HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Oilers retain half of Gagner's salary.

Do you do this?
Oh god no. I honestly think Nurse has greater potential than Reinhart, and Islanders will be happy if Strome become the player that Eberle is

Old
02-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
With the news Detroit is interested in Hemsky, I wonder if we could shake loose C Calle Jarnkrok from them.
Where did you hear that Detroit is interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Walters View Post
Detroit doesn't have much that interests me. Tootoo would be Ok on the 4th line, although a bit expensive. Mrazek is a solid looking goalie prospect. In the end I think the best asset we can hope for in a Hemsky trade is a late 1st, which could in turn be traded at the draft for a player who may not be available at the deadline. That, or Mac T could work his magic and turn that late 1st into a 2nd, 3 3rds, and 3 4ths.
Hemsky for Detroit's 1st and Tootoo would work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
If the Islanders managed to sneak into the top or second draft slot and picked Ekblad, would your club be interested in dealing for him, and what would you be willing to give up in exchange?
Our 1st and a pick or two that we return from the trade deadline.

02-22-2014, 12:20 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Do you do this?
No thanks. With Jordan being the only NHL player in the trade, and a 1st line talent at that, I don't like the deal at all. We're trading for too many magic beans while giving up the elite talent.

While Snow is saying he won't deal his high end prospects, if the Oilers are offering Eberle, he would definitely listen.

Old
02-22-2014, 12:28 PM
ponokanocker

moved threads

Old
02-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
If the Islanders managed to sneak into the top or second draft slot and picked Ekblad, would your club be interested in dealing for him, and what would you be willing to give up in exchange?
I'd drop Eberle on the table. I already regret not trading him twice, there was a deal in place for Eberle + Hemsky for Seguin which we passed on and then Eberle for Ryan Johansen which we also passed on both of those deals would of made us a better team, it's a big risk but I'd like to cash in on him.

I also was a fan of Eberle for Pietrangelo when that wasn't a popular sentiment on this board, although unlike the other two there was no indication that it was ever on the table.

While I like Ekblad quite a bit, I actually think I like Reinhart better if both were on the table I think I would take Reinhart, although I've only seen Ekblad play like 3 times aside from all the WJC games. Reinhart on the other hand I've probably seen roughly 20 times over the past couple of years.

Old
02-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I might have to find a new team if Smyth, Hemsky and Potter are on the Oilers next season.
I'd rather have Smyth taking a regular 4th line shift than Gazdic.

Old
02-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'd drop Eberle on the table. I already regret not trading him twice, there was a deal in place for Eberle + Hemsky for Seguin which we passed on and then Eberle for Ryan Johansen which we also passed on both of those deals would of made us a better team, it's a big risk but I'd like to cash in on him.

I also was a fan of Eberle for Pietrangelo when that wasn't a popular sentiment on this board, although unlike the other two there was no indication that it was ever on the table.

While I like Ekblad quite a bit, I actually think I like Reinhart better if both were on the table I think I would take Reinhart, although I've only seen Ekblad play like 3 times aside from all the WJC games. Reinhart on the other hand I've probably seen roughly 20 times over the past couple of years.
I dont have a link to support this, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I remember hearing that we offered that deal, and Boston listened but said no?

Old
02-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
I dont have a link to support this, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I remember hearing that we offered that deal, and Boston listened but said no?
On Oil Change I'm pretty sure they said Boston wanted Eberle+ and then Tambellini laughed it off. I believe in an article later it was said the deal on the table Boston wanted was Eberle + Hemsky.

Old
02-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
IIRC Boston offered us the second overall in 2010 for Hemsky and Eberle and Tambo declined

Old
02-22-2014, 07:34 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:

Do you do this?
Wow that's bad. Eberle's value is getting really underrated on here. IMO that's not even close especially since I believe Nurse will better than Reinhart.

Old
02-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Mr Positive
Four-NinetySeven-Ten

vCash: 2739
Grigorenko for Gagner

Old
02-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Positive View Post
Grigorenko for Gagner
Does this trade really solve any problems that Gagner creates?

