HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2014, 07:30 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Well Gaborik and his 7.5 is coming off the books this summer, and Dubinksy has another year on his contract. It's a shame though because he's exactly the type of player the Oilers need.
Johansson has to be signed and he is their number 1 centreman what will he get 5-6 mil long term

Old
02-17-2014, 07:33 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Since it's only Eklund it doesn't count as a 'rumour' so I'll put it here, but for the sake of discussion:

'Updated: While I have yet to ad Jonas Hiller to the Rumor Chart I continue to hear Edmonton is preparing to make a big deal in this direction. I don't have Hiller on the Rumor Chart because I can't see this happening now. At the draft perhaps, but only if the Ducks were to sign Ryan Miller...I do keep hearing that Ryan Miller is on their radar.'

Personally I think the Oilers would be making a big mistake if they break the bank for Hiller, especially if they also give up quality assets for his rights.

I think they'd be better off going after one of the 2nd tier guys instead.
Doesn't make sense to try and over take Calgary we sucked this year and I want a top 2 pick go after him in the off season

Old
02-17-2014, 07:34 PM
rockinghockey

I still think Gagner for Wilson makes sense try him as a 2c worse case a good 3c when Gordon is gone

Old
02-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Natepollock92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I was just inquiring because I want to make sure I target the perfect No.2 in my roster outline. I wanted to see what you were thinking.

Now Stastny is a UFA, but I think the Avs retain him at 6M+ and I don't see him coming here. I think trade is the way to go.

Couturier/Schenn/Hodgson/Bjugstad/Nielsen/Zibanejad/Turris/Johansson/Scheifele I'd say are untouchable. Jenner maybe too.

Like, it's really though. Gagner is, offensively, a capable No.2 C, but he isn't OUR capable No.2 C. Plus, with the year he's had, plus the contract, his value is at an all time low. I don't know how we're going to get this No.2 C, I really don't. We may have to take on a project, but then again, Gagner is probably better than a Wilson or a Cizikas, I'm quite concerned/worried about this.
Actually from what I've seen all year one of Schenn or Couturier are available because of the log jam they have down the middle and Laughton essentially being their replacement in a couple years but i'd imagine they'd want a 1 for 1 for one of our youngsters. I think if we wanted to get the inside track and get a soon to be 2C for cheaper, Jenner would be the best target. Move Eberle for a deal around Jenner+1st or Jenner+Dansk since they have Bobrovsky. I may be totally off on value, its hard to tell everyone values certain players differently so i shot low on return, i honestly think he could get more than those 2 assets from Columbus.

Old
02-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natepollock92 View Post
Actually from what I've seen all year one of Schenn or Couturier are available because of the log jam they have down the middle and Laughton essentially being their replacement in a couple years but i'd imagine they'd want a 1 for 1 for one of our youngsters. I think if we wanted to get the inside track and get a soon to be 2C for cheaper, Jenner would be the best target. Move Eberle for a deal around Jenner+1st or Jenner+Dansk since they have Bobrovsky. I may be totally off on value, its hard to tell everyone values certain players differently so i shot low on return, i honestly think he could get more than those 2 assets from Columbus.
How about something like Perron and Petry for the Schenn brothers and then draft Ekblad, added to Gagner for Clifford +?

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
?-Schenn-Eberle
Clifford-Gordon-Hendricks
Gazdic-Lander-Pitlick

Ference-Schultz
Marincin-Schenn
Nurse-Ekblad

02-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey;80059523[B
]Doesn't make sense to try and over take Calgary [/B]we sucked this year and I want a top 2 pick go after him in the off season
I disagree. this team has to prove to the fan base, and moreso to themselves, that there is a reason to show up next year. a final 20 games with a 5-12-3 record, and another 18 year old will do nothing to make me want to even bother turning on the TV. Hopefully, they can move up to 27th or 26th and trade the pick for anything that will help. I can't stand another year of this.

I'd rather watch Breaking Bad and House of Cards than an Oilers game these days. And I often do.

