HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can anyone CONFIRM or Deny? (TRADE RUMOR)

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Hockeyfan6781
Jack's Place

vCash: 500
Can anyone CONFIRM or Deny? (TRADE RUMOR)

It might just be crap, considering its from the Leafs board (90% of the garbage they talk about is) but they were discussing a rumor they hear, Apparently the deal is Ken Klee and a draft pick for Marty Biron.... anyone else hear anything related??

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=159620

Last edited by Hockeyfan6781: 08-06-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan6781
It might just be crap, considering its from the Leafs board (90% of the garbage they talk about is) but they were discussing a rumor they hear, Apparently the deal is Ken Klee and a draft pick for Marty Biron.... anyone else hear anything related??

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=159620
Rumors will be rumors. but they sure are fun to talk about. Klee and a 2nd for Biron would be a fair. Id love to get Kaberle though. either way, getting a defensemen and being able to face Biron 8 times a year is to good to pass up.

Old
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Why do we want Ken Klee? :\

Old
08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Tra La La

Klee is a 5-6, and has knock on his skating. Not what we need. Poor Skating D-men will be hugely exposed in the new NHL.

Old
08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
billsandsabres
hyperbole ainec

ken klee would be a serviceable addition, but a poor use of salary at 1.9

also, to reply to zim-
ken klee is still considered an excellent bodychecker, and with the supposed crackdown on obstructions of all sort, skilled bodychecking could be one of the few weapons against faster players

Last edited by billsandsabres: 08-06-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
ken klee would be a serviceable addition, but a poor use of salary at 1.9
at this point, if Darcy can get a 2nd then i think the move is fair and balanced. is Klee the ideal guy? no. but a RH vet wont hurt. no one is going to take Birons salry w/o sending something back in the same ball park.

Old
08-06-2005, 07:47 PM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

I'm doubtful of the Klee deal.

I'd go for Biron for McCabe or Kaberle straight up. We wouldn't get it, though, until Toronto gets into a tighter salary cap situation. And they will.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Original6

Biron for Mccabe or kaberle? You guys would rip off Toronto so bad.
McCabe is one of the premier younger defenseman in the game(some may have different opinions). Kaberle was the Czech league MVP in the lock out year. You would have to give more than biron.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Dropkick Alex

Why would the Sabres and Leafs trade with each other?

Old
08-06-2005, 08:59 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Why do we want Ken Klee? :\
Klee is a solid #4 or #5 d-man on a deep team, who you have to watch game in and game out to truly appreciate. I honestly didn't think much of him or really know what kind of player he was until he came to Toronto in 03-04. He is good in his own end and is not a liability in a puck moving scheme like Toronto runs. He was one of two defensemen (when you count Leetch) that could be trusted on the ice in the last two minutes and know he wasn't going to blow it. (unlike Bryan "Hand Grenade" McCabe)

Old
08-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Why would the Sabres and Leafs trade with each other?
Maybe because each has something that the other wants or needs? The trading within the division thing is getting overrated.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Original6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Klee is a solid #4 or #5 d-man on a deep team, who you have to watch game in and game out to truly appreciate. I honestly didn't think much of him or really know what kind of player he was until he came to Toronto in 03-04. He is good in his own end and is not a liability in a puck moving scheme like Toronto runs. He was one of two defensemen (when you count Leetch) that could be trusted on the ice in the last two minutes and know he wasn't going to blow it. (unlike Bryan "Hand Grenade" McCabe)
Bryan "Hand Grenade" helped in getting you guys to the playoffs so ****.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:31 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original6
Bryan "Hand Grenade" helped in getting you guys to the playoffs so ****.
and then promptly coughed the puck up again, again and again to help take the Leafs out of the playoffs.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Hobey Baker

I'd be very interested in McCabe coming to Buffalo. (Only with the mohawk, though). Biron plus ????? gets the deal done. I'm curious to hear the Toronto perspective on this one. I'm still thinking about how this deal could work....

