HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Predictions for Kvalserien?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
  #1
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Predictions for Kvalserien?

Which SHL-teams will play Kvalserien?

Which teams from Allsvenskan will play Kvalserien?

Which team(s) will get promoted/relegated?

I think the teams will be:
  • AIK
  • Djurgården
  • Malmö
  • Karlskoga
  • Västerås
  • Örebro

And I think it will end like this:
  1. Örebro
  2. Västerås
  3. AIK
  4. Karlskoga
  5. Malmö
  6. Djurgården

Schedule for Kvalserien:

March 17: Playoff team (Mora, Karlskrona, Karlskoga or Rögle)–Örebro, AIK–Djurgården, Malmö–Västerås.
March 19: Örebro–AIK, Västerås–Playoff team, Djurgården–Malmö.
March 21: Västerås–Djurgården, Malmö–Örebro, AIK–Playoff team.
March 23: Örebro–Djurgården, AIK–Västerås, Playoff team–Malmö.
March 25: Örebro–Playoff team, Västerås–Malmö, Djurgården–AIK.
March 27: Västerås–Örebro, Malmö–AIK, Djurgården–Playoff team.
March 29: AIK–Malmö, Örebro–Västerås, Playoff team–Djurgården.
April 1: Västerås–AIK, Malmö–Playoff team, Djurgården–Örebro.
April 4: Playoff team–Västerås, AIK–Örebro, Malmö–Djurgården.
April 7: Playoff team–AIK, Örebro–Malmö, Djurgården–Västerås.


Last edited by Exarz: 03-09-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added the schedule
Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 05:15 AM
  #2
Desdichado62
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
I think Örebro might be able to stay in SHL for next year.
The second team is more difficult to predict, doubt that DIF or AIK will be able to get their act together. That is if DIF will manage to qualify for kvalserien.

Karlskoga shouldn't be allowed in SHL until they have a better arena that have a better standard and an arena that can accommodate
more then 1200 seated spectators. Nobelhallen is currently only a Div-1 arena when it comes to it's standard.

Desdichado62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 07:17 AM
  #3
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Malmö in kvalserien? Forget it. We will find a way to failure as we always do.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 08:43 AM
  #4
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Malmö in kvalserien? Forget it. We will find a way to failure as we always do.
Not as it looks right now!

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:44 AM
  #5
m4tt145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 614
Malmö and Örebro will be playing in SHL next year. Thats my prediction.

m4tt145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
  #6
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ivösjön
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Currently trying the tactic of not caring one bit. Could very well miss the celebrations but thats what a good fan does for his team.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:09 PM
  #7
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Västerås and Malmö one step closer to Kvalserien after recieving 3 points today

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:17 PM
  #8
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
And I now saw that Djurgården has started hunting after the third place with six more games to go!

Table:

1. Västerås, 92
2. Malmö, 90
3. Karlskoga, 84

----------------
4. Karlskrona, 82
5. Djurgården, 78
6. Rögle, 72
7. Mora, 66

----------------
8. Oskarshamn, 65
9. Timrå, 64
10. Asplöven, 63

11. Almtuna, 60
12. Södertälje, 57
----------------
13. Troja/Ljungby, 48
14. Björklöven, 45

Teams in bold are relevant in be one of the four teams from Allsvenskan in Kvalserien


Little info for the ones thinking the table is a bit messy: Kvalserien is a promotion/relegation round with the 11th and 12th team from SHL and the 4 best teams from Allsvenskan. Top 3 from Allsvenskan goes directly to Kvalserien, while 4-7 plays a "playoff round", with one home and away game against the other 3 teams (6 games of total), where the best placed team after six rounds will be the fourth and last team from Allsvenskan in Kvalserien.

The two best placed teams in Kvalserien after 10 rounds will play in SHL next season.

