HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel archangel View Post
Gagner to Vancouver for David Booth. Just the type of player the oilers need
Overpaid injury prone 3rd liner who has done nothing but regress in his career the last handful of years?

Yeah... just what the Oilers need.

Old
02-23-2014, 12:50 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
are you f---ing serious??? OMG, if that is true, Tambo should be strung up, tarred and feather. this love affair with Eberle is going to drive me to insanity. HE'S A F---ING SOFT DANGLER FFS!!!! why are people so mesmerized by a few nifty howdy doos? I'll take a 200', solid C for him in a heartbeat.
Oilers may have offered Hemsky and Eberle. Bruins turned it down. The oilers tried to get Johanson when he was being drafted and Blue Jackets asked for Eberle. Eberle had not played a game yet in the NHL at that point in time. It was on year one of Oil Change

Old
02-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
what, a useless overpaid winger

Old
02-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
If we wanted David Booth we could probably get him for a Musil

Old
02-23-2014, 03:27 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I doubt he'd be that expensive even

02-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Yikes, this is probably the lowest I've seen Gagner valued at. Gross for Edmonton.

Actually, this proposal makes me mad to be honest how could you undervalue Gagner so badly?

Quote:
Musil has cache, could be a prospect to include in a prospect deal. 15 points in his last 56 GP at a 4.25M cap hit. Booth is literally worth less than Horcoff was for us.

Old
02-23-2014, 04:43 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
how about Eberle for Tyler Myers? or a package deal with Eberle and Myers being the principle parts in the trade? sure its a risk, but is a 6'8", 24 yr old D that can skate and proven he can be dominant (albeit for only one rookie campaign) really a risk? And, at least in theory, a top pairing, horse D for a small dangler is a fleecing most times.

Imagine, Myers, Marincin, Nurse, Schultz, Klefbom!!! that would bring a return to realistic hopes for a Cup, unlike now where all I hope for is the Oilers to become NHL calibre. It is a phone call I definitely make to Tim Murray.
There's to many ifs with Myers right now. If they're going to move Eberle, they better know what they're getting in return unless it's a package of players, as you mentioned.

Old
02-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Bergeron47

Is Musil actually considered to be a potential top 4 d-man? Everything I've heard has his as a probably 6/7, or a #5 at best.

Old
02-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
There's to many ifs with Myers right now. If they're going to move Eberle, they better know what they're getting in return unless it's a package of players, as you mentioned.
the problem with Meyers is that he seems to lack hockey sense. He is very tentative on the ice. That could be a coaching issue or who he is partnered with. It could be that he was in over his head for the last 3 yearrs. It seems like the game never did slow down for him.

Old
02-23-2014, 03:47 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 400
sounds like Hemsky is as good as gone

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
02-23-2014, 04:21 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 10185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
sounds like Hemsky is as good as gone
Not a huge shocker. Most of us expected as much...and I'll be surprised if anyone is happy with the return.

Old
02-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Quote:
What exactly do you think would be traded for Spezza? I noticed you retained Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov & Perron.
For a player on the downswing of his career with an injury history and one year on his deal none of them that's for sure.

Old
02-23-2014, 05:03 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Not a huge shocker. Most of us expected as much...and I'll be surprised if anyone is happy with the return.
As a huge Hemsky fan, anything more than zero is a win. Just because he's walking for nothing in 2 months

Old
02-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
For a player on the downswing of his career with an injury history and one year on his deal none of them that's for sure.
So you don't have an answer then?

Old
02-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
the problem with Meyers is that he seems to lack hockey sense. He is very tentative on the ice. That could be a coaching issue or who he is partnered with. It could be that he was in over his head for the last 3 yearrs. It seems like the game never did slow down for him.
With a lot of young D, they make an initial splash, then they kind of simmer for a few seasons. Then it seems like you can flip a coin if they'll ever really get better. The list is endless. Look at Larsson and Schultz for instance.

Some young guys come in at an early age, have some initial success and then comes pressure, teams learn their weaknesses and they struggle for awhile. I think Meyers is attacked by going right at him. He plays with little confidence and he's a north/south player in a game that's changing to more skilled blueliners. It used to be you taught kids to be tough, be in position, use the boards, never pass through the middle, etc. It's so much more now. The short passing and puck control in your own zone is vital these days. Guys like Myers and Schenn need to learn by studying a guy like Jonathon Ericsson. He's really one of a handful of players who's really transformed in that regard even with his oops moments today.