Is Grigorenko physical? How is he on faceoffs? Is he responsible defensively?

Old
02-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Mr Positive
Four-NinetySeven-Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post

He would definitely be a project for the future. Maybe keep him in the AHL another year and sign an aging 2c as a placeholder.

Grigs has bad stats but so did ryan johansen

Old
02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:

are you f---ing serious??? OMG, if that is true, Tambo should be strung up, tarred and feather. this love affair with Eberle is going to drive me to insanity. HE'S A F---ING SOFT DANGLER FFS!!!! why are people so mesmerized by a few nifty howdy doos? I'll take a 200', solid C for him in a heartbeat.

Old
02-22-2014, 08:16 PM
HeavyMcHitter97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post

Based on what I've seen he isn't very physical and can be a lazy player at times. But he does have elite skill and is excellent on faceoffs. Took huge steps in face offs the past year.

With that said the sabres would decline Gagner for Grigorenko as his size, potential and face off ability exceed Gagner. The Sabres won't want to get smaller.

Old
02-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Mr Positive
Four-NinetySeven-Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Based on what I've seen he isn't very physical and can be a lazy player at times. But he does have elite skill and is excellent on faceoffs. Took huge steps in face offs the past year.

With that said the sabres would decline Gagner for Grigorenko as his size, potential and face off ability exceed Gagner. The Sabres won't want to get smaller.
They could use Gagner for his veteran presence. Stafford and Ott are on the way out. They already have Hodgson and Girgensen down the middle.

Gagner is old enough to bring some leadership compared to a greenhorn like Grigorenko but he's still young enough to go through a rebuild and stick around as part of the core

Old
02-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Just spitballing here but toss some tins, some Bacardi and 3.5 to Heatley, trade for Spezza?

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Yakupov
Heatley - Spezza - Eberle
Perron - Gordon - xxxx (Kulemin)

Old
02-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Petes2424

Regarding Eberle, the only way I believe he should be moved is for a top D. That's it. People can call him soft, etc, but he's on his way to becoming a pt a game player and those don't grow on trees. Neither do teams move top D very often. You don't trade him for a guy like Josi hoping that he becomes a top D. If they did move him however I always look at teams with organizational depth and a team like Detroit fits that criteria. I'd want nothing short of Mrazek, Oullet and Mantha. Three guys who are NHL or near/NHL ready and will be ten year players. I'd want Mantha over a Tatar/Nyquist type because of his size.

As for Hemsky, a first would be a great deal but hopefully they can land a good, younger depth player such as Gryba from Ottawa. I'm banking on his value increasing a bit as some teams are going to lose out on Moulson and Vanek but still need a jolt up front. Pittsburgh for Harrington would be a home run. I don't know that Detroit will be in on him as their young guys like Jurco have really stepped up. If they are involved I think we could be safe saying a guy like Kindl as I doubt they give much more.

In regards to Gagner, I stand firm on LA having to give up a Forbort in any deal. I'm also intrigued by a Nashville deal with Wilson and Ekholm. I've seen people talk about Florida but don't really see a fit there. Buffalo is going to need another C and even though they'd prefer a bigger guy, I can see them being in the mix. I'd want Ruhwedel and a young forward. It be interesting to see if they'd part with Grigorenko.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Just spitballing here but toss some tins, some Bacardi and 3.5 to Heatley, trade for Spezza?

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Yakupov
Heatley - Spezza - Eberle
Perron - Gordon - xxxx (Kulemin)
What exactly do you think would be traded for Spezza? I noticed you retained Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov & Perron.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Regarding Eberle, the only way I believe he should be moved is for a top D. That's it. People can call him soft, etc, but he's on his way to becoming a pt a game player and those don't grow on trees. Neither do teams move top D very often. You don't trade him for a guy like Josi hoping that he becomes a top D. If they did move him however I always look at teams with organizational depth and a team like Detroit fits that criteria. I'd want nothing short of Mrazek, Oullet and Mantha. Three guys who are NHL or near/NHL ready and will be ten year players. I'd want Mantha over a Tatar/Nyquist type because of his size.
how about Eberle for Tyler Myers? or a package deal with Eberle and Myers being the principle parts in the trade? sure its a risk, but is a 6'8", 24 yr old D that can skate and proven he can be dominant (albeit for only one rookie campaign) really a risk? And, at least in theory, a top pairing, horse D for a small dangler is a fleecing most times.

Imagine, Myers, Marincin, Nurse, Schultz, Klefbom!!! that would bring a return to realistic hopes for a Cup, unlike now where all I hope for is the Oilers to become NHL calibre. It is a phone call I definitely make to Tim Murray.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:39 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
how about Eberle for Tyler Myers? or a package deal with Eberle and Myers being the principle parts in the trade? sure its a risk, but is a 6'8", 24 yr old D that can skate and proven he can be dominant (albeit for only one rookie campaign) really a risk? And, at least in theory, a top pairing, horse D for a small dangler is a fleecing most times.

Imagine, Myers, Marincin, Nurse, Schultz, Klefbom!!! that would bring a return to realistic hopes for a Cup, unlike now where all I hope for is the Oilers to become NHL calibre. It is a phone call I definitely make to Tim Murray.
There's zero reason to be sold on any of those defensemen... and even less reason to be sold on any of them for the next 4-5 years.

Old
02-22-2014, 11:42 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
are you f---ing serious??? OMG, if that is true, Tambo should be strung up, tarred and feather. this love affair with Eberle is going to drive me to insanity. HE'S A F---ING SOFT DANGLER FFS!!!! why are people so mesmerized by a few nifty howdy doos? I'll take a 200', solid C for him in a heartbeat.
While I'm not one to defend Tambo, being that he's an idiot and all, but those were both at the draft offers and Eberle was further a long and a much more sure bet than either of those two at the time. Eberle was pretty much a posthumous gift to us from Lorne Davis, so there is some sentimentality mixed in there; but in hindsight I would take either of those offers and run.

At the time I definetly would of bit on the offer for 2nd overall (Tyler Seguin), 4th overall is a real tough one I'm not sure if at that time I would of taken it, and after watching Johansen struggle in the past few years, I would of been glad we didn't do that trade, but now that he is a big strong center just ripping it up, I would be 100% on board with it .

Old
02-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
There's zero reason to be sold on any of those defensemen... and even less reason to be sold on any of them for the next 4-5 years.
so, you say no to Myers for Eberle? is it because you don't believe in Myers or you just think Eberle is too good?

Old
02-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Up the Irons

Quote:
While I'm not one to defend Tambo, being that he's an idiot and all, but those were both at the draft offers and Eberle was further a long and a much more sure bet than either of those two at the time. Eberle was pretty much a posthumous gift to us from Lorne Davis, so there is some sentimentality mixed in there; but in hindsight I would take either of those offers and run.

At the time I definetly would of bit on the offer for 2nd overall (Tyler Seguin), 4th overall is a real tough one I'm not sure if at that time I would of taken it, and after watching Johansen struggle in the past few years, I would of been glad we didn't do that trade, but now that he is a big strong center just ripping it up, I would be 100% on board with it .
fair enough on the first bold. and i concur with on the second bold. If he could have gotten the 2nd overall, and we already had the first, I would have pulled the trigger. the was every reason to believe that Seguin would be better than Eberle in short order. He was a very strong candidate for 1st overall, afterall, and a C.

Hall-Seguin-RNH (or Lando whom may have taken since we already had a 1C) >>>>> Hall-Eberle-RNH.

mistake #20 of ~40 in cataloging the demise of the Oilers into the depths of oblivion.

Old
02-23-2014, 12:26 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
Gagner to Vancouver for David Booth. Just the type of player the oilers need

Closed Thread