HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Reclamation Project
黄熱病

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Could be a down year, could be the start of a decline, Dustin does turn 30 this year, he isn't a kid anymore.

My biggest issue in regards to him and Richards is not only the offensive slump, but the collapse of their entire all around games, it would be one thing if they passed the eye test and just weren't scoring goals, but they don't look good in any facet of the game.

And if they each had a year or two left on their contracts you can just let it ride and hope they can find their games, but when you are talking about 6 and 8 years left at those cap hits, Lombardi has to have all options in play this summer.
I'd still wait it out. If he's playing like this, this time next year, it's a different thing.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
The puzzling thing about the play of Brown compared to Richards is that Brown has stunk all year. Richards actually performed quite well up until late December. He had his off nights on occasion, but for the most part he was producing. Then it suddenly fall apart for him. That's the drop off that I find to be most mystifying.

The drop off in play from Voynov is also one that I'd deem to be unacceptable. He's been dreadful, and that's the only part of his play that's been consistent thus far.

Old
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The puzzling thing about the play of Brown compared to Richards is that Brown has stunk all year. Richards actually performed quite well up until late December. He had his off nights on occasion, but for the most part he was producing. Then it suddenly fall apart for him. That's the drop off that I find to be most mystifying.

The drop off in play from Voynov is also one that I'd deem to be unacceptable. He's been dreadful, and that's the only part of his play that's been consistent thus far.
Late December was about the time Sutter took Carter away from Richards wasn't it? Kind of hard to produce when you get stuck with Brown/Frattin/Williams or anyone in the bottom 6. Doesn't excuse is terrible play though.

Every game Sutter continues to put Kopi and Carter on the same line the kings are a 1 line team. Putting Carter on the 2nd line also allows 1 of Carter or Kopi to face the 2nd pairings of the other teams.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

Brown was awful in the playoffs last year as well, 18 games and only 4 points. Richards had 12 points in 15 games

Old
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Richards was still doing fine at first though when he was put with Toffoli. Toffoli and Richards were producing and absolutely dominated the Canucks when they ripped 'em a new one. Then suddenly, poof, more than half the roster decided to take an early vacation. Oddly enough, the struggles seemed to coincide with the Christmas break.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Brown was awful in the playoffs last year as well, 18 games and only 4 points. Richards had 12 points in 15 games
That is correct. But I was viewing the start of the season as a "fresh start" for him. So much for that eh?

Old
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM
KingsHockey24

Lets trade our 3rd to Florida for Scottie Upshall and trade Frattin and Fraser to Toronto for Kulemin and call it a night.

Dwight King-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams
Scottie Upshall-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Nikolai Kulemin-Jarret Stoll-Dustin Brown
Kyle Clifford-Linden Vey-Tyler Toffoli

Looks much better.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Richie10

Brown's career peak was March to June of 2012. That was the best hockey he will ever play. It helped get us a Cup and we should all be happy.

But again, that was the best hockey he will ever play.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Reclamation Project
黄熱病

Watch out, we have some soothsayers on here...

Old
02-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Primakov!

Quote:

Unfortunately Voynov isn't the only one making grievous errors that are costing the team on the scoreboard because collectively they're compounding an already difficult situation. The forwards, defensemen, and goalies together have made some gaffes that make you scratch your head as an observer because they're so uncharacteristically careless.

Passes aren't connecting, players are out of position, forwards and/or defenseman are leaving the zone early, pucks aren't getting out when they need a clear, guys are bumping into each other during transitions up the ice...

I don't know if someone forgot to pay the rent on Good Karma, but everything that was going right during the win streak is going wrong during this losing skid.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Reclamation Project
黄熱病

It'll even out.

Old
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Omni Owl

Yea, a minor shakeup mighttt be needed...

Old
02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 View Post
Lets trade our 3rd to Florida for Scottie Upshall and trade Frattin and Fraser to Toronto for Kulemin and call it a night.

Looks much better.
To be honest i actually like this lineup and it didnt cost us a arm and a leg. I don't think we could get Kulemin for fraser and Frattin however.

