HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 LMHF Report - Game #25 - Live pre and post game

Old
01-29-2014, 06:23 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
2014 LMHF Report - Game #25 - Live pre and post game

Good evening all.

We're going to try something very different tonight. At approximately 6:30pm MST, LMHF#2 and I will be using a website called Spreaker to broadcast a live pre-game show on the way to the game. A similar post-game live webcast will start about half an hour after the game. If you visit their website and search for LMHF#1, you should be able to find my channel without having to sign up for an account or anything. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide a direct link but if a mod says that's okay I will list it below.

I have no idea how this will go, but it is certainly worth a shot! Hopefully at least a few of you will be listening. For those who miss it live, recordings are made and available for playback later.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Hey all, the post gamer is up. It appears a small few actually listened live which is really interesting and thank you so much. Let me know what you think of the format and everything. It's not meant to be a polished show, but a fun and interesting way to look back on the game that hopefully will lead to some entertainment.

Here's a link to the archived version: http://www.spreaker.com/user/6937911 I hope that's okay.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:10 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
I was there and had no idea Larsen was playing.

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:22 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
I was there and had no idea Larsen was playing.
He did his best to get out of the way and be rather invisible.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:33 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
I liked the audio report. I couldn't listen live, but it was nice hear a report from someone who was at the game and is from Edmonton and has no affiliation.

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 10:58 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
I liked the audio report. I couldn't listen live, but it was nice hear a report from someone who was at the game and is from Edmonton and has no affiliation.
I listened to the replay and was pretty happy with how it sounded. Accomplished a lot of what I was hoping it would. Probably got more thoughts out than a typical game report and in a condensed time frame.

If the statistics are correct it looks like over 100 people listened which is awesome for a start with almost no promotion. If you happened to be one of those people, please share what you thought. I'm really interested to hear whether people think this is a viable format - especially if it is hooked into a system that gives a live notification that the program has started. There are also things that can be done to hook into Soundcloud, iTunes and a bunch of other tools. Almost glad to have a month-long break and work on this a bit.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Draekke

vCash: 50
I enjoy listening (currently listening), but my one constructive criticism piece would be that at some points it was hard to hear you guys talk. I know you're in your car on the drive home, but that was one thing that made it a bit difficult. A few times it kinda sounded like you had the mic covered, which muffled your voices.

That said, It's good to listen to you guys talk, I really find that you have a very good sense of the game. I'd say when you type it all out, your ideas are probably a bit more organized, but the 'on the fly' discussion is nice to hear.

Draekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 01:27 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekke View Post
I enjoy listening (currently listening), but my one constructive criticism piece would be that at some points it was hard to hear you guys talk. I know you're in your car on the drive home, but that was one thing that made it a bit difficult. A few times it kinda sounded like you had the mic covered, which muffled your voices.

That said, It's good to listen to you guys talk, I really find that you have a very good sense of the game. I'd say when you type it all out, your ideas are probably a bit more organized, but the 'on the fly' discussion is nice to hear.
Yeah I caught that in the second half as well. Easy enough problem to fix thankfully. Fairly impressed that the data signal held up so well.

Thanks for the commentary. I enjoy the on the fly style myself and that's really the spirit of the report. If I wanted it to be spot on perfect I'd re-watch the game a few times and demand to get paid by a team to do it

Old
01-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Draekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Yeah I caught that in the second half as well. Easy enough problem to fix thankfully. Fairly impressed that the data signal held up so well.

Thanks for the commentary. I enjoy the on the fly style myself and that's really the spirit of the report. If I wanted it to be spot on perfect I'd re-watch the game a few times and demand to get paid by a team to do it
Ya, of course. Hopefully my comment didn't come off as rude, it wasn't meant that way. I really respect what you do. Every time I read one of your reports, it is almost always 100% on, with maybe a few disagreements with the things I thought about the game. But you are so much more in-depth than my brain is, lol.

I do have to say one disagreement... I very much disagreed with your comments on Jones... he had 5 blocked shots, and there was one in the third where he literally dove to stop the puck from reaching a shark on the side of the net. I know you said you don't like Jones. And honestly, since his injury, I have been calling for his contract to be ripped up... but recently (honestly, since he had a baby) he has been playing with some energy. Playing more like he did before he got hurt. He is one of the only plus players on the team, which is impressive.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Draekke

Also, I agree with your feelings about twitter! Lol...

Old
01-30-2014, 01:36 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Ya, of course. Hopefully my comment didn't come off as rude, it wasn't meant that way. I really respect what you do. Every time I read one of your reports, it is almost always 100% on, with maybe a few disagreements with the things I thought about the game. But you are so much more in-depth than my brain is, lol.

I do have to say one disagreement... I very much disagreed with your comments on Jones... he had 5 blocked shots, and there was one in the third where he literally dove to stop the puck from reaching a shark on the side of the net. I know you said you don't like Jones. And honestly, since his injury, I have been calling for his contract to be ripped up... but recently (honestly, since he had a baby) he has been playing with some energy. Playing more like he did before he got hurt. He is one of the only plus players on the team, which is impressive.
No no no, didn't come off as rude at all. Just telling people as much as I can about what's going on and I really do want the feedback to make this thing work. When I read that we actually did have listeners, I was a little amazed that there were so few comments to be honest. Next broadcast will have the live chat enabled so that you can send messages along directly to the control screen. Very handy if listening live.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Draekke

Quote:
No no no, didn't come off as rude at all. Just telling people as much as I can about what's going on and I really do want the feedback to make this thing work. When I read that we actually did have listeners, I was a little amazed that there were so few comments to be honest. Next broadcast will have the live chat enabled so that you can send messages along directly to the control screen. Very handy if listening live.
Well, if I can I'll try to listen in live, but I doubt I'll have that chance on Saturday. But when I can, I'll try and drop in.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Well, if I can I'll try to listen in live, but I doubt I'll have that chance on Saturday. But when I can, I'll try and drop in.
Only home games remember - so a long break until the next one. Unless we decide to do some sort of regular talk show which is a distinct possibility.

Old
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Draekke

Quote:
Only home games remember - so a long break until the next one. Unless we decide to do some sort of regular talk show which is a distinct possibility.
Ha, wasn't thinking correctly there. Touche.

I think that'd be neat, by the way.

Old
02-27-2014, 03:57 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Good evening all,

I'm in the Ottawa airport at the moment and due to the failure of supersonic transportation to gain widespread acceptance, can't make it back in time for tonight's game. As such, there will be no report.

Old
02-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Tw0Shoes

Some times things happen for a reason

Tw0Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

That's okay, the oilers didn't make the game either

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Njoy Oilers

We really appreciate it, but, we can check pretty much any other loss report and get the idea.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote