HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
What about Bogosian for Eberle, right shooting dman with size signed long term?
Yak or Eberle going the other way.
Who would have to add and what?

Old
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
spot

I have a couple proposals that I would love to see happen.

1.) Gagner to the kings
For: Clifford and Nolan

2.) Eberle & 2014 1st (Reinheart, Ekblad, or Bennett) to the Flyers
For: Couturier, Simmonds, Colburn

Re-sign: Jones, Bryzgalov, Scrivens

Release or trade: Hemsky. Smyth, Fraser, Potter, N.Shultz

Hall RNH Yakupov
Perron Couturier Simmonds
Clifford Gordon Hendricks
Jones Nolan Gazdic

XXX Colburn
Schultz Petry
Ferrence Marincin
Belov

Scrivens
Bryzgalov

(50-32 split)

Old
02-12-2014, 03:01 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I have a couple proposals that I would love to see happen.

1.) Gagner to the kings

Hall RNH Yakupov
Perron Couturier Simmonds
Clifford Gordon Hendricks
Jones Nolan Gazdic

XXX Colburn
Schultz Petry
Ferrence Marincin
Belov

Scrivens
Bryzgalov

(50-32 split)
Why would PHI trade for a prospect when the players that they would be trading are already proven in the NHL? PHI fans value Cout very high. Plus PHI is giving up too much for what they are getting back. We would have to add probally Marincin, PHI wanted him at the last draft.

The Gagner trade just brutal giving a top 6 player for two 4th line players.

Old
02-12-2014, 03:17 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Why would PHI trade for a prospect when the players that they would be trading are already proven in the NHL? PHI fans value Cout very high. Plus PHI is giving up too much for what they are getting back. We would have to add probally Marincin, PHI wanted him at the last draft.

The Gagner trade just brutal giving a top 6 player for two 4th line players.
Eberle and our 2014 1st is pretty good value for the Flyers.
Even if we took out Colburn and just traded Ebs and the 1st for Coutts and Simmonds, I'm pretty sure the Flyers would listen.

Adding, Nolan and Clifford to our bottom six along with Hendricks, Gazdic, Jones and Gordon would make our bottom six one of the tops in the league. It also addresses the need for size and truculence in our line-up.

Old
02-12-2014, 04:04 PM
TheNugeeToHall*

Quote:

1.) Gagner to the kings

The Kings would not do the first trade, two of the best bottom 6 players in the game (IMO) for a poor 2c that could be converted to rw but La has a good top 6 already, he is a t-6 or bust player. As much as I wish it would happen I don't believe it will.

Philly doesn't do the second, they are very high on couts, and rightfully so. Simmonds is almost = to Ebs. The top 3 pick is tempting, but they want to be a good team now, not trading for futures.
I also think it's a toss up for Edmonton, it makes them a much better team now, if Ekblad is on the board, they miss out on a true #1 d-man that Edmonton desperately needs. If Ekblad is off the board h*** yeah I'm all for it. Edmonton probably takes it either way.

As for the players to release you have a great list

Hemsky @ 50% = 3rd MAYBE a 2nd if we get super lucky.

Smyth (NTC) @ 50% = a 5th if we are lucky I'd take a 7th

Potter= Won't get us a 7th but hey worth a try

Fraser @ 50% = 6th

Last edited by TheNugeeToHall*: 02-12-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old
02-12-2014, 08:18 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Eberle and our 2014 1st is pretty good value for the Flyers.
Even if we took out Colburn and just traded Ebs and the 1st for Coutts and Simmonds, I'm pretty sure the Flyers would listen.

Adding, Nolan and Clifford to our bottom six along with Hendricks, Gazdic, Jones and Gordon would make our bottom six one of the tops in the league. It also addresses the need for size and truculence in our line-up.
Why would PHI want a prospect when they already have two young proven NHL players, they are not rebuilding. They need dmen not more wingers. If Ekblad was available I am sure they would make a trade for him but they are not going to move Simmonds and Couts.

Old
02-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
You know what would be really bold?

