HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[VAN/MTL] Dale Weise for Raphael Diaz

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 98
Don't know if already posted

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...-was-a-mistake

Seems that Diaz was underrated by a lot of people, myself included.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:30 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
WS and Waffledave are 2 different persons... But let say you wanted to talk to me, I'd say that yes....Habs might have been better with a 4th round pick. Our MVP is Timmins. Make our MVP work. And while you would not have seen this now....you would have seen it soon enough. Do you really think Weise will change this team this year? Do you think Weise signs next year? Might be but not a gimme. And if he does in Montréal like he did in Vancouver, not wanting to grind....he's not going to re-sign him. And not going to change this year's dynamics either. While a 4th round by Timmins....might change something.

Timmins hit one home run. Subban. The rest are singles. He's the Tony Gwynn of scouts.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:30 PM
ChoseLa

From today's standpoint it's pretty clear that player 61 was responsible of Eller's injury during the series against the powerful Sens.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineverplayedthegame View Post
Diaz is, in terms of results, like Gorges, a low event defensive defenceman who's good at shot blocking efficiency and on the PK.

I think Diaz might be slightly better (mostly because Gorges cratered more without Diaz than Diaz without Gorges) but it's hard to say( because I'm not sure who is worse to have as a Partner between Emelin when he came back from injury and everyday Murray).

Diaz getting similar results but with a playing style that means he takes less abuse than Gorges might very well mean he'll be effective longer.
Yeah, I read those numbers about him having a stellar goals against vs icetime. Still think he was a soft blueliner and best suited to the 3rd line but those numbers are impressive.

We'll see how he does in Vancouver but I think we'd have just been better off playing him in our lineup. We'll see I guess.

Old
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I wonder if Eller is next?
Eller or Leblanc, assuming they can even get anything for the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Yeah, I read those numbers about him having a stellar goals against vs icetime. Still think he was a soft blueliner and best suited to the 3rd line but those numbers are impressive.

We'll see how he does in Vancouver but I think we'd have just been better off playing him in our lineup. We'll see I guess.
I agree, Diaz is probably worse than his numbers suggest because he can be pressured - Diaz was probably smart not being physical, because he likely would be terrible at it (see Yannick Weber), but it also caused him to have limitations. I hate the term "soft", especially for someone who blocks as many shots as Diaz did, but he definitely was the closest player to some of the stereotypes around here about the smaller players on this team.

But the thing is, his numbers were very good, and his flaws sink him down to being an average player. And average is still better than some of what we have right now.

Last edited by Et le But: 02-03-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread