HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Why would I not like them?

I don't dislike Eller
, just hate the way he's played the last 3 months, needs a serious wake up call.
dont remember you saying something positive about him...

Old
02-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
When he plays with skilled player he trusts, you'll see him dishing the puck A LOT MORE. It's been proven when paired with Gally or Chuckie.

When the player he's playing with aren't talented, he hogs the puck and tries to simply keep possession from my observation as though he's happy just getting the puck in the offensive zone.

He's a top 6 forward in my books but he needs skilled linemates in order to produce regularly as I see him as more of a complementary offensive player. He's not good enough to create points with Moen, Prust, Bourque, Briere, etc. but he's good enough when playing with others who can create offence. Otherwise, he's what you see now. A big defensive centre that holds possession.
Even Plekanec - a proven passer with the right help, has been accused around here of being a puck hog for not passing enough when he has plugs on his wings.

Eller is guilty of holding the puck to long at times - he's the best puck protecting forward on this team and one of the few who can get things done through puck handling, and it's not unheard of for a puck protecting forward to overplay the puck - especially one who doesn't have the vision of a Jagr for instance.

However, blaming Eller for not passing to Prust more often is ridiculous. If anything he's been passing a lot more recently now that Bourque has a pulse, and Bourque is hardly a guy who makes his linemates better.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
ProspectsFanatic
Artturi Lehkonen

It's all about confidence, Eller has everything to succeed. Dr Guimond already help him in the past, I'm don't really understand why it didn't last..?

Old
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Moncton backs mgmt no matter what. If he didn't, then I wouldn't have posted what I did.

And anyone who argues that Eller should be in the pressbox because he's not producing doesn't have his head screwed on straight.
Actually, the pressbox COULD have been an option, but this team can REALLY not afford it without taking Bournival off the wings, giving harder minutes to TP and DD (because Bournival CANNOT play at C the minutes Eller plays at C), and without accepting that the center line got from small to ridiculously small.

Other possible options (Daniel Brière and Brandon Prust; considering White is 4th C) shouldn't even be called options for Eller duties.

The ONLY, ONLY way I could see it is AG getting the call at C instead of Eller, but then again, that's all kind of stupid.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Maybe if you watched a few NHL games you'd have a clue...

...you're a Management apologist, amigo...please forgive me if I laugh at your foolishness...

Old
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
I wanted Bergevin to trade him last draft when his value was at its peak in order to draft Nichushkin whose value was at its lowest. The problem with Eller is his lack of vision. I love everything else about him and I do love the EGG line because it meshed; Galchenyuk distributing the puck, Eller and Gallagher playing crash and bang. As of now, I think MT should try to pair Eller with one playmaking winger... maybe Brière ?

Old
KrejciMVP

I drafted Eller. I thought I was a genius fantasy wise the first few weeks. I still have him on the roster but I might have no choice but to make the move

Old
02-03-2014, 05:26 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorehabs View Post
Give him pacioretty and gallagher and give DD prust and borque and see what happens.

Still disgusted by MT's ***** for DD. Wrecking the core and important players on the team for a 5'6 borderline useless midget. See where it's gotten us lately. Hate the favorism.
This...now you can /thread...

Old
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I drafted Eller. I thought I was a genius fantasy wise the first few weeks. I still have him on the roster but I might have no choice but to make the move
I drafted him too everyone thought I was crazy but the first 10 games he was great. I dumped him at around game 20

Old
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Even Plekanec - a proven passer with the right help, has been accused around here of being a puck hog for not passing enough when he has plugs on his wings.

Eller is guilty of holding the puck to long at times - he's the best puck protecting forward on this team and one of the few who can get things done through puck handling, and it's not unheard of for a puck protecting forward to overplay the puck - especially one who doesn't have the vision of a Jagr for instance.

However, blaming Eller for not passing to Prust more often is ridiculous. If anything he's been passing a lot more recently now that Bourque has a pulse, and Bourque is hardly a guy who makes his linemates better.
I never blamed him. You assumed I did.

I think Eller is a core piece and he's being misused and since he doesn't know his role he rather prevent the other team from scoring as opposed to trying to score!

It's part of his role as a defensive forward to make sure the puck is out of our end. I'm saying that since he doesn't have confidence in his wingers that's why he holds the puck longer. That's what I'm assuming

Old
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
TT1

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
It's all about confidence, Eller has everything to succeed. Dr Guimond already help him in the past, I'm don't really understand why it didn't last..?
pay attention to how he positions himself when hes about to get hit, i think the gryba hit shook him up quite a bit. absorbing a hit safely is an artform in itself, players like plekanec are particularly good at it. he rarely puts himself in a vulnerable position, with eller it always seems like hes open for a big hit. and alot of the time he hesitates and gets rid of the puck too early so he can brace himself for the hit

Old
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
MXD

Quote:
Give him pacioretty and gallagher and give DD prust and borque and see what happens.
In my wished-lines for this season, I had exactly this for our 3rd line. DD played one game with them, one of his best of the season. But then one of the wingers got hurt and we never heard of it again.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

I figured he would have a difficult time after the big hit in the playoffs. That was really scary and im sure it's still in the back of his mind somewhere. Silly me! The Dane is strong! Eller surprised me with a solid start : 7 pts in 5 games including 2 GWG. The Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher line was praised by everyone, the future of our forward core.

