HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2013-2014 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2014, 08:00 AM
operasen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
NINE DEFENCEMEN??? I don't think so, obviously we'll see what happens next yr but I think Wikstrand stays in Sweden for another yr or if he does come over he'll be assigned to Bingo as Claesson was. BTW both Claesson & Wikstrand are left shots so I doubt they will play together. Cowen, Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Wiercioch & Boroweicki are signed for next season & Gryba is an RFA that will be re-signed considering how well he is playing. Neither Claesson & specifically Wikstrand are going to beat them out next yr, I don't see that happening at all, Claesson will likely be a first callup though. But if there is a deal a defenceman could be part of it & I'm not sure BM moves a roster defenceman unless it's Phillips or Corvo this yr.
Just that these are the guys in the discussion. I think we can find seven out of that group. Wikstrand will play in AHL to start I would think and until space is cleared, probably Claesson, since Boro is a one way next year.

Old
02-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Aggen

Högberg got to play 32 minutes today in SHL, in that period he had a shutout, about 10-15~ shots. Högberg hasn't been playing much in the SHL-2 lately, mainly due to the fact that the other goalie is the series best one, and is probably gonna advance to the SHL next season.

Old
02-09-2014, 03:12 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Just that these are the guys in the discussion. I think we can find seven out of that group. Wikstrand will play in AHL to start I would think and until space is cleared, probably Claesson, since Boro is a one way next year.
We still don't know what BM is going to do with Phillips either, if he isn't traded. I would be surprised if he is, and there are a lot of people in this city who will want Phillips re-signed. I'm not one of them but he & his wife are very popular in Ottawa & considering what happened with Alfredsson the organization is going to be in a tough spot as to what to do with Phillips. We know he wants to come back but at what cost & if they do re-sign Phillips they will have 8 defencemen again on the roster for next season unless someone else is traded. Corvo is definately gone at yr's end or earlier if they can find someone to take him in a trade this yr.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:32 AM
operasen

Quote:
We still don't know what BM is going to do with Phillips either, if he isn't traded. I would be surprised if he is, and there are a lot of people in this city who will want Phillips re-signed. I'm not one of them but he & his wife are very popular in Ottawa & considering what happened with Alfredsson the organization is going to be in a tough spot as to what to do with Phillips. We know he wants to come back but at what cost & if they do re-sign Phillips they will have 8 defencemen again on the roster for next season unless someone else is traded. Corvo is definately gone at yr's end or earlier if they can find someone to take him in a trade this yr.
For me as well, it's about the playing time taken away from developing others players. He needs to land in Edmonton where he can be the experienced leader; although I could see him in New Jersey or Boston.

The game has passed him by on most nights. he has his moments though. Be nice if he gets a Cup shot. Looks like Regin will get one

Old
02-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
if claessen really impresses then I think we see us pull the trigger on a big trade involving cowen or methot

Old
02-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Vincent Dunn has been suspended for the 5th time this season.

good.

Old
02-10-2014, 11:16 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancosaurus View Post
if claessen really impresses then I think we see us pull the trigger on a big trade involving cowen or methot
Management could see Cowen's potential being higher than Claesson's. Also, Methot could be the veteran piece we would have to keep to put the other young guys in check as their mentor.

Old
02-11-2014, 01:53 PM
WillyBilly1990

How are Sdao and Rutkowski doing havent heard anything about them lately

Old
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
WORLDSTARHIPHOP
Stone 4 Calder

I'm probably late on this but

Old
02-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Topside

Really impressed with Puempel's acting skills. I see a future 30 goal scorer if he can keep that up.

Old
02-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Claesson has no where near the upside of Cowen or possibly even Methot for that matter. He is a good prospect but he is starting to get overrated on these boards.

Old
02-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six View Post
I'm probably late on this but

This is pretty funny.

