot less sitting above him with Pietrangelo being the closest comparable at $6.5MM

Old
02-03-2014, 03:13 AM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
It really depends on how much his agent is asking for. 10 years at $80 million? hmm no. Subban has yet to reach 40 or 50 points in his career. Erik Karlsson had 78 points, Nick Lidstrom had 80 points. Subban hasn't play under the Habs "system" so management will have to rethink. Subban is welcome to sign with another team, which means we get 5 first round picks nor work a trade that is equivalent. For example Edmonton signs Subban 10 years for $10 million per season $100 million overall, a big investment. We will likely walk. Edmonton would then work a trade something like sending us Nail Yakupov, Darnell Nurse, David Perron, 1st round pick 2013, 1st round pick in 2014 or 2015.

Old
02-03-2014, 03:36 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
It really depends on how much his agent is asking for. 10 years at $80 million? hmm no. Subban has yet to reach 40 or 50 points in his career. Erik Karlsson had 78 points, Nick Lidstrom had 80 points. Subban hasn't play under the Habs "system" so management will have to rethink. Subban is welcome to sign with another team, which means we get 5 first round picks nor work a trade that is equivalent. For example Edmonton signs Subban 10 years for $10 million per season $100 million overall, a big investment. We will likely walk. Edmonton would then work a trade something like sending us Nail Yakupov, Darnell Nurse, David Perron, 1st round pick 2013, 1st round pick in 2014 or 2015.
You are basing you argument on Subban having never achieved 40 points.

He now has 37 points in 56 games.

Old
02-03-2014, 03:51 AM
pine*

Quote:
1) It's only a matter of days before PK Subban reaches 40 points
2) Norris trophy
3) 10 year contracts don't exist anymore.
4) There is no such thing as five 1st rounders in RFA compensation.
5) You can't sign a restricted free agent and then work out a trade with the original team. It's one or the other.
6) You're dreaming if you think you're getting Yakupov, Nurse, Perron and three 1st round picks

Last edited by pine*: 02-03-2014 at 03:59 AM. Reason: added picture
Old
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
felixd

When are they going to trade Diaz? Clear he isn't in the team's plans anymore.

I don't often throw proposals around but what about Diaz for Bickell? An article I read recently mentioned the Hawks may want to add to their D before the playoffs, and despite what our management thinks, Diaz is actually a pretty decent all around defenseman. Obviously not the most physical, but can block shots and can pass the puck pretty well. Might do well with Toews/Kane etc.

Hawks get rid of Bickell's contract, we have to take it on, but we have space and the cap is going up. He's had a very poor year but the Bickell of last year is exactly the kind of player we are missing, a big, physical player who isn't afraid to crash the net. We'd be gambling he returns to that form, but may be worth the gamble.

Not married to the idea, but thought it could be interesting to discuss, Habs were rumored to be interested in Bickell if he was going to become a UFA especially with Bergevin's Chicago ties and mandate to make the team bigger.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
It really depends on how much his agent is asking for. 10 years at $80 million? hmm no. Subban has yet to reach 40 or 50 points in his career. Erik Karlsson had 78 points, Nick Lidstrom had 80 points. Subban hasn't play under the Habs "system" will have to rethink. Subban is welcome to sign with another team, which means we get 5 first round picks nor work a trade that is equivalent. For example Edmonton signs Subban 10 years for $10 million per season $100 million overall, a big investment. We will likely walk. Edmonton would then work a trade something like sending us Nail Yakupov, Darnell Nurse, David Perron, 1st round pick 2013, 1st round pick in 2014 or 2015.
one of the most misinformed posts I have ever read on this board

Old
02-03-2014, 09:29 AM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Before Subban can sign an offer sheet, it must be made to him. The most 1st round picks compensation is four, the team doing the offer must have their own 1st rounders available (not already traded), plus it has to be their picks and not 1st round picks acquired from another team.

It is doubtful any team will try to get Subban as an RFA as it is just too costly and it also hamstrings a team for four years having no 1st round picks available. (That is if they offer him over $8.4M, if they offer less, the compensation is less.)

Old
02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post

I don't often throw proposals around but what about Diaz for Bickell? An article I read recently mentioned the Hawks may want to add to their D before the playoffs, and despite what our management thinks, Diaz is actually a pretty decent all around defenseman. Obviously not the most physical, but can block shots and can pass the puck pretty well. Might do well with Toews/Kane etc.

Hawks get rid of Bickell's contract, we have to take it on, but we have space and the cap is going up. He's had a very poor year but the Bickell of last year is exactly the kind of player we are missing, a big, physical player who isn't afraid to crash the net. We'd be gambling he returns to that form, but may be worth the gamble.

