HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Datsyuk Rumor

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
The Datsyuk Rumor

link @ Rumors Board
link @ LetsGoWings.com
Detroit Free Press Report

Old
08-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Bob A Booey

I would love to see Datsyuk in a KIngs uniform. I will keep my fingers crossed. No way would I give up Brown for him though......Cams....No problem

Old
08-07-2005, 07:19 AM
King Blazer

From the DFP article:

Datsyuk reportedly is asking for at least $4 million

I'll pass on Datsyuk thanks. If the Kings have to use Cammalleri to move Miller I'll be very disappointed...

Datsyuk has been inconsistent for his three years in the NHL and at 28 the Kings will be getting 5-yrs older with him. How long before Datsyuk will be an UFA? Next season? So, in order to keep from losing Datsyuk to the FA market they'll have to go long-term with him? I wouldn't do the deal...

Now if the Kings are shopping Cammalleri obviously they don't see him as a piece of their puzzle. It's too bad because I think the kid does have it in him. Of all the deals they've done in recent years, this one does have to ability to come back and bite them in the arse...

I really hope they don't do this deal...

Old
08-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
From the DFP article:

I'll pass on Datsyuk thanks. If the Kings have to use Cammalleri to move Miller I'll be very disappointed...

Datsyuk has been inconsistent for his three years in the NHL and at 28 the Kings will be getting 5-yrs older with him. How long before Datsyuk will be an UFA? Next season? So, in order to keep from losing Datsyuk to the FA market they'll have to go long-term with him? I wouldn't do the deal...

Now if the Kings are shopping Cammalleri obviously they don't see him as a piece of their puzzle. It's too bad because I think the kid does have it in him. Of all the deals they've done in recent years, this one does have to ability to come back and bite them in the arse...

That's interesting, because I see it as the Kings getting 6 years *younger*. Datsyuk (who just turned 27, apparently) is being brought in because we couldn't sign Palffy (33). And while Datsyuk may have been inconsistent, he's at least shown that he's consistent enough to belong in the NHL. Sadly, the same cannot be said about Cammalleri.................yet!

Old
08-07-2005, 07:55 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
That's interesting, because I see it as the Kings getting 6 years *younger*. Datsyuk (who just turned 27, apparently) is being brought in because we couldn't sign Palffy (33). And while Datsyuk may have been inconsistent, he's at least shown that he's consistent enough to belong in the NHL. Sadly, the same cannot be said about Cammalleri.................yet!
And Cammalleri just turned 23 so going from a 23 to 27 yr old isn't getting younger. Palffy's gone and wasn't coming back. If DT and the rest didn't see that writing on the wall then they're no where near as smart as I've given them credit for. My guess is that if Palffy was healthy at the trade deadline he would have been dealt. The Kings just lost a top wing in the game for nothing. Palffy's injury likely prevented the Kings from moving him at the deadline and probably saved someone's job in the front office. You can't lose players or the caliber of Palffy for nothing and not hold the FO accountable. Palffy NEVER chose to play in L.A., he was exiled there by MM after he held out for more dough in NY. So I see it as he never wanted to be here and was leaving no matter what. Kings get older in this deal. This whole trying to resign Palffy was the Kings doing the only thing they could do after not being able to move him at the deadline of the 03-04 season.

Your right, Cammalleri at 21 couldn't beat out Palffy or another RW for a top RW position so the Kings should trade him now that Palffys gone. Makes perfect sense to me...

Finally, Datsyuk's numbers in Europe last season were ok, not quite as impressive as his team mate Pavel Rosa's but still ok. Given that the new NHL rules will be closer to the European rules this season, maybe Rosa's the guy the Kings should be looking at. They could probably get him cheap but I doubt it will happen...

Last edited by King Blazer: 08-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old
08-07-2005, 11:00 AM
orangeandblack

didnt the kings originally draft rosa?

Old
08-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack
Yes.