Old
02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
I disagree. this team has to prove to the fan base, and moreso to themselves, that there is a reason to show up next year. a final 20 games with a 5-12-3 record, and another 18 year old will do nothing to make me want to even bother turning on the TV. Hopefully, they can move up to 27th or 26th and trade the pick for anything that will help. I can't stand another year of this.

I'd rather watch Breaking Bad and House of Cards than an Oilers game these days. And I often do.
This. I would love nothing more than for them to go 16-4 in the next 20 playing good hockey, but moving up 2-3 draft position spots.

The losing culture has to stop, and this is not the draft to cheer for losses about. I would bet Ekblad and Reinhart would go 5-6 in last years draft. I dont mind these prospects, and many fit the Oilers positional need. But what the Oilers need foremost, is confidence from winning games against teams fighting for playoff spots

Old
02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
How about something like Perron and Petry for the Schenn brothers and then draft Ekblad, added to Gagner for Clifford +?

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
?-Schenn-Eberle
Gazdic-Lander-Pitlick

Ference-Schultz
Marincin-Schenn
Nurse-Ekblad
Perron+Petry is an overpay for the Schenn's IMO. I think for that Package we should have Couturier coming back with Luke Schenn.

Old
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Perron+Petry is an overpay for the Schenn's IMO. I think for that Package we should have Couturier coming back with Luke Schenn.

Does Couturier have more value than B. Schenn?

Old
02-17-2014, 11:26 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
?-Schenn-Eberle
Gazdic-Lander-Pitlick

Ference-Schultz
Marincin-Schenn
Nurse-Ekblad
Overpay IMO. I do like the idea of targeting the Schenn bro's though, and think they could be available.

Old
02-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Naturally, you're a Couturier super fan I don't think that Philly does that deal though TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Does Couturier have more value than B. Schenn?
I would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Overpay IMO. I do like the idea of targeting the Schenn bro's though, and think they could be available.
Well then what would you propose to land the Schenn Bro's?

Old
02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Grapes99

Craig Mactavish was at the Swift Current Broncos game vs Prince Albert Raiders. I was at a lounge after the game with a couple of Broncos staff and they told me MacT was there to see Draisaitl and Honka

Old
02-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapes99 View Post
Craig Mactavish was at the Swift Current Broncos game vs Prince Albert Raiders. I was at a lounge after the game with a couple of Broncos staff and they told me MacT was there to see Draisaitl and Honka
Thanks for the heads up, I believe someone tweeted that earlier tonight as well. What were your thoughts of Draisaitl tonight?

Old
02-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Paralyzer008

Draisaitl is probably my No.4 prospect in the draft, but I'd still trade the pick.

I do like his tenacity.

Old
02-17-2014, 11:58 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Well then what would you propose to land the Schenn Bro's?
I'm not sure. It's tough because Philly's biggest need is on D, as is ours really. I'd rather not move Petry, but I'd more try something like Petry+Gagner maybe. Gagner could be a good fit playing on their second line between Lecavalier and Simmonds.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I'm not sure. It's tough because Philly's biggest need is on D, as is ours really. I'd rather not move Petry, but I'd more try something like Petry+Gagner maybe. Gagner could be a good fit playing on their second line between Lecavalier and Simmonds.
Why play Lecavalier at wing instead of Gagner? Maybe play Gagner between Hartnell and Simmonds, that could work I suppose. But then who does the spade work for Giroux?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:07 AM
mullet

Could you do kelfbom for larson? NJD sent him to albony to develop. He is a high pick with a few more years experience on a longer term contract?

Old
02-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post

We've seen that bs to many times to believe it. They could win out and it wont mean anything for next season. Sure they should try and play better the rest of the way but at this point whether they win or lose doesnt matter. Winning meaningless games at the end of this season doesnt mean they will win next year, getting a better draft pick doesnt mean we'll have a player that ever contributes.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Prongo
Beer

Just going to chime in from a Flyers fan perspective. It is pretty much split right down the middle with Schenn/Couts debate about who is more valuable. Schenn is already playing the 2nd line center position and putting up decent points(on pace for 50 right now) and Couts plays some of the toughest minutes in the NHL while still producing at an ok pace. He set new career highs already this year, so he is producing while still playing the best players night in and night out. He is also on pace for about 39/40 points, which some Flyer fans will rightfully say is probably as good as you can expect with his competition.

