HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-04-2005, 08:58 AM
  #1
MattsGraphs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Line Combos?

Im a forsberg fan so I was wondering what can of line will he be on and is there a sniper on it like hejduk was?

MattsGraphs is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 09:02 AM
  #2
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsGraphs
Im a forsberg fan so I was wondering what can of line will he be on and is there a sniper on it like hejduk was?
It's anyone's guess at this point, the Flyers are looking at options on retaining Roenick.

Teezax is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
  #3
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
if Roenick/Brashear get traded...


maybe something like this?

Gagne - Forsberg - Carter (Carter could also play center if needed)
Knuble - Handzus - Radivojevic
Kapanen - Richards - Umberger
Sharp - Primeau - Stevenson
(I think you could also switch Richards and Primeau for the 3rd or 4th line)
*Sim

Rathje - Johnsson
Hatcher - Pitkanen
Seidenberg - Desjardins
Therien

Esche
Niitymaki

note: if Handzus gets dealt too, then I think that Carter should play center on the 2nd line.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
  #4
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Horsham (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69

note: if Handzus gets dealt too, then I think that Carter should play center on the 2nd line.

Who will play right wing? I know Peter can play LW as well as center but if we keep Carter at center we are rather weak on the right side.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 01:50 PM
  #5
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Gagne - Forsberg - Carter
Knuble - Handzus Umberger or Sim
Kapanen - Primeau - Richards
Stevenson - Sharp Brashear/Radio

Rathje - Seidenberg
Hatcher - Pitkanen
Johnsson Desjardins
7th Therian

In goal Nitty and Esche assuming Esche is a starter

No rookies should play center permanent unless its Sharp who played in NHL and who is perfect 4th line in my opinion.
Penalty killing Primeau Gagne, Handzus Kapanen/Richards/Carter (if rookies can do it)
Penalty killing on D Rathje, Hatcher you name it.


Last edited by greatwhite101: 08-04-2005 at 02:15 PM.
greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 03:26 PM
  #6
Diesel
Registered User
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Gagne - Forsberg - Carter
Knuble - Handzus Umberger or Sim
Kapanen - Primeau - Richards
Stevenson - Sharp Brashear/Radio

Rathje - Seidenberg
Hatcher - Pitkanen
Johnsson Desjardins
7th Therian

In goal Nitty and Esche assuming Esche is a starter

No rookies should play center permanent unless its Sharp who played in NHL and who is perfect 4th line in my opinion.
Penalty killing Primeau Gagne, Handzus Kapanen/Richards/Carter (if rookies can do it)
Penalty killing on D Rathje, Hatcher you name it.
One of either Carter or Richards will have to be moved to wing due to our over-load of centers (probably Carter). But they are both centers long term on this team and they need to get the experience at some point.

Diesel is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 03:39 PM
  #7
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
One of either Carter or Richards will have to be moved to wing due to our over-load of centers (probably Carter). But they are both centers long term on this team and they need to get the experience at some point.
Richards and Carter will probably get a chance to play all over the board at first to see where their comfort zone is. Though i think Richards will be used as a checker(PK) at first and Carter as a scorer(PP), but theres no telling. these guys are some great prospects and should get a good amount of playing time everywhere except on D. Due to Carter's exellent track record in the past year I think Richards is getting overlooked, imo Richards will be just as solid of a forward as Carter.

phlacheesesteak is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
  #8
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
i'm loving this:

Gagne-Forsberg-Carter (Carter takes draws)
Knuble-Handzus-Radio/Sharp
Kapanen-Primeau-Radio/Sharp
Brashear-Richards-Stevenson

Sim, Umberger as your first replacements... Umberger should be playing wing for the Phantoms... his short-term future is as a RW on this team.

Johnsson-Desjardins
Pitkanen-Hatcher
Seidenberg-Rathje

Therien

Esche
Nittymaki

Jester is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
  #9
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Sharp is not a center in the NHL, not great on faceoffs. I remember Clarke/Hitchcock/Holmgren or someone on the flyers speaking about this last year. I dont think Richards is suited for the wing, he is more of a natural center, Mike Ricci with offensive ability. Carter is more suited for the wing cause he is a goal scorer, but would prob be best taking the draws if he is with Forsberg cause Forsberg is not the best from what I hear. The only concern I have with Carter on the line with Forsberg and Gagne is that if Carter is THAT good, I think we should spread our scoring around a little better. Plus, I dont think it will matter too much who plays with Forsberg and Gagne, kinda like the Lindros LeClair days, didnt matter who was on the RW.