Old
08-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Maybe because each has something that the other wants or needs? The trading within the division thing is getting overrated.
Be honest though whens the last time the Leafs and Sabres have made a deal with each other?

Old
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Hobey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
Be honest though whens the last time the Leafs and Sabres have made a deal with each other?
Andreychuk-Puppa/Fuhr in like '93. Yes, a good twelve years ago. Still, I don't think the inter-division thing should matter much. Especially when it's Buffalo talking about dealing Biron.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
and then promptly coughed the puck up again, again and again to help take the Leafs out of the playoffs.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Andreychuk-Puppa/Fuhr in like '93. Yes, a good twelve years ago. Still, I don't think the inter-division thing should matter much. Especially when it's Buffalo talking about dealing Biron.
It's not even really about being in the divsion I mean more of the whole rivarly, but most rivalries are in the division.

Old
08-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Original6

Quote:
You'll miss him if he's traded. Mccabe had like one game where he messed up in game 5 against the flyers and now everyone talks so negative about him. I expect a big year for him this year. Hopefully he will be traded because Negative toronto fans like yourself don't diserve mccabe. Considering that you guys got him for alexander karpotsev should make you guys that much more greatful.

Old
08-07-2005, 06:42 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original6
You'll miss him if he's traded. Mccabe had like one game where he messed up in game 5 against the flyers and now everyone talks so negative about him. I expect a big year for him this year. Hopefully he will be traded because Negative toronto fans like yourself don't diserve mccabe. Considering that you guys got him for alexander karpotsev should make you guys that much more greatful.
Eddie Belfour definitely won't miss him; the penalty box attendandts might miss him. The pinch marks on the girls ***** in the city of Toronto and surrounding area will disappear. The reporters who enjoy a big juicy dumb quote will likely miss him, but I will not miss him.

The guy is a one trick pony. he has a good shot from the point. He is sloppy defensively and he handles the puck like a kindergarten kid playing hot potatoe.

Sure we got a great deal in getting him, but the Leafs might as well strike while the iron is hot and is value is a little overblown.

If they are intent on moving Eddie and looking for a replacement, heck one of the three headed monster heading north in a deal for McCabe is fine by me.

Old
08-07-2005, 06:54 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

Quote:
Eddie Belfour definitely won't miss him; the penalty box attendandts might miss him. The pinch marks on the girls ***** in the city of Toronto and surrounding area will disappear. The reporters who enjoy a big juicy dumb quote will likely miss him, but I will not miss him.

don't forget his 'can-opener' move, which was really tripping in-cognito.

although Klee is on the slow side, he has great character, is solid in front of his own net, and does not make many mistakes.

if he fills a need for you guys, it's a pretty fair trade.

Old
08-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I wouldn't mind a Klee and pick deal since I think a reliable, steady, defense-first righthander would be an ideal complement to Kalinin.

And I'm with Mac on the McCabe thing... the guy gets rattled and then does things that hurt his team, either through ill-timed give-aways, ill-timed penalties, or ill-timed attempts at the Big Hit that leave his partner hung out while he's out of position.

08-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Original6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I wouldn't mind a Klee and pick deal since I think a reliable, steady, defense-first righthander would be an ideal complement to Kalinin.

And I'm with Mac on the McCabe thing... the guy gets rattled and then does things that hurt his team, either through ill-timed give-aways, ill-timed penalties, or ill-timed attempts at the Big Hit that leave his partner hung out while he's out of position.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/player...D?&start_row=1

Old
08-07-2005, 12:49 PM
billsandsabres
hyperbole ainec

that list is pretty awful
if mathieu schneider is the 8th best defenseman in the entire league i'll eat my hat
if marek malik is 11, i'll do something far more ridiculous

Old
08-07-2005, 01:02 PM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

I believe those are fantasy rankings, possibly even rankings of added/deleted from fantasy watch-lists.

Closed Thread