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 05:21 AM
  #9
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
MrMadhawk's prediction: http://bloggar.expressen.se/mrmadhaw...venska-serien/

1. Västerås, 105
2. Malmö, 103
3. Bofors, 95
----------------
4. Karlskrona, 93
5. Djurgården, 90
6. Rögle, 86
7. Oskarshamn, 75
----------------
8. Mora, 73
9. Timrå, 71
10. Asplöven, 69
11. Södertälje, 67
12. Almtuna, 63
----------------
13. Troja, 54
14. Björklöven, 51

If Malmö makes it to Kvalserien, this might be the first Kvalserien they participate in where I'm not filled with anxiety. Feels like the organization is more solid than ever, so it's doesn't feel like a do-or-die season.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2014, 03:53 PM
  #10
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
MrMadhawk's prediction: http://bloggar.expressen.se/mrmadhaw...venska-serien/

1. Västerås, 105
2. Malmö, 103
3. Bofors, 95
----------------
4. Karlskrona, 93
5. Djurgården, 90
6. Rögle, 86
7. Oskarshamn, 75
----------------
8. Mora, 73
9. Timrå, 71
10. Asplöven, 69
11. Södertälje, 67
12. Almtuna, 63
----------------
13. Troja, 54
14. Björklöven, 51

If Malmö makes it to Kvalserien, this might be the first Kvalserien they participate in where I'm not filled with anxiety. Feels like the organization is more solid than ever, so it's doesn't feel like a do-or-die season.
feels about right

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 03:49 PM
  #11
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Don't know if they will get past Karlskoga, but an impressive run by Djurgården to try and reach top 3.

Västerås needs 1 point and Malmö needs 2 to secure their spots in Kvalserien.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 04:50 PM
  #12
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Just give us the Bofors-VIK-Örebro triangle with their rivalries and DIF-AIK as well and we won't be disappointed with the entertainment.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2014, 03:21 AM
  #13
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg58 View Post
Just give us the Bofors-VIK-Örebro triangle with their rivalries and DIF-AIK as well and we won't be disappointed with the entertainment.
Another rivalry option:
Västerås-Örebro
Djurgården-AIK
Malmö-Rögle

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 02:23 AM
  #14
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Malmö grabbed a spot in Kvalserien by winning their 9th straight game. First Kvalserien appearance for Malmö since 2008.

Karlskrona got their last chance to stay in the battle for 3rd place next round as they face Djurgården. Also an interesting game in the battle for 7th place between Timrå and Oskarshamn.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 03:00 PM
  #15
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Västerås will probably be dangerous in Kvalserien, especially if Jeremy Williams will return from his injury

New players:
- Evan McGrath, F (won the scoring league last season)
- Daniel Bellissimo, G (backup goalie for Kvalserien, incase Jonas Fransson gets injured. He will only come to Västerås if that happens though)
- Johan Jonsson, D (Born in Västerås, on a loan from Södertälje. Mårtensson gave this guy a "concussion", how will they react to each other?)
- Tomas Hyka (loan from Färjestad, junior player)

To be added: McGrath and Williams are childhood friends, will they show some good chemistry?

Caputi-McGrath-Williams
McArdle-Fornataro-Legein
Marklund/Hyka-Lindhagen-Romano
Bromé-Söderkvist/Frycklund- M. Jonsson

Helmersson-Mitell
Lindh-Emmerdahl
Frisk-Bengtsson

Extra defender: J. Jonsson (I didn't know where to put him yet)
Extra forward: Mårtensson

Fransson
(Bellissimo)
Boltshauser

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
  #16
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Malmö secured the first place in Hockeyallsvenskan tonight, with Västerås getting 1 point against Södertälje. As the winner of Hockeyallsvenskan, Malmö has received 200,000 SEK (≈31,000 USD)

Current table with one round to go:

Games played, GD and points

Bold: Ready for Kvalserien
Underline: Ready for Playoff to Kvalserien
Italic: Ready for "Relegation Kvalserien" (against the top 4 Division 1 teams)

1. IF Malmö Redhawks, 51, 46, 102
2. VIK Västerås HK, 51, 26, 97

3. Djurgårdens IF, 51, 36, 93
--------------------------------------
4. BIK Karlskoga, 51, 36, 91
5. Karlskrona HK, 51, 32, 82
6. Rögle BK, 51 -5, 80

