HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

comrie or tanguay?

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 12:14 PM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
comrie or tanguay?

Just scrolling through the poll board here at hf, and it appears that almost everyone there would have comrie over tanguay. They mentioned comrie's gritty game, which I have yet to see

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=15773

Old
10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
Just scrolling through the poll board here at hf, and it appears that almost everyone there would have comrie over tanguay. They mentioned comrie's gritty game, which I have yet to see

You obviously don't watch many Oiler games then. Comrie is always out there being physical, in some shape or form. I mean he has gotten into fights, one of which was with someone 6 inches taller and 60 lbs heavier.

Grit doesn't always mean driving people through the boards.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:19 PM
shoyen

Send a message via ICQ to shoyen
Quote:

I would place Comrie as one of the grittiest players on the oilers! He may not be a huge physical presence, but he is a dirty little bugger and sure doesnt shy away from the rough stuff. Just ask Forsberg about Comrie's elbow last season

Old
10-02-2003, 01:21 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
You obviously don't watch many Oiler games then. Comrie is always out there being physical, in some shape or form. I mean he has gotten into fights, one of which was with someone 6 inches taller and 60 lbs heavier.

Grit doesn't always mean driving people through the boards.

Obviously I don't, so why don't you tell me what running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get penalties and get injured is, because it certainly isn't grit, and comrie has done it many times

Old
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
theoil

Quote:
Obviously I don't, so why don't you tell me what running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get penalties and get injured is, because it certainly isn't grit, and comrie has done it many times
Oh my, somebody is in a bad mood. Comrie has always played with an edge similar to Fleury. When you are 5'6" that obviously takes a different look upon it than when you are 6'1". But Comrie doesn't take any crap and he will go into the corners with anybody. He is gritty.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Oh my, somebody is in a bad mood. Comrie has always played with an edge similar to Fleury. When you are 5'6" that obviously takes a different look upon it than when you are 6'1". But Comrie doesn't take any crap and he will go into the corners with anybody. He is gritty.
Remember when he went after Hatcher one game...Hatcher seemed stunned that Comrie would even do that...

Old
10-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
You obviously don't watch many Oiler games then.
Quote:
Obviously I don't, so why don't you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
Oh my, somebody is in a bad mood.
Go to your rooms!

Old
10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
jadeddog

as much as i complain about the money that comrie makes, he *does* play with some fire in the belly most of the time, and i would take him over tanguay in a second to be quite honest.... i just hope most GMs think so highly of him, so that lowe can get something good for him at least, but im gonna be sad to see him go for the exact reasons as mentioned in this thread

Old
10-02-2003, 03:45 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Umm... He has been injured once, and it was because he got hit in the hand with a puck.

Old
10-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Master Lok

Remember the stretch drive of 2001-2002? Comrie was there scoring the big goals while being mugged and without much help with Smyth still recovering from injury that year...

Closed Thread