HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Protected List Released

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 03:46 PM
skidboot

vCash: 500
Wasn't Michael Henrich a highly thought of player/rookie not too long ago?

What happened there??? Injuries???

How about Petr Buzek?

Travis Green will bring some grit to the team.

Did I see that the Rangers put Bure on waivers? Are they taking the chance that his salary won't be taken or is the knee that bad?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I`m alittle surprised to see Juneau, Dackell, and Audette are protected...I didn`t think anybody would touch Audette anyway. Hopefully we don`t loose anymore decent young guys ala Robidas. And I hope someone picks up traverse.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Sam I Am

Protecting Donald Audette? What in the world do they have in mind?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
From NHL.com:

Protected

Donald Audette, F; Francis Bouillon, D; Patrice Brisebois, D; Jan Bulis, F; Andreas Dackell, F; Gordie Dwyer, F; Joe Juneau, F; Chad Kilger, F; Saku Koivu, F; Andrei Markov, D; Yanic Perreault, F; Stephane Quintal, D; Mike Ribeiro, F; Craig Rivet, D; Sheldon Souray, D; Niklas Sundstrom, F; Jason Ward, F; Richard Zednik, F; Mathieu Garon, G; Jose Theodore, G.

Available

Francois Beauchemin, D; Sylvain Blouin, F; Pierre Dagenais, F; Karl Dykhuis, D; Benoit Gratton, F; Miloslav Guren, D; Patrick Traverse, D; J-F Damphousse, G; Eric Fichaud, G.
Where the hell is Michael Ryder? Or were we wrong all along and he doesn't need to be protected? (then the next question would be how come Beauchemin is then?) Cause if Ryder's made available for the waiver draft and gets picked, I'll kill someone.

Also it sucks to see Beauchemin exposed. It's very likely he's going to get picked (probably by Edmonton who need Dmen badly and have seen him play all year long).

Old
10-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot

How about Petr Buzek?

Did I see that the Rangers put Bure on waivers? Are they taking the chance that his salary won't be taken or is the knee that bad?
Micahel, and his brother Adam, were two potentia power-forwards who never really progressed much. Michael was taken 7'th overall I believe by the Oilers way back. He's a serious project, and he doesn't seem to be improving much.

Buzek would be interesting, but I don't see how he would patch up our holes.

Travis Green is in his 30's... thats a step in the wrong direction. I don't think we're looking for impact players now, and our roster is full.

And yes, the Rangers did put Bure on waivers, probably for the reasons you mentioned. I wonder if he'll be taken.

Finally, I don't like the fact that Beauchemin was placed on waivers either. I think he's going to be taken, but I really really hope not. It's hard to see a player you've just finished developing get thrown to another team. Besides, where is the 'commitment to youth' now?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:20 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Protecting Donald Audette? What in the world do they have in mind?
perhaps to not lower his trade value......i think they will trade him for a draft pick(4-6 rounder). Heck if Berezin got us a fourth rounder from Chicago, he can get us the same

Old
10-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
And yes, the Rangers did put Bure on waivers, probably for the reasons you mentioned. I wonder if he'll be taken.
Bure is considering retirement, his knee is that bad.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Travis Green is in his 30's... thats a step in the wrong direction. I don't think we're looking for impact players now, and our roster is full.
Green is a gritty player. I've never cared for him that much though...not sure why. Maybe that blue sweater he's been wearing the last few years.

One reason Green was left unprotected by the Leafs is the pre-season play of Nathan Perrot, who was such a physical force against the Habs the other night. Perrott has bounced around...nice to see him make it. I remember him from when he played in Sault Ste Marie.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=19354

Old
10-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I really think we should pick Harold Druken in the second round. He seem to be good. Don't know why he didn't play on a regular basis in a NHL team.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:45 PM
skidboot

Travis Green or Joe Juneau....who do you prefer? I'll take Green at this point.

I can't imagine Green making that much more than Juneau. Green does alot of the little things well.

Old
10-01-2003, 04:53 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I'm comfortable why the guys we protected/unprotected, except maybe Francois Beauchemin, who I feel should have been protected just in case some team is really high on him. I sure hope he's not taken by any team... I think the potential is there, and he adds size on the blue line.

As for Audette being protected, I think it's a good thing. Having a bad season doesn't mean we need to get rid of him. He is motivated to bounce back this season, and is willing to work harder to deserve his first line spot early in the season,

Old
10-01-2003, 04:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
I'd take Green for sure....he always seems to be play well against the Habs (so do evrey french goalie they play against in MTL)...

But we need more veterans on the team...we can't go totally youth just yet, we lost Gilmour, McKay, Czerkawski...etc. and we got no one in return. We need someone to replace those points we lost.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Mike8

Quote:

How about Petr Buzek?

Henrich is a bust. He played with Canada's national team last year, I believe. Canada's national team is a bunch of has-beens or never-weres.

Buzek would just add depth, wouldn't add anything new.

Green is only gritty when surrounded by grit. Otherwise he's a nothing, IMO.

Bure is contemplating retirement and has already accepted a position in Russian politics, and may do that full-time.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:44 PM
caper13

waiver draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
We lost both Robidas and Bouillon last year, they can take as many defensemen as they want.
1 think beauchemin will be the first one or two guys picked . i think they are makeing a big mistake or they know something we dont.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Where the hell is Michael Ryder? Or were we wrong all along and he doesn't need to be protected?
Well to answer my own question, RDS say he didn't have to be protected. It's just a bigger acomplishment for Ryder if he can make the team even though they could have sent him down without any risk. All the credit goes to him.

