HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin and Letang to EDM.

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 12:15 PM
ElsinoreBrewery

vCash: 500

First things first, I know this is gonna get REALLY UGLY and my flame suit is donned...anyway, here it is.

Perron, Eberle, Gagner, J.Schultz, and 2 1sts to PIT.

reasoning being that is gives the pens a shot of legit top 6 depth and I think J.Schultz improves by leaps and bounds with top PP time, a steady, defense first partner and sheltered minutes. Also relief of Letang and Malkin's contracts, with 2 potentially high value 1st rounders to play with.

On the oil side of it, instant relevance, Malkin instantly becomes captain and best player in the Western Conference and mentors Yak along, you keep all the 1st overalls and Nurse, Game changing talent on the backend that can absorb 25 mins a night, takes some pressure off of Ference....

Have at it, let the insults fly!

Old
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
KirkOut

vCash: 50
I can't believe you're a Pen's fan. Replace Gagner with Hall then maybe we're getting somehwere.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:19 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
No RNH or Hall no chance at Malkin. Heck I could see them wanting booth for Malkin.

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
You're a Penguins fan?

Old
Empros

I wish you were the GM of the Pens.

Old
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsinoreBrewery View Post
First things first, I know this is gonna get REALLY UGLY and my flame suit is donned...anyway, here it is.

reasoning being that is gives the pens a shot of legit top 6 depth and I think J.Schultz improves by leaps and bounds with top PP time, a steady, defense first partner and sheltered minutes. Also relief of Letang and Malkin's contracts, with 2 potentially high value 1st rounders to play with.

On the oil side of it, instant relevance, Malkin instantly becomes captain and best player in the Western Conference and mentors Yak along, you keep all the 1st overalls and Nurse, Game changing talent on the backend that can absorb 25 mins a night, takes some pressure off of Ference....

From a complete outside point of view.....I can't believe the name RNH or Hall aren't involved.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Steveei

Replace Gagner with Hopkins and add another 1st.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsinoreBrewery View Post

You want one of the top 3 players in the world and the pens best dman and you don't even include YOUR best player nor your best prospect? You've earned all the flaming you are about to receive.

Wait, he's a pens fan??? Holy cow, please do this, lol, it makes the pens a much weaker team

Old
02-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Ducks in a row

Malkin is by far the best player involved in the trade. Penguins would lose their one-two punch of centerman which has been very important to them. They lose a puck moving defenseman as well.

Penguins would gain a new winger to play with Crosby but their 2nd line would be 2/3 a Oilers line. They would gain a young defenseman who well lets just say I am glad he is not on the Ducks and would never want him on my team.

Draft picks would be great if Oilers still continue to suck.

If I was a Penguins fan I would say no.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I can't believe that you're a Pens fan and you didn't include RNH or Hall.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Antoine
HFBoards Sponsor

You don't even get close to Malkin without Hall as the starting piece.

And you're a Pens fan?!

Old
02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
BStinson

You sure you don't want to trade Malkin to the Wings for a bunch of scrubs? (No offense to Eberle he's good but not remotely even close to Malkin)

Old
02-02-2014, 12:31 PM
ElsinoreBrewery

I dont think it really weakens the pens , it keeps garbage out of the top 6 (Gibbons, Megna, Kobasew, etc...) moves Juice and Dupuis to the 3rd line, and Letang's offense is replaced by committee, I think Justin Schultz is a better PPQB option than Letang.

Old
02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Outlandish proposal. Closed.

Closed Thread