HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2014, 12:37 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Hall - Nuge - Yak
Perron - XXXX - XXXX
Hendricks - Gordon - XXXX
Gazdic - XXXX - XXXX

XXXX - Petry
Ference - XXXX
XXXX - Schultz

Scrivens
XXXX

Trade Gags and Hemsky at the deadline (as well as Jones and Nick Schultz if we can get something). Smyth retires, Belov returns to Russia, Fraser signs somewhere else, Bryz either signs relatively cheap or goes elsewhere, and Eberle is dealt for defense.

Lander and Pitlick can likely complete the 4th line, but we could also potentially get a guy like Clifford in one of the deals. Marincin/Nurse/Ekblad play bottom pairing with Schultz. Sign a guy like Moss or Winnik for the 3rd line. Sign Downie for the 2nd line, or trade for a guy like Stewart. Trade Eberle for a guy like Bogosian. Sign Morris/Mitchell/etc to play 2nd pairing. Only real issue imo is the 2C

Old
02-22-2014, 01:05 AM
ElFossum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Hall - Nuge - Yak
Perron - XXXX - XXXX
Hendricks - Gordon - XXXX
Gazdic - XXXX - XXXX

XXXX - Petry
Ference - XXXX
XXXX - Schultz

Scrivens
XXXX

Trade Gags and Hemsky at the deadline (as well as Jones and Nick Schultz if we can get something). Smyth retires, Belov returns to Russia, Fraser signs somewhere else, Bryz either signs relatively cheap or goes elsewhere, and Eberle is dealt for defense.

Lander and Pitlick can likely complete the 4th line, but we could also potentially get a guy like Clifford in one of the deals. Marincin/Nurse/Ekblad play bottom pairing with Schultz. Sign a guy like Moss or Winnik for the 3rd line. Sign Downie for the 2nd line, or trade for a guy like Stewart. Trade Eberle for a guy like Bogosian. Sign Morris/Mitchell/etc to play 2nd pairing. Only real issue imo is the 2C

And finding that bogo - esk player that we can use ebs for. Next year is a write off IMO unless our deadline day/ draft day are superb.

Old
02-22-2014, 01:12 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I would remove Eberle and add Perron to that list.

Hall/RNH/Yak
Perron-NEW-NEW
NEW-Gordon-NEW
Hendricks-Lander-Pitlick
Gazdic

NEW - NEW
Petry-Marincin
Ference - JSchultz (heavy PP mins)
Belov

Scrivens
NEW/Bryz
I don't think its reasonable to expect MacT to be able to pick up 2 top 6 forwards and 2 top 4 dmen...

Old
02-22-2014, 01:42 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFossum View Post
And finding that bogo - esk player that we can use ebs for. Next year is a write off IMO unless our deadline day/ draft day are superb.
this. haven't got a shred of hope for next year. we'll be taking draft picks by January and debating whether or not to tank or play hard. IOW, pretty much a carbon copy of the last 4 years.

the skid for McDavid will begin pretty much the moment MacT picks Reinhart.

Old
02-22-2014, 01:56 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Ya it will be interesting to see what the Isles do the rest of the season. They were already out of the playoffs as it was... now they may just go into tank mode and sell off some secondary pieces. You have to think Wang will be in budget mode seeing as he won't be getting any playoff money yet again.
Isles offered Vanek $7m per and with him rejecting it, he will be traded.

AMac won't come down from his $5m per demand. Isles upped their offer from $3.5m per to $4m.
Botta reports AMac is headed out the door.

In answer to fan questions, Staple reported the isles have no interest in moving Grabs.

Old
02-22-2014, 01:59 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
That Eberle trade is absolutely terrible. I find griffin very overrated and even his numbers are disappointing. And clutterbuck is a 4th liner who's best days are behind him. islanders need to add majorly. Try adding in Brock Nelson.
Isles pass. They will IMO have 2, maybe 3 first rounders along with second tier kids like Lee/Pelech to shop this summer.

Those will be their trade chips, not the top prospects that Friedman and Staple report Snow refuses to put on the trade table.

Old
02-22-2014, 02:00 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFossum View Post
Well... How about... Bogosian. He's the best fit for that sort of deal, but someone else might pop up

Old
02-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Paralyzer008

My list I think differs from every other fan:

Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron, Yakupov, Hemsky, Gordon, Smyth

Petry, J.Schultz, Ference, Potter

Scrivens

Some notables and why: Hemsky is important depth, Smyth is important depth (just needs less minutes), Potter I'd keep as a No.8 D-man in case of injury, Gagner I'd trade, Marincin I'd trade in a package for an upgrade on D, Gazdic could be 13th guy but he's unnecessary, a Hendricks type player is nice but can be found for much cheaper than 1.85M per, wouldn't hand Pitlick or any OKC Baron a guaranteed roster spot. I also see why keeping 8 of our forwards could be a problem but the continuity should help us overall, along with some two-way additions, guys with size, and speed/hitting capability on line 4 (I don't think Gazdic or Hendricks is that quick which I don't like)

Old
02-22-2014, 03:18 AM
I am the Liquor

Abg.