7. Mora IK, 51, 18, 77
--------------------------------------
8. Timrå IK 51, ±0, 76
9. IK Oskarshamn, 51, -20, 71
10. Almtuna IS, 51, -11, 69
11. Södertälje SK, 51, -20, 66
12. Asplöven HC, 51, -30, 66
--------------------------------------
13. IF Troja/Ljungby, 51, -53, 51
14. IF Björklöven, 51, -55, 50

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
  #17
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Last round:
2014-03-04 19:00 IF Malmö Redhawks Timrå IK - Important game for Timrå. They need to win while Mora loses two or more points to reach the Playoff to Kvalserien.
2014-03-04 19:00 Karlskrona HK IF Björklöven - Not really some importance here. Karlskrona can secure the 5th place and get more extra points in the Playoff.
2014-03-04 19:00 IK Oskarshamn Mora IK - Important game for Mora. They need to get two or more points, or Timrå losing, to secure the Playoff spot. If Rögle's losing while Mora wins, they'll be at 6th place getting one more point for the Playoff.
2014-03-04 19:00 Asplöven HC Södertälje SK - No importance at all, neither Asplöven nor Södertälje has something to play for.
2014-03-04 19:00 Rögle BK Djurgårdens IF - Important game for Djurgården. Djurgården needs two or more points, as long as BIK Karlskoga is winning, to secure the 3rd place, which gives a direct spot in Kvalserien. Rögle needs one point to secure the 6th place, earning more extra points in the Playoff, or winning by three points while Karlskrona is losing at full time to reach 5th place.
2014-03-04 19:00 IF Troja/Ljungby BIK Karlskoga - Important game for Karlskoga. They need two points while Djurgården is losing at full time, or three points while Djurgården loses in Overtime/Shootout.
2014-03-04 19:00 VIK Västerås HK Almtuna IS - No importance at all. Västerås already has the 2nd place and Almtuna has nothing to play for.



The Playoff:

4th placed team - 4 points
---------------------------------
5th placed team - 3 points
6th placed team - 2 points
7th placed team - 1 point

All team plays each other twice, one home and one away, for a total of 6 points. The best placed team after 6 rounds will be the last team in Kvalserien.

Kvalserien

AIK
Örebro/HV71
-----------------------
IF Malmö Redhawks
VIK Västerås HK
Djurgården/BIK Karlskoga
Playoff team

10 rounds, each team plays the others twice, once home and once away. The two best placed teams after 10 rounds gets promoted to SHL for next season. No extra points given in Kvalserien.

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 07:41 PM
  #18
Grammar Butcher
Registered User
 
Grammar Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Örebro
AIK
Malmö
VIK
Djurgården
Rögle

Not impossible and it would be the hottest Kvalserie ever, with 3!!! derbys on the menu. And other heated matchups.

Stockholms-derby, Scanian-derby and Örebro & Västerås don't like each other in any sport. Geographically close as well. Crackers and Cucumbers derby... haha + both against the two Stockholm teams.

We'll shall see what happens in the last round and in the pre qualification to the Kvalserie. Top 4 of the teams above are more or less granted a spot anyway.

And even with Karlskoga/Karlskrona instead of Rögle it still would be a Kvalserie that looks very interesting on paper.

Grammar Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 03:26 AM
  #19
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar Butcher View Post
Örebro
AIK
Malmö
VIK
Djurgården
Rögle

Not impossible and it would be the hottest Kvalserie ever, with 3!!! derbys on the menu. And other heated matchups.

Stockholms-derby, Scanian-derby and Örebro & Västerås don't like each other in any sport. Geographically close as well. Crackers and Cucumbers derby... haha + both against the two Stockholm teams.

We'll shall see what happens in the last round and in the pre qualification to the Kvalserie. Top 4 of the teams above are more or less granted a spot anyway.

And even with Karlskoga/Karlskrona instead of Rögle it still would be a Kvalserie that looks very interesting on paper.
Yeah, it's going to be some kick-ass Kvalserie!

Västerås-Örebro-Karlskoga would also be nice, as it's named a few comments above and Djurgården attracts full house where ever they play!