Gagner, Klefbom, Khaira/Moroz for Spezza
7 year 9M per offersheet to P.K. Subban (4 1st's)
Sign Kulemin, Setoguchi

Hall - Spezza - Yakupov
Kulemin - RNH - Eberle
Perron - Gordon - Setoguchi
Gazdic - Hendricks - Pitlick
Joensuu

Ference - Subban
Nurse - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Fraser

Scrivens
Bryzgalov

Yep, I'm dreaming.

Old
02-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Sloth Slothersons*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

Sign Kulemin, Setoguchi

Hall - Spezza - Yakupov
Kulemin - RNH - Eberle
Joensuu

Ference - Subban
Nurse - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Fraser

Scrivens
Bryzgalov

Yep, I'm dreaming.
I worry that that would be too bold. We'd have no prospects.

Old
02-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Poundcake
Esquire

imagine a Gagner for Zykov deal?

Gagner for Zykov, Yakimov, Slepyshev, Platzer and Houck.

Old
02-12-2014, 10:50 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
imagine a Gagner for Zykov deal?

Gagner for Zykov, Yakimov, Slepyshev, Platzer and Houck.
Zykov for Gagner would be terrible value for us. Also the last thing we need to do is trade Gagner for a prospect. I don't know why you listed our prospects from the 2013 draft besides the fact that Zylov is also a 2013, seems pointless

Old
02-12-2014, 10:52 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

Sign Kulemin, Setoguchi

Hall - Spezza - Yakupov
Kulemin - RNH - Eberle
Joensuu

Ference - Subban
Nurse - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Fraser

Scrivens
Bryzgalov

Yep, I'm dreaming.
Ottawa doesn't even consider making that trade

Old
02-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Ottawa doesn't even consider making that trade
I'm not so sure. Spezza's value really isn't too high. He's really inconsistent, has an injury history and isn't producing much. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a package like that.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I'm not so sure. Spezza's value really isn't too high. He's really inconsistent, has an injury history and isn't producing much. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a package like that.
That's a very good point but I stil feel like the Sens would want a little better center piece than Gagner for Spezza but I could obviously be wrong

Old
02-13-2014, 12:28 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Quote:
That's a very good point but I stil feel like the Sens would want a little better center piece than Gagner for Spezza but I could obviously be wrong
I have to think if they are moving Spezza before the start of next year that they would want more than Gagner as the center piece. However they could really like Klefbom and that could be what they view as the center piece.

Old
02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
Zykov for Gagner would be terrible value for us. Also the last thing we need to do is trade Gagner for a prospect. I don't know why you listed our prospects from the 2013 draft besides the fact that Zylov is also a 2013, seems pointless
Because we traded the pick used on Zykov for the picks used to select the other people listed...

02-13-2014, 12:52 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I have to think if they are moving Spezza before the start of next year that they would want more than Gagner as the center piece. However they could really like Klefbom and that could be what they view as the center piece.
I agree with this. But I don't think Klefbom would interest the Sens that much to be a center piece but who knows

Old
02-13-2014, 01:11 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
I agree with this. But I don't think Klefbom would interest the Sens that much to be a center piece but who knows
It's tough to say. Last year there were a lot of rumors how we could get good missing pieces to our puzzle, but teams were asking for Klefbom. We of course didn't want to give up on him as he was a prized top d prospect.

That talk of course has disappeared as Klefbom didn't do to well this year, but lately it sounds like he is doing well again. So maybe those teams that liked him that much last year are liking him again?

Plus of course you are getting Gagner who at the very least should fit into the Ottawa top 6 in the short term.

Old
02-13-2014, 03:34 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
It's tough to say. Last year there were a lot of rumors how we could get good missing pieces to our puzzle, but teams were asking for Klefbom. We of course didn't want to give up on him as he was a prized top d prospect.

That talk of course has disappeared as Klefbom didn't do to well this year, but lately it sounds like he is doing well again. So maybe those teams that liked him that much last year are liking him again?

Plus of course you are getting Gagner who at the very least should fit into the Ottawa top 6 in the short term.
If Klefbom continues to play well and shows why he was so highly touted then yes I could see lots of interest in him.