Bob Mac stated very early in the year when the Flyers were struggling that B Schenn is not going anywhere unless there is a great defenseman coming back our way. Now, of course things could change, but I just don't think he would be expendable unless we get what both teams really need.

I don't see Gagner really fitting on the Flyers, or even Perron. I like Perron much more than Gagner, but they don't play the way the Flyers like their wingers to play. We have our wingers do most if not all the dirty work on the boards for the centers, I don't think Gagner is really suited for that. Perron is a very skilled player, but a banger is not one way I would categorize him as. Even Voracek is a hard forechecker, but not to the degree of Simmonds/Hartnell/Reader.

I still think the teams come together at the draft again, and Coburn being Edmonton's main target. The interest still has to be there, and with the season he is having it probably has just deepened the interest. He has been extremely solid. Not saying his price is going up, just saying that your front office probably still likes what he brings and was reinforced this season.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:30 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

While most of us are sick of relying on draft picks, I hope we can get some picks in deals for Hemsky, Smyth and N. Schultz. Simply because I think they'll be easier to flip than prospects this summer as a part of a bigger deal.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:39 AM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
Could you do kelfbom for larson? NJD sent him to albony to develop. He is a high pick with a few more years experience on a longer term contract?
New Jersey laughs hard at the suggestion. Larsson is much better than Klefbom and has the draft pedigree from 3 years ago to keep his value high. Honestly I feel like New Jersey would ask for Yakupov from us. Maybe they would accept adding a bit to Larsson. Not saying we would take that deal just what I think they would want.

But if MacT was able to make a Klefbom for Adam Larsson trade straight up I would never question him again

Old
02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapes99 View Post
Just a question, but does anyone know how many NHL Gm's are at the Olympics? Seems like a good place to be scouting some of those guys that might make the jump from Europe to the NHL in the near future.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:34 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
hypothetical but if Ilya Kovalchuk decided to come back to the NHL would NJ still hold his rights?

Old
02-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Just going to chime in from a Flyers fan perspective. It is pretty much split right down the middle with Schenn/Couts debate about who is more valuable. Schenn is already playing the 2nd line center position and putting up decent points(on pace for 50 right now) and Couts plays some of the toughest minutes in the NHL while still producing at an ok pace. He set new career highs already this year, so he is producing while still playing the best players night in and night out. He is also on pace for about 39/40 points, which some Flyer fans will rightfully say is probably as good as you can expect with his competition.

Bob Mac stated very early in the year when the Flyers were struggling that B Schenn is not going anywhere unless there is a great defenseman coming back our way. Now, of course things could change, but I just don't think he would be expendable unless we get what both teams really need.

I don't see Gagner really fitting on the Flyers, or even Perron. I like Perron much more than Gagner, but they don't play the way the Flyers like their wingers to play. We have our wingers do most if not all the dirty work on the boards for the centers, I don't think Gagner is really suited for that. Perron is a very skilled player, but a banger is not one way I would categorize him as. Even Voracek is a hard forechecker, but not to the degree of Simmonds/Hartnell/Reader.

I still think the teams come together at the draft again, and Coburn being Edmonton's main target. The interest still has to be there, and with the season he is having it probably has just deepened the interest. He has been extremely solid. Not saying his price is going up, just saying that your front office probably still likes what he brings and was reinforced this season.
Perron is not a big hitter but he gets in on the forecheck and battles along the boards and around the net, he is nothing like Gagner in that he is strong on his skates and wins puck battles. I was thinking that Perron could round out your top line:

Perron-Giroux-Voracek

Old
02-18-2014, 10:40 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
hypothetical but if Ilya Kovalchuk decided to come back to the NHL would NJ still hold his rights?
From what I heard no. At the same time there was something about how if he did want to come back that all 30 teams would need to be in agreement so NJ could very well veto him coming back.

Closed Thread