HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Protected List Released

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
I believe Garon was in that boat last season. He didn't have to be protected in the waiver draft since he was still exempt, but once the season began he had to clear waivers in order to be sent to the minors. That's why the Habs carried three goalies at the beginning of last season until they finally risked losing Garon by sending him to the minors.
Yes I do remember something of this sort with Garon now that you mention it. Never too late to learn I guess.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
Didn't the Rangers just claim Heerema off the waiver wire from Carolina? Can he be claimed again in the waiver draft just a few days later?
Yes he can, he was not protected by the Rangers. And if he didn't make the team in Montreal, we would have to put him back on waivers before going to the AHL. He'd get picked again and we would potentially have lost a player for nothing.

Old
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
NWT Habs Fan

I was surprised with the news that Beauchy was unprotected and that guys like Juneau and Dackell were left protected...don't even get me started on protecting Audette (who will pick him up at $3M).

The only thing I can see is that Bob may have a player out there in mind and is leaving some easy players to then remove off our list (we must unprotect a player if we pick one up).

All things considered, I think we will only lose Dykhuis...some teams can afford him and his experience.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Green made $1.5 mil last year. But he's 32. Probably a move in the wrong direction. Would rather have Ward or Ryder playing.
Well, age and experience arent neccesarily a bad things. Especially when you are defensive player. He should have 2-3 good seasons left in him -seeing hes been reasonably healthy over the past few years considering the way he plays.

We dont know whan Kilger is ready to come back or if hes really capable or willing to play at center. It should be obvious to everyone - Habs need defensive center. Juneau is in his last legs even if he rebounds from his last season, he cannot be expected to play 18-19 minutes per night, and we want Saku to play more offensive shifts.

In my opinion, with the material Habs have, it would be smart idea to have two checking lines, instead of trying to play three so-so offensive lines and one overworked defensive line.

And he is not competing with Ward or Ryder, they are playing different slots. Hes a centerman they are wingers.

Old
10-02-2003, 01:47 PM
fredez

Damn, I just took 30 min to list the most notables players with their pros and cons (I disconnected to do this) then when I connected and sent it said I wasnt logged in and I lost everything

anyway

I dont feel like typying it all again

here was my top 3

1-Ivan Novoseltev (young,physical,can score)
2-Darren Langdon tied woth Eric Boulton (fill enforcer role)
3-Chris Therien (upgrade D size and gives confidence to Breezer if he plays with him)

Closed Thread