HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers 5 Devils 4 in OT

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 04:46 PM
FlyersGuy69

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Flyers 5 Devils 4 in OT

Roenick scored in OT to give the Flyers a 5-4 win over the Devils. I know it's preseaon but it's still good to wupp-up on those Devils.
goals by, Handzus 2G, Gagne 1G, Sharp 1G, Vandermeer 1G

Also, from what it sounded like, Stevens tried to layout Brashear with a big hit and Brashear didn't like it to much and decided to ***** slap him around.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Winston Wolf

Yeah, it's good to get the win, but I'm still kind of worried about being up by 3 goals and then still having to go to OT.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:57 PM
IronMarshal

Who was in goal for the Debbies?

Old
09-26-2003, 04:59 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
it was schwab and then clemmenson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230926015

Old
09-26-2003, 05:01 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441
Yeah, thanks. I just checked the Flyers site and saw the box score (duh on me).
Schwab and Clemmenson, big deal.
This team has to get better or it is nowheresville again.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Yeah, thanks. I just checked the Flyers site and saw the box score (duh on me).
Schwab and Clemmenson, big deal.
This team has to get better or it is nowheresville again.
Firstly, they weren't in "nowheresville" last year so how could they be there again, this year? Secondly, they have a good pre-season so far and in camp most of the guys have been playing pretty well - plus they actually WON the game.

What in the heck are you whining about?

Old
09-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
How many goals has Handzus had in the entire preseason? Has he been playing with Williams and Gagne the whole time? If so, it looks like that line is clicking pretty well.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:32 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Firstly, they weren't in "nowheresville" last year so how could they be there again, this year? Secondly, they have a good pre-season so far and in camp most of the guys have been playing pretty well - plus they actually WON the game.

My guess is that he wants something more than a second round playoff appearance. I wouldn't think that's too much to ask if I were a Flyers fan. After all, most Devils fans and probably everyone in their organization would consider a second round exit as "nowheresville." Why should the Flyers and their fans set their sights lower?

For how long do you want to play second fiddle behind the Devils in this division, especially since the Devils have always spent less money in being better? Personally I don't blame IM for wanting hard proof that things have changed.

Old
09-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne
How many goals has Handzus had in the entire preseason? Has he been playing with Williams and Gagne the whole time? If so, it looks like that line is clicking pretty well.
So far he's got 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. They've been playing together pretty much all of the time except for the game that Gagne missed.

Old
09-26-2003, 07:31 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Tonight's game was a great game. I sat 8 rows up from the ice. Great seats. Philly got off to a fast start with Zeus scoring and then Sharp. After that, the Flyers seemed to be tired and the Devils seemed to come on. Without fail, Therien at least made 3 or 4 bad plays in his own zone.
Woywitka was ok. Dennis took the checks pretty well, there was a lot of them. The Stars and Stripes look good. Made Leclair actually look like he had some speed. The Young guns (12-14-26) also was a good line, very fast. Rico, KJ, Jimmy V were good tonight. Brashear did get the best of Stevens. He tried to sandwich him between him and another player, Donald wasn't having it. They dropped the gloves. They both got a few shots and then Donald just started to pound on him. Finally, Stevens threw him to the ground. Crowd when nuts when he did that. Great win in overtime. I wish I had those seats all the time.

Old
09-26-2003, 08:36 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
My guess is that he wants something more than a second round playoff appearance. I wouldn't think that's too much to ask if I were a Flyers fan. After all, most Devils fans and probably everyone in their organization would consider a second round exit as "nowheresville." Why should the Flyers and their fans set their sights lower?

For how long do you want to play second fiddle behind the Devils in this division, especially since the Devils have always spent less money in being better? Personally I don't blame IM for wanting hard proof that things have changed.
nowheresville?? the Flyers aren't even close to being in nowheresville. nowheresville is a place for teams like the Rangers although there aren't to many teams that pathetic.

the Flyers won the game and dominated the first half of it till the Devils came alive. the Flyers have looked good in the pre-season and Hitchcock has been trying different things to open up the offence more which is working. the pre-season is all about getting guys ready and evaluating were your players are at and the team as a whole, nothing more.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:00 PM
FlyersGuy69

nowheresville??
the Flyers aren't even close to being in nowheresville. nowheresville is a place for teams like the Rangers although there aren't to many teams that pathetic.

the Flyers won the game and dominated the first half of it till the Devils came alive. the Flyers have looked good in the pre-season and Hitchcock has been trying different things to open up the offence more which is working. the pre-season is all about getting guys ready and evaluating were your players are at and the team as a whole, nothing more.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:11 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
They beat a team that had Hale, Martin, Pihlman, Suglobov, Foster, Hulbig, Pikkarenen, Clemmensen, Schwab all in the game, Bravo.

Flyers need to start gaining some good chemistry up front, It looks like they won't be scoring too many goals if they don't. Hackett has to play better. I hope Pitkanen will do well also, I hope he doesn't end up like Klesla.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:40 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
They beat a team that had Hale, Martin, Pihlman, Suglobov, Foster, Hulbig, Pikkarenen, Clemmensen, Schwab all in the game, Bravo.
again, it's about evaluating the team more than it is winning, which they did. also, Hitchcock is trying to open up the Flyers offense with some different systems, not the team defensive system that they are used to.
Quote:
Flyers need to start gaining some good chemistry up front, It looks like they won't be scoring too many goals if they don't.
the Flyers have been scoring goals, they have scored 15 goals in 4 games and one of them they were shutout by the Devils so, that's alot of goals. if the Hitchcock can add more offensive punch to the Flyers stifling defensive sytem, then they will be alot better and more dangerous this year.

