HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to Lars Eller?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2014, 12:37 AM
  #876
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,481
vCash: 500
He wasn't as bad as his numbers (and the hate) suggested this season, but he was absurdly inconsistent.

He's been a beast on both ends all playoffs, and even when he doesn't get points, hasn't dropped off.

Yes, he occasionally makes a bad turnover. He's not Bergeron. But he's been a beast at protecting the puck, gritty, playing mostly intelligently, and his passing has been at least pretty good.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:39 AM
  #877
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 25,423
vCash: 500
Yeah, what DID happen to Eller? He's playing really, really well.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:47 AM
  #878
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, what DID happen to Eller? He's playing really, really well.
I bet the fans here who wanted Eller traded away during the season when he was struggling have changed their minds now.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:53 AM
  #879
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, what DID happen to Eller? He's playing really, really well.
Nothing...
He is and always was the type of PO performer coaches love.
No BS with Lars direct play.

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 01:18 AM
  #880
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Nothing...
He is and always was the type of PO performer coaches love.
No BS with Lars direct play.
yeah he was even damn good in '11.

now he's just out of his mind.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 02:28 AM
  #881
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,283
vCash: 883
I wish he would translate his defensive zone puck poise to offensive zone more. He is able to calm everything down in D zone by getting puck and not panicking. If he can slow play down more in O-Zone he'll be more dangerous.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 02:40 AM
  #882
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,612
vCash: 500
The best news here is that Galchenyuk can be back this series.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
  #883
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish he would translate his defensive zone puck poise to offensive zone more. He is able to calm everything down in D zone by getting puck and not panicking. If he can slow play down more in O-Zone he'll be more dangerous.
He has made some phenominal O zone plays all to Gio.
If Gio finishes half of them he has 4 more points.
But of course seeing he has no vision I can see that getting overlooked

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 10:34 AM
  #884
Hope Of Glory
Registered User
 
Hope Of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Eller's playmaking skills are underrated. He was great at feeding his wingers in the last few games and that resulted in great scoring chances they couldn't bury. I was really impressed last nice (and in game 6), it probably was the first time he showed a vision that good.

Hope Of Glory is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
  #885
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Eller's playmaking skills are underrated. He was great at feeding his wingers in the last few games and that resulted in great scoring chances they couldn't bury. I was really impressed last nice (and in game 6), it probably was the first time he showed a vision that good.
Yup,
one little note that says much.
MT used Eller directly after both our first and second goals.
The shift after a goal is always a focal point for a coach.

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 10:41 AM
  #886
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,972
vCash: 500
The Eller in the playoffs is night and day from the Eller this season. Even the Eller we saw early in the season. Gionta has been crucial for him.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 11:00 AM
  #887
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
The Eller in the playoffs is night and day from the Eller this season. Even the Eller we saw early in the season. Gionta has been crucial for him.
Agreed,
Very simply this Lars played most of the year with one oar in the water.
Clearly not understanding what role MT expected of him.
The minute they added Gio his play started improving.
Having an understanding of the "C's" role on the club helped him with his.

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 11:07 AM
  #888
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
The Eller in the playoffs is night and day from the Eller this season. Even the Eller we saw early in the season. Gionta has been crucial for him.
He's the eller of last year, again. Strong on the puck, great stick handling and effective at gaining the zone.

overlords is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 11:12 AM
  #889
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He's the eller of last year, again. Strong on the puck, great stick handling and effective at gaining the zone.
He has some scary upside if he ever puts it all together.

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:01 PM
  #890
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Well, since Therrien use his system of 2-man agressive forecheck.....he's the same guy we saw last year and in the first 20 games, that system is made for a guy like Eller.

In the last 2 games, if we look at ES ice time, he's been used as a second line center in ice-time.

Good in all 3-zone, physical, agressive and productive.....what's not to like.
He's a keeper in my book...always were!

Milhouse40 is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
  #891
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 500
Awards:
I was pretty harsh on Eller during the regular season (which I don't take back, he was bad) but he has been sensational in the playoffs.

That's the thing with Eller though...he'll dazzle you for 30 games and go missing for 30 games. If he can play the way he's playing in the playoffs all the time, no one will ever have an unkind word to say about him again.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:49 PM
  #892
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was pretty harsh on Eller during the regular season (which I don't take back, he was bad) but he has been sensational in the playoffs.

That's the thing with Eller though...he'll dazzle you for 30 games and go missing for 30 games. If he can play the way he's playing in the playoffs all the time, no one will ever have an unkind word to say about him again.
Well, thankfully that's all you generally need for the playoffs
And yes, he's been great this playoffs

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
05-15-2014, 12:58 PM
  #893
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
Eller is a bull in a china shop. He's not going to succeed in a system that requires reading of the game, like a trapping system.

If you let him react to what he's seeing, chase pucks, hit people, you will see how good he can be.

He has to play in an aggressive system where he just reacts to the play instead of sitting back and trying to anticipate.

TheGoalJudge is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 02:29 AM
  #894
G0bias
Registered User
 
G0bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
''we're gonna run them out''

Eller to his dad right after losing game 5 in Boston.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...minate-bruins/

no ****s given

G0bias is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 05:40 AM
  #895
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
''we're gonna run them out''

Eller to his dad right after losing game 5 in Boston.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...minate-bruins/

no ****s given
Seems Eller Sr. Respects Therrien aswell

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
  #896
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
''we're gonna run them out''

Eller to his dad right after losing game 5 in Boston.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...minate-bruins/

no ****s given
Olaf Eller? Real Vikings.

Lars Eller AKA Ragnar Lothbrok.

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 01:21 PM
  #897
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
''we're gonna run them out''

Eller to his dad right after losing game 5 in Boston.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...minate-bruins/

no ****s given

JAVO16 is offline  
Old
05-16-2014, 07:37 PM
  #898
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Eller is a bull in a china shop. He's not going to succeed in a system that requires reading of the game, like a trapping system.

If you let him react to what he's seeing, chase pucks, hit people, you will see how good he can be.

He has to play in an aggressive system where he just reacts to the play instead of sitting back and trying to anticipate.
The Habs as a team play their very best hockey when they "Skate first and ask questions later."

GHG

Rapala is online now  
Old
05-16-2014, 08:03 PM
  #899
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,149
vCash: 500
I love watching Eller play on the penalty kill. Just a puck possession beast out there.

SB164 is online now  
Old
05-27-2014, 10:10 PM
  #900
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,086
vCash: 500
My boy Larry Love is a beast. The only struggle is the struggle of a blind coaching staff.

Ezpz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.