It's just rare anymore when a young D comes in and just plays like he's been in the league ten years. It's why I'm really high on Marincin right now. Guys like Maata, Dekeyser and Murray look like savvy vets already. Hopefully Marincin continues to get better everyday and we can add him to that short list.

Anyway, if I'm trading Eberle for a top D, that guy better be more of a definite.

Old
02-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
I wonder what Hemsky could return from the Pens. Is Scott Harrington aiming too high?

Despres and Dumolin (sp?) I believe have important roles going forward(especially with Letang's issues). Maata looks like a stud. Pouliot was a guy they favored in the draft.

02-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I wonder what Hemsky could return from the Pens. Is Scott Harrington aiming too high?

Despres and Dumolin (sp?) I believe have important roles going forward(especially with Letang's issues). Maata looks like a stud. Pouliot was a guy they favored in the draft.
I'd be stoked for any of those names. Harrington would probably the most obtainable.
You'd think they are in a position where they have so many d prospects that it makes sense for them to trade one for a rental winger. Gibbons is in their top 6. Their bottom 6 wingers are atrocious.

Old
02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
So you don't have an answer then?
The Oilers have assets to get a deal done. Gagner, Klefbom, Nurse, Marincin to name a few. I think Ottawa would have a hard time saying no to Gagner and Nurse. Not sure if we'd do that though.

Old
02-23-2014, 07:25 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
I'd be stoked for any of those names. Harrington would probably the most obtainable.
You'd think they are in a position where they have so many d prospects that it makes sense for them to trade one for a rental winger. Gibbons is in their top 6. Their bottom 6 wingers are atrocious.
I think Despres was the most attainable (and, imo, second best [behind god incarnate Olli Matta]), but that's also a Bylsma thing, playing Bortuzzo over Despres, who has been a far better player in their minutes. Add a B prospect to get the deal done.

And yeah. I think Pitts fans would hate to admit it, but they really need a creative top-6 winger. They haven't had one, truly, since Hoss left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
The Oilers have assets to get a deal done. Gagner, Klefbom, Nurse, Marincin to name a few. I think Ottawa would have a hard time saying no to Gagner and Nurse. Not sure if we'd do that though.
Wait, what? Yes, Ottawa would have a hard time saying no to a top-20 prospect in the world and a serviceable #2C/#2W to alleviate their scoring problems for an impending oft-injured FA.

Wh... Why?!

Old
02-23-2014, 08:05 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

If Andrew MacDonald becomes available, either now or in the offseason, any takers? Been playing well in tough minutes for the Isles (especially well prior to this year), has a RelCorsi (QoC) of 1.135 (better than anyone on his team +20 games) and has been moving the puck in the right direction when he's on the ice (48.4% starts in the O-zone (not sheltered), 49.8% finish in the O-zone (moving the puck the right way, mostly))...

Old
02-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Bergeron47

Yes, we could really use MacDonald

Old
02-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Cucumber

Hey guys

Eberle 2nd to tor reilly fransom

Yak to nyi for reinheart add a pick on either side to even it out

Old
02-23-2014, 09:08 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
If Andrew MacDonald becomes available, either now or in the offseason, any takers? Been playing well in tough minutes for the Isles (especially well prior to this year), has a RelCorsi (QoC) of 1.135 (better than anyone on his team +20 games) and has been moving the puck in the right direction when he's on the ice (48.4% starts in the O-zone (not sheltered), 49.8% finish in the O-zone (moving the puck the right way, mostly))...
I'd be interested depending on his price tags, those numbers don't look nearly as good when he isn't playing with Hamonic.

Old
02-23-2014, 09:17 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumber View Post
Hey guys

Eberle 2nd to tor reilly fransom

Yak to nyi for reinheart add a pick on either side to even it out
And when we trade Hemsky our top RW is Jones? No thanks.

Old
02-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Cucumber

Biggest need for u guys is not offense it dman

Hall 1st for Murray rychel

Closed Thread