I go with something similar to everyone else

Gagne Forsberg Carter/Rado/?
Knuble Handzus Rado/Carter
?????? Richards Sharp
Kapanen Primeau Stevenson

Any chance we can get rid of Brashear??? We could get a really decent player for the amount he is making ($1.7) I really dont know why they didnt buy him out.

If not, can put Brash with Primeau Kapanen and Stevenson with Richards Sharp.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
  #10
Rails
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: LBurg and FBurg, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
We already have a thread for this...could this be merged with it?

Rails is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
  #11
CarlRacki
Registered User
 
CarlRacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Primeau absolutely will not be the fourth-line center. I understand and share the enthusiasm for Carter and Richards, but to think that both will center lines ahead of Primeau is crazy talk. Keep in mind that, despite the high expectations, neither has played a minute of NHL hockey. Primeau, on the other hand, was arguably the Flyers MVP in '04 and certainly the playoff MVP.

CarlRacki is offline  
Old
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
  #12
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlRacki
Primeau absolutely will not be the fourth-line center. I understand and share the enthusiasm for Carter and Richards, but to think that both will center lines ahead of Primeau is crazy talk. Keep in mind that, despite the high expectations, neither has played a minute of NHL hockey. Primeau, on the other hand, was arguably the Flyers MVP in '04 and certainly the playoff MVP.
You don't understand how Hitch rolls his lines. Primeau will be playing with Kapanen, and likely someone like Sharp or Radio on the right side. When Carter plays, he'll probably get time on a scoring line. That doesn't mean he's going to get more ice time than Primeau.

Brad* is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 12:08 AM
  #13
Gagne2433
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Who cares about lines, to be honest?

Hitchcock rolls all 4 lines and changes them up quite often.

But, with the season still 2 months away, I guess it's all we have.

Gagne2433 is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 01:09 AM
  #14
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
You don't understand how Hitch rolls his lines. Primeau will be playing with Kapanen, and likely someone like Sharp or Radio on the right side. When Carter plays, he'll probably get time on a scoring line. That doesn't mean he's going to get more ice time than Primeau.
Exactly. I think Primeau's will be 3 and Richards 4 if you want to number them, but Hitch rolls 4 lines and tends to go with pairs and rotate the third forward. People need to relax, no one is saying that Primeau is the #4 center. He was and is #3. Handzus led the team in ice time last year and will most likely do so again unless Clarke all of a sudden becomes stupid and trades him. I doubt Primeau plays more than Forsberg.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 06:43 AM
  #15
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
One of either Carter or Richards will have to be moved to wing due to our over-load of centers (probably Carter). But they are both centers long term on this team and they need to get the experience at some point.
During the season they will get experience as centers, take some faceoffs, kill some penalties, play some power play 15-25 games they will play centers. but playing Richards with Brashear and Stevenson is just waisting his talent. Bring these rookies slow looks like we are a cup contender so save their strength.

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 10:21 AM
  #16
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Exactly. I think Primeau's will be 3 and Richards 4 if you want to number them, but Hitch rolls 4 lines and tends to go with pairs and rotate the third forward. People need to relax, no one is saying that Primeau is the #4 center. He was and is #3. Handzus led the team in ice time last year and will most likely do so again unless Clarke all of a sudden becomes stupid and trades him. I doubt Primeau plays more than Forsberg.
Primeau is hard to place minutes wise due to the fact that his minutes are situation dictated... he'll have his job for the night and sometimes that will mean more, sometimes that will mean less ice-time.

what would be awesome is if Richards steps in and can really fill a role similar to Primeau -- which i don't think is THAT unlikely -- in terms of helping to play a defensive center role, which would allow us to maybe to get Primeau some easier nights against teams with smaller forwards.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 11:54 AM
  #17
avs4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Before I hit you guys with the bad news I would like to take a second to congrats you guys on getting Forsberg. Now the bad stuff everybody is saying that the cap is at 39 mil but it is really at 37 mil the other 2mil is for bonuses and insurance so look at the chart