Still pissed about Beauchemin though...

Old
10-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well to answer my own question, RDS say he didn't have to be protected. It's just a bigger acomplishment for Ryder if he can make the team even though they could have sent him down without any risk. All the credit goes to him.

Still pissed about Beauchemin though...
actually you're wrong again: ryder and beauchemin are from the same draft and hence in the same situation, that being if they are sent down they are exposed, if they stick with the club they don't have to be protected. it's sort of a transitional year.

as for beauchemin, yes, i am very upset. he looked like our best defensive prospect in the games i saw, in that i mean the one most ready to play. i'm not sure if after sending him down we could have protected him, but i do not understand why we would protect a player like bouillon (or play him) ahead of beauchemin. i really liked what i saw of beauchemin and if we lose him i'll be really really sad.

Old
10-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Shazbot

skill and size - a few names that caught my eye

is Bill Muckalt injured? why has he been bounced around so often? he seems like a skilled and intelligent player.

Ivan Novoseltsev - could he make a good third-liner somewhere? he's got good wheels and a good shot, and he's got size, too, hasn't he? according to tsn.ca, his defensive skills ain't so hot, but he's had almost 30 points in each of his last two seasons, and he's only 24. he can play left or right wing. he's a bit of a project for sure, but HE'S MY PICK IF GAINEY'S GONNA GRAB ANYONE OFF WAIVERS.

Jaroslav Bednar - is Florida not happy with this guy? wasn't he an important part of the Yuskevich trade with L.A.?

Shane Willis - has this guy been like broccoli on ice since he was laid out by scott stevens in the playoffs a few years ago?

Mike Wilson - is he as big and bad as he looks?

Alexandre Daigle - this name always catches my eye. i would love to see what he could do in a Habs jersey, y'know, just on a try-out basis one year. hopefully for him, he won't be shopping himself around, looking for a job, after this year.

Old
10-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side
actually you're wrong again: ryder and beauchemin are from the same draft and hence in the same situation, that being if they are sent down they are exposed, if they stick with the club they don't have to be protected. it's sort of a transitional year.
Hmmm.... A first to me. So you're saying Ryder, if he remains in the bigs, would not have to be protected but if sent down he would have to go through waivers? Not saying I don't beleive you, but I never heard of that little particularity about rookies who are border-lines between their exemption period and their waiver draft eligibility. It's usually one or the other. Do you have a link to that rule?

Also if it's true, that would mean he will not be one of the 3 remaining cuts coming in a few days.

Old
10-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
my picks
1-Jeff Heerema young skilled project.. +low salary(500k)
2-Ivan Novoseltsev speedy skilled winger.. he deserve a try IMO + low salary(870k)
3-Jaroslav Bednar ''relatively young'' skilled project.. still surprise he's not protected + low salary(500k)
4-Tyler Bouck young fiesty forward.. could bring some intensity and he's still young..

Old
10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
I'd go with that young unknown prospect... Pavel Bure... I've always thought he might turn out to be a good player someday.

Old
10-01-2003, 09:18 PM
SuperUnknown

Calm down everybody.

It would be a BIG surprise if Beauchemin was picked up.

Remember that a team can't pick him and then send him to play on the farm. Beauchemin has proven nothing at the NHL level so why would a team gamble on him? At least Robidas and Bouillon had NHL experience (with decent seasons) when they were picked. Also, there is a lot of talent more interesting than Beauchemin, who's kind of a late bloomer.

Old
10-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisaruis
You can't Lose more than one dman at the waivers draft!

Montreal hope thats someone will take Dykhuis or Traverse before Beauchemin!
We lost two last year.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
I really dislike the fact that Beauchemin is unprotected.
I think they should have left either Juneau or Dackell unprotected instead of Beachy!
I concur. Beauchemin has some upside, and from what I understand performed well in Hamilton last year. I think he is as good as gone. I could see someone with defensive depth woes like TO take him.

I also think Dykhuis will be taken, which I somewhat regret. He didn't play well last year, but the year before was one of our best defenceman in a pairing with Brisboise. In my mind this guy had some trade potential at the deadline to a team looking for #5-#6 and depth defencemen for a playoff run.

I would have exposed Juneau and Dackell over these guys, but thankfuly I'm not the GM. Let's hope Gainey knows what he is doing...

Old
10-02-2003, 05:56 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot

Ivan Novoseltsev - could he make a good third-liner somewhere? he's got good wheels and a good shot, and he's got size, too, hasn't he? according to tsn.ca, his defensive skills ain't so hot, but he's had almost 30 points in each of his last two seasons, and he's only 24. he can play left or right wing. he's a bit of a project for sure, but HE'S MY PICK IF GAINEY'S GONNA GRAB ANYONE OFF WAIVERS.
That's my idea as well. Still has some upside, but I think someone else will snap him up before we do.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
my picks
1-Jeff Heerema young skilled project.. +low salary(500k)
2-Ivan Novoseltsev speedy skilled winger.. he deserve a try IMO + low salary(870k)
3-Jaroslav Bednar ''relatively young'' skilled project.. still surprise he's not protected + low salary(500k)
4-Tyler Bouck young fiesty forward.. could bring some intensity and he's still young..
Didn't the Rangers just claim Heerema off the waiver wire from Carolina? Can he be claimed again in the waiver draft just a few days later?

Closed Thread