HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

vCash: 500
I'm getting a little peed off with some HF posters who like to throw every player the Oilers own into the gutter. "Hemsky is worth MAYBE a 3rd rounder at best". "Gagner is only worth 2 2nd rounders. Clifford is an overpayment". Like seriously, I understand they aren't producing to their contract, but they definitely have MORE value than that!

Old
02-18-2014, 11:47 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I'm getting a little peed off with some HF posters who like to throw every player the Oilers own into the gutter. "Hemsky is worth MAYBE a 3rd rounder at best". "Gagner is only worth 2 2nd rounders. Clifford is an overpayment". Like seriously, I understand they aren't producing to their contract, but they definitely have MORE value than that!
It goes both ways, especially on the main board where some posters try trade magic beans for superstars.

Old
02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
SometimesY

Quote:
Looking at some trade proposals and . Just wouldn't have seen that type of thing a few years ago. I would rather have all the homers make proposals.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Yeah I love how Hemsky is worth a 3rd rounder in a shallow draft, like I said on the main boards I'd sooner keep him for the rest of his contract then and hope that by keeping some of the kids in OKC that we can get them into the playoffs.

02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Don't expect anything more around here. The entitlement is embarrassing at times. To the point that in trade proposals, you do everything you can to let the other team win so you don't have to hear the crying.

"It would take a massive overpayment to move that player" is what these people say about every player on their team. These are the type of people who will never have a career in the game, or even in many business situations.

That isn't how the league works. That isn't how business works.

The reality of the Gagner situation is likely this. Teams know he is available, and they will likely try to lowball (Clifford +3rd etc.), especially because there is a trigger happy rookie GM here. That said, as long as MacT turns down the lowball deals, the other managers respect that if they want to get the asset, they have to give up assets.

In most situations, neither side is looking to give overpayments, they eventually work together on finding a deal that they think is fair, and that the other side should find fair value in too.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Perron is not a big hitter but he gets in on the forecheck and battles along the boards and around the net, he is nothing like Gagner in that he is strong on his skates and wins puck battles. I was thinking that Perron could round out your top line:

Perron-Giroux-Voracek
Realistically we don't make good trade partners when talking about Perron. You guys would probably want Coburn or B Schenn and I don't think Flyers management would make that move.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Realistically we don't make good trade partners when talking about Perron. You guys would probably want Coburn or B Schenn and I don't think Flyers management would make that move.
What do you think about our 1st for Couturier? You most likely end up with one of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
What do you think about our 1st for Couturier? You most likely end up with one of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett.
Rather just hold onto Couts. He is a great 3rd line center for us right now and is still very much developing. Flyer fans see the potential he has offensively, just skating was holding him back. He has improved it every single year since he came into the league and works on it every off season. It's pretty much a lateral trade from our point, only exception being Ekblad. Bennett I actually like more than Reinhart, but I also like Fluery just about as much as Ekblad.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Natepollock92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Rather just hold onto Couts. He is a great 3rd line center for us right now and is still very much developing. Flyer fans see the potential he has offensively, just skating was holding him back. He has improved it every single year since he came into the league and works on it every off season. It's pretty much a lateral trade from our point, only exception being Ekblad. Bennett I actually like more than Reinhart, but I also like Fluery just about as much as Ekblad.
The differences between Ekblad and fleury is their hockey sense in either zone and by extension the decisions they make, Ekblad has it Fleury to a lesser extent so he makes the odd gaffe in either zone, but Fleury also has one of the best point shots ive seen in a draft for a while he has the tools to be deadly on the pp at an nhl level, Ekblads is very good to though. The difference between the two is a lot less than some might think based on projections but scouts also value hockey sense more than a good shot.

As for the edm-Philly trade I cant see edm wanting L.schenn hes regressed so much he's just not what we need and you guys need defense as well. Hence why I believe Columbus is the best option. I stand by Eberle for Jenner+Dansk+1st. Cbj need top 6 high end skill and we need a #2c, a #1G and defense and get all that cheap because those assets are what id consider moveable and still just prospects that are near nhl ready on a team full of their position. The other move i could see is landing chris stewart, im not sure what we'd give up but hed look really good in our top 6. if we draft Ekblad and Fleury and add FA's(any of Pouliot, Niskanen, nikitin, stuart, morris maybe even bolland) we could really be in a good position currently and for the future.