But DD went full ****** with no points in 20 games and the whole management figured it would be better to do everything to make DD produce.(this is total speculation: i believe they were ready to cut him but the Mayor had to tweet about it and MB ego got hurt) This also affected Plekanec offensive production.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
This...now you can /thread...
I agree to an extent, but it's not like Eller beat DD flat out of the line-up. Eller has to steal DD's spot like DD stole Gomez's spot, he needs to beat him at it, which he hasn't done so far. I hate DD as much as the next guy and I'm disgusted Galchenyuk isn't playing enough on the PP... but DD has seniority over both of them and they need to take his place by beating him out of the line-up like Beaulieu just did with Diaz. Don't give me crap excuses. Eller needs to earn it.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

But DD went full ****** with no points in 20 games and the whole management figured it would be better to do everything to make DD produce. This also affected Plekanec offensive production.
If anything, DD was demoted, scratched, 4th lined, scratched, tweeted to Hamilton, 4th lined... and ended up playing well on the 4th line with nobody doing anything up front (for a 2-game stint...), hence got "called back" to first line.

Once could say he "deserved" he spot back, but I would actually have liked to see him "deserved" for a wee bit longer.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I agree to an extent, but it's not like Eller beat DD flat out of the line-up. Eller has to steal DD's spot like DD stole Gomez's spot, he needs to beat him at it, which he hasn't done so far. I hate DD as much as the next guy and I'm disgusted Galchenyuk isn't playing enough on the PP... but DD has seniority over both of them and they need to take his place by beating him out of the line-up like Beaulieu just did with Diaz. Don't give me crap excuses. Eller needs to earn it.
Technically, Eller has seniority over DD, and one could say DD "passed" him on their rookie seasons.

Granted, Eller was really NOT the player he is right now.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:35 PM
hardcorehabs

Quote:
Basically DD "beat" Eller out by putting up 0 points in 20 games while Eller was off to a great start. Talk about earning it.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Blaming Eller's slide solely on Therrien is farcical at best and delusional at worst. Eller might not be playing with premier offensive players anymore and he might not get enough/any PP time, but there are still parts to his game that are suspect: his decision-making, for one, and passing need to be better for him to start having more success again. It's frustrating to watch him out there. He has all the skill and size to succeed and have an impact, even in a non-top 6 role like last year. We haven't seen that enough out of him this year.

His confidence can't be very high at this point, and that doesn't help, but it'd be nice if he started doing the little things right again.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:37 PM
MXD

Quote:
Basically DD "beat" Eller out by putting up 0 points in 20 games while Eller was off to a great start. Talk about earning it.
... You wanna know how to screw up a perfectly valid opinion?

Distort facts.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:37 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#DaFoxholeIzDead

Quote:
...that's horseshyza; Eller did beat the crap outta Smurfharnais' production at the start of the season and, as a result, Therrien did everything he could to make the smurf succeed and killed Eller in the process...DD's supposed success is at the cost of the Habs success...period.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
FF de Mars

Eller needed to continue being a force and constantly beat DD out of the line-up. What did Eller do when DD was scratched ? Nothing. What did Eller do when DD was on the 4th line ? Nothing.

And I can't believe you guys are making me defend DD. I don't like him at all ! I want him off the team ASAP.

If Eller was that good, he would make players around him better. As a matter of fact, it is Galchenyuk and Gallagher who made Eller look good, not the other way around.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
MXD

Quote:

If Eller was that good, he would make players around him better. As a matter of fact, it is Galchenyuk and Gallagher who made Eller look good, not the other way around.
THIS.

... But then again, there's nothing wrong with being third to Gallagher and Galchenyuk, and they worked well. Still not an idea long-term line for obvious reasons.

MT totally needs to find another RW for DD/MP line if he intends to keep them together, and I'm not sure he has such player on his hands however.

Old
02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Eller is the next Andrei Kostitsyn . both high drafted player , with big frame and lots of potential that show flashes of brilliance but can't put it all together.

Eller is an enigmatic Danish
Funny, those 2 were successful together

Old
02-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...that's horseshyza; Eller did beat the crap outta Smurfharnais' production at the start of the season and, as a result, Therrien did everything he could to make the smurf succeed and killed Eller in the process...DD's supposed success is at the cost of the Habs success...period.
I hate it when people get hurt but I wouldn't care if DD were to get his face smacked up against the boards or into the montreal bench hitting therrien in the process

Old
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM
WhatJustHappened
A.k.a compile

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to WhatJustHappened
When Eller plays with the same line mates for more then 5 mins and his production sucks then you can ***** all you want.

He's literally played with everyone on the roster every other shift.

Ps OP has 1 post and this is it. Smells like someone trying to start something for no reason. Maybe I should make a new account and make a post on why does DD get 5+ mins of pp time when he only has 27 pts.

Closed Thread