Not married to the idea, but thought it could be interesting to discuss, Habs were rumored to be interested in Bickell if he was going to become a UFA especially with Bergevin's Chicago ties and mandate to make the team bigger.
The Hawks could get a lot more for Bickell than a healthy scratched bottom-pairing defenseman, if they even wanted to trade him.

As for Diaz's fate, I guess it makes sense to wait until the trade deadline. Once the big fishes get snapped up and the time is running out for a GM to bolster his depth for a playoff run, it makes a guy like Diaz look a bit more attractive.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:45 AM
axman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Before Subban can sign an offer sheet, it must be made to him. The most 1st round picks compensation is four, the team doing the offer must have their own 1st rounders available (not already traded), plus it has to be their picks and not 1st round picks acquired from another team.

It is doubtful any team will try to get Subban as an RFA as it is just too costly and it also hamstrings a team for four years having no 1st round picks available. (That is if they offer him over $8.4M, if they offer less, the compensation is less.)
In addition the max amount of years is 8 for the team the player is on and 7 for other teams.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:57 AM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
In addition the max amount of years is 8 for the team the player is on and 7 for other teams.
Yes, that too, and it is obvious that the NHL doesn't want the top stars just jumping ship. Look at mess that has created in the NBA.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:02 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The Hawks could get a lot more for Bickell than a healthy scratched bottom-pairing defenseman, if they even wanted to trade him.

As for Diaz's fate, I guess it makes sense to wait until the trade deadline. Once the big fishes get snapped up and the time is running out for a GM to bolster his depth for a playoff run, it makes a guy like Diaz look a bit more attractive.
I would be curious what value $4 million player with 9 points this year would have. I saw an article suggesting a Mark Fayne for Bickell trade on the trade boards that some Hawks fans were on board with. Granted Fayne isn't a healthy scratch but not like he's a world beater either...

Don't get me wrong, loved Bickell in the playoffs last year but he seems to have fallen off for sure this year for sure.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
one of the most misinformed posts I have ever read on this board
Just because he's saying something you don't agree with doesn't make it "misinformed."

He's not saying anything that's wrong. PK hasn't put up the same numbers as Karlsson or Listrom nor has he proven himself to be a Norris defenceman over an entire schedule.

Not saying he isn't or can't be, just that he hasn't yet. Just giving him him $8-9MM a year on a long term contract would be irresponsible without seeing what he can do.

I love PK but he isn't the most consitent, and steady anchor on the back end that top end defencemen usually are. Look at guys like Chara, Lidstrom, Pronger, Suter etc. They anchor the backened and are trusted much more than PK is because they showed they could play the big minutes and be responsible. He simply hasn't dont that yet. So to break the bank with reckless abandon doesn't seem to make sense to me either. Certainly not at a premium to the highest paid defencemen in the NHL ($7.6MM cap hit for Weber).

PK needs to realise as good as he is and can be, he's not there yet and that has to refelct in his compensation. Once he wins a Norris and can show to be an anchor on the back end over a full season, then he can ask for bank. He hasn't done that and his recent play is really reflecting that. One more turn over of him stumbling out of the corner that leads to a scoring opportunity and I'll scream.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
firewagon77*

Hey rockjngo you obviously no nothing about hockey ....Subban got 38 points last year in 42 games on pace for 70 over 70 points.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I would be curious what value $4 million player with 9 points this year would have. I saw an article suggesting a Mark Fayne for Bickell trade on the trade boards that some Hawks fans were on board with. Granted Fayne isn't a healthy scratch but not like he's a world beater either...

Don't get me wrong, loved Bickell in the playoffs last year but he seems to have fallen off for sure this year for sure.
He's having a terrible year after signing a new contract, but he's also more than the sum of the points he puts up. Nobody should have expected his production from the playoffs to continue, but he's still a useful (if overpaid) player who should bounce back to his usual 30-40 point self.

I don't think the Hawks are so short-sighted as to move him when his value is at an all-time low, unless they're desperate for cap space.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
NateTheGr8

MB is hoping that Subban will go to the Olympics and see that guys like Pietranglo, Weber, Keith, Doughty, all are playing better and more than him so that he will sign a decent contract. 6M?

Markov+Diaz?

for

ROR

Old
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
MSSLYNX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post

Doubtful? Just ask the Predators. Who would not pay 4 1st for PK?

Old
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
odishabs

De La Rose is one of my untouchables.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
sheed36

Quote:

I beginning to think Diaz must have some sort of injury. IMO his play this season hasn't been bad enough to warrant sitting him this many games in a row.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
MSSLYNX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
De La Rose is one of my untouchables.
A prospect cannot be untouchable. Cmon. We need to stop that man love for draftees.

Closed Thread