HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi...?

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 06:58 PM
spudboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
Didn't Matt Johson end Jeff Beukebooms career with a sucker punch playing for the Kings?
Exactly.
I said the Kings should have tried to get Bertuzzi several years ago, when many were down on him. This is would be the last chance to get him. The guy was a horse (provided he didn't have Palmeiro type help).

Old
08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Captain Ron

This may be a mute point anyway. Bettman hasn't even made a ruling on if/when Bertuzzi will be allowed to play again. I definitely wouldn't want the Kings to trade for a guy who will be suspended half of the season.

Old
08-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
It's definitely an Italian thing. That's why we both support Bertuzzi......another fellow WOP!

That is awesome. I have an unbelievable Baggio DVD from RAI. What a magician....probably the best Italian player in a long time, and very humble. Todays stars in every sport are becoming royal pain in the butt's. What happened to the days when people just played for the love of their game........Very few left.

Are you an AC Milan supporter, or Atalanta?

Juve is my club..........
Atalanta? Are you kidding right?
I live in the province of Bergamo from last September, but I was born and grew up in a small town 2km east of Milano. I've been a Milan season ticket holder from 1983 to 2003...even though since Van Basten retired something has changed for me, I still miss him.

FYI, don't say a word about the Champions League Final...

Old
08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Atalanta? Are you kidding right?
I live in the province of Bergamo from last September, but I was born and grew up in a small town 2km east of Milano. I've been a Milan season ticket holder from 1983 to 2003...even though since Van Basten retired something has changed for me, I still miss him.

FYI, don't say a word about the Champions League Final...
I'm jealous!

I'm hoping to go to Torino next year for the Olympics, so I can kill two birds with one stone. Watch great hockey, and hopefully see Juve play.

As for the final, I had a big party that day to watch the game. We were all disappointed and shocked. It would never happen again, and people will never understand how lucky Liverpool got. They didn't deserve it in my eyes, and they got abused all over the park. Six minutes...........of who knows what the ***** happened. As for PK's? Italians never win in PK's. Only way it can happen is if two Italian teams are playing each other.

Milan are still Italian, so naturally I had to root for them, even though i'm a Juve supporter. If I were to say that in Italy i'd be shot. Maybe it's not as big a deal out here............because I enjoy lots of the players on the Milan squad.

Old
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Glockaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I'd love to have Bert too.
Swing, I have to feeling we agree on a lot of subjects...I guess it's the italian blood.

Ditto. My family's from Calabria.

Old
08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockaxis
Ditto. My family's from Calabria.
I have lots of relatives from Calabria. My parents are from the province of Molise, near Boiano. Smallest province in Italy.

Old
08-08-2005, 06:29 PM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Nobody needs him in LA right now? Are you kidding me? One of the top 5 forwards in the leauge? I would take him in a minute.

His value is at an all time low right now, but you'd have to give up something HUGE to get the guy. Cammy, Miller and a first rounder or some crap people have been spewing about other trades ain't going to get the job done.

George

I'll second that! Yes, sign and take him.

Closed Thread