Old
08-07-2005, 11:08 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblack
Yes they did. He was in the system for years but never was able to catch on at the NHL level. He left for Europe when he bacame a UFA...

Old
08-07-2005, 11:25 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
From the DFP article:

Great post! These guys need to start blurring their vision and add about 5 inches to Cammy's height. Then everybody will say "wow" what a great prospect we have. It's like beating on a dead horse here. I wouldn't trade Cammy for anyone right now, because this club hasn't given him a legitimate shot. We can thank AM, and his system of robots.
Bottom line is Cammy will be the bargaining chip of any deal, because of AM's relationship with him.
I feel like i've been posting the same thing for 3 years now! Cammy is amazing! Get over his height and watch his skills. He can play at the NHL level, and he's already proven it. You guys make it sound like Palffy was 6'3. St. Louis is another monster. Give the guy 82 games in a Kings jersey, than come and talk to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaleks
Sadly, the same cannot be said about Cammalleri.................yet!
I guess guys like Chartrand, Johnson, Tripp, Belanger,..etc belong on the ice every night........because man they can skate. Useless is my defintion. Cammy excites the crowd, but why would we want that? He was also at a point a game pace. Don't want that either. Cammy goes on a slump..............Wow, two games and he gets demoted to the fourth, only to get sent down to Manchester. What games do you watch?

Old
08-07-2005, 11:34 AM
gerhart

Send a message via MSN to gerhart
I don't know if I would give up Cammalleri for Dats. The price range is totally outrageous, and Cammy is certainly developing into a great scorer. DT should certainly look at the age difference, too. The Kings don't need Dats to win. Cammalleri has too much potential for this deal.

As for Rosa, I never liked how the Kings treated him. He had two points in two games in '03-'04 and put up stellar numbers in Manchester. But, then again, I never really saw him play too much, really. I guess he needs to be a top 6 player to be effective, and the Kings already have too many of those.

Old
08-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Tadite

27 year year old top line 30 goal scorers don't exactly grown on trees.

I don't think they will trade Datsyuk but if they do I would be more then happy to trade Cammy for him.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
27 year year old top line 30 goal scorers don't exactly grown on trees.

I don't think they will trade Datsyuk but if they do I would be more then happy to trade Cammy for him.
Then go for it!

Send the message that when players in the development system are really coming into their own and ready to challenge and more likely than not contribute to the big club they'll be traded for older, ridiculous salary demanding, inconsistant, can't match Pavel Rosa's numbers in an NHL stacked Europe league on a team with Frolov and AO.

You have no guarantees that Datsyuk will come to L.A. and score 30-goals and you have no guarantees that Cammalleri won't put up 30 goals either. 23 year old 30 goal scores don't grow on trees either. Buy hey, pull the trigger!

Old
08-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Chartrand

Is offense still a problem for LA, and if so...as much as defense and goaltending appears to be?

Frolov, Roenick, Demitra ( or whatever combination of the three ) is a solid top line.

Conroy is a great anchor for the second line, and any combination of Robitaille, Klatt ( if he returns ), Brown, and Cammalleri isn't horrible either. Luc is old but led the Kings in scoring, and Klatt put up more than 40 points. Armstrong to Conroy is a good upgrade, too.

I think the scoring lines are atleast adequate...aren't they? There's room for improvement for all three departments ( offense, defense, goalie ), but where is that room the largest?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Then go for it!

Send the message that when players in the development system are really coming into their own and ready to challenge and more likely than not contribute to the big club they'll be traded for older, ridiculous salary demanding, inconsistant, can't match Pavel Rosa's numbers in an NHL stacked Europe league on a team with Frolov and AO.

You have no guarantees that Datsyuk will come to L.A. and score 30-goals and you have no guarantees that Cammalleri won't put up 30 goals either. 23 year old 30 goal scores don't grow on trees either. Buy hey, pull the trigger!

You make a 27 year old sound like some 35 year old with one season left in his career.