Old
02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:

If Klefbom continues to play well and shows why he was so highly touted then yes I could see lots of interest in him.

Old
02-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I think the Sens would be very interested in Karlsson-Klefbom, as they're both Swedish and compliment each others games nicely.

While Gagner and Klefbom seems like an underpayment for Spezza, it might actually be something the Sens look at if they're looking for a new culture and identity going forward, because I can't think of too many teams who can both afford Spezza, and have a better package to put together.

Cut out all of the teams in the East because they won't be moving him within the conference, so there's 14 teams.

Anaheim could make some sense, but I doubt they would want to have like 28 mil tied up in Spezza, Getzlaf and Perry. LA could also make sense, if they figured moving Richards and Carter was a good idea. Phoenix likely can't afford him, as they already pay Ribiero a good sum of money. San jose doesn't make sense, nor does Vancouver who wants to get younger and has two great centers. Calgary is at the beginning of their rebuilding, so it's unlikely.

Team who could be interested: Winnipeg, Nashville, Edmonton.

Can either of those two teams make a better package?

Gagner, Klefbom, Moroz and a 2nd in 2015 for Spezza

Hall-Spezza-Yak
XXX-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-XXX
Lander-Hendricks-Pitlick

Last edited by Mr Forever: 02-13-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old
02-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Sloth Slothersons*

Quote:
I think the Sens would be very interested in Karlsson-Klefbom, as they're both Swedish and compliment each others games nicely.

While Gagner and Klefbom seems like an underpayment for Spezza, it might actually be something the Sens look at if they're looking for a new culture and identity going forward, because I can't think of too many teams who can both afford Spezza, and have a better package to put together.

Cut out all of the teams in the East because they won't be moving him within the conference, so there's 14 teams.

Anaheim could make some sense, but I doubt they would want to have like 28 mil tied up in Spezza, Getzlaf and Perry. LA could also make sense, if they figured moving Richards and Carter was a good idea. Phoenix likely can't afford him, as they already pay Ribiero a good sum of money. San jose doesn't make sense, nor does Vancouver who wants to get younger and has two great centers. Calgary is at the beginning of their rebuilding, so it's unlikely.

Hall-Spezza-Yak
XXX-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-XXX
Lander-Hendricks-Pitlick
You've got this down to a science

Old
02-13-2014, 09:03 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

Hall-Spezza-Yak
XXX-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-XXX
Lander-Hendricks-Pitlick
Why do you guys keep putting our team goal scoring on the 3rd line he is a legit top 6

Old
02-13-2014, 09:14 PM
LTIR

vCash: 600
Quote:
Why do you guys keep putting our team goal scoring on the 3rd line he is a legit top 6
Perron plays great on the third line and doesnt really click with any of our young guns.
He seem to need a line of his own to be the most effective.. Perron-Gordon is a great duo.

OTT doesnt need Gagner.. They have Turris, Zibane down the middle with Lazar most likely joining them next season.

Old
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I see him and Eberle, with the big 2C we're all dreaming of being a good line.

Old
02-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Flyerss

Quote:
Couple of things I have been looking at doing are:
Eberle for Kane, gives us some size in the top 6
Yak for Couturier plus as I think this would be a draft deal, the thing is what would the plus be Laughton and PHI 1st.
Go hard at the following UFAs Niskanen, Kulemen, Frolik and Hainsey( would give him a 2yr deal to be a nice fill in until our prospects develop)
Hall; RNH; Perron
Kane, Couturier, Frolik
Kulemin, Gordon, Pitlick
Gadzik, Hendriks, Smyth

Hainsey, Niskenan
Marincin/Klefbom, Petry
Ference, Schultz

Scrivens

Our top 6 is bigger but still has a lot of skill. The bottom 6 has size and very good two way players that are also good on the PK and can chip in. The defense is a lot better than it is now and will allow our prospects to develop for the next 2 yrs properly. We also have more size and a player in Couturier that is a very good 2C.

Thoughts on this
Couturier+Laughton+1st for Yakupov ,
How do you come up with these proposals?

Closed Thread