Quote:
Hackett has to play better.
yup, he does.

Quote:
I hope Pitkanen will do well also, I hope he doesn't end up like Klesla
he won't.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
I hope Pitkanen will do well also, I hope he doesn't end up like Klesla.
What the heck does that mean? Rotislav is a heck of a defenseman already and he's going to be a great player. Does Joni have more potential, I think he does by a little, but I wouldn't mind if Joni turned into the top 15 defenseman that Klesla still looks like he's going to be.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Qubax

I think it's pretty obvious that Pitkanen will become a top 15 defenseman...I also would be surprised if he isn't in his prime a better defenceman then Klesla....but I mean there both Studs....

Old
09-26-2003, 10:32 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think that deep down, any true die hard flyers fan knows that they can go as far as their goaltending takes them this year.
They have the horses up front and on the blueline to make a serious run. If Hack can stay healthy and Esche gets into enough games to stay sharp I think they can win the East (that is a maybe as I am picking the senators) but the flyers wouldn't be a bad bridesmaid to ottawa IMO)

Old
09-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Liquidrage*

I, as a Flyers fan, consider getting whooped in Rnd 2, "Nowheresville".

We have a huge payroll. We're been able to land quality UFA's. And we get bounced in Rnd 2. Thats no where.

We should be a cup contender. I'd settle for being an "A" team. Right now and last year, we're a B team. Capable of good regular seasons. Capable of making the playoffs. Lacking in too many areas to make a real serious playoff run. Goal was a problem and still will be. I've very dissapointed Malek wasn't signed. At least with him there's potential to maybe be the guy. Esche, maybe there's the potential. Hackett? No.

What gives me hope if the blue line. We have Johnsson + 4 quality young defenseman. Quality doesn't do them justice. 1 mega-blue chip in Pitkanen, 1 legit blue chip in Woywitka, 1 highly skilled came out of no where prospect in Seidenberg and Vandermeer is the most steady of them all right now and could be a legit Top 2 paring when it's all said and done.

And who cares that we won the game? It's preseason.
What matters most is Stevens got his rear handed to him.
It's about time. Should have happened from us 5 years ago.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:02 AM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
I am not a real big Klesla fan, I don't think he turned out to be anything that Columbus thought he would be, they expected alot more offense from him.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:53 AM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:
I am not a real big Klesla fan, I don't think he turned out to be anything that Columbus thought he would be, they expected alot more offense from him.
Your way off base. Its to early and hes to young to even come close to say what he has or has not turn out to be. He just turned 21, a lot of defensemen are just coming into the league at that age.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:35 AM
blah

Is Pitkanen playing tonight?

Old
09-27-2003, 08:44 AM
FlyersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I think what IM means is that a victory against the Debs doesn't matter much unless Brodeur was in net.

At least thats what I got out of his comments, and I agree with that. Yeah, its always great to beat them, but with Schwaab & Clemmenson is net, should the game really have needed to be decided in OT?

Suppose Brodeur plays tonite and we lose, what does that mean? That the Flyers can beat Schwaab and/or Clemmenson, but not the netminder who matters. Thats what I'm concerned about, and I THINK thats what IM is concerned about as well.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:46 AM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
I was in attendance at the game last night.

First things first....traffic was insane. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 7 miles from my home in Delaware county.

But anyway, the Fly guys were impressive. The Devils goals were scored when guys were bunched around the net and screened Hackett, but the Flyers got most of their goals off impressive wrist shots into the corner of the net or off a deflection.

By the way, Brashear beat the living **** out of Stevens. Brashear got about 25 complete jabs in and Stevens got about 5 in.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Is Pitkanen playing tonight?
I don't think so. I read somewhere earlier this week that they were going to keep him out of both of the games on Friday and Saturday.

Old
09-27-2003, 10:59 AM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I, as a Flyers fan, consider getting whooped in Rnd 2, "Nowheresville".

We have a huge payroll. We're been able to land quality UFA's. And we get bounced in Rnd 2. Thats no where.

We should be a cup contender. I'd settle for being an "A" team. Right now and last year, we're a B team. Capable of good regular seasons. Capable of making the playoffs. Lacking in too many areas to make a real serious playoff run. Goal was a problem and still will be. I've very dissapointed Malek wasn't signed. At least with him there's potential to maybe be the guy. Esche, maybe there's the potential. Hackett? No.

What gives me hope if the blue line. We have Johnsson + 4 quality young defenseman. Quality doesn't do them justice. 1 mega-blue chip in Pitkanen, 1 legit blue chip in Woywitka, 1 highly skilled came out of no where prospect in Seidenberg and Vandermeer is the most steady of them all right now and could be a legit Top 2 paring when it's all said and done.

And who cares that we won the game? It's preseason.
What matters most is Stevens got his rear handed to him.
It's about time. Should have happened from us 5 years ago.
making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs is "nowheresville"?? wow! there is 2 teams better than us in our conference IMO and they are Ottawa and the Devils, yeah that's "nowheresville". the Devils won the Cup last year and is always in the running to win it so won't find another team better. with Hitch in his 2nd year as coach, I also think that we will be better than we were last season. also having the lineup mostly intact from last year should develope better chemistry and a strong TEAM game. I will wait to judge Hackett but the fact is, I don't think we were ever going to win anything with Cechmanek in net.

finally, all you guys can whine all ya want about this team being in "nowheresville" but they could be alot worse off. it's just the "win it all" or your losers attitude that makes me laugh.

Closed Thread