There are no guarantees on anything but who would you rather have the guy who has done it in the NHL and is not even in the prime of his career. Or the guy who has only done it in the AHL and the last time he was in the NHL he got a concusion playing soccer?

Being a good drafting team is more then just, draft and watch them play, its also draft and trade to get what you need...

Either way Kings fans are the only people on earth that wouldn't trae Cammy for Pavol Datsyuk. Everyone else probably doesn't even know who Cammy is...

My god people still bring up Rosa? Goes to show how little prospect talent we had back in the day.

Last edited by Tadite: 08-07-2005 at 12:20 PM. Reason: opps
Old
08-07-2005, 12:33 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
About the whole Rosa and people saying just bring him back umm look at Armstrong he put up the most points in the AHL how did that work for us in the NHL? just because people can play somewhere doesn't mean they can in the NHL. Rosa is best goal scorer in the AHL, RSL and i truelly think could of been good in the NHL but wasn't given the chance. Point is Datsyuk may not of put up as many points as Rosa but thats a different league and he can put pts up in the NHL. This being said i actually keep going back and forth if this is good or bad its hard to tell with Camms what he will be

Old
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Captain Ron

I have seen Datsyuk play alot at the NHL level. I think he is really overrated. Other than one 30 goal season what has he done? Don't forget he was on a line with Brett Hull. If you put Cammi on a line with Brett Hull I guarantee you he would have scored at least 30 goals.

Don't forget we just got a player in the draft by the name of Dany Roussin. If you go by his stats he would be an up and coming star in the NHL. Unfortunately for Roussin most people say his stats are overrated because he played with Crosby. Until Datsyuk can prove himself without the aid of a future hall of fame linemate I will think the same of Datsyuk.

Old
08-07-2005, 01:05 PM
King Blazer

I wasn't suggesting that the Kings bring back Rosa. You can't ignore a couple of things here:

Datsuyk DID play on the same team with Rosa in Russia this past season.

I agree that the RSL is not the NHL. However, the rules and the game in the NHL are going to be a lot closer to the RSL than hey have been since WWII. Does previous NHL performance still "count" for anything? Sure it does. But I suggest that given the rules changes in the NHL this season and the talent that played in the RSL last season, last years Europen numbers are at some level, a gauge.

All I've done is say that Datsuyk has been inconsistent in his 3-yrs in the NHL. Then, when he played in a league under rules that will be very close to those played in the NHL this season he scored at a level of Pavel Rosa. Discount it, ignore it. Facts are facts and those are the facts.

So go ahead and talk about what a brilliant move it would be to tade Cammalleri for Datsuyk at the reported $4-million/yr salary and I'll just be here LMOA....

Old
08-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

What's worse, is that the rumored deal is Datsyuk for Mike Cammalleri, Aaron Miller, cash consideration, and 2nd round pick .... Datsyuk is established but has had really all of one very good year, as mentioned being feed by Bret Hull, Cam's COULD be as good could be better, give him a chance. Next we lose Miller, ok he has been injury prone, but with the year off, as long as they remained in some conditioning routine most players should come back healthier than ever, and when healthy, Miller has been very solid .... next we lose $$$ against the cap, AND a draft pick ? to me that's WAY overpaying for a guy, like supposedly Frolov, that may stay in Russia anyways, and is asking for the moon after all of one good season. NO WAY, is this a good trade for the Kings. Create 2 voids, lose $ and a high round pick, and fill it with one player ... did we not learn from the Allison deal that it's a mistake to do that ?

Give the kids a chance to play on lines where they can produce, a Kid per line with 2 vets .... Brown 1st line {20 yr} , Cammalleri 2nd line {23 yr}, Lehoux 3rd line {23 yr} or call up (let's see how his health and rehabilitation has gone), and Kostopoulos {26 yr} 4th line duty ... mix and match as injuries happen throughout the season.

We've drafted well since 2000, it's 3-4-5 years into the good drafting and held on to these draftee's, time to see if it's been a positive and get them ice time.