Old
02-02-2014, 11:40 PM
KingsHockey24

Well then a scrub and a prospect/pick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
To be honest i actually like this lineup and it didnt cost us a arm and a leg. I don't think we could get Kulemin for fraser and Frattin however.

Old
02-03-2014, 12:26 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Well then a scrub and a prospect/pick?
sadly i think it would take something like clifford or greene or vey

Old
02-03-2014, 12:34 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

I can't believe how Oilers and Flames fans on the trade board are lining up for MUZZIN like ducks in a shooting gallery... Could you imagine those Oilers fans getting buyers remorse after finding out too late how bad the muffin boy really is???

DO IT DEANO...

Old
02-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Watch out, we have some soothsayers on here...
If you really think Brown will ever approach PPG like he was in 2012, on the wrong side of 30, you're dreaming.

Guy will steadily decline from here on out. He may have two or three more 20-30 goal seasons in him, but this will come in the next 2-3 years, IF they come at all.

Old
02-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
Muzzin?
Oh you're horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Brown's career peak was March to June of 2012. That was the best hockey he will ever play. It helped get us a Cup and we should all be happy.

You're probably right, that's peak Brown and it was fantastic. But honestly, he was having a great year last year up until about the Pominville thing, 18 goals and 29 points in 46 games. 18 goals is nothing to sneeze at in the shortened season. When he came back he was kinda eh in the playoffs, and then of course whatever happened after that. So it's not like it was just 2012 pixie dust, he was still that guy for a bit. Not that that changes a whole heck of a lot right now, I'm just willing to bet it's his knee and other concerns, you don't see many guys fall off a cliff so hard outside of NFL running backs hitting 30.

02-03-2014, 03:08 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Seeing how inactive these boards are now, its nice to know I'm not the only who doesn't care about what happens to this team now.

Old
02-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
Oh you're horrible

You're probably right, that's peak Brown and it was fantastic. But honestly, he was having a great year last year up until about the Pominville thing, 18 goals and 29 points in 46 games. 18 goals is nothing to sneeze at in the shortened season. When he came back he was kinda eh in the playoffs, and then of course whatever happened after that. So it's not like it was just 2012 pixie dust, he was still that guy for a bit. Not that that changes a whole heck of a lot right now, I'm just willing to bet it's his knee and other concerns, you don't see many guys fall off a cliff so hard outside of NFL running backs hitting 30.
I dunno. If you look at Brown's playoff resume, it's pretty unspectacular outside of 2012. Beginning to think that was exception, not the rule.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:24 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 6m
Sources say Thomas Vanek has turned down a substantial offer from the #Isles, who will likely move him by Mar. 5 deadline. Story to come.

Vey, 1st, and Clifford. DO it.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Pass on Gio. The flames would want Toffoli, 1st +. There's no way, I'd give up that much.

I don't mind Gagner. I think he's very undervalued here on HF. However, isn't he primarily a RW?
Gagner is a center/RW. no need for him here.

Would gladly do Toffoli and a 1st for Gio.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

It will be real interesting to see how the King players play in the Olympics. Brown looks putrid, if all of the sudden he begins to play with some swagger then the finger gets pointed in Sutter's direction. But, if Brown continues to play like he as the Kings have a real dilemma on their hands because he's not worth what he's getting paid AND Lombardi has a track record of shuffling long time Kings out of town due to contract issues. You cannot afford to pay a 3rd line winger what Brown is due to make.

Old
02-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Perro

Quote:

Looks much better.
I like it however I do not see how LA fits it under the cap.

Old
02-03-2014, 10:40 AM
damacles1156

Once again, people already hate Stoll.....Gagner is a soft version of what Stoll was in his youth....(WITHOUT the face-off ability and PK grit)

Picture that for a moment.

Now picture Lombardi paying deadline prices for that.....

CHECK YOUR HEAD.

If you have Center ICE as I do.....ACTUALLY watch Gagner play.....

Closed Thread