Now we know why Conacher isn't producing this year

Old
02-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Claesson has no where near the upside of Cowen or possibly even Methot for that matter. He is a good prospect but he is starting to get overrated on these boards.
I can see Claesson being a 2nd pairing dman and I dont see Cowen being anything more than a 2nd pairing dman.

I see no reason why Claesson wont end up being as good as Cowen, or even better.

Old
02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I can see Claesson being a 2nd pairing dman and I dont see Cowen being anything more than a 2nd pairing dman.

I see no reason why Claesson wont end up being as good as Cowen, or even better.
I completely disagree. Claesson at best tops out as a #4, Cowen on the other hand tops out as a #1 d man in a similar mould to Weber and Chara. Cowen is already a top 4 d man at 23 and he still has a lot of developing left. Be patient, he will be a dominant force when he reaches his prime.

Old
02-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Daffy

Quote:
I completely disagree. Claesson at best tops out as a #4, Cowen on the other hand tops out as a #1 d man in a similar mould to Weber and Chara. Cowen is already a top 4 d man at 23 and he still has a lot of developing left. Be patient, he will be a dominant force when he reaches his prime.
Just because Cowen gets top 4 minutes right now doesn't mean he is a true top 4 dman. And he has no where near the potential of Chara or Weber. Those guys are elite and aren't brain dead. Claesson looks good and seems like a really solid do everything well type of guy, but haven't seen enough of him yet.

Old
02-12-2014, 03:04 AM
Yabob

It appears that Högberg might get to stay in the SHL the rest of the season. One of the goalies is injured and is currently not expected to return this season.

Old
02-12-2014, 06:45 AM
VVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Just because Cowen gets top 4 minutes right now doesn't mean he is a true top 4 dman. And he has no where near the potential of Chara or Weber. Those guys are elite and aren't brain dead. Claesson looks good and seems like a really solid do everything well type of guy, but haven't seen enough of him yet.
Have you seen Chara at 23? He wasn't anywhere close to being "elite".

Old
02-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Biancosaurus

Quote:
I didn't say that I thought claessen had better potential than cowen or methot, but his future ability to adequately play in the top four could make cowen and methot MORE expendable if the opportunity to acquire a missing piece presented itself.

Old
02-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Walrus View Post
Have you seen Chara at 23? He wasn't anywhere close to being "elite".
Never said he was elite at 23. Just said Cowen will never be Chara.

Old
02-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Gesus
Let's win it all

Quote:
If they do decide to keep Phillips, i think they'll deal a dman before next season. One of Phillips, Boro, Wier or Gryba wont be here next year imo. Claesson stays in minors, Wikstrand in Sweden, Corvo let go.

Old
02-12-2014, 04:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I didn't say that I thought claessen had better potential than cowen or methot, but his future ability to adequately play in the top four could make cowen and methot MORE expendable if the opportunity to acquire a missing piece presented itself.
Claesson is playing against AHL players while Cowen is playing against NHL players, I think we all know there is a huge difference in size, speed & skill. I want to see him get a callup likely next yr to see how he does against NHL competition before commenting on where he will fit in. He does play a simple but effective game, doesn't over do anything & plays an exceptional positional defensive game.

Old
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Aggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
It appears that Högberg might get to stay in the SHL the rest of the season. One of the goalies is injured and is currently not expected to return this season.
The irony behind this is that I think he's gonna get more icetime in SHL than he would get in SHL-2

Old
02-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy 24m
Interesting development in CGY with @ChrisDriedger suspended by the team. (As per @NickHPatterson).

Old
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Oh no

Old
02-13-2014, 06:54 AM
VVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Never said he was elite at 23. Just said Cowen will never be Chara.
"Those guys are elite and aren't brain dead."

Cowen making mistakes at 23 doesn't mean he's brain dead. My point was that at that age Chara (not sure about Weber) wasn't much better and look where he ended up. Cowen will learn, hopefully, and if he doesn't show improvement over the next year or two, then we can move on.

Closed Thread