Peter Forsberg UFA (Colorado) $5.75 million
Mike Rathje UFA (San Jose) $3.5 million
Derian Hatcher UFA (Detroit) $3.5 million
Keith Primeau $3.42 million
Eric Desjardins $2.28 million
Michal Handzus $2.128 million
Donald Brashear $1.748 million
Mike Knuble $1.52 million
Sami Kapanen $1.52 million
Turner Stevenson $1.254 million
Joni Pitkanen $900,600
Mattias Timander $608,000
Chris Therien UFA (Dallas) $500,000
Jon Sim UFA (Pittsburgh) $450,000
Jeff Carter Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
Mike Richards Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
14 Players 2 Salaries Undisclosed $29,078,600

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.

avs4life is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 12:19 PM
  #18
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs4life
Before I hit you guys with the bad news I would like to take a second to congrats you guys on getting Forsberg. Now the bad stuff everybody is saying that the cap is at 39 mil but it is really at 37 mil the other 2mil is for bonuses and insurance so look at the chart

Peter Forsberg UFA (Colorado) $5.75 million
Mike Rathje UFA (San Jose) $3.5 million
Derian Hatcher UFA (Detroit) $3.5 million
Keith Primeau $3.42 million
Eric Desjardins $2.28 million
Michal Handzus $2.128 million
Donald Brashear $1.748 million
Mike Knuble $1.52 million
Sami Kapanen $1.52 million
Turner Stevenson $1.254 million
Joni Pitkanen $900,600
Mattias Timander $608,000
Chris Therien UFA (Dallas) $500,000
Jon Sim UFA (Pittsburgh) $450,000
Jeff Carter Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
Mike Richards Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
14 Players 2 Salaries Undisclosed $29,078,600

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.
okay sparky... our cap number WITH QO's is well established at 36.7 or something.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 12:23 PM
  #19
avs4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Haw is that? That means Gagne is at 450k

avs4life is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 12:47 PM
  #20
DeleteThisAccount
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: And eating brains
Country: United States
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs4life
your still missing a backup goalie
I guess that means Niitty and Esche are both starters. Okay then.

DeleteThisAccount is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
  #21
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs4life

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.
Esche = 1.5 mill
Gagne = 2.0 mill
Johnsson = 2.5 mill
Branko = 800k
Seidenberg = 500K
Sharp = 600K

It's only about 8 mill there buddy and they already have the back up and I'm not sure what you're talking about with needing another forward.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 02:14 PM
  #22
greatwhite101*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs4life
Before I hit you guys with the bad news I would like to take a second to congrats you guys on getting Forsberg. Now the bad stuff everybody is saying that the cap is at 39 mil but it is really at 37 mil the other 2mil is for bonuses and insurance so look at the chart

Peter Forsberg UFA (Colorado) $5.75 million
Mike Rathje UFA (San Jose) $3.5 million
Derian Hatcher UFA (Detroit) $3.5 million
Keith Primeau $3.42 million
Eric Desjardins $2.28 million
Michal Handzus $2.128 million
Donald Brashear $1.748 million
Mike Knuble $1.52 million
Sami Kapanen $1.52 million
Turner Stevenson $1.254 million
Joni Pitkanen $900,600
Mattias Timander $608,000
Chris Therien UFA (Dallas) $500,000
Jon Sim UFA (Pittsburgh) $450,000
Jeff Carter Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
Mike Richards Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
14 Players 2 Salaries Undisclosed $29,078,600

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.
Mattias Timander $608,000 he is not comming back.

greatwhite101* is offline  
Old
08-05-2005, 02:35 PM
  #23
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs4life
Before I hit you guys with the bad news
You registered just to post something that isn't even correct? Wow, that's sad.

Brad* is offline  
Old
08-06-2005, 09:09 AM
  #24
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Horsham (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
You registered just to post something that isn't even correct? Wow, that's sad.

He just mad because the Aves ownership was too dumb to see the cap comming......................as was John FF!

Cuiff is offline  
Old
08-06-2005, 10:03 AM
  #25
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Thought this was about possible lines...

Kapanen - Primeau - whoever shut down line
Gagne - Forsberg - whoever scoring line

the other two lines are all gravy. I like Carter somewhere on the scoring line and Richards somewhere on a defensive line - maybe not with Primeau but who knows? I think he is going to be a real surprise - has plenty of help around him that's for sure.

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.