Old
02-22-2014, 03:26 AM
I am the Liquor

Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Oilers retain half of Gagner's salary.

Do you do this?

Old
02-22-2014, 03:30 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
My list I think differs from every other fan:

Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron, Yakupov, Hemsky, Gordon, Smyth

Petry, J.Schultz, Ference, Potter

Scrivens

Some notables and why: Hemsky is important depth, Smyth is important depth (just needs less minutes), Potter I'd keep as a No.8 D-man in case of injury, Gagner I'd trade, Marincin I'd trade in a package for an upgrade on D, Gazdic could be 13th guy but he's unnecessary, a Hendricks type player is nice but can be found for much cheaper than 1.85M per, wouldn't hand Pitlick or any OKC Baron a guaranteed roster spot. I also see why keeping 8 of our forwards could be a problem but the continuity should help us overall, along with some two-way additions, guys with size, and speed/hitting capability on line 4 (I don't think Gazdic or Hendricks is that quick which I don't like)
I might have to find a new team if Smyth, Hemsky and Potter are on the Oilers next season.

Old
02-22-2014, 03:37 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Do you do this?
No. Two NHLers for non NHLers doesn't work for me.

Eberle is the most valuable piece, and too valuable to be trading for prospects no matter how promising.

Old
02-22-2014, 04:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Do you do this?
Staple and Friedman both report , Snow is refusing to put his top prospects on the trade table.

The only Oiler of interest in your proposal is Ebs and I do not see the isles giving up their last three 1st round picks to land him.

Gagner is a smallish , 40-45 pt center. The isles already have that in Frans at $2.7m.
And Gagner lacks the defense and physical play to be a good winger.

Old
02-22-2014, 08:07 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I might have to find a new team if Smyth, Hemsky and Potter are on the Oilers next season.
It doesn't even matter since this team is a few years away from even making the playoffs.

Old
02-22-2014, 08:10 AM
oilersfan11

It's a guarantee that the Oilers are going to hit the 10 years milestone of having no playoffs.

Old
02-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

With the news Detroit is interested in Hemsky, I wonder if we could shake loose C Calle Jarnkrok from them.

02-22-2014, 10:43 AM
armandh01

I actually think Smyth has played ok.

Hall, Nuge, Ebs, Yak, Perron, Gordon, Gazdic, Hendricks, Smyth Ference, Petty, Marincin, Schultz, Scrivens Gagner if no suitable deal exists.

Last edited by armandh01: 02-22-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old
02-22-2014, 10:45 AM
armandh01

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
It's a guarantee that the Oilers are going to hit the 10 years milestone of having no playoffs.
Well yeah. 4 out of 6 of our Dmen can barely stay afloat and the sad part is we play one of then 26 min a night.

We either rely until they learn to or get trade for a #2/#3 (the former highly unlikely.)

Blank - Schultz
Marincin - Petry
Ference - Blank (Fedun IMO)
Blank

Old
02-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-XXXX-Yakupov
XXXX-Gordon-XXXXX
Joensuu-Hendricks-Pitlick
Gazdic

XXXX-XXXX
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Schultz
XXXXX

XXXX
Scrivens

That's my outline for next years team. Everyone else can leave.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:09 AM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Hall, Nuge, Yakupov, Perron, Gordon, Hendricks, Gazdic, Marincin, J Schultz

Old
02-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Jet Walters

Detroit doesn't have much that interests me. Tootoo would be Ok on the 4th line, although a bit expensive. Mrazek is a solid looking goalie prospect. In the end I think the best asset we can hope for in a Hemsky trade is a late 1st, which could in turn be traded at the draft for a player who may not be available at the deadline. That, or Mac T could work his magic and turn that late 1st into a 2nd, 3 3rds, and 3 4ths.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:29 AM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:

Do you do this?

Neither team does this.

Old
02-22-2014, 12:22 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Inquiry

If the Islanders managed to sneak into the top or second draft slot and picked Ekblad, would your club be interested in dealing for him, and what would you be willing to give up in exchange?

Old
02-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
If the Islanders managed to sneak into the top or second draft slot and picked Ekblad, would your club be interested in dealing for him, and what would you be willing to give up in exchange?
Gagner and Klefbom

Old
02-22-2014, 12:26 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
Detroit doesn't have much that interests me. Tootoo would be Ok on the 4th line, although a bit expensive. Mrazek is a solid looking goalie prospect. In the end I think the best asset we can hope for in a Hemsky trade is a late 1st, which could in turn be traded at the draft for a player who may not be available at the deadline. That, or Mac T could work his magic and turn that late 1st into a 2nd, 3 3rds, and 3 4ths.
I dunno, on the main board one Detroit guy offered Andersson, Cleary and a 3rd for Hemmer. I think thats a deal we take. Andersson could anchor our 4th line C spot for at least the next few years and has potential to move up the lineup. Cleary could play the 3rd line RW spot and would be a vet leader in the room.

Closed Thread