Hall-nuge-yak
perron-jenner-Stewart
Smyth-Gordon-Pouliot
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick

Stuart/nikitin-niskanen/morris
Marincin-petry
ference-schultz
ekblad-Nurse
Fleury-Klefbom
fedun

Scrivens
Dansk

Could be good right now let alone down the road. The icing on the cake would be signing a good C in FA like Bolland to ease Jenner into a bigger role. The reason I leave Smyth in there is hes still scoring at an acceptable pace and makes his line mates (particularly gordon) a lot better, statistically hes been an undervalued fantastic shutdown 3rd liner.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
tv14

With Hemsky being linked to Ottawa and rumours Ottawa had a deal for a forward go through previous to the freeze, I wonder if Hemsky's good play with Michalek could spark a deal with us and Ottawa?

Old
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Natepollock92

um there's always been interest in hemsky form ottawa, definitly think there's a chance he goes there but for what im not sure.

Last edited by Natepollock92: 02-18-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old
02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

draft ekblad
sam gagner and oscar klefbom for nick ritchie (WPG) at the draft
sign jagr and hemsky, Hiller, Vanek

Vanek-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Hall-Perron
Joensuu-Arcobello-Jagr
Hendricks-Gordon-Ritchie
Lander, Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Fedun, Gernat

Hiller
Brossoit

Old
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
draft ekblad

Vanek-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Hall-Perron
Joensuu-Arcobello-Jagr
Hendricks-Gordon-Ritchie
Lander, Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Fedun, Gernat

Hiller
Brossoit
Vanek's not coming here.
Hall can't play C
Jagr's not coming here
That Def gets killed with 2 rookies plus Marincin on it.
Still don't think we get Ekblad.

Old
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
draft ekblad

Vanek-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Hall-Perron
Joensuu-Arcobello-Jagr
Hendricks-Gordon-Ritchie
Lander, Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Fedun, Gernat

Hiller
Brossoit

All I have to say for this..

Old
02-18-2014, 03:33 PM
HeavyHitter99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Vanek's not coming here.
Hall can't play C
Jagr's not coming here
That Def gets killed with 2 rookies plus Marincin on it.
Still don't think we get Ekblad.
All this and that whole Nick Ritchie situation is a complete fail. For one we assume that WPG drafts him, assume that he is available wherever they pick and then we apparently rush him onto our lineup next year. Oh and if Gagner and Klefbom are traded it won't be for a winger let alone a draft pick to draft a winger.

Old
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Natepollock92

Quote:
draft ekblad

Vanek-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Hall-Perron
Joensuu-Arcobello-Jagr
Hendricks-Gordon-Ritchie
Lander, Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Fedun, Gernat

Hiller
Brossoit
So let Scrivens walk, over pay for a 32 y/o goalie that's never won anything and suffers from vertigo, have 7 rookies on essentially the same team as this year, including your backup who really hasn't played a game in the NHL or any other "big stage" and pair Nurse, a defensively questionable offensive defenseman in the OHL with Schultz who is still himself learning the defensive game? WE'RE GETTING MCDAVID AMG!!

Also you have Yak and Perron on the wrong wings and you said sign Hemsky but hes not actually on your team. Also you'd trade Sam Gagner and Oscar Klefbom for a 19 y/o rookie to play on our 4th line?

Old
02-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Jet Walters

If we draft 2nd or 3rd and Ekblad is gone would the pick (Bennett/Reinhart) plus Gagner and a LHD prospect like Musil/Gernat/Klefbom land us Byflugien and Ladd from the Jets?

Then something around Perron for Dubinsky, and Yakupov for the best Defenseman you can get. Hemsky at half price for Greening might also make sense.

Hall Dubinsky Eberle
Ladd RNH Byflugien
Greening Gordon Hendricks/Pitlick

If you want to play Buff on defense then keep Yakupov.