My 2

Old
08-07-2005, 03:15 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

its not like we're getting a veteran in datasyuk people, he's still what people would consider "youth". he's at an age where we can build around him. a team with frolov and datsyuk as the core is incredible. if DT can land him with a contract of 3-5 years, man, i'd be so happy with that trade. and yes, cammalleri may end up as good as datasyuk, but datsyuk already proved he can do it, cammy is a question mark still. plus, i dont think i have to mention his hands, gawd what amazing things he can do with the puck.

anyways, miller + cammy + cash + 2nd prob won't do it. we would probably have to give up more. plus, i dont get why we have to give up cash, that doesn't make sense at all since detroit is one of the highest grossing teams in the league. don't hold ur breath for this rumor to be even remotely true, but if it were, wow, we'd be getting a helluva player and a cheap price.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Nutter and KB once again rule.

08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Well, the person who started the rumor just started yet another thread saying that it's not panning out, so we can go ahead and fantasize about someone else now.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=159928

Old
08-07-2005, 03:27 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Nutter and KB once again rule.
Same to your posts.

I'm about to get kicked out any day soon!

Old
08-07-2005, 03:28 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting that the Kings bring back Rosa. You can't ignore a couple of things here:

Datsuyk DID play on the same team with Rosa in Russia this past season.

I agree that the RSL is not the NHL. However, the rules and the game in the NHL are going to be a lot closer to the RSL than hey have been since WWII. Does previous NHL performance still "count" for anything? Sure it does. But I suggest that given the rules changes in the NHL this season and the talent that played in the RSL last season, last years Europen numbers are at some level, a gauge.

All I've done is say that Datsuyk has been inconsistent in his 3-yrs in the NHL. Then, when he played in a league under rules that will be very close to those played in the NHL this season he scored at a level of Pavel Rosa. Discount it, ignore it. Facts are facts and those are the facts.

So go ahead and talk about what a brilliant move it would be to tade Cammalleri for Datsuyk at the reported $4-million/yr salary and I'll just be here LMOA....
i don't get it, ur saying ur not suggesting u want rosa and yet ur comparing rosa's output to datsyuk based on numbers. by virtue of comparing the two, u are saying you prefer one over the other, which is at the moment rosa. also, i don't get why ur comparing datsyuk's numbers to rosa's numbers, rosa is a fairly one track player. if he doesn't score he's not that very useful.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:38 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i don't get it, ur saying ur not suggesting u want rosa and yet ur comparing rosa's output to datsyuk based on numbers. by virtue of comparing the two, u are saying you prefer one over the other, which is at the moment rosa. also, i don't get why ur comparing datsyuk's numbers to rosa's numbers, rosa is a fairly one track player. if he doesn't score he's not that very useful.
KPD sometimes we agree, and sometimes we disagree. But c'mon man? How many different scenarios is KB suppose to give. The thread is about Datsyuk, and he's giving out facts about the player. I think Datsyuk is a brilliant player, and he has sublime puck handling skills. But so did Ziggy, and he's gone for nothing. Now we want to give a player like Cammy, who some of you never want to see given a real shot....for whatever reason. Maybe because he's 5'9, but hey let's bring in someone that's 5'10. It's a lame trade and one that I hope never happens. Datsyuk has been given a true chance for three years now. Let Cammy get the same. We can than compare stats. Cammy is a Chris Drury clone......he's a winner and a true competitor. Plus he's very confident and will prove all doubters wrong. I just hope AM releases the reigns and lets him play his style. But I doubt it.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:39 PM
guzmania

This is the suckiest rumor yet.

We'll take the cap hit, you get a decent prospect. That's all. En toto. Over and out. Write if you get work. This other scenerio won't work, it's disgusting, like Crawford and Monroe in the same bed.

The reason we are even mentioned in this fantasy is because of the position DT has placed us in, ie caproom, valuable veterans and prospects.

Last edited by guzmania: 08-07-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Closed Thread