Amazing rivalry between AIK and Djurgården in Kvalserien aswell. It's going to be real chaotic with a Stockholm derby, especially when it's about surviving! Playing on Hovet with only home-team supporters won't work anyways, there will probably be some trouble outside the arena..

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 08:23 AM
  #20
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarz View Post
Västerås will probably be dangerous in Kvalserien, especially if Jeremy Williams will return from his injury

New players:
- Evan McGrath, F (won the scoring league last season)
- Daniel Bellissimo, G (backup goalie for Kvalserien, incase Jonas Fransson gets injured. He will only come to Västerås if that happens though)
- Johan Jonsson, D (Born in Västerås, on a loan from Södertälje. Mårtensson gave this guy a "concussion", how will they react to each other?)
- Tomas Hyka (loan from Färjestad, junior player)
The SEL teams have been loading up with players in the past few weeks too.

AIK
Jordan Hendry, d, Straubing (DEL)
Per Svensson, defenseman, Almtuna (Allsvenskan)
Martin Karlsson, forward, Almtuna (Allsvenskan)
Akim Aliu, forward, Hartford (AHL)
Carsen Germyn, forward, Straubing (DEL)

ÖREBRO
Jere Sallinen, forward, HPK (Liiga)
Ville Viitalouma, forward, HPK (Liiga)
Brett Sterling, forward, HV71 (SHL)
Brian Willsie, forward, TPS (Liiga)

It might work for other teams, but I'm happy Malmö hasn't been doing the same. They have tried that route many times before and it's simple not for them.

Only 2 players was added. Brian Ihnacak joined during the Olympics from the Italian league and seems to have a nose for the net at this level too (3+2 in 6 games).

Former Malmö player Marcus Olsson was added at the deadline. Most of the team already know him, so he should fit in well with the group. If there are too many injuries on defense, Tobias Ericsson will play D, so I guess Olsson will add some depth at the center position if that happens.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:17 AM
  #21
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
The SEL teams have been loading up with players in the past few weeks too.

AIK
Jordan Hendry, d, Straubing (DEL)
Per Svensson, defenseman, Almtuna (Allsvenskan)
Martin Karlsson, forward, Almtuna (Allsvenskan)
Akim Aliu, forward, Hartford (AHL)
Carsen Germyn, forward, Straubing (DEL)

ÖREBRO
Jere Sallinen, forward, HPK (Liiga)
Ville Viitalouma, forward, HPK (Liiga)
Brett Sterling, forward, HV71 (SHL)
Brian Willsie, forward, TPS (Liiga)

It might work for other teams, but I'm happy Malmö hasn't been doing the same. They have tried that route many times before and it's simple not for them.

Only 2 players was added. Brian Ihnacak joined during the Olympics from the Italian league and seems to have a nose for the net at this level too (3+2 in 6 games).

Former Malmö player Marcus Olsson was added at the deadline. Most of the team already know him, so he should fit in well with the group. If there are too many injuries on defense, Tobias Ericsson will play D, so I guess Olsson will add some depth at the center position if that happens.
Sallinen and Viitaluoma sure has been a dangerous offensively for Örebro, but can they continue playing like this in Kvalserien? There are more mentally challenging moments in Kvalserien than in the regular season!

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 04:59 PM
  #22
Teus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
Djurgården grabbed the 3rd spot. Didn't think they would do that a few weeks ago.

Playoff with the points they start at:

Karlskoga - 4p
Karlskrona - 3p
Mora - 2p
Rögle - 1p

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
  #23
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,042
vCash: 500
Would love to see Djurgården back in the SHL, but Malmö or Västerås would be neat as well.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:32 AM
  #24
Exarz
Registered User
 
Exarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Västerås
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 361
Amazing from Djurgården! No one thought this was possible, when it all was about Karlskrona, Västerås, Karlskoga and Malmö!

Hot derby between AIK and Djurgården now. I don't know how they were thinking with playing with no away fans? They could still go in, they just don't have to wear the club colors?

Also, I don't think the home fans will be alone outside the arena

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:50 AM
  #25
CoolForumNamePending
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Given the clubs and cities involved this year could interest/media attention for the Kvalserien eclipse the SHL playoffs?

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.