Old
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
If we draft 2nd or 3rd and Ekblad is gone would the pick (Bennett/Reinhart) plus Gagner and a LHD prospect like Musil/Gernat/Klefbom land us Byflugien and Ladd from the Jets?

Then something around Perron for Dubinsky, and Yakupov for the best Defenseman you can get. Hemsky at half price for Greening might also make sense.

Hall Dubinsky Eberle
Ladd RNH Byflugien
Greening Gordon Hendricks/Pitlick

If you want to play Buff on defense then keep Yakupov.
I dont want anything to do with Buff. Looks good on a good D core. He would not be a strong #1 here.

Old
02-18-2014, 07:06 PM
tv14

Hemsky to Ottawa for Greening. He's looking good with Michalek so far in Sochi.
Gagner to Nashville for Wilson + pick/prospect.
Midlevel pick/prospect to LA for Clifford. We've been rumoured to be interested in him for a while.

Head into the offseason with a set forward group an allow MacT to focus all his time/energy on defence and goaltending.

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Wilson-Eberle
Greening-Gordon-Clifford
Gazdic-Hendricks-Jones

Old
02-18-2014, 07:47 PM
oilers92

vCash: 788
Quote:
draft ekblad

Vanek-Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Hall-Perron
Joensuu-Arcobello-Jagr
Hendricks-Gordon-Ritchie
Lander, Gazdic

Marincin-Petry
Nurse-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Fedun, Gernat

Hiller
Brossoit

good to see you allowed hemsky to be on the ir on your mock that was nice of you

Old
02-18-2014, 11:46 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

We should sign Omark.

Package him up in the summer for Weber.

Old
02-19-2014, 08:12 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natepollock92 View Post
The differences between Ekblad and fleury is their hockey sense in either zone and by extension the decisions they make, Ekblad has it Fleury to a lesser extent so he makes the odd gaffe in either zone, but Fleury also has one of the best point shots ive seen in a draft for a while he has the tools to be deadly on the pp at an nhl level, Ekblads is very good to though. The difference between the two is a lot less than some might think based on projections but scouts also value hockey sense more than a good shot.

As for the edm-Philly trade I cant see edm wanting L.schenn hes regressed so much he's just not what we need and you guys need defense as well. Hence why I believe Columbus is the best option. I stand by Eberle for Jenner+Dansk+1st. Cbj need top 6 high end skill and we need a #2c, a #1G and defense and get all that cheap because those assets are what id consider moveable and still just prospects that are near nhl ready on a team full of their position. The other move i could see is landing chris stewart, im not sure what we'd give up but hed look really good in our top 6. if we draft Ekblad and Fleury and add FA's(any of Pouliot, Niskanen, nikitin, stuart, morris maybe even bolland) we could really be in a good position currently and for the future.

Hall-nuge-yak
perron-jenner-Stewart
Smyth-Gordon-Pouliot
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick

Stuart/nikitin-niskanen/morris
Marincin-petry
ference-schultz
ekblad-Nurse
Fleury-Klefbom
fedun

Scrivens
Dansk

Could be good right now let alone down the road. The icing on the cake would be signing a good C in FA like Bolland to ease Jenner into a bigger role. The reason I leave Smyth in there is hes still scoring at an acceptable pace and makes his line mates (particularly gordon) a lot better, statistically hes been an undervalued fantastic shutdown 3rd liner.
I would like to point out that Jenner has been in the NHL all season and that Dansk had yet to play a professional game, so referring to them as "near NHL-ready" isn't really appropriate. Also, while the deal you proposed it likely similar to the return Eberle would command, I do think you underestimate how highly the Jackets value Jenner and Dansk.

Old
02-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Bergeron47

After watching that FIN-RUS game, we need Leo Komarov. He was hitting everything, and targetting their star players.

Old
02-19-2014, 07:07 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natepollock92 View Post
um there's always been interest in hemsky form ottawa, definitly think there's a chance he goes there but for what im not sure.
I would love condra. One of the most underated players in the league IMO. Doubt we could get him for a rental tho. More realistic is a guy like smith or greening.

Old
02-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Hemsky stock took a huge jump you know all the scouts and gm's who are buyers had their eyes on him this tournament

Closed Thread