HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
I really think if we can, we'll draft Reinhart, and then follow it up by trading for Griffin. Total gut feeling, though.

Eberle for Griffin and Clutterbuck?

Gagner for Clifford and Muzzin?

Old
02-21-2014, 03:55 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Said it before and I'll say it again. If we are getting a franchise d-man my list of untouchables pretty much becomes zero.

I am opening to moving anyone if the deal makes sense.

The one guy I don't really want to move is Hall as he has an ability to control and dominate games that I haven't saw for a very long time.

Old
02-21-2014, 04:01 PM
McDrai
Jesse P for Prez

vCash: 50
This is what I have for next season. Trading Eberle, Gagner, Hemsky, and the first rd pick should help to fill a couple of those blank slots. The rest can be filled through free agency.

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Perron/_____/_______
_____/Gordon/______
_____/Lander/Pitlick

______/J.Schultz
Marincin/Petry
Ference/Nurse

Scrivens
______

Old
02-21-2014, 04:02 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I really think if we can, we'll draft Reinhart, and then follow it up by trading for Griffin. Total gut feeling, though.

That Eberle trade is absolutely terrible. I find griffin very overrated and even his numbers are disappointing. And clutterbuck is a 4th liner who's best days are behind him. islanders need to add majorly. Try adding in Brock Nelson.

Last edited by HeavyMcHitter97: 02-21-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old
02-21-2014, 04:03 PM
McFlyingV
#Free :]

vCash: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again. If we are getting a franchise d-man my list of untouchables pretty much becomes zero.

The one guy I don't really want to move is Hall as he has an ability to control and dominate games that I haven't saw for a very long time.
Didn't really mean a list of untouchables, just who you'd like to see back. Obviously I would part with pretty much anyone for a franchise D, but franchise D only become available in rare circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall2Nuge2Ebs View Post
This is what I have for next season. Trading Eberle, Gagner, Hemsky, and the first rd pick should help to fill a couple of those blank slots. The rest can be filled through free agency.

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Perron/_____/_______
_____/Gordon/______
_____/Lander/Pitlick

______/J.Schultz
Marincin/Petry
Ference/Nurse

Scrivens
______
I agree with most of that, although I would like to keep Gazdic and Hendricks around as they seem to fill their roles pretty nicely for us. I think Pitlick should get a chance on a line with either Gordon and Hendricks or Gazdic and Hendricks at C. I like Lander's defensive awareness, and the offence he's shown in the AHL. Not quite sure he will ever fit as a 4C though unless he puts on some weight and gets more physical.

Edit: If anything I could see Lander taking over the 3C job if he can have a break out year and show some offence at the NHL level and bump Gordon down to the 4C who kills penalties and takes a lot of defensive zone draws for us. Almost more like a 3a centre and 3b centre

Last edited by McFlyingV: 02-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old
02-21-2014, 04:06 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Didn't really mean a list of untouchables, just who you'd like to see back. Obviously I would part with pretty much anyone for a franchise D, but franchise D only become available in rare circumstances.
Pretty much the same for me. This team needs changes and someone is going to be dealt at some point. I hate to lose certain guys, but honestly if it's an upgrade to a glaring weakness I really don't care.

Old
02-21-2014, 04:11 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:

i agree with the basis of what you are saying but if we trade say RNH+ or HALL+ for a weber...the oilers won't be a much better team...IMO

Old
02-21-2014, 04:15 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post

terrible deal with NYI

Old
02-21-2014, 04:21 PM
McFlyingV
#Free :]

vCash: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmyfeeling View Post
i agree with the basis of what you are saying but if we trade say RNH+ or HALL+ for a weber...the oilers won't be a much better team...IMO
I don't totally agree (although it would be pretty hard to replace our #1C), but in reality the Oilers '06 team only really had a good goalie, franchise dman, a 1st line LW and RW and a Solid#2 centre playing as a #1. That being said if a franchise dman did become available, it would be smart to try and get him using a position of strength as the centre piece(s) (Yakupov, Eberle or Perron)

Old
02-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Gordon, J Schultz, Petry, Belov, Marincin, Scrivens

Everybody else I'd listen to offers

Old
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 125
Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Gordon.

If Scrivens continues to play well, try to bring him back without overpaying.

Old
02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmyfeeling View Post
Really depends what those + are. I think Hall/RNH and prospects/picks for Weber and we are a better team tomorrow.

Old
02-21-2014, 04:33 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 104
Grebeshkov

Old
02-21-2014, 05:30 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
I don't totally agree (although it would be pretty hard to replace our #1C), but in reality the Oilers '06 team only really had a good goalie, franchise dman, a 1st line LW and RW and a Solid#2 centre playing as a #1. That being said if a franchise dman did become available, it would be smart to try and get him using a position of strength as the centre piece(s) (Yakupov, Eberle or Perron)
And Michael Peca who was a beast in the playoffs.

Old
02-21-2014, 05:40 PM
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall2Nuge2Ebs View Post

Hall/RNH/Yakupov
Perron/_____/_______
_____/Gordon/______
_____/Lander/Pitlick

______/J.Schultz
Marincin/Petry
Ference/Nurse

Scrivens
______

I like the looks of that, except I would also keep Hendricks if he continues to play the role he has. I think him and Gordon play well together. Also I think I would rather have Klefbom on the third pairing and have Nurse return to the OHL after 9 games unless he absolutely leaves you no choice. The kid has many years ahead of him in this league he will only get one shot at a WJC gold, I think that experience would benefit him greatly.

Seeing both Lander and Klefbom starting to find their NA game in the AHL I would be confident that they could both do an excellent job in limited roles on the team next season.

I don't know if anyone saw Babcock's presser after the Canada USA game today but the things he had to say about the Swede's being ego-less and being very strong team players and systems players, it sounded like the type of players the Oilers need in the room and on the ice.

Old
02-21-2014, 05:57 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:

Totally agree with these statements. My list is blank as I would move anyone for a star on the backend. Until that is fixed, we are going no where.

Old
02-21-2014, 06:19 PM
taunting canadian

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately the Oilers don't have any C other than RNH that has the all-around game of '06 Horcoff. Gagner hasn't even put up the offensive numbers that Horcoff did during his 1 or 2 peak years (Gagner maxing out at 0.8 PPG last year to Horcoff's ~0.9 PPG in '06), and he definitely doesn't have the overall game. Gordon is also probably not up to '06 Peca level. The C depth overall without RNH would be much worse than that '06 team.

Old
02-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Aceboogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
terrible deal with NYI
No its not? Clutterbuck is a pretty useless hockey player right now and has 2nd-3rd round pick value

Eberle>Reinhart in terms of value.

edit: NVM thought you meant its bad value for them

Old
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Oil In My Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
I think we'll end up passing Calgary, NYI and Florida. Say goodbye to Reinhart, Ekblad and Bennet. Only way we get a top 2 pick is if all of these things magically happen.

- Trade Gagner for Clifford
- Reacquire Dubnyk
- Season ending injuries to Scrivens and Hall
- Trade every UFA for prospects.

Now in the scenario that we finish 5th but win the lottery, who do you draft? Reinhart is looking like a stud #1C but Ekblad is what we need.
Or we win the draft lottery

Old
02-21-2014, 08:18 PM
nexttothemoon
Streak Breakers Inc

Moved to more appropriate thread.

Old
02-21-2014, 08:35 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Hall-Hopkins
Perron- _____-Yakupov
_____Gordon-Pitlick
Hendricks-Lander-Gazdic

Not even going to try with the blueline.

Old
02-21-2014, 09:38 PM
ChaoticOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Gordon, J Schultz, Petry, Belov, Marincin, Scrivens

Everybody else I'd listen to offers
I would remove Eberle and add Perron to that list.

Hall/RNH/Yak
Perron-NEW-NEW
NEW-Gordon-NEW
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick
Gazdic

NEW - NEW
Petry-Marincin
Ference - JSchultz (heavy PP mins)
Belov

Scrivens
NEW/Bryz

Old
02-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
all I care about is who they trade the 1st round pick for. if they don't trade the pick, I will be so pissed (assuming Ekblad isn't available). i will be gearing up for a season in which i pay as little attention to as possible.

If they pick Bennet or Reinhart or some other 18 year old that 'might' be good 'someday', I can't wait for the spin they will be spewing to give us any sense of hope and excitement for next season. it won't work for me. AFAIC, picking an 18 year (who isnt Ekblad) is writing off all of next season and that is completely unacceptable.

Old
02-21-2014, 10:32 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I would remove Eberle and add Perron to that list.

Hall/RNH/Yak
Perron-NEW-NEW
NEW-Gordon-NEW
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick
Gazdic

NEW - NEW
Petry-Marincin
Ference - JSchultz (heavy PP mins)
Belov

Scrivens
NEW/Bryz
If we ended up drafting Ekblad... would he crack the roster and would you expect nurse to make the team?

You got Petry and Marincin mixed up there. Petry is right handed while Marincin is left handed. I think you could afford to have one of them on the first pairing depending on what we do in the off-season.

Marincin-Justin Schultz
Nurse-Petry
Ference-Ekblad

LOL how bad would that be for next season?

Old
02-21-2014, 10:51 PM
McShogun99

If the Oilers do end up drafting Ekblad then they need to bring in the rookie Dmen the right way, ease them in. Next season start with one of Nurse or Klefbom based on who has the better training camp. The season after that you bring up the other one. Then in 2 seasons you bring in Ekblad. The D core will still be young but at least they'll have